The Food Thread

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Went to The Kunjip in Koreatown the other night.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Get_Right said:
    That poutine looks delicious. 
    I generally avoid chains, but Shake Shack, with no line at 2:15, really hit the spot.  Better than in and out.
    A double SmokeShack and malted caramel shake gets me every time.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Poutine -- awesome!

I can get down with some ShakeShack, although I do not bow to their burger any more than I did to In-n-Out.  Both are overrated, imo, although they are quite tasty.  (Just not the fucking huge deal that everyone makes of them both.)

Korean feast looks awesome.  Every time I do that I feel so stuffed - so much food!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I haven't had good poutine in a while.  Last time was in Minnesota when I went to see PJ, so going on 5 years.  And speaking of burgers, Minnesota is also the home of the best burger I've ever had.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The Juicy Lucy?
    The Juicy Lucy?
    Yep, but no i.  As they say in Matt's Bar, if it's spelled correctly, you went to the wrong place.
    The Juicy Lucy?
    Yep, but no i.  As they say in Matt's Bar, if it's spelled correctly, you went to the wrong place.
    Ha.  Nice.  I would like to try that.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Finally got an isntant pot and absolutely love it.  Used it twice this week.  Did a chicken teriyaki in 20 mins.  Also did a cheesy chicken pasta that turned out great.  Amazing how the chicken does not dry out and cooks so damn quick.  Will definitely be using this thing a lot for quick weeknight dinners...it's a game changer.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Finally got an isntant pot and absolutely love it.  Used it twice this week.  Did a chicken teriyaki in 20 mins.  Also did a cheesy chicken pasta that turned out great.  Amazing how the chicken does not dry out and cooks so damn quick.  Will definitely be using this thing a lot for quick weeknight dinners...it's a game changer.
    I have seen stuff on this thing everywhere over the past few months.  May have to look into this.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The homemade flour tortillas from Trader Joe's are the bomb-diggity.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I have seen stuff on this thing everywhere over the past few months.  May have to look into this.

Yeah man, it's awesome.  Shocked how good the food turned out.  I was assuming it would be similar to crock pot stuff where it's decent but the meat is always dried out a bit but the chicken was nice and juicy.  2 chicken breast and rice cooked in like 7 mins...then just mixed in some veggies/sauce and ready to go.  Good stuff.

Yeah man, it's awesome.  Shocked how good the food turned out.  I was assuming it would be similar to crock pot stuff where it's decent but the meat is always dried out a bit but the chicken was nice and juicy.  2 chicken breast and rice cooked in like 7 mins...then just mixed in some veggies/sauce and ready to go.  Good stuff.
    That's awesome. With you on the crock pot.  It's basically a high tech pressure cooker, right?

That's awesome. With you on the crock pot.  It's basically a high tech pressure cooker, right?
    Yep that's exactly what it is.  Has a bunch of different settings based on what type of food you're cooking....super easy.

Yep that's exactly what it is.  Has a bunch of different settings based on what type of food you're cooking....super easy.
    Yeah, I am going to have to do this.  Cooking good food as become an issue with our evening routine with the baby.

Yeah, I am going to have to do this.  Cooking good food as become an issue with our evening routine with the baby.
    Yeah once they start eating real food it really throws a kink in your weeknight dinner plans after work.  We have #2 coming in May so I'm resigned to the fact that dinner time is just always going to be a circus for the next few years.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    I have heard a lot about the instant pot recently. Its popular with the younger folks in my office.  May have to check it out.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2019
    I don’t know if this qualifies as food, but I’m eating it for breakfast. 

They've got some mad geniuses minding the shop at General Mills. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Best Mexican food somewhat close to me on this side of the river.
    Lengua, Al Pastor, Bistek, Chorizo

The beef tongue was far and away the winner.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Man good lengua tacos are the best.  Good tacos are missing from my neighborhood.  Same with Vietnamese.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    dankind said:
    I don’t know if this qualifies as food, but I’m eating it for breakfast. 

They've got some mad geniuses minding the shop at General Mills. 
    I consider that food, and would totally eat it.  I almost bought a box of Captain Crunch last night while grabbing milk for the kid, but didn’t. I would have ended up eating the whole box in one sitting, and then felt guilty for not sharing.
  • Tried vegan cheese  tasted like cheese
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Looks really gross. Like pale processed cheese.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    No less processed than a Kraft single.  Cheese, by definition, is a dairy product so the term "vegan cheese" is an oxymoron.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    No less processed than a Kraft single.  Cheese, by definition, is a dairy product so the term "vegan cheese" is an oxymoron.
    Right, that's what I meant by processed cheese. Kraft singles (or whatever brand singles). That's what processed cheese is where I'm from, pretty much exclusively (I gather Americans call it American cheese??? Is that right?). Though Cheez Whiz also qualifies. I don't know if we have aerosol cheese here - I've never seen it in my entire life.
    I agree there is no such thing as vegan "cheese". They should have to call it something else. Sometimes I wish Canada had the same standards when it comes to cheese as France does. They are really hardcore about their cheese, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    Big deal what I call it.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Right, that's what I meant by processed cheese. Kraft singles (or whatever brand singles). That's what processed cheese is where I'm from, pretty much exclusively (I gather Americans call it American cheese??? Is that right?). Though Cheez Whiz also qualifies. I don't know if we have aerosol cheese here - I've never seen it in my entire life.
    I agree there is no such thing as vegan "cheese". They should have to call it something else. Sometimes I wish Canada had the same standards when it comes to cheese as France does. They are really hardcore about their cheese, lol.
    They are not calling it cheese on the package.

So no need to get your panties in a bunch peoples.
    :lol:   

• But yes the taste was  like cheap Gouda-like cheese. But it still tasted like cheese. So worth checking out. Cool.

I also bought ketchup without any sweetener/sugar. Cool that exists nowadays.

But yes the taste was  like cheap Gouda-like cheese. But it still tasted like cheese. So worth checking out. Cool.

I also bought ketchup without any sweetener/sugar. Cool that exists nowadays.

I hate ketchup but I'd be interested in trying that.