Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Do you think you might be able to go alcohol and cannabis free for a few days to see if it improves your symptoms of confusion and memory problems?
    Were you drinking and using cannabis 2.5 years ago?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I was drinking  not cannabis i hadn't  used that since i was a kid like 25 years ago. 
    I went 6 weeks once sober and no difference at all
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    My plan is to try anti depressents again  sober. If i make it to January. 
    I have help with substance and mental help planned and i dont know if i will make it or succeed  but  its my last try . Like i say if i last till then.  This time of year and my frame of mind no way i can stop now.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I had my appointment with my psychologist today. He asked me to put myself out there and go to as many events as possible in the next month. Alone or with someone. Main thing is I spend as little time at home as possible, to overcompensate with social activities.
    He wants me to take risks meeting people.
    And then he wants to see if that makes me feel better.

I saw my GP today too and unbeknownst to me, the psychiatrist I saw 2 weeks ago recommended an anti-anxiety drug as she observed that I was very anxious. I told my GP I don't want to take it. I don't feel I need it. I am always very anxious in appointments.

Anyways, I decided to go to my favourite cafe alone for coffee and lunch after my appointment. My psychologist wants me to not focus on being alone at places I go to, to not link it back to me.

So, I need to find places/events to go to in the next month. Gosh I wish I had more friends. My few friends are so busy that I cannot just call them and catch up at short notice. Not easy when people are busy with work, relationships, kids.

I think this is a huge step and could prove very fruitful for you. Of course going out on your own can feel really strange and if you are not use to it makes it feel like a risk.
    With that said I think it is great you went out to get some food by yourself , don't focus on friends whom are busy , as I get older you realize everyone is always busy and has stuff going on.
    Also great on you for getting in that exercise this past weekend , hope it helped I know it can be tough and can feel like a lost cause when you are doing it , I feel the real benefits comes the following day when you wake up.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,796
    Yes i drink. Im not on meds. I started using cannabis about 6 months ago . Ive had these symptoms 2.5 years i feel its worse now. But i need to try escape the horrible confusion. Nothing  stops it only i care less when fucked up
    you recently told me you follow drs orders with meds. like last week.  I seem to recallbyou ssying they prescribed valium and it made you sleep alot the first few days and you stopped.

so which is it?

what do you have to lose by following drs orders to the letter? seriously. if, as you believe, this thing only you can sense or "know" about your brain is getting worse in your opinion, what do you have to lose?

only thing I see is being proven wrong.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    No the valium is to be taken occasionally and thats how i use it. Rarely.  The dr hasnt prescribed  anything  anymore.As ive had so many ssri meds.  But i asked if i could try again so that is the plan. And although  ive had no results i will try them  again. I have had long periods on them and its not changed it at all. Thats all im saying
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    No the valium is to be taken occasionally and thats how i use it. Rarely.  The dr hasnt prescribed  anything  anymore.As ive had so many ssri meds.  But i asked if i could try again so that is the plan. And although  ive had no results i will try them  again. I have had long periods on them and its not changed it at all. Thats all im saying
    stop drinking at least on them. essentially renders them ineffective to their intended purpose.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    if they want to treat you for anxiety, let them. because again, what do you have to lose?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    I have an appointment  in jan to get help and i hope i can.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    if they want to treat you for anxiety, let them. because again, what do you have to lose?
    The  problem is ive had all the treatment for anxiety many times over.  Still i will  try it again. It was my idea  not the dr.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I think  there is a misunderstanding.  They dont  want to treat me at all. 
    I went and asked because  i cant take anymore 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Further to what Mickey said, your not meant to mix ssri's and alcohol. I'm allowed to have one drink per week if I want.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:
    I had my appointment with my psychologist today. He asked me to put myself out there and go to as many events as possible in the next month. Alone or with someone. Main thing is I spend as little time at home as possible, to overcompensate with social activities.

I saw my GP today too and unbeknownst to me, the psychiatrist I saw 2 weeks ago recommended an anti-anxiety drug as she observed that I was very anxious. I told my GP I don't want to take it. I don't feel I need it. I am always very anxious in appointments.

Anyways, I decided to go to my favourite cafe alone for coffee and lunch after my appointment. My psychologist wants me to not focus on being alone at places I go to, to not link it back to me.

So, I need to find places/events to go to in the next month. Gosh I wish I had more friends. My few friends are so busy that I cannot just call them and catch up at short notice. Not easy when people are busy with work, relationships, kids.

I think this is a huge step and could prove very fruitful for you. Of course going out on your own can feel really strange and if you are not use to it makes it feel like a risk.
    With that said I think it is great you went out to get some food by yourself , don't focus on friends whom are busy , as I get older you realize everyone is always busy and has stuff going on.
    Also great on you for getting in that exercise this past weekend , hope it helped I know it can be tough and can feel like a lost cause when you are doing it , I feel the real benefits comes the following day when you wake up.

Thanks Matts.
    I woke up today thinking what the hell to do in the next month. No idea other than catch up with 4 friends, see the new Star Wars film, and attend a Christmas party my art teacher is hosting. Not sure what else is on in my city.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Matts3221 said:

Thanks Matts.
    I woke up today thinking what the hell to do in the next month. No idea other than catch up with 4 friends, see the new Star Wars film, and attend a Christmas party my art teacher is hosting. Not sure what else is on in my city.
    It is encouraging you have things to look forward to. Consider the possibility of volunteering for an organization to help those in need. Giving back may help to boost your self esteem. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestion
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Please, for your sake, just DO IT already.  Volunteering has been suggested by many of us over the years as a way for you to step outside of yourself, to do something positive, to maybe interact...nothing to lose, so much to gain.

(and it might help boost your confidence in the process)

Rob, my best thoughts to you.
  • Options
    T_A, 

I was (still am, hits me in waves) mourning the loss of a very close friend. Without sharing details, I apologized and have been ghosted. Instead of continuing to give huge energy to the hurt, I started a new volunteer opportunity. Every two weeks, I step outside of myself and my grief to help those who really need it. It has helped in an enormous way. 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    T_A, 

I was (still am, hits me in waves) mourning the loss of a very close friend. Without sharing details, I apologized and have been ghosted. Instead of continuing to give huge energy to the hurt, I started a new volunteer opportunity. Every two weeks, I step outside of myself and my grief to help those who really need it. It has helped in an enormous way. 
    So sorry to hear. That must really hurt. I cannot imagine how I'd cope if I lost my best friend. I feared that might happen a couple of years ago when Iost my cool at him. The hard part is putting myself out there to volunteer. I'm glad to hear it has helped you.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Come on! You‘ve had the same idea ages ago... Just do it! Research the options and decide on one. Don’t find an excuse, try it!
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Hello everybody. Been checking in but not really posting. Got stuff to deal with but sending healing thoughts and energy to everyone.  Glad you're trying to get some help Rob. You're a kind person who we all want to see be happy and healthy!! Keep fighting for yourself...you are worth it!  And you as well TA. You need to get Mom out of your head and realize she has a problem...not you. And what everyone else said...get out off there and do something good. If alot of people is something you're not ready for maybe there's animal opportunities you could try. Comforting animals who will never say a mean word to you feels so peaceful. Plus I think most people who really care about animals are overall kinder nicer people. Hang in there everyone.
  • Options
    Thank you camsjam
  • Options
    Thank  you cam.  
    Another bad night . 

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Left my art class tonight feeling better. Always good to be around like minded people.
  • Options

Lastexit

I really am pulling for you even though I don't know you. I thin that you come on and post is a good thing. Some people just slip away not talking to anyone. As much as you feel hopeless posting shows you still care.

Thoughts

Also doing some sort of volunteering is huge. To go to a soup kitchen can sometimes make you realize that others are struggling so hard and to give them a helping hand and see their thankfulness can put things in perspective for you. Not that your pain should be minimized at all ( we all have the right to feel hurt of sad ) but it just opens your eyes to certain things going on.

For me I have to say the gym has been huge ( all I do is jog on the treadmill ) for anyone feeing nervous about a gym I can tell you my fears are all gone , no one is looking at you or judging you they are there to just work on themselves. Being going 3-4 times a week for the past three weeks for about 45-60 mins at a time. May not work for everyone but I highly suggest it. That said I have been suggesting it to myself for 10 years and finally joined a month ago.

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    Thinking of everyone here.  Sending out warm thoughts.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Thank you S and Matts.
    I used to have bad anxiety the first time I went to a gym. I thought everyone was looking at and judging me.
  • Options
    TA, most people don't give a fuck; they're too concerned with themselves.

Hell, when I go for physical therapy, my mindset is of the don't-give-a-fuck variety.  We're all there for something, for improvement of some sort.  All struggling, all in pain, all persevering and even triumphing.  Who gives a shit if it gets awkward?

LIFE is awkward.  We all are.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    hedonist said:

Hell, when I go for physical therapy, my mindset is of the don't-give-a-fuck variety.  We're all there for something, for improvement of some sort.  All struggling, all in pain, all persevering and even triumphing.  Who gives a shit if it gets awkward?

+1

You wanna see awkward? You should see me dance. :fearful::rofl:
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

+1

You wanna see awkward? You should see me dance. :fearful::rofl:
    One of these days, Elaine. I’ll be doing “the kick” right there with you =)
  • Options
    Depends on the gym I guess.
    Some are full of meatheads that like to stare and think everyone is their competition.