Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    So sorry for your pain brother... sending peace and love to you...wishing better days for you...keep writing  and let it all out...
    Couldn’t have said it better myself.  Sending love and light across the ocean to you @lastexitlondon
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Hugs Rob
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited November 2019
    Im going fucking insane i cant even  begin to explain. I write here not for an answer but because i need to just let it out.
    I see suicide everywhere atm. Even a dear friend tried it the other  week. 
    I live in hell . My sleep is torture.  I want peace so badly.
    Hang in there. :hug:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I cant see hope its soul destroying.  In the end i need bravery which i dont have.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I cant see hope its soul destroying.  In the end i need bravery which i dont have.
    I beg to differ. Bravery is about showing up, and that is what you are doing. It is not about not having doubts or fears; it is about feeling the fear and doing it, anyways. And as far as I can tell, that is what you are doing. Keep posting here. You have a lot of people here who support you. 
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:
    I beg to differ. Bravery is about showing up, and that is what you are doing. It is not about not having doubts or fears; it is about feeling the fear and doing it, anyways. And as far as I can tell, that is what you are doing. Keep posting here. You have a lot of people here who support you. 
    ^^ :plus_one:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    I used to think I didn't have the "guts" to end it. I realized over time that what actually takes guts is to keep going. Especially when the end of the tunnel is not in sight (which, in my former and your current situation, is almost always the case). 

we can all get to the end of the tunnel, but you won't if you don't keep moving through it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ive come to a and e . Ive had heart symptoms  for a couple  days. Waiting 3hrs so far. Had ecg and blood test waiting for dr.
    The courage it took to come even though im in pain was huge. But i really want to ask about my confusion but probably us not relavant to them.
    I fuckin hate my life so much. 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,911
    Rob, I hope all goes well.  It’s a huge step you’ve taken.  Tell them about your confusion.  You never know, it might be relevant.  Sending you ((((hugs)))).
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Rob, I hope all goes well.  It’s a huge step you’ve taken.  Tell them about your confusion.  You never know, it might be relevant.  Sending you ((((hugs)))).
    Agreed. I hope you get some relief soon.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Ive come to a and e . Ive had heart symptoms  for a couple  days. Waiting 3hrs so far. Had ecg and blood test waiting for dr.
    The courage it took to come even though im in pain was huge. But i really want to ask about my confusion but probably us not relavant to them.
    I fuckin hate my life so much. 

Checking in on you. Giving you some positive energy and love. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    As difficult as I'm sure this was to even do, I'm happy for you taking this step.

May it be the first of many that brings you to a better and more serene state of mind (and body).
  • Options
    I got my heart  checked out they  say its ok. Also saw the mental health team they  will see me in 2 weeks time. Also the  drug and alcohol team.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I got my heart  checked out they  say its ok. Also saw the mental health team they  will see me in 2 weeks time. Also the  drug and alcohol team.
    Rob that’s good!! And you’re telling us you’re not brave? You confronted this and went to the doctors, good on you! We all believe in you. :hug:
  • Options
    God as if things cant get worse. I have a vomit phobia since years
     Now my partners son is at our small flat . Now he is throwing up and shitting.  I cannot live like this. My head has gone. My baby is just recovering from scarlett fever  and i just know how weak she is. I actually want to scream and fight
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    It was a comment I left about Greta Van Fleet on a music page.
    I don't know the guy, he's from another city.
    It happens all the time which is why it gets to me. Probably why I'm still single and have never had a girlfriend. I genuinely do not like the way I look and people on Facebook have made it clear there is something not right with my appearance. 
    I deactivated my old account because of this and started with a new account. Same thing again.

Thoughts Arrived , please don't take this the wrong way but you are placing yourself out there for failing. I understand all too well depression / anxiety / self loathing ect. I went from the ages of 15-30 without really getting much help or very little , with some more self caring about myself from 30-35 , really worked on myself from 35-40 and can say that with a times this year 40 has been the healthiest year I have had mentality.

Cleary you have ( if I am wrong please let me know ) low self esteem , you don't seem to think much of yourself and read very much into what someone says or does not say to you. So putting yourself out online with open comments is just asking to get comments made about you. For the most part any comment section on an internet board is going to be filled with hate and making fun of others.

I would ask , what do you care what this person you have never met thought about you? I think I have said before but you should really set a goal for 2020 that you will just care for yourself , don't worry about dating , don't worry what others will think of you any of that. Just focus on loving yourself , finding what brings you happiness ( not what others think will make you happy ) and just live a year without worrying about those things. Hopeful combining that with therapy will make you feel more comfortable in your skin and these little things will not pull you over the edge. I really think that is a much deeper matter for you than the one off comments , I just think those are the last straw for you and you take it so hard.

I wish you all the best , happy to chat with you about technicians you could use ( mindfulness is very helpful ) , snowed all day and night here yesterday , around 4pm I was ready to just take a nap but I knew that would sleep till 8pm and then just go back to bed at 10pm. I pulled myself out of bed and went to the gym and just jogged for an hour. I know this is easier said than done and I give myself a pat on the back for how far I have come , just a year ago I would have taken the nap.

Be well , take care of yourself and get off social media :)

• Options
    Amen, Matts.  And good on you!

Rob, how are things in your world?  Have the illnesses eased up a bit?  Any tiny respite for yourself?
  • Options
    Hedo the truth is i hid.  I was nasty to everyone. And ive gotten stoned and drunk. And keep  doing it. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Im so grateful you care here. I really have gotten to the lowest low.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Can you try one day without the substances?

Believe me, I understand the need to hide; it's necessary at times, though living in hiding ultimately isn't living.  Living includes those times you soooo want to hide, but don't (see Matts' post above).  And eventually, you need to emerge...for your own sake.

You can have spates of shitty moments as you navigate yourself toward peace.

To horribly paraphrase a line from Heaven and Earth, "The road to nirvana is tricky and steep, but if you only walk on sunny days, you'll never reach your destination."
  • Options
    I do have some days but not many free of substance. But to be honest i know its pointless  now. My brain is fucked and this memory  and confusion  is murder so the moments  when wasted give me a moment of not caring 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Matts3221 said:
    It was a comment I left about Greta Van Fleet on a music page.
    I don't know the guy, he's from another city.
    It happens all the time which is why it gets to me. Probably why I'm still single and have never had a girlfriend. I genuinely do not like the way I look and people on Facebook have made it clear there is something not right with my appearance. 
    I deactivated my old account because of this and started with a new account. Same thing again.

Thoughts Arrived , please don't take this the wrong way but you are placing yourself out there for failing. I understand all too well depression / anxiety / self loathing ect. I went from the ages of 15-30 without really getting much help or very little , with some more self caring about myself from 30-35 , really worked on myself from 35-40 and can say that with a times this year 40 has been the healthiest year I have had mentality.

Cleary you have ( if I am wrong please let me know ) low self esteem , you don't seem to think much of yourself and read very much into what someone says or does not say to you. So putting yourself out online with open comments is just asking to get comments made about you. For the most part any comment section on an internet board is going to be filled with hate and making fun of others.

I would ask , what do you care what this person you have never met thought about you? I think I have said before but you should really set a goal for 2020 that you will just care for yourself , don't worry about dating , don't worry what others will think of you any of that. Just focus on loving yourself , finding what brings you happiness ( not what others think will make you happy ) and just live a year without worrying about those things. Hopeful combining that with therapy will make you feel more comfortable in your skin and these little things will not pull you over the edge. I really think that is a much deeper matter for you than the one off comments , I just think those are the last straw for you and you take it so hard.

I wish you all the best , happy to chat with you about technicians you could use ( mindfulness is very helpful ) , snowed all day and night here yesterday , around 4pm I was ready to just take a nap but I knew that would sleep till 8pm and then just go back to bed at 10pm. I pulled myself out of bed and went to the gym and just jogged for an hour. I know this is easier said than done and I give myself a pat on the back for how far I have come , just a year ago I would have taken the nap.

Be well , take care of yourself and get off social media :)

Thank you for your reply.
    I haven't taken it the wrong way.
    I don't know why but I just care. I haven't stopped thinking about it since.
    I hate how everyone stares at me when I go out to do grocery shopping at the local shopping plaza. 
    I feel like a freak. I genuinely feel like I am ugly which is why people make fun of me and stare.
    Well done for pushing yourself to go to the gym and for improving yourself.

Right now I just feel like I cannot do anything right.
    A job I applied for in October seems to have not eventuated. Have not heard from the place I applied.
    And all those jobs I had to apply for in order to receive my unemployment welfare payments I have heard nothing back.
    I started art classes and feel like I am not good enough. Tonight is my third class and I'm thinking is there a point to spending my money.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,764
    meme as found on adbook...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yeah I've seen that before. It still hurts.

• Options
    So true mickey.
    M. You must listen to us and not these clowns on fb. Its toxic. Its not real.
    We are real. You look like every other  man your age. Who are you judging yourself against? 
    Here is an experiment.  I will post a picture of me and see what you all see. I bet no matter what i think of myself nobody here  will say a bad word.why? Because 1. Nobody here is a clown off of an anti social media site.
    2. I am just a man like you.
    3. We are all insecure with no need.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Im the  guy on the right. ;)
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Keep using your  heart for good . Never change that. Keep being caring and good. Stop searching so hard and be. Just be you.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Im the  guy on the right. ;)
    :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Hahaha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07