Options

The Food Thread

Comments

• Options
    But yes the taste was  like cheap Gouda-like cheese. But it still tasted like cheese. So worth checking out. Cool.

I also bought ketchup without any sweetener/sugar. Cool that exists nowadays.

I hate ketchup but I'd be interested in trying that.

Ketchup without added sugar and sweeteners is a little less sweet ketchup but with the same good ketchup flavor. By balancing the other ingredients in the ketchup we have succeeded in producing an equally good ketchup flavor but without adding any sugar or sweetener. (Only 4% sugars from the tomatoes)

CONTENT Tomato paste (83%), vinegar, starch, salt, spice extract (including cayenne pepper, clove, cinnamon), natural aroma.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    But yes the taste was  like cheap Gouda-like cheese. But it still tasted like cheese. So worth checking out. Cool.

I have had carb free ketchup, and it tasted exactly the same as regular ketchup (so pretty gross). But I think that had some kind of sweetener, like a Splenda-type product. 
    People should think more about what's in ketchup. Particularly parents who let their kids basically eat unlimited amounts of the shit. It's actually quite bad for you.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    PJ_Soul said:

I have had carb free ketchup, and it tasted exactly the same as regular ketchup (so pretty gross). But I think that had some kind of sweetener, like a Splenda-type product. 
    People should think more about what's in ketchup. Particularly parents who let their kids basically eat unlimited amounts of the shit. It's actually quite bad for you.
    If I ever accidentally have a kid, he or she can wait until they're 18 to find out watch ketchup is. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

If I ever accidentally have a kid, he or she can wait until they're 18 to find out watch ketchup is. :lol:
    :lol: Me too!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    @dankind Fiddler On The Roof
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,616
    I agree with you both re:ketchup, and I know it is disgusting.
    BUT, I have a small bottle of Heinz that I use and everyone else uses a bland, tasteless, healthy, version from Whole Foods.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I agree with you both re:ketchup, and I know it is disgusting.
    BUT, I have a small bottle of Heinz that I use and everyone else uses a bland, tasteless, healthy, version from Whole Foods.
    No substitute for Heinz. I get the version without the fructose corn syrup. Ketchup is not disgusting. I ate plenty of ketchup as a kid without any issues. Like anything else, moderation is key.  Although I did put the hammer down when my 10 year old experimented by dipping a strawberry in ketchup. Big no-no!
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    I’m flying solo with a 2 year old, so it’s fish sticks tonight. I’m going to drown those fuckers in ketchup!!!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    @dankind Fiddler On The Roof
    :lol: 
    I was ailing yesterday. So many missed opportunities.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I've never actually seen Fiddler on the Roof in any capacity.  Can't fuckin stand musicals.  I had no clue what that video was from until I clicked on it.
  • Options
    I've never actually seen Fiddler on the Roof in any capacity.  Can't fuckin stand musicals.  I had no clue what that video was from until I clicked on it.
    I can't stand musicals either, but if you're a theatre major, as I was, then there are some that you just can't avoid. Fiddler on the Roof is one of those.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    dankind said:
    I can't stand musicals either, but if you're a theatre major, as I was, then there are some that you just can't avoid. Fiddler on the Roof is one of those.
    I was actually IN Fiddler On the Roof, as I was a theatre nerd back in the day..... My dress fell off of me while I was holding one of those daughters up in a chair for that Jewish wedding dance. There was nothing I could do. It was either carry on with no dress (or bra) on - the dress was down around my ankles - or drop the bride on her head. Well, the show must go on. I fucking finished that wedding dance in panties..... And then went back stage and bawled my eyes out. :lol: I am extremely grateful that this happened before the internet!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Nothing cool like that ever happened in high school plays @ my dump.  :lol: 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    I was actually IN Fiddler On the Roof, as I was a theatre nerd back in the day..... My dress fell off of me while I was holding one of those daughters up in a chair for that Jewish wedding dance. There was nothing I could do. It was either carry on with no dress (or bra) on - the dress was down around my ankles - or drop the bride on her head. Well, the show must go on. I fucking finished that wedding dance in panties..... And then went back stage and bawled my eyes out. :lol:I am extremely grateful that this happened before the internet!!
    We're not! :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    I was actually IN Fiddler On the Roof, as I was a theatre nerd back in the day..... My dress fell off of me while I was holding one of those daughters up in a chair for that Jewish wedding dance. There was nothing I could do. It was either carry on with no dress (or bra) on - the dress was down around my ankles - or drop the bride on her head. Well, the show must go on. I fucking finished that wedding dance in panties..... And then went back stage and bawled my eyes out. :lol: I am extremely grateful that this happened before the internet!!
    Well, well, well, what have we got here...
  • Options
    I was forced into a couple of musicals. Never Fiddler, though.

The hardest was the lead of Jesus in Godspell. I had to sing my ass off. I think my drama teacher was trying to save my soul with that casting decision. It didn't work because I kept coming up with ways to make the production more and more silly, and my castmates loved most of my ideas and got them into the final production.

The easiest was Linus in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    I was actually IN Fiddler On the Roof, as I was a theatre nerd back in the day..... My dress fell off of me while I was holding one of those daughters up in a chair for that Jewish wedding dance. There was nothing I could do. It was either carry on with no dress (or bra) on - the dress was down around my ankles - or drop the bride on her head. Well, the show must go on. I fucking finished that wedding dance in panties..... And then went back stage and bawled my eyes out. :lol:I am extremely grateful that this happened before the internet!!
    We're not! :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    Well, well, well, what have we got here...

• Options
    Ah, the things we do for love....
    Some family members do not do spices so my friend here gets half dressed while awaiting a date with a 450 degree cast iron bed.

• Options
    Bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel this morning.  With ketchup.
  • Options
    What is on everything bagel?

• Options
    And now he rests....
    Would eat roast chicken for most every meal

• Options
    What is on everything bagel?

It has the toppings of all the other bagels, sesame, poppy, salt, garlic, onion etc on one bagel. The visual on that bird is weird man!
  • Options
    It was delicious (my side, at least)
    That bagel Sammie sounds great 
  • Options
    It was delicious (my side, at least)
    That bagel Sammie sounds great 
    So good.  I have to stop getting it every Saturday!  A properly roasted chicken is about as good as it gets.  I tend to do the beer can thing, so easy and so good.
  • Options
    And now he rests....
    Would eat roast chicken for most every meal

The left side of that looks delicious! 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    edited March 2019
    F me. I like you my guy, but is that cooked? Were you trying to off your in-laws?

the picture of the resting chicken and what I think is the cooked chicken look awfully similar..:
  • Options
    Hahaha.  It was delicious.  Cook with a thermometer and I clearly didn't baste this bastard, buy it was done and tasted great.
    Offing sounds like an option, however.