A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Thank you
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    My heart sank then i got the joke. Phew
    Oh no! I was joking that it sounded like it's taking him 30 years to perform the same surgery. Instead of making you laugh, I gave you more anxiety! I suck. :confounded:
  • In England its called a surgery i got there in the end. Don't worry. I quickly calmed back to frantic :)
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    In England its called a surgery i got there in the end. Don't worry. I quickly calmed back to frantic :)
    :lol:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Thank you
    i know you won't believe this now. but it does get better. i did. i still struggle, but my worst is (for now) behind me. i was crying constantly, sitting at my desk at work trying my best to shield what was going on but probably failing miserably. calling in sick when i knew i'd be home alone. having pains in my body that made me think i was going to die. but the pain was all from stress and anxiety. and not taking care of myself. i am horribly out of shape, and any stress makes my muscles fucking turn against me. i started to feel a lot better when i lost all that weight. but of course, once i felt better, i went back to my old habits and gained it all back. and i'm back to where i started. except now i am armed with the knowledge of what it wrong, so that particular stress isn't there for the most part. 

there are some days, they are rare, mind you,but they have happened, where i have been able to will myself to get the fuck out of bed and do something. it is a double edged sword sometimes, where you do something trivial to make yourself feel good about yourself, and then you feel good, and then you feel like a loser for something so trivial making you feel proud. it sucks, i know. but they call it baby steps for a reason. babies take a step, which for most of us, is nothing. they take it, and they get a fucking standing ovation. that's us. but the more steps we take, the easier it gets. and then before you know it, we're running. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

how y'all doing today?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Ive really tried hard today. But ive had enough of being confused
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Ive really tried hard today. But ive had enough of being confused
    can't that be explained as the alcohol withdrawal?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• No because ive now tried a few drinks and made no difference. Ive decided that i do not need drink and want a relaxed approach to it because im so obsessive i was nasty to myself .  Its 3 a.m and im sitting here vacant and confused even in my sleep i fear the worst 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

have you tried marijuana?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i'm not saying it will solve all  your problems, but it does help with calming nerves and sleep issues. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• No not since maybe 20 years ago. Im scared i will become addicted to it . I once loved it as a youth
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• God im having a panic attack now whilst everyone is asleep again. I fuckin hate this life
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• You are kind help thanks for that
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

No not since maybe 20 years ago. Im scared i will become addicted to it . I once loved it as a youth
    marijuana is not addictive. it can be habit forming, but not physically addictive. but if you are afraid of it, then don't try it. your paranoia may be at a fever pitch when you do it and that can take your mind to even more anxious places. there was a time i had to quit it altogether cause i wasn't in the right frame of mind. 

has your doc prescribed any sleep aids at all? sorry, after 9 pages, i can't recall what you've tried. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• I sleep from early. Like 7 pm til about 2 am but the last bit before i wake im confused . Then it stays 24 7. Im on antidepressants tha i started 2 weeks ago. I have some valium that is for emergencies but i rarely take that.  I must stop writing about my symptoms because someone might say something that sends me off the chart. But i try and trust my dr and my partner but i know deep inside that this is the end.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Ive had to take a valium this is insane
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I sleep from early. Like 7 pm til about 2 am but the last bit before i wake im confused . Then it stays 24 7. Im on antidepressants tha i started 2 weeks ago. I have some valium that is for emergencies but i rarely take that.  I must stop writing about my symptoms because someone might say something that sends me off the chart. But i try and trust my dr and my partner but i know deep inside that this is the end.
    dude. i spent months in the same exact state as you and i got through it. i was a fucking mess. sleeping about 2 hours per night. not eating. not drinking. not sleeping. just fucking shaking 24/7, thinking i was going to die every time i slept for a minute and opened my eyes again. i hated the waking state. but that's all i had. lying in bed staring at the cieling for hours on end. my wife didn't know what to do. it will get better. you have to know that. it will. 

please don't give up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Everybody alright?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

on the whole, ok. bad days here and there. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Another sleepless night. I’d love to take a nap right now but I’m not sleepy. Exhausted, but not sleepy. 
    Another sleepless night. I’d love to take a nap right now but I’m not sleepy. Exhausted, but not sleepy. 
    the mountains of weed you consume don't help you sleep? :mrgreen:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

the mountains of weed you consume don't help you sleep? :mrgreen:
    :lol:  Unfortunately, no. Not even the strongest of edibles. Not much makes me sleepy. I go through these weird cycles...either I can’t sleep or I can’t stay awake. 
  • Barely existing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Barely existing
    I don’t know what to say, but I really wish for you to feel better.
  • Many thanks
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Good thoughts for you, our purple tiger friend. 

Hugh said it well, time makes a difference.  Hang in there and look toward better days!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    brianlux said:
    Good thoughts for you, our purple tiger friend. 

Hugh said it well, time makes a difference.  Hang in there and look toward better days!

Very well said Brian :)
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Just try to get on one day at a time. I felt very challenged today...almost cried several times at work-got though it but can tell I won't be sleeping tonight.  I haven't experienced the kind of anxiety you have suffered until recently. I have mostly struggled with depression. I moved back to my hometown to take care of my mom a couple of months ago.  I had a couple of great doctors--a psychiatrist and a rheumatologist and have been avoiding starting over with new doctors who don't know me. I'm out of my meds--can't refill from another state.   The thing that helped calm me that I miss the most was my dog. When I was unable to sleep I would hold out my hand and he would come up and bump his head on it. I would pet him, talk or sing to him as he curled up next to me.  I'm not sure how that would be with an OCD but maybe it could be a good thing.  Some of us are lucky to have kind and supportive people in our lives but it's mixed with the guilt and sadness that comes with having someone we love tangled in our struggles.  The other thing I wish to share is don't give up...Even if you have seen a dr. for years if you are in such a dark place...see another..and maybe another because there can be one out there who can really help you. It's tough to find but if you can do it could make such a difference. Sending healing thoughts to you and HFD.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    camsjam said:
    Just try to get on one day at a time. I felt very challenged today...almost cried several times at work-got though it but can tell I won't be sleeping tonight.  I haven't experienced the kind of anxiety you have suffered until recently. I have mostly struggled with depression. I moved back to my hometown to take care of my mom a couple of months ago.  I had a couple of great doctors--a psychiatrist and a rheumatologist and have been avoiding starting over with new doctors who don't know me. I'm out of my meds--can't refill from another state.   The thing that helped calm me that I miss the most was my dog. When I was unable to sleep I would hold out my hand and he would come up and bump his head on it. I would pet him, talk or sing to him as he curled up next to me.  I'm not sure how that would be with an OCD but maybe it could be a good thing.  Some of us are lucky to have kind and supportive people in our lives but it's mixed with the guilt and sadness that comes with having someone we love tangled in our struggles.  The other thing I wish to share is don't give up...Even if you have seen a dr. for years if you are in such a dark place...see another..and maybe another because there can be one out there who can really help you. It's tough to find but if you can do it could make such a difference. Sending healing thoughts to you and HFD.
    All the best to you too.
    That warmed my heart, the part about your dog. They're remarkable beings.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014