A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    how was the show for you, dude? did you make it through?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I made it. Got wasted so im ashamed but that day went by ok. No its the hard work. Again and again i try
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Glad you had a great time.  Yes, anxiety is hard work and at the height of anxiety, it can also be physically tiring.  One day at a time...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I made it. Got wasted so im ashamed but that day went by ok. No its the hard work. Again and again i try
    I’m so happy for you!!!, You made it !!!!
    edited July 2019
    No the hard work. 
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited July 2019
    ashamed of what? seriously. If you are in fact an alcoholic, you simply did what an alcoholic does. theres no shame in that.

now, if the above is true or not, what from this experience can you learn and  use going forward  to benefit yourself and others?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I had some positive  news. Dr. Re examined  me and said he now thinks what he feels is a tendon  as now after a very ....well... deep inspection found both sides the same. So is sure tendons. And it does not explain my symptoms but it does eliminate one risk. That what he referred  me for was not what he thought  after further  examinations.
    I will still have the procedure because symptoms  need  explaining but its a big lift
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

mickeyrat said:
    ashamed of what? seriously. If you are in fact an alcoholic, you simply did what an alcoholic does. theres no shame in that.

now, if the above is true or not, what from this experience can you learn and  use going forward  to benefit yourself and others?
    I really dont know. 
    Live for today?
    Don't  give in if you have a breath in you.
    Live your dream.
    Just be.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I had some positive  news. Dr. Re examined  me and said he now thinks what he feels is a tendon  as now after a very ....well... deep inspection found both sides the same. So is sure tendons. And it does not explain my symptoms but it does eliminate one risk. That what he referred  me for was not what he thought  after further  examinations.
    I will still have the procedure because symptoms  need  explaining but its a big lift
    awesome news
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    You must feel so relieved. I'm very happy that it went well. 
    I actually  do and i have had kind of an epiphany.  I listened to you all here. And i have realised more the meaning of my life and what it is i am here for. 
    You all and many others  say focus on your children and i always say yeah  i do. 
    But  now yes  i do. I want to share  a picture 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

happiness  is only real when shared. This is my  youngest  amd 2nd youngest. All my kids love me and eachother. I can truly be proud and they are of me. Its where im starting again from.
    Loud love rob. 
    Thanks  so far.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I am here to be a father. And  a love filled ,Open, honest  tearful  one.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    That is a precious gift to give! My Dad was open, loving and supportive. I wasn't a perfect child but he always was loving honest and forgiving. He was curious and open about all people and had the kindest heart. I try to follow the example he showed me. Your children look loved and happy so you're doing a great thing for them and yourself. Keep the faith and best wishes on future tests. You got this!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    The biggest trigger to my anxiety is loud, sharp noises including guns, fireworks and firecrackers, dogs barking, boom cars, motorcycles, and cars backfiring.  This makes it almost impossible for me to find a place to live where I'm not in constant danger of having an anxiety attack.  That's happening this morning because I live outside of city limits where it is legal to shoot.  I'm not suicidal- mainly because I failed at that the first time and could never do that to my family again- never ever- but sometimes the only solace I can find is the knowledge that someday I will die. Pathetic, huh?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Oh bri thats awful. 
    Have you addressed  to origins of this.
    Because these  specific phobia/fears are from an event  normally and as soon as you can find that  that  is no longer a risk to you ive seen them fade. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Oh bri thats awful. 
    Because these  specific phobia/fears are from an event  normally and as soon as you can find that  that  is no longer a risk to you ive seen them fade. 
    Thanks for kind words, Rob.

Yes, this all started in September, 1993.  I was substitute teaching a high school science class and had given permission to an advanced student to perform a demonstration involving separating the hydrogen and oxygen molecules in water to become not steam, but the actual component gases.  That was interesting but then as an added bonus, he ignited the gasses.  This was supposed to make them pop but he had a greater volume of gas than anticipated and it blew up very loudly.  I was helping hold apparatus and it blew not far from my head causing nerve damage to my hearing.  So now I have hyperacusis and super loud tinnitus.  Fortunately, I was the only one injured.

I've tried every kind of therapy.  I even took classes in a college counseling training program and later became the program assistant.  I can teach people good counseling techniques and skills but don't seem to do so well applying them to myself.  Thus the adage:  "Some people teach, other do", lol.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    Oh bri thats awful. 

Yes, this all started in September, 1993.  I was substitute teaching a high school science class and had given permission to an advanced student to perform a demonstration involving separating the hydrogen and oxygen molecules in water to become not steam, but the actual component gases.  That was interesting but then as an added bonus, he ignited the gasses.  This was supposed to make them pop but he had a greater volume of gas than anticipated and it blew up very loudly.  I was helping hold apparatus and it blew not far from my head causing nerve damage to my hearing.  So now I have hyperacusis and super loud tinnitus.  Fortunately, I was the only one injured.

I've tried every kind of therapy.  I even took classes in a college counseling training program and later became the program assistant.  I can teach people good counseling techniques and skills but don't seem to do so well applying them to myself.  Thus the adage:  "Some people teach, other do", lol.
    Hey i think i could teach it all but doing it . Why is it so difficult. I just can't  know that.  The billion dollar question
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

brianlux said:
    Oh bri thats awful. 

Hey i think i could teach it all but doing it . Why is it so difficult. I just can't  know that.  The billion dollar question
    It is indeed, Rob!

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I actually went out and made my follow up mammogram appointment yesterday. It was at 8am so I hardly slept all night, but once I got my freaked out self there, I was okay (after they told me that all was okay, phew). 

Small steps. I was going to go food shopping today, keep up the leaving the house, but I have had a horrible migraine all day. 

Tomorrow I'm going out though, I got to beat this agoraphobia - I can't get to see a psychiatrist even if I'm stuck in the house. Plus I missed two concerts I was looking really forward to for months and I don't want to live like that anymore. 

So yay for leaving the house and yay for a clean bill of heath - being called back was terrifying. Unfortunately, I can get terrified for no obvious reason. I woke up this morning in full panic attack - no idea why, probably had one of those dreams. I made it through the day okay except for this damn migraine. I better not wake up with it tomorrow - I have SO much stuff I am overdue on. 

Good  luck to both of you Brian and Rob! There's no cure, but we can learn to live with it. And we will!
    Wow  massive steps nancy. We are right with you. Big hug
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Rob, your children are adorable.  I’m glad that they can be a port of  positivity for you.  Live each day to the best of your ability.

Brian, that accident sounds horrible.  I’m glad you’re still here sharing your light with us.  Just out of curiosity have ever tried keeping earphones in playing music softly, serving as a sort of barrier to sharp, sudden noises.  I know it’s not practical a lot of the time and could end up being a bit isolating,  And now, the more I think on it and imagine the practicalities, well, it’s an idea.  Not saying a great idea, but an idea nonetheless.  And off to bed I go.

hugs to all
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Rob, glad to hear the procedure went well.
    Keep fighting!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Keep fighting!
    Ive not had it yet. 16th. But got better hope as to what dr said
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Keep fighting!
    Ive not had it yet. 16th. But got better hope as to what dr said
    Sorry I meant to say the appointment with your doctor.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Great news so far just out of the hospital.  All ok. They  take biopsies as a routine . But the lady discharged  me back to dr.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Great news so far just out of the hospital.  All ok. They  take biopsies as a routine . But the lady discharged  me back to dr.
    thats just fantastic and I expect a further relief from the last time you saw your Dr too....

Yes i am very relieved and ive decided i will be cutting down alcohol  amd cutting  out wine. Its my plan  to better myself. I know drink is so bad i want to change.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Yay!   =)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop