The Food Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Yeah that looks absolutely incredible. Food doesn’t get better than rbat
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I tried a "terrine" of sorts. In Germany, they sell pickled veggies and meats in jelly, and they slice it so you can eat it like cold cuts, and I always wanted to try and make that. This is not entirely that but I am more encouraged now. The layers are a chicken cream with herbs and sour cream, roasted zucchini/ squash, sauteed turnip, peppers and beets. I prepped all things myself except for the roasted pepper. The casing is nasturtium flowers and leaves. I made a broth with lemon grass and ginger and some heat and added the gelatin to that. Some of it was mixed with the chicken, the rest poured over. I pressed it all down and let it sit in the fridge over night. It unmolded and sliced perfectly and tastes refreshing and delightful with some homemade bread.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    I tried a "terrine" of sorts. In Germany, they sell pickled veggies and meats in jelly, and they slice it so you can eat it like cold cuts, and I always wanted to try and make that. This is not entirely that but I am more encouraged now. The layers are a chicken cream with herbs and sour cream, roasted zucchini/ squash, sauteed turnip, peppers and beets. I prepped all things myself except for the roasted pepper. The casing is nasturtium flowers and leaves. I made a broth with lemon grass and ginger and some heat and added the gelatin to that. Some of it was mixed with the chicken, the rest poured over. I pressed it all down and let it sit in the fridge over night. It unmolded and sliced perfectly and tastes refreshing and delightful with some homemade bread.

Damn I’ve never heard or seen anything like this it looks really good! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,966
    Unique for sure. Pretty.
  • I've seen terrine it's like a paté . Great job
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258

It's beautiful!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Pear Caflouti wife baked it! Used pears we get from farm to table program 
    Looks yum!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Thanks! Starting this Wednesday I’ll be ending my employment at the hospital I’ve been there 29 years time to walk on, so I’ll have more time spend in the kitchen lots of cooking to be done 
    Good luck on your next path, josevolution!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,175
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Pear Caflouti wife baked it! Used pears we get from farm to table program 
    Looks yum!
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Thanks! Starting this Wednesday I’ll be ending my employment at the hospital I’ve been there 29 years time to walk on, so I’ll have more time spend in the kitchen lots of cooking to be done 
    Good luck on your next path, josevolution!
    Thanks! It was yummy I had with tea 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

This looks incredible. So, chicken cream...is that sort of like a chicken salad type of deal?
    www.myspace.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,778
    Try everything! Congrats Jose on retirement! Enjoy life with the wife! I think that is a poem.
  • I tried a "terrine" of sorts. In Germany, they sell pickled veggies and meats in jelly, and they slice it so you can eat it like cold cuts, and I always wanted to try and make that. This is not entirely that but I am more encouraged now. The layers are a chicken cream with herbs and sour cream, roasted zucchini/ squash, sauteed turnip, peppers and beets. I prepped all things myself except for the roasted pepper. The casing is nasturtium flowers and leaves. I made a broth with lemon grass and ginger and some heat and added the gelatin to that. Some of it was mixed with the chicken, the rest poured over. I pressed it all down and let it sit in the fridge over night. It unmolded and sliced perfectly and tastes refreshing and delightful with some homemade bread.

Damn I’ve never heard or seen anything like this it looks really good! 
    That is what we call "Head Cheese".  Now I have never ever had an inkling to try it.  We scoffed at it in the deli.  It looks disgusting to be honest. Gelatin and meet cubes suspended in it.

Yours looks appealing though and I would definitely try it. It looks nothing like what we had in the deli. Thank you for showing me that it can be appetizing.
    bacon cheddar burgers. 1 frozen hotdog bun. Nice and burned. Like eating a soft piece of burned wood. Good in a Neanderthal way.
  • Haha.  It looks good but I don't usually burn on purpose.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    True. They are good burgers. Different. Frozen so not like a fat juicy burger. Still yummy.
  • Loujoe said:
    True. They are good burgers. Different. Frozen so not like a fat juicy burger. Still yummy.
    I'm sure....I use Bubba Burgers many times.   Excellent frozen burger.
  • We got talking about chicken cutlets in the Pizza thread

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Looks great Brett!  Are those panko breadcrumbs?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Yessir
  • Today was Pie Day at the house.

We made a homemade Turkey pot pie. 
    We made a homemade Apple pie
    Then we made a homemade Shepards pie

All taste delicious. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Shepards Pie is a favorite, never made myself.  Should do so!
  • Shepards Pie is a favorite, never made myself.  Should do so!
    My wife and I have been using a Food delivery service, "Hello Fresh" for the last year or so. We will have 3 meals a week delivered to us. Pre-measured ingredients, fresh meat, etc. They really make cooking a meal for 2 pretty simple. The only reason we tried it to begin with was because we were just sick and bored with cooking the same old recipes for the last 25 years. 

Anyways, today was the 1st time we tried their Shepards Pie. 
    It was incredible!
  • Well done!
  • Well done!
    When my wife announced that she was going to try this "Hello Fresh" food delivery thinga majiggy, I thought she was crazy. 
    But I tell you, its pretty nice. Food shows up to the house in a cooler. And never has anything been spoiled or rotten. Its nice just having all the ingredients pre measured. If the recipe calls for 2 celery stalks, then thats all they package. If I only need 2 tablespoons of flour, then thats all they send me. And like I said, its just nice cooking "something different". Such as

Pub Style Shepards Pie
    Silky Sicilian Penne
    Slow cooker chicken and biscuit soup
    Lemon spinach ricotta ravioli
    Slow cooker cashew chicken
    Zucchini and tomato flatbread

Those are our 6 different meals in the last 2 weeks. And in the last 6 months or so there has only been one meal we have prepared that we did not like. Everything they send Is delicious. 

And because everything is pre-measured and right in front of you, your prep time is cut to nothing. Preparing and cooking the meal usually takes 30-45 minutes tops. 

It comes with these fancy shmancy 8x10 meal cards with each order, that shows you all the ingredients that were sent along with the directions on how to prepare your meal. You also get a nice 5x7 colored picture of what the meal is supposed to look like when finished. 
    More than once my wife and I have prepared a dish, and then laughed at how beautiful it looks and tastes. 

I tell ya, its fucking great! 
    Nice^^^second person that told me about this. Good stuff. :)

• My wife’s homemade chicken riggies. She’s been perfecting them for years. Absolutely incredible.
    Alright! Looks great. Yum
  • A big night

Eggs and toast
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,778

My wife’s homemade chicken riggies. She’s been perfecting them for years. Absolutely incredible.

Upstate NY in tha house!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Tis a Good Friday