Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited November 2019
    Yeah I suppose.
    I've tried excercise and healthy eating for years but it's just gotten worse. It's genetic my GP said and to not blame myself.
    Just anxious about any side effects of the statin. Was told there is a very small chance of certain side effects.
    Take a CoQ10 supplement with the statin. It will help combat the side effects. My mom's cardiologist says the research is clear on this. 
    Thank you! Yeah I still feel aches and weakness when I do pushups. 

EDIT: I just Googled it and the results are mixed, I think your mom's cardiologist is wrong. https://www.nps.org.au/news/can-co-enzyme-q10-supplementation-prevent-or-treat-statin-associated-muscle-symptoms
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Yeah I suppose.
    I've tried excercise and healthy eating for years but it's just gotten worse. It's genetic my GP said and to not blame myself.
    Just anxious about any side effects of the statin. Was told there is a very small chance of certain side effects.
    Take a CoQ10 supplement with the statin. It will help combat the side effects. My mom's cardiologist says the research is clear on this. 

EDIT: I just Googled it and the results are mixed, I think your mom's cardiologist is wrong. https://www.nps.org.au/news/can-co-enzyme-q10-supplementation-prevent-or-treat-statin-associated-muscle-symptoms

Yeah I suppose.

There's been a more recent meta study. You decide for yourself what you want to try. Based on my mother's health outcomes -- reversed heart failure, reversed kidney disease, well-managed diabetes -- we're going to keep doing what we're doing. 

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/JAHA.118.009835

Conclusions

CoQ10 supplementation ameliorated statin‐associated muscle symptoms, implying that CoQ10 supplementation may be a complementary approach to  manage statin-induced myopathy. 

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited November 2019
    I take Crestor & I take CoQ10. They're like peanut butter & jelly. 

Hey everyone.  I'm not social at all but I came on today for football pool.

I can't explain how my illnesses affect me cause I don't want  to go through it as I'm going through it. I'll explain someday. 

Keep holding on - my brothers & sisters who suffer from all the manifestations of depression & anxiety. I have no advice as I'm I'm in a dark place. Im so tired.  It's exhausting,  even if I'm not doing anything. 

Thanks for support,  it means a lot.  

I love you guys & it's so nice to have a place where great people are so compassionate.  This is what keeps me coming back here. 

✌❤ & 🤘⚡🎶
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    I might check it out seeing that meta analysis says it is effective. But I'll run it through my GP first.
    The capsules are a bit pricey.
    Do you notice a difference @njnancy ?
    I take Crestor too, 5mg. I'll have a blood test next month to see if that dose is okay or if I need to go up.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I might check it out seeing that meta analysis says it is effective. But I'll run it through my GP first.
    I take Crestor too, 5mg. I'll have a blood test next month to see if that dose is okay or if I need to go up.
    I have genetic high bad cholesterol. Crestor has kept all the cholesterol levels normal for about 10 years. I take 20mg once a day.  I don't have any side effects. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,985
    edited November 2019
    My best friend has genetic  high  blood pressure and high cholesterol. I will pass this on.
    Nancy . Since ive been on these boards you are who so many have respect for. You have made so many people FEEL . I hope you can find some peace even for an hour. This life is killing me also. I also have no words except to say  thank you.  You  all deserve a break from this hell
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    I haven’t been around the last few days.  Sending hugs, good wishes and healing thoughts to all who are feeling down right now. You are all in my thoughts.  
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    I have genetic high bad cholesterol. Crestor has kept all the cholesterol levels normal for about 10 years. I take 20mg once a day.  I don't have any side effects. 
    Yeah same here. My GP said to stop trying to blame myself. I'm not overweight, I exercise, I eat low fat food and rarely eat take away/junk.
  • Options
    I haven’t been around the last few days.  Sending hugs, good wishes and healing thoughts to all who are feeling down right now. You are all in my thoughts.  
    Thank you, S.
  • Options
    I will never understand how some hearts are so big . Yet  others are heartless. Its amazing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ^  ^ exactly. Mine is too big for my own good. Probably why I have a cholesterol problem haha.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    njnancy said:

I can't explain how my illnesses affect me cause I don't want  to go through it as I'm going through it. I'll explain someday. 

Keep holding on - my brothers & sisters who suffer from all the manifestations of depression & anxiety. I have no advice as I'm I'm in a dark place. Im so tired.  It's exhausting,  even if I'm not doing anything. 

I love you guys & it's so nice to have a place where great people are so compassionate.  This is what keeps me coming back here. 

✌❤ & 🤘⚡🎶
    Nancy, it is great to see you here, if only for a moment. To you, and anyone else going through a dark time: May today be a better day.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

Made it too the Gym for the first time ever this past weekend , just did 45 mins of walking / jogging on a treadmill , I had to drag myself out to get it done , then I was afraid everyone would know I was never there before and did not know what I was doing.

Of course most of that negative voice was coming from inside my head , no one cared , no one looked at me , I just put ear buds in and listen to music , although tired yesterday I can feel the effects in a good way today.

Too early to tell if the med increase is working , since I can be an inside my house type person I also got a small list of something I could work on in my house each weekend ( Nothing huge but things that would may take 2 hours tops , cleaning out rooms , closets ect ) This was at least helpful.

Thinking of everyone on this thread and sending love and positive vibes to you all.

• Options
    A big well done Matts. That's a brave and huge, positive step. Going to a gym can be intimidating, I often felt everyone was looking at me.
    I wish you all the best. It seems you're doing the right things to get healthy.

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

Made it too the Gym for the first time ever this past weekend , just did 45 mins of walking / jogging on a treadmill , I had to drag myself out to get it done , then I was afraid everyone would know I was never there before and did not know what I was doing.

Of course most of that negative voice was coming from inside my head , no one cared , no one looked at me , I just put ear buds in and listen to music , although tired yesterday I can feel the effects in a good way today.

Too early to tell if the med increase is working , since I can be an inside my house type person I also got a small list of something I could work on in my house each weekend ( Nothing huge but things that would may take 2 hours tops , cleaning out rooms , closets ect ) This was at least helpful.

Thinking of everyone on this thread and sending love and positive vibes to you all.

Great  work  and plans most important. You are pro active. Great to hear. Keep going 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

Thoughts Arrived and Lastexit I hope you know I was actual thinking of you both this weekend as I was doing this , event though we don't know each other , I still thought of you both and felt that I had to take the bull by the horns or I would never get it done. Always feel free to DM , thank you both for the kind words.

It will get better , the sun will shine again , we can all do it as a group. Just glad their is a nice set of people to talk to about this mental issues we face.

• Options
    Matts3221 said:

Well done @Matts3221.  It can be so hard to ignore that negative voice inside your head.  The one that projects all of the nasty, mean, and hurtful things that we say to ourselves and to accomplish a task or a day/evening out.  You did well.  Day by day, one task/goal at a time.
  • Options
    Matts3221 said:

Thoughts Arrived and Lastexit I hope you know I was actual thinking of you both this weekend as I was doing this , event though we don't know each other , I still thought of you both and felt that I had to take the bull by the horns or I would never get it done. Always feel free to DM , thank you both for the kind words.

It will get better , the sun will shine again , we can all do it as a group. Just glad their is a nice set of people to talk to about this mental issues we face.

Thank you Matts. That is very kind of you.
    Feel free to DM me anytime too.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Matts3221 said:

I am so very happy for you!  njnancy said:

✌❤ & 🤘⚡🎶
    :hug: 

(Another genetically high cholesterol victim here.  I have taken Lipitor for 11 years.  I have two blood clotting disorders and the high cholesterol has to do with that.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I have had well-managed (mostly med free) anxiety my whole adult life -- until recently. In August, I started a new teaching job at a school that I did not know would be so dangerous. I knew going in the kids would have challenges because most of them, like 90%, are on free and reduced lunch and English Langiage Learners. But like my teacher neighbor, also new to this building (50% turnover rate here), I thought how bad can it be??  What I did not know is that there would be fights every day, weapons, assaulting teachers, cursing teachers, drugs in the bathroom, you name it. And then there's all the traumatic stories these kids have girls who have been raped, suicide attempts and cutting and abuse. It's like living through a Dangerous Minds movie, except I'm not Michelle Pfeiffer, and it's not going to be over in two hours with an inspiring ending. I wake up everyday miserable about having to go work to face the secondary abuse they project onto me in the classroom, and knowing I have to protect them from each other, as well as having to protect myself. Some days I'm in flight mode, some days I'm in fight mode (which never works out well). I fear something terrible is going to happen before the year is out. I leave work on most days with chest tightness or pain, I have a low-grade headache that never goes away, I'm worried I'm going to have a heart attack, but have not had my blood pressure checked, which I probably should. I started taking the Xanax more frequently but know it's not something I can do chronically because I don't want to turn into a junkie. For a while I was heavily self medicating with pot, but I know from experience that just masks my unhappiness and doesn't make the problem go away. I've been teaching for 26 years and have never experienced anything like this. I've always been able to manage the inherent job stress through rest, exercise, meditation, yoga, periodic check-ins with a therapist. But I can't get out of the catastrophic thinking mode and I am having a really hard time finding pleasure in other activities. I come home and just crawl into bed and hide which also is not sustainable. On the days I don't do that, I snap at my family and have a short fuse, which is also not right. I wish I could turn back time and undo this terrible career decision, and I'm paralyzed about how to get out. I don't have the financial option of just quitting. Feeling trapped is the worst part. 

I appreciate all of you and thank you for opening this space to everyone who needs to vent and cry and seek encouragement. I feel all of your pain and wish you well in your own struggles. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    I have had well-managed (mostly med free) anxiety my whole adult life -- until recently. In August, I started a new teaching job at a school that I did not know would be so dangerous. I knew going in the kids would have challenges because most of them, like 90%, are on free and reduced lunch and English Langiage Learners. But like my teacher neighbor, also new to this building (50% turnover rate here), I thought how bad can it be??  What I did not know is that there would be fights every day, weapons, assaulting teachers, cursing teachers, drugs in the bathroom, you name it. And then there's all the traumatic stories these kids have girls who have been raped, suicide attempts and cutting and abuse. It's like living through a Dangerous Minds movie, except I'm not Michelle Pfeiffer, and it's not going to be over in two hours with an inspiring ending. I wake up everyday miserable about having to go work to face the secondary abuse they project onto me in the classroom, and knowing I have to protect them from each other, as well as having to protect myself. Some days I'm in flight mode, some days I'm in fight mode (which never works out well). I fear something terrible is going to happen before the year is out. I leave work on most days with chest tightness or pain, I have a low-grade headache that never goes away, I'm worried I'm going to have a heart attack, but have not had my blood pressure checked, which I probably should. I started taking the Xanax more frequently but know it's not something I can do chronically because I don't want to turn into a junkie. For a while I was heavily self medicating with pot, but I know from experience that just masks my unhappiness and doesn't make the problem go away. I've been teaching for 26 years and have never experienced anything like this. I've always been able to manage the inherent job stress through rest, exercise, meditation, yoga, periodic check-ins with a therapist. But I can't get out of the catastrophic thinking mode and I am having a really hard time finding pleasure in other activities. I come home and just crawl into bed and hide which also is not sustainable. On the days I don't do that, I snap at my family and have a short fuse, which is also not right. I wish I could turn back time and undo this terrible career decision, and I'm paralyzed about how to get out. I don't have the financial option of just quitting. Feeling trapped is the worst part. 

I appreciate all of you and thank you for opening this space to everyone who needs to vent and cry and seek encouragement. I feel all of your pain and wish you well in your own struggles. 
    What a challenge this new position is for you, What Dreams.  I'm very sorry to hear how difficult it is.  On the one hand, I suppose one could say, "It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it."  On the other hand, if the job requires more than you have or are willing to give to make it work, it may not be worth staying with it. 

I subbed for about 5 years in California and Washington and there were a few schools in both states that were very challenging that way- the worst being the time a handful of teens tried to chase me down on the streets after school because I had reprimanded them in class.  I was in good shape and outran them.  The next day I turned them into the the office and said to admin, "Oh, and by the way, don't bother calling me back."  It's really a matter of how badly do you really need that kind of job and what are you willing to sacrifice to keep it.  If you aren't willing to risk or sacrifice your physical and mental health and well-being, then I would say there is absolutely no shame in leaving that position. That's what I would do, but that's me.  Whatever you choose to do, I sincerely wish you the best and hope this turns out OK for you. 

Thanks for bravely sharing with us.  There are a lot of good people here who care about you.
    Wishing you the best,
    Brian
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    I’m so sorry that you are having to negotiate such a traumatic and toxic work environment.  Feeling trapped is the worst.  I hope that you are able to take advantage of therapy more often.  However, please check in and vent here when you need to.

I wish I could offer some specific coping strategies for your situation.  All I can offer you is virtual hugs and psychic strength being sent your way.

Are there any other teachers there that you could talk to?  see how they cope?  Perhaps you could join a boxing gym or buy a heavy bag and gloves for your home.  Maybe a safe outlet for your frustration, anger and fear could help a bit with your anxiety.  (((Hugs))). 
  • Options
    My family make me feel so isolated and alone. 
  • Options
    communicate with them. Its the only adult way .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    They never ask about me. My sister has not even said congratulations that I finished my university degree.
    Then her husband gets me upset with his sexist, racist, Islamophobic comments.
    And my niece is only interested in getting her lips injected with filler and her eyelashes done, materialistic.
    And her sister won't even say hello, can't be bothered to ever come downstairs from her room.

• Options
    @njnancy I bought CoQ10 today. 150mg as it is more affordable and you get double the amount in the bottle than the high strength 300mg. Which dose does your mum take?
  • Options
    Im on the damn edge.  Everyone around me is ill and the  pressure and fuckin  brain its all too much .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Im on the damn edge.  Everyone around me is ill and the  pressure and fuckin  brain its all too much .
    Hang in there Rob. I hope your family get better. Cold and flu season hey?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    They never ask about me. My sister has not even said congratulations that I finished my university degree.
    Then her husband gets me upset with his sexist, racist, Islamophobic comments.
    And my niece is only interested in getting her lips injected with filler and her eyelashes done, materialistic.
    And her sister won't even say hello, can't be bothered to ever come downstairs from her room.

You need to adjust your expectations. Beating your head against the wall, expecting them to act any differently than they do is not going to happen. Once you realize that your family is not going to give you the love you crave and envision them giving to you, life will go in an upward swing for you. Sounds cruel, but it is true. I have lived it.

My brother is a recovered heroin addict. He did not speak to me for 2 1/2 years while he was in the throes of his addiction. (Now clean after 22+ years.) As much as I wanted better for him and his behavior to others to be less destructive, I could not make him make good choices. The same with your family. They very well could be a bunch of self-absorbed asshats who will never change. One thing is clear, they will only change on their own. You cannot force it and I would think it best for you to stop trying. It is exhausting you and it might be best for you to concentrate on healing the inner you. 
    Being sick is bad, but as a family it sucks. Healing energy to you and your family. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    @njnancy I bought CoQ10 today. 150mg as it is more affordable and you get double the amount in the bottle than the high strength 300mg. Which dose does your mum take?
    I'm not njnancy but I'm the one whose mom takes the CoQ10. She takes 200mg. It is expensive, no doubt, but we make do. My mom is an elderly person with lots of arthritis and sciatica, etc, and she's very sedentary no matter how hard I've tried to motivate her to keep moving, so she still struggles with that pain. But from what I've read about how the enzyme performs throughout the metabolic system, I believe the benefits she has experienced are related generally to whole body cell production and function. I've decided that when she eventually passes on, I will start taking the supplement myself just for my own general healthy aging. Right now I'm not putting out the money for a double dose for the two of us.

I really hope you get some relief.