• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,642
    Corona Chicken Salad Sandwich

Love chicken salad. Looks good
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    MF117973 said:
    deadendp said:
    Maybe it's just a Northeast Ohio thing, but don't y'all have Lawson's chip dip? Not sure, but some of the Ohio people here might be able to tell you that you could put that stuff on a dirty boot and it would taste fantastic.  

@stuckinline Do you know what I am talking about? 

@mickeyrat You might not since you are a bit state capitol-y, but you move around a lot.  How about you?  
    Okay, please excuse my use of a Fox news site because that was all I had, but I found this:
    https://fox8.com/news/featured/lawsons-chip-dip-celebrates-80th-anniversary/

I guess I will refer to it as a regional thing, but Cuyahoga Falls has either been the city I have lived in or always at least a neighboring town.  That could be why Lawson's Chip Dip is a big thing here.  Seriously good stuff. 
    I know my grocery store has those pre-made dips. I just don't know the brands. Next time I go to the store, I will check. I have always just mixed the Lipton onion soup with the sour cream. As @hedonist said it is very nostalgic (and always requires Ruffles). But any onion dip will do for me.
    I admit that I only enjoy chip dip at parties. It was something my dad would buy occasionally, so I get the nostalgia thing. 

Chip dip needs a thick chip. Thin chips just break apart and you can't have any of that. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    deadendp said:
    Maybe it's just a Northeast Ohio thing, but don't y'all have Lawson's chip dip? Not sure, but some of the Ohio people here might be able to tell you that you could put that stuff on a dirty boot and it would taste fantastic.  

@mickeyrat You might not since you are a bit state capitol-y, but you move around a lot.  How about you?  

Okay, please excuse my use of a Fox news site because that was all I had, but I found this:

I guess I will refer to it as a regional thing, but Cuyahoga Falls has either been the city I have lived in or always at least a neighboring town.  That could be why Lawson's Chip Dip is a big thing here.  Seriously good stuff. 
    @deadendp Yes, Lawson's chip dip is the best! I grew up eating Lawson's chip dip with ruffled potato chips.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

@deadendp Yes, Lawson's chip dip is the best! I grew up eating Lawson's chip dip with ruffled potato chips.
    Thank you! :plus_one:
  • Options
    My family started having this in the house at one point. Some good stuff

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

My Ohio guy never heard of Lawson’s, but then again, he’s a Columbus man ;)

MF, high sodium foods are off my list now. Godammit I miss sushi!

Fucking salt :angry:

(nope, not bitter at ALL)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I could get down with that. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,175
    hedonist said:

I could get down with that. 
    Desert Pepper is one of my favorite brands of jarred salsa. Their corn and black bean salsa and their mango/peach salsa are really good. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,304
    Corona Salmon
    Corona Crab Cakers
    (with the same corona sides!)

New Geico Gecko Meme Memes  Imgflip Memes Cheezburger Memes
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    I've decided I'm never posting a picture in this thread.  Y'all go to culinary school or what the fuck???  Guess I just had a sheltered childhood when it came to the kitchen.
  • Options
    I've decided I'm never posting a picture in this thread.  Y'all go to culinary school or what the fuck???  Guess I just had a sheltered childhood when it came to the kitchen.
    I took a pic of the pot of sauce and the meatballs I made last night and the pic looked like shit...  I am not posting albeit how great it tasted, lol!
  • Options

Alright. Tempo and Dyer, I posted this picture for you two. I made what looked like a beautiful banana bread, but it collapsed when I pulled it out of the pan. Not wanting to waste, I threw the collapse into the lil counter oven and this is what I ended up with. 

It was delicious and we ate it all. Looked like hell and I post that for you boys. Now, share your tasty, but not photogenic, creations! 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hahaha I refrain from posting a bunch of meals too, and they are usually quite tasty.

I will say too that everyone's tastes are different and I would rather have an ugly old pot of delicious chili than much of the haute cuisine seafood that looks so good.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Corona eggs bene-DK (toasted scratch English muffin, oven-roasted turkey breast, eggs over easy, melted cheddar and jack cheese, habanero sauce)

Looks awful. Tastes delicious. 

Hit the spot. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Turkey meatballs in homemade sauce. Wish I’d taken better pics...
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932

This is funny and so true.  This could be re-titled the professional chef thread.  :lol:
  • Options

Here an average photo of an above average meal...
    The salsa's homemade from last year's garden, the pork is perfect leftovers from that 13hours in the smoker butt from the other day, the chips are home fried (thanks Cliffy!) and the red cabbage slaw was incredible, my own tweak on KFC clone slaw.
    The cheese is Cabot Seriously Sharp.
    They ended up being the best tacos we've ever had so far in life!

Try adding cole slaw to your Mexican meals people, you will not be sorry!  Hell, just try dipping your tortilla chips in good sweet and bitey slaw some time, pair it with a spicy salsa it's easily as good as dipping in salsa, you'll find yourself unable to decide which is better and certain that together is better than either alone.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    ^  Good Lord, that looks delicious.  I would take that down in about 3 minutes flat.  Nice work!
  • Options
    I wonder if the slaw mimics a mayo in the tacos to make it taste good?
  • Options
    You make me want to make chips...
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    deadendp said:
    Easiest thing in the world. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I have never heard of mayo in tacos, but the principal is sound.  White, fatty, milky condiments always pair well with salsas and red sauces.
    Sour cream with salsa, tomato pasta sauce with ceasar, ranch, ricotta, mozzarella, etc. 
    We love chip dip with Italian sausage sandwiches and we are big fans of ranch or other creamy salad dressing with any marinara sauce dish.
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    Easiest thing in the world. 
    Yes, it is.  And if the grease is fresh, they are so good you can munch them down by the handful even without dip!
    We keep a deep-fry that was a Christmas gift on the counter filled and ready just for chips, we make them once a week.

• Options
    rgambs said:
    I have never heard of mayo in tacos, but the principal is sound.  White, fatty, milky condiments always pair well with salsas and red sauces.
    Sour cream with salsa, tomato pasta sauce with ceasar, ranch, ricotta, mozzarella, etc. 
    We love chip dip with Italian sausage sandwiches and we are big fans of ranch or other creamy salad dressing with any marinara sauce dish.
    I've had a mayo based sauce that was fantastic on tacos.  I should have said that instead, sorry.

• Options
    rgambs said:
    I've had a mayo based sauce that was fantastic on tacos.  I should have said that instead, sorry.

Gotcha, like I said, it makes sense.
    In the tacos, it was mostly the crunch and bite of the cabbage and onion and the sweetness that had soaked in, I drained and died the slaw for an hour so it wouldn't make the tacos drippy.  But, when it comes to dipping with the chips, absolutely the "white" offsets the salsa so well.
    I call it "white" because it doesn't matter if it's mayo, milk/cream, sour cream, ranch, ceasar, cheese, the way it pairs is essentially the same.
  • Options
    Doesn't have to be pretty.  99% of the food I cook doesn't look good. I just post the things that I am most proud of or that I am new to. Come one, come all.  Post your delicious food.
  • Options
    Doesn't have to be pretty.  99% of the food I cook doesn't look good. I just post the things that I am most proud of or that I am new to. Come one, come all.  Post your delicious food.
    Sure but notice no posts congratulating me on my sauce, lol?

Tastes great, needs a better photo.

• Options
    Sure but notice no posts congratulating me on my sauce, lol?

Tastes great, needs a better photo.

Haha that actually looked good!  
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,175
    edited April 2020
    rgambs said:

The salsa's homemade from last year's garden, the pork is perfect leftovers from that 13hours in the smoker butt from the other day, the chips are home fried (thanks Cliffy!) and the red cabbage slaw was incredible, my own tweak on KFC clone slaw.

Try adding cole slaw to your Mexican meals people, you will not be sorry!  Hell, just try dipping your tortilla chips in good sweet and bitey slaw some time, pair it with a spicy salsa it's easily as good as dipping in salsa, you'll find yourself unable to decide which is better and certain that together is better than either alone.
    Looks delicious. I am very motivated to make my fajitas this week. Braving the grocery store tomorrow. For a second I thought that flower on your plate was real and you wanted to be all fancy :)

• Options
    MF117973 said:
    rgambs said:

Looks delicious. I am very motivated to make my fajitas this week. Braving the grocery store tomorrow. For a second I thought that flower on your plate was real and you wanted to be all fancy :)

Hahaha nope we just use dinnerware from the 70s 😂😂