A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    And I can't get over people not liking me. Everytime I post something on Facebook I get no comments or likes. Plus the fact hardly anyone on Facebook wished me a happy birthday recently makes me think if I am very much disliked. 
    Do you have a hobby, favourite sports team etc?  Because facebook is a toxic place for some, this place is becoming toxic.  The reason I ask is that I belong to a forum of my favourite NFL team.  Trust me to find a place where you all have common interests and bans all political discussion.  The forums I visit are no-nonsense...well moderated and I'd say 99.9 % of posters are respectful.  They also have a real ignore feature that if you ignore them you will never ever see a post even if their post is quoted.  The ignore feature here is weak and too restrictive.

There are less toxic places.  Find one and you interact with people that have a common interest.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yeah I have a hobby or two. But I don't spend time on any hobbies because of a lack of motivation lately. I spend most of my days on social media. The only thing that breaks that up is university commitments. This semester I have only one subject so I have more time to spend on social media. It's an addiction for me. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • For me. I say  do not use any social  media its vile amd harmful to anyone like us. 
    Grow  food. Be with nature. Look within not outside
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    For me. I say  do not use any social  media its vile amd harmful to anyone like us. 
    Most posts I make do not get any comments or likes, I just feel like people ignore me.
    What's the point of being on there?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • No point 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I must be on the nose on Facebook.
    For me. I say  do not use any social  media its vile amd harmful to anyone like us. 
    Most posts I make do not get any comments or likes, I just feel like people ignore me.
    I really do not know what to tell you.  If facebook bothers you delete your account or give it a break.  I get where you're coming from.  The world is too political today.  I am so sick of politics and its toxicity I have to skip voting in our federal election October 21.  None of those clowns running deserve me wasting my time worrying about them and their nanny policies...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Maybe my political posts have rubbed people the wrong way
    Maybe my political posts have rubbed people the wrong way
    Just the closed-minded people.  You seem like a stand-up dude.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    stop giving a shit about likes and comments. it's false reinforcement. we're heading towards a culture where everyone is depressed or lacking confidence because they don't get enough likes/retweets/comments/etc. 

I finally deleted my facebook account a few months back, after being on it for 10 years. social media itself can be like an addiction, with real life addiction-like consequences. it's not a place for sensitive souls, let me tell you. even when you get "likes", it gives you the rush that makes you want to out perform that post next time, to be funnier, more insightful, etc. it's actually stressful for some. the best way to eliminate that stress is to eliminate social media. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

stop giving a shit about likes and comments. it's false reinforcement. we're heading towards a culture where everyone is depressed or lacking confidence because they don't get enough likes/retweets/comments/etc. 

I finally deleted my facebook account a few months back, after being on it for 10 years. social media itself can be like an addiction, with real life addiction-like consequences. it's not a place for sensitive souls, let me tell you. even when you get "likes", it gives you the rush that makes you want to out perform that post next time, to be funnier, more insightful, etc. it's actually stressful for some. the best way to eliminate that stress is to eliminate social media. 
    That's true and that's one thing.
    But I don't get how people didn't know its my birthday. I always get notifications when it's someone's birthday. People I expected to wish me a happy birthday didn't and it stings

But I don't get how people didn't know its my birthday. I always get notifications when it's someone's birthday. People I expected to wish me a happy birthday didn't and it stings
    not everyone is on FB every day. I find that a lot of people have switched to instagram or twitter, or one of the younger ones, or left facebook altogether, because of what facebook has turned into. I hated all the "suggested posts", the ads I had to scroll past, I honestly wasted more time looking at stuff I didn't want to than stuff I did. Part of the reason I deleted it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

can I suggest you lower your expectations? it leaves room for being surprised when low expectations are exceeded.

curious though, what are your expectations based on? what you yourself would do?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I wish all those dear to me a happy birthday. Every single time.
    My expectations are based on me treating people how I wish to be treated.
    I am ultra-sensitive. I learned a long time ago that I cannot expect the same from people that I do for them. Especially being a guy, I can't expect the majority of my guy friends to remember the same shit I do, to understand how certain things make me feel, etc. I have always gravitated towards females in the friend department, and that's the reason why. they get me more than other guys do. 

my best male friend hasn't wished me happy birthday in years. he hasn't asked me about my kids. he has occasionally asked me about my wife. never about my parents. stuff like that. it's just not on his radar. 

when I ask a guy friend how his kids are, for example, most of them look at me like a confused dog. "why do you give a shit?" is the look I get. because I'm not grunting and asking him about his latest car project. I'm more interested in the human aspects of life, whereas most of them are not. Which is why the guy friends I do gravitate to, they tend to be musicians and artists. I know this sounds all very generalized and stereotypical, but it honestly is how people in my life generally behave. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    thats great you do that. my experience is, its a surefire way to disappointment at a minimum to expect the same from others. hope for it sure, but expect it? doesnt work out as often as it could.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I am ultra-sensitive. I learned a long time ago that I cannot expect the same from people that I do for them. Especially being a guy, I can't expect the majority of my guy friends to remember the same shit I do, to understand how certain things make me feel, etc. I have always gravitated towards females in the friend department, and that's the reason why. they get me more than other guys do. 

my best male friend hasn't wished me happy birthday in years. he hasn't asked me about my kids. he has occasionally asked me about my wife. never about my parents. stuff like that. it's just not on his radar. 

when I ask a guy friend how his kids are, for example, most of them look at me like a confused dog. "why do you give a shit?" is the look I get. because I'm not grunting and asking him about his latest car project. I'm more interested in the human aspects of life, whereas most of them are not. Which is why the guy friends I do gravitate to, they tend to be musicians and artists. I know this sounds all very generalized and stereotypical, but it honestly is how people in my life generally behave. 
    Yeah I prefer the same types of friends. I am not a stereotypical guy. I rather hang out with artistic sensitive males and females.
    My best friend always texts me happy birthday rather than doing it over Facebook which means a lot. I guess I should be grateful for that. I just wish others I am friends with would.
    mickeyrat said:
    thats great you do that. my experience is, its a surefire way to disappointment at a minimum to expect the same from others. hope for it sure, but expect it? doesnt work out as often as it could.
    That makes me sad too. I try not to but still hope for it.
    I have booked an appointment with a GP for this afternoon for an ear complaint. Not sure if I should say I want to go off my medication. I feel it does nothing at all. It's stopped working. Waste of money. Been on medication for 5 yrs approx now.
    I have booked an appointment with a GP for this afternoon for an ear complaint. Not sure if I should say I want to go off my medication. I feel it does nothing at all. It's stopped working. Waste of money. Been on medication for 5 yrs approx now.
    don't go off of it without your GP knowing. it was the worst mistake i ever made! if it isn't working, then fine, but talk about other options with him/her. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Once you hit 40 you will not even care about your own birthday.  But seriously who gives a shit if people wish you a happy birthday.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    don't go off of it without your GP knowing. it was the worst mistake i ever made! if it isn't working, then fine, but talk about other options with him/her. 
    Nah I wouldn't do that. You're meant to manage the tapering off with your GP's guidance to avoid side effects.
    If it were working I wouldn't have this intense self-loathing and feelings of not being loved by anyone.
    But given that I am still at university and unemployed would it be bad to go off? These are two big stressors. 
    Once you hit 40 you will not even care about your own birthday.  But seriously who gives a shit if people wish you a happy birthday.
    I hope I stop caring one day.
    Nah I wouldn't do that. You're meant to manage the tapering off with your GP's guidance to avoid side effects.
    If it were working I wouldn't have this intense self-loathing and feelings of not being loved by anyone.
    But given that I am still at university and unemployed would it be bad to go off? These are two big stressors. 
    it depends if the meds are actually working, or if you require something different and/or some therapy to go with it. i'm no shrink, but it seems to me that a lot of your issues stem from things that have happened to you over the course of your life. for me, it wasn't that at all. just one day i started crying at random times when i didn't even think i was sad. i was at work and all of a sudden just burst into tears. i was literally dumbfounded as to why. i thought i felt fine. just fucking bawling. so i went to the doc. and that was 20 years ago. many bumps in the road (again, biggest mistake was going off the meds-that made my life hell for 2 years). 

i don't know if the self-loathing is depression or some type of deep seeded issue from years of emotional abuse on behalf of your mother. anyone who grows up in that type of environment is bound to have issues resulting from it. 

again, i'm not trying to claim i know anything or think i can diagnose anybody. just my opinion on things i've seen you post. you are in this never ending spiral of hating yourself and the world around you. and to be completely honest, you don't seem all that open to helping yourself. you ask for it, then dismiss the answer. i strongly suggest you see a professional and look into your past and how it affects your present. 

feel free to pm me if you want to take this off the boards. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Thanks dude.
    I am confused with whether or not they are working. Like, would I be worse without them? 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Thanks dude.
    I am confused with whether or not they are working. Like, would I be worse without them? 
    That's a question you need to ask your doctor.  NEVER stop taking medication suddenly,  you can go  through withdrawal & possibly endanger your life.  Not a decision to make on your own or here.  Please see your doctor about any medication issues. 
    he did already confirm he doesn't plan to quit the meds without his doc's advice, so we're all good there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Thanks dude.
    do you recall being worse or the same prior to taking the meds? are you on a low, dose, medium, or high?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    he did already confirm he doesn't plan to quit the meds without his doc's advice, so we're all good there. 
    I wasn't sure even after reading the new posts so I got nervous.  Been there, done that. Thank you. 
    njnancy said:
    I wasn't sure even after reading the new posts so I got nervous.  Been there, done that. Thank you. 
    thanks for your concern. One day recently I forgot to take my medication. I take them first thing in the morning. It was evening and I noticed they were still in my pocket as I take them in secret so my parents don't see. I totally freaked out. I didn't feel off that day, maybe a bit tired.