Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Hang in there Rob :smile:
  • Options
    Thanks for being here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Anytime 😊
    btw I‘ll fly to London today (going to Cardiff), I‘ll wave from the plane ;)
  • Options
    Oh sure. I will wave at all  planes i see today  and hope it makes  it to you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Oh sure. I will wave at all  planes i see today  and hope it makes  it to you
    that’s your day‘s work covered then :lol: 
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    Some psychologist  had me breathing  in soil through my left leg into my pelvis. Asked how it felt and then told me to breathe soil out of my  right leg ? I went there and told her i have bad confusion. Yeah imagine  me!!
    Then underground cave water into my pelvis. Ffs breathing water through a leg really?
    I read 1/2 your post and now I have mud in my pants

it's ok

thanks then
  • Options
    Yeah  imagine  the state of my pants. With 5 stages of breathing. The last one was fire!!! Now fire breathing is an art but through your pelvis.  Wow.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I imagine that would be a quick breath and out.

All done fire pelvis

• Options
    Look I'm a fire tee-pee real quick. 

Out my pant leg. show's over.com
  • Options
    rollings said:

Like an sti
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    rollings said:

channeling mr chadwick I see.... just need a what thr frig and we're set...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Rob being thinking of you and glad things are going well. Same with TA.

After a horrible week with the change in meds , my doctor just put me back on my old script and it has been good since then.

Also I love seeing that someone dragged out to the gym , it is so helpful with your mental wellbeing , even if the day you go you feel like shit or don't think it helped. The next morning when you wake up you can always feel it in your brain that you accomplished something the prior day.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    rollings said:

channeling mr chadwick I see.... just need a what thr frig and we're set...
    He got some of his material from me
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    For the past two weeks, I've had this thought running through my stressed out brain: All I want is to lie still on the floor. I'm carrying so much tension in my shoulders and hips and toes and every body part in between. So tonight I just did it. I got out of my rut and stopped. For a full hour, I put my yoga mat down -- first time in about six months -- and I just lied there. I moved some, stretched a few things, but mostly just paid attention to my body connected to the ground. I feel so much more relaxed.  
  • Options
    True. Ive always had  a vice so find it very very hard to invent myself.  I have healthy things i try. So i will do that.  Im unravelling fast though its how to stop the inevitable. 
    I really took what -what dreams-said on board the other day about not ruining people around me with my constant down talk and obsessions  with symptoms.  It really does kill love. And it will ruin all relationships  and one may not notice until its too late. But from that day im holding it in. Its bursting but i do not want to lose anymore people. I look back and can see who felt that  way and could not take anymore of me.
    So thank you WD for the insight  and HFD i believe you said a similar  thing. 
    Knowing and trying  is important  to me
    It sounds like the doctor was trying to do guided imagery with you. I've run through audio versions of that kind of thing:  breathe in light, breathe out darkness, etc. I've never heard anything like what you describe though. That is straight out of central casting.
    Glad you're working on some other outlets. To be fair to you, the constant down talk is not good for you, either, not just the people you love. I'm sure you're noticing a lot of different things now that you're not drinking/smoking the way you were. I can tell you that I used to be a chronic pot smoker who at one time added the alcohol on top, for about a decade. I was forced through life circumstance, not by choice, to stop smoking pot, as I moved to a new town and didn't have a dealer anymore (not for long, anyway)  :-). However, it turned out to be a great thing because I didn't understand how much the pot was masking my unhappiness until I took that break. Don't feel like a failure or a fake if you quit the group. It's not for everybody. Keep trying to figure out what works for you. It's a never ending process with this illness. Every time life hits us with a new challenge, we have to adjust our coping mechanisms. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    For the past two weeks, I've had this thought running through my stressed out brain: All I want is to lie still on the floor. I'm carrying so much tension in my shoulders and hips and toes and every body part in between. So tonight I just did it. I got out of my rut and stopped. For a full hour, I put my yoga mat down -- first time in about six months -- and I just lied there. I moved some, stretched a few things, but mostly just paid attention to my body connected to the ground. I feel so much more relaxed.  
    This is great; good on you!
  • Options
    I smoked pot age 16-18 then never again for 21 years.
    Started  again 9 months or so ago. Stopped a month ago.
    Started again 3 days ago. 
    Its not good but better than alcohol at the moment  nothing is not going to happen. 
    Yeah the guided breathing  i have tried . Its nice enough. And the mindfulness body scan
     Can ground a person sometimes. 
    Keep trying  thats  all i will do until i crash again which is a daily affair.
    Whatever underlaying  thing  im dealing with i cannot fix with any amount of talking or breathing  so i make an hourly choice as to what i do.
    Far from a good place . I am going down  another bad path but i by now can't  change it.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited February 2020
    That group i attend is odd as fuck. Nobody is sober even for one day. Im the only one and they are all just hiding and making excuses. 
    I cant really deal with it. Yesterday the guy who said i was an inspiration  because i get up . (As i am now) with my 2 year old at 4 a.m . Was crying  to me about me playing with my daughter. Although  he is obvs in pain it just annoyed me a bit. 
    If i am an inspiration  what does he mean. He drinks litres of cider every day and is never sober  . Nothing has changed. 
    I see my kids  as my life and my job to educate  and nurture them. Is that not normal?
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    That group i attend is odd as fuck. Nobody is sober even for one day. Im the only one and they are all just hiding and making excuses. 
    I cant really deal with it. Yesterday the guy who said i was an inspiration  because i get up . (As i am now) with my 2 year old at 4 a.m . Was crying  to me about me playing with my daughter. Although  he is obvs in pain it just annoyed me a bit. 
    If i am an inspiration  what does he mean. He drinks litres of cider every day and is never sober  . Nothing has changed. 
    I see my kids  as my life and my job to educate  and nurture them. Is that not normal?
    That is normal, but some people in the throes of addiction can't provide basic care to their children. I've seen that with my sister and one of my brothers. It is rather heartwrenching to see kids emancipate or take custody of a sibling because of such parental failure. 

Good on you for taking the 4 AM shift. It gives you a time when everything is still and quiet and just you two. A special time to bond. 

So, yes, an inspiration to that gentleman because you aren't ignoring parenting or just phoning it in, but participating when many don't or can't.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I smoked pot age 16-18 then never again for 21 years.
    Started  again 9 months or so ago. Stopped a month ago.
    Started again 3 days ago. 
    Its not good but better than alcohol at the moment  nothing is not going to happen. 
    Yeah the guided breathing  i have tried . Its nice enough. And the mindfulness body scan
     Can ground a person sometimes. 
    Keep trying  thats  all i will do until i crash again which is a daily affair.
    Whatever underlaying  thing  im dealing with i cannot fix with any amount of talking or breathing  so i make an hourly choice as to what i do.
    Far from a good place . I am going down  another bad path but i by now can't  change it.
    Wait a minute. You just said, in sum, whatever I have I cannot fix with talking and breathing, so hourly I make choices about what I do. That's the fix. Making choices. Not just about what we do, but what we think.

I read once, don't know where: Thoughts are not facts. We choose which thoughts to believe, and eventually, when we reject the false ones enough times, we stop having them to begin with. I do believe the cognitive therapy was a life saver in that regard for me. 
  • Options
    It was ì who said those words to matts. 
    Thoughts are not facts. 
    Its not my thoughts that  are my problem. But im doing what i can to keep going. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

Just checking in on everyone and hope everyone is feeling ok right now.

Nothing much on my end , since I went back to old meds everything seems to have evened out for me , keeping up with the gym ( I spend 65 mins there , I do 10 mins of fast pace ( 4mph ) , then 10 mins run ( 7mph ) until I hit 60 mins and then just do a quick 5 min cool down.

Sometimes when I don't see post on here I get worried that someone is keeping things in or feels like they are just going to say they same thing.

Please check in if you feel like it. All the love to everyone.

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,908
    Glad to hear that things are on an even keel for you matts.  I, too, hope that everyone is coping okay.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

Nothing much on my end , since I went back to old meds everything seems to have evened out for me , keeping up with the gym ( I spend 65 mins there , I do 10 mins of fast pace ( 4mph ) , then 10 mins run ( 7mph ) until I hit 60 mins and then just do a quick 5 min cool down.

Sometimes when I don't see post on here I get worried that someone is keeping things in or feels like they are just going to say they same thing.

You are correct matt. Ive gone down hill and just keeping  myself to myself because there is nothing else to say. Im still not drinking  but im smoking too much and am getting lost and very fat.
    You are inspirational  to me Matt keep posting your  achievements it's great.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

You are correct matt. Ive gone down hill and just keeping  myself to myself because there is nothing else to say. Im still not drinking  but im smoking too much and am getting lost and very fat.

If that helps you I will post more. Sorry to hear , super proud of you not drinking , I always think it shows signs of progress if you are admitting you are smoking too much ( rather than blaming on something else ) , I would say that most people when they stop drinking or stop smoking ect that you will put on weight.

Try small things , like start real small ( 5 min walk ) , just up it from there ( 10 min walk ).

I don't want anyone to think that my working out happened overnight , it was two years or just starting to walk and then walk more and more and more and after a year start to jog. All of it was hard even when I go now , 9 out of 10 times I want to stop running after 15 mins of being at the gym , I just realized that no matter how bad I want to quit that the next day I will feel better for doing it. I even have different playlist one is called " I don't want to fucking do this today "

Keep posting  , always feel free to reach out via DM , I am thinking of you.

• Options
    Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

If that helps you I will post more. Sorry to hear , super proud of you not drinking , I always think it shows signs of progress if you are admitting you are smoking too much ( rather than blaming on something else ) , I would say that most people when they stop drinking or stop smoking ect that you will put on weight.

Try small things , like start real small ( 5 min walk ) , just up it from there ( 10 min walk ).

I don't want anyone to think that my working out happened overnight , it was two years or just starting to walk and then walk more and more and more and after a year start to jog. All of it was hard even when I go now , 9 out of 10 times I want to stop running after 15 mins of being at the gym , I just realized that no matter how bad I want to quit that the next day I will feel better for doing it. I even have different playlist one is called " I don't want to fucking do this today "

As i read this i am walking back from my weekly meeting . Its a thing  i promised  myself i would do. About 3 miles . Done it every friday. Its nice
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

As i read this i am walking back from my weekly meeting . Its a thing  i promised  myself i would do. About 3 miles . Done it every friday. Its nice

Just put a smile on my face.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Matts3221 said:
    Matts3221 said:

One step at a time, Rob. :hug:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Good going, Rob! Whatever brings you relief and peace. Keep reading, posting, and DOING for yourself. 

Matts, I couldn’t even make it around the block a year ago. Many literal and figurative strides since then :).

Goddamn “no pain, no gain” cliche of truth!