Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,828
    What have you lost?

Memory and confusion is ridiculous. 
    All the  drs say the same. Its from anxiety. Not anything  else. I dont buy it.
    yet what you describe you experience is textbook.

so, disbelieve them all you want, have you stuck with a protocol for longer than a week or so?  Just to see. maybe do a month or even two, so you can prove all their knowlege and experience wrong.

really , what do you have to lose?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I am in this fucked up place where I don't want to live anymore but I am terrified of dying and death.
    It is like being stuck in a nightmare. I want to die but I don't want to die.
    this was discussed with your gp and this psychiatrist you just saw?

this feeling fit with the listed side effects?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I did mention suicidal ideation today.
    I've been like this before medication. It's not the medication.
    I start a higher dose on Sunday. No amount of drugs can cure loneliness and feeling like those in your life don't care about you.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I did mention suicidal ideation today.
    I've been like this before medication. It's not the medication.
    I start a higher dose on Sunday. No amount of drugs can cure loneliness and feeling like those in your life don't care about you.
    idk man. seems to me you have expectations of others to do as you would and do for them?

like the golden rule. do unto others as you would have them do unto you. the part they left off was dont expect them to do the same.

set the bar very low for others, then when they exceed your super low or no expectations you can be surprised.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    I don't feel like I am asking for too much in expecting people to at least ask every so often how I am going.
    After all that I do to help others I don't feel it is a big ask.
    You get forgotten and feel forgotten. 
    I don't expect to receive in return all that I give/do for others. Just to know people care for my mental wellbeing.
    Anyways, I'm off to bed.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    edited November 2019
    Not to expect anything from anybody is hard because it's somewhat natural to do. But to have specific expectations how people are supposed to behave towards you is kinda unfair. How would they know of your expectations? Even if they did they might not feel comfortable or able to do it. You don't always know what's going on in their life.
    If you don't like that your friend isn't asking how you feel mentally, why not tell him that you'd like to talk about it? He can't know if you don't tell him, can he? Maybe he doesn't ask because he thinks it might do you good to talk about other stuff. Maybe he doesn't because the extent of your anguish isn't clear to him. You don't know. It may be that he isn't comfortable talking about the topic but even if that's the case that doesn't mean he doesn't care.

With social media I agree with Rob and will say what I told you before. Get off of social media right away. It is toxic! And again, don't expect people who you haven't socialized with for quite a while to like your posts. I have around 80 "friends" on Facebook. A) I log into FB twice a year. B ) I haven't talked to 70 of these people in years. C) My real friends I talk to or text with or meet. In person.
    If you want to share your art and talk about your passions then do it with friends and likeminded people, preferrably in person. Get off your phone. Your art class is a phantastic first step! Even if it may only be middle-aged women. Doesn't matter! Have you had your first class? If so, how was it?
    I get the feeling of loneliness, I really do! I think we've all been there to some extent. But relying on social media isn't gonna help.
    stay in there, M. And text me whenever you like :smile: I for one can't wait to see/ hear your next piece of art!

Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • Options

Have not posted in a little while but I had a very rough past week , depression and anxiety kicked in hard. I don't know what kicked it off but I think part of it was the fact that were I live the sun now sets a little after 4:00pm , its cold , lots of rain and it really has taken away from my walking/running and listen to music.

I started to really focus on a small rash I had and over the course of a few days started to assume it was cancer and then started to feel that someone close to me was going to pass.

While driving home from work on Tuesday night I just broke down and cried the whole way home not even knowing why just an overwhelming feeling of sadness.

I am lucky to have a great Dr. network and after talking to my wife about everything I was feeling I went to the Dr's yesterday morning and they checked out all my issues and even did an exam on were I thought I had a big problem only to be assured I was fine.  

Per my Dr , whom I have a follow up in 2 weeks to see were I am at he requested I do the following things.

1.) Join a Gym to get myself moving during these cold/dark months , I am going tomorrow to sign up
    2.) Purchase a SAD lamp , something I have though about a lot and my work does not mind me keeping it at my desk.
    3.) Just slightly adjustment of my med's for the first time in 10 years.

All of these give me hope and I can see a bit of sunshine ahead of me.

Everyone else keep fighting the good fight. I love you all.

• Options

And just one little add on , to anyone feeling down over social media , get off of it , it is so toxic to the way we live and how it can make us feel about ourselves. Most people just post the happy 1 second part of their day and it can make you feel like shit , that person very well may spend the rest of their day in a funk or crying you just don't know.

Social Media is just how someone wants people to see them  , not who they really are it just smoke and mirrors.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    my life has improved 10 fold after leaving facebook. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    What have you lost?

so, disbelieve them all you want, have you stuck with a protocol for longer than a week or so?  Just to see. maybe do a month or even two, so you can prove all their knowlege and experience wrong.

What is a protocol?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    my life has improved 10 fold after leaving facebook. 
    Agreed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

Have not posted in a little while but I had a very rough past week , depression and anxiety kicked in hard. I don't know what kicked it off but I think part of it was the fact that were I live the sun now sets a little after 4:00pm , its cold , lots of rain and it really has taken away from my walking/running and listen to music.

I started to really focus on a small rash I had and over the course of a few days started to assume it was cancer and then started to feel that someone close to me was going to pass.

While driving home from work on Tuesday night I just broke down and cried the whole way home not even knowing why just an overwhelming feeling of sadness.

I am lucky to have a great Dr. network and after talking to my wife about everything I was feeling I went to the Dr's yesterday morning and they checked out all my issues and even did an exam on were I thought I had a big problem only to be assured I was fine.  

Per my Dr , whom I have a follow up in 2 weeks to see were I am at he requested I do the following things.

1.) Join a Gym to get myself moving during these cold/dark months , I am going tomorrow to sign up
    2.) Purchase a SAD lamp , something I have though about a lot and my work does not mind me keeping it at my desk.
    3.) Just slightly adjustment of my med's for the first time in 10 years.

All of these give me hope and I can see a bit of sunshine ahead of me.

Everyone else keep fighting the good fight. I love you all.

Keep going my friend. I fully understand  and live those feelings also. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    What have you lost?

What is a protocol?
    the doctors prescribed treatment plan

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    What have you lost?

What is a protocol?
    I  am and have always. The  dr is the one who i follow . Its all i have.  Ive done whatever ive been told without  fail.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    What have you lost?

What is a protocol?
    I  am and have always. The  dr is the one who i follow . Its all i have.  Ive done whatever ive been told without  fail.
    inclusing meds?

• Options
    Certainly. Ive tried at least 7 ssri meds. And some anti psychotic ones.in fact so many dr said  they obvs not working. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Certainly. Ive tried at least 7 ssri meds. And some anti psychotic ones.in fact so many dr said  they obvs not working. 
    ok.

wanna share again an observation, here you are on the ball. you dont seem cognitively impaired to me. you are as easily understood as ever.

• Options
    This loneliness is so hard to handle.
  • Options
    Have you tried volunteering for a good cause...spending time doing and being active towards helping others can do wonders to get oneself out of ones head and begin to appreciate how lucky one is...gratitude is an amazing companion...
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I have thought about volunteering for homeless organisations. I am so awkward with people I'd struggle talking to homeless people and am afraid I might say the wrong thing accidentally to them. Right now, I don't want to exist.
  • Options
     So sorry to hear that, I cant help suggesting that there are all kinds of volunteering experiences, if you are fearing interactions maybe volunteering at an animal shelter, or food bank or seniors centre, just a persons presence can do wonders without a lot of dialogue needed.  Have you ever considered a silent retreat? I know a number of people who have gone to Vipashna Retreats, they are free or by donation and you can also volunteer to be in service of others and clear your mind for better things...
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    ok.

wanna share again an observation, here you are on the ball. you dont seem cognitively impaired to me. you are as easily understood as ever.
    I really do appreciate  this.  I keep trying thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Thanks.
    I've never heard of silent retreats, not even sure we have them here.
    My two recent jobs I've been fired and my work experience at a school I failed at, I feel so incompetent, I cannot do anything right. I'll probably be told I'm not up to speed at a volunteering place.
  • Options
    Hey M.  It sounds harsh but all your  issues are in a similar group.  
    Change is hard  and its slow but the only way  forward is to step into the unknown and take a leap of faith.  Dip your  toe. For you. By you. I know .
    Asking can yield  ideas but it can't  DO. 
    You have  to become a new you bit by bit. 
    You will find. Trust me . That once you start to stop caring what others say . Do. Think. You will learn to move on through the shit people and gravitate to kind nice people. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Hey M.  It sounds harsh but all your  issues are in a similar group.  
    Change is hard  and its slow but the only way  forward is to step into the unknown and take a leap of faith.  Dip your  toe. For you. By you. I know .
    Asking can yield  ideas but it can't  DO. 
    You have  to become a new you bit by bit. 
    You will find. Trust me . That once you start to stop caring what others say . Do. Think. You will learn to move on through the shit people and gravitate to kind nice people. 
    Thank you Rob.
    I care too much, my heart shatters when I am disliked.
  • Options
    Im the same. Caring is good but also bad. Try letting go please
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I've been listening to Alice in Chains.

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave

Down in a hole, feelin' so small
    Down in a hole, losin' my soul
    I'd like to fly, but my wings have been so denied

Loneliness is not a phase
    Field of pain is where I graze
    Serenity is far away
  • Options
    Isnt it strange i wrote  those lyrics down the other day as i too have been listening  to a lot of A.i.c
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Yeah I suppose.
    I've tried excercise and healthy eating for years but it's just gotten worse. It's genetic my GP said and to not blame myself.
    Just anxious about any side effects of the statin. Was told there is a very small chance of certain side effects.
    Take a CoQ10 supplement with the statin. It will help combat the side effects. My mom's cardiologist says the research is clear on this. 
  • Options
    Isnt it strange i wrote  those lyrics down the other day as i too have been listening  to a lot of A.i.c
    I have not listened to the in years, was thinking of what to listen to and they came to mind.