A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Many thanks. Im now looking at this perscription wondering do i try medication again for what feels like the 100th time. And sit and wait for side effects to scare the shit out of me. Or do i sit it out for some more weeks. I wake so fuckin confused and distressed every single time i sleep. But my dt explained quite well about the brain. But i still don't believe him. ..... health anxiety hey!
    When I was in the throws of my worst, deepest depression combined with anxiety, I went through that awful process of trying different anti-depressants until I was prescribed one that worked wonders for me- Serzone.  Not that I'm recommending or not recommending Serzone (besides which, it is no longer available in the U.S.) but rather just saying that we're all a bit different and it can be difficult to find the right match.  I think it's worth the effort though because the right medication may well get you on track.  If an anti-depressant/anti-anxiety med works correctly, it basically helps train your brain to level out its natural chemical balances such that eventually you don't need the meds any more.  I was on Serzone for 3 or 4 four years then tapered off and haven't used any meds for a good 10 years.  I get periods of depression and anxiety but not uncontrollably.  So I hope you have luck with the new med, lastexit!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,696
    edited December 2017
    My fuckin head is fucked. I still can't decide to take meds. But my awareness is off. Lightheaded and confused . I guess if i don't take them how can i know if it helps. I just hate meds though but i want my mind back so desperately
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I have no idea how im still going and not drinking or taking anything. A miracle
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I so used to love sleep. I now hate it. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    how are you dude?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Im must say im ad low as ive ever been. Started antidepressants. Im sure i have a brain problem. Everytime i try and sleep i have strange confused frantic feeling. Ive still not drank alcohol i keep thinking of you and your words. 
    But my dr is positive this is anxiety.  Trying today to trust that. But i can't. I went yesterday to see him. I told him im having suicidal thoughts and he said thats normal when starting meds. But i have been on and off them for years. I should know. But man  i feel ive not long left.thanks for caring
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Im must say im ad low as ive ever been. Started antidepressants. Im sure i have a brain problem. Everytime i try and sleep i have strange confused frantic feeling. Ive still not drank alcohol i keep thinking of you and your words. 
    But my dr is positive this is anxiety.  Trying today to trust that. But i can't. I went yesterday to see him. I told him im having suicidal thoughts and he said thats normal when starting meds. But i have been on and off them for years. I should know. But man  i feel ive not long left.thanks for caring
    Hugs. Did your doctor tell you the sideffects at the start should go away within weeks and that it takes time for the benefits of the drug to be felt?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Yes . The problem is ive had these symptoms before meds so im petrified. He said i definitely don't have dementia but i have health anxiety so i believe me. Not him. Sadly i can't do this anymore im 42 and have battled some kind of anx for the last 20 years in various guises. I stayed in bed 48 hrs and held on but there is no help for me because i go dr every 2 weeks he knows me and now everything is just anxiety.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Yes . The problem is ive had these symptoms before meds so im petrified. He said i definitely don't have dementia but i have health anxiety so i believe me. Not him. Sadly i can't do this anymore im 42 and have battled some kind of anx for the last 20 years in various guises. I stayed in bed 48 hrs and held on but there is no help for me because i go dr every 2 weeks he knows me and now everything is just anxiety.
    Sorry that it's been so hard for so long.
    Have you considered checking into an in-patient clinic?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Im in the uk we have to be sectioned by the mental health team. I can't leave my family . I have a new baby . But i have to be put there basically. They will only do that if i try and kill myself. Which im to scared to do. So i must sit and keep trying until that moment comes.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Im so confused and dizzy 24 7 this is bollocks. Loosing my mind
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Im so confused and dizzy 24 7 this is bollocks. Loosing my mind
    It might take awhile to adjust to the meds but if the dizziness continues, I'd check in with the Doc and let him or her know about it.  Hang in there and keep us posted!  Best wishes as always!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Thank you. I can't explain the confusion its been 2 months and its getting worse. Ive been on the meds 8 days
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Thank you. I can't explain the confusion its been 2 months and its getting worse. Ive been on the meds 8 days
    Have you seen a neurologist?
  • I saw one last year july was my last appointment. But i wasn't like this then. I had some confusion but he wasn't concerned. But now its ridiculous but my dr is absolutely adamant its anxiety and promised me its not dementia. I feel like my life is over im scared to death
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I saw one last year july was my last appointment. But i wasn't like this then. I had some confusion but he wasn't concerned. But now its ridiculous but my dr is absolutely adamant its anxiety and promised me its not dementia. I feel like my life is over im scared to death
    I'm sorry to read you are in this state. I wish I could do more, but I'm sending you a big hug. I hope you are not alone. 
  • Im not alone but we have a new baby soim putting too much onto my partner. I can see she is struggling with me like this. Im constantly asking her for reassurance even though i know im not to
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• You are all very kind. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    If 2017 has taught me one thing, it's that people are assholes. Especially the ones you least expect. Any hope is false hope. Trust is for fools. Nothing is what it seems to be. Disillusionment is par for the course. Being nice to others is seen as a weakness. There are two types of people...predators and prey. I don't know how to be a predator so I guess I'm the prey. Looks like I better build my wall much higher. 
    If 2017 has taught me one thing, it's that people are assholes. Especially the ones you least expect. Any hope is false hope. Trust is for fools. Nothing is what it seems to be. Disillusionment is par for the course. Being nice to others is seen as a weakness. There are two types of people...predators and prey. I don't know how to be a predator so I guess I'm the prey. Looks like I better build my wall much higher. 
    :(
    I feel you.
    I thought I made 2 good friends only to wake up and realise they were playing me for a fool just so they could get a laugh.
    Be the wall!

(Let's copyright that a make a million damn dollars!)

brianlux said:
    Be the wall!

I like the way you think! :lol:

:(
    I feel you.
    I thought I made 2 good friends only to wake up and realise they were playing me for a fool just so they could get a laugh.
    I'm sorry. People suck. 
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    edited January 2018
    I'm scared folks. 
    I have to drive downtown , park the car in a garage and walk to the hospital. 
    Then i have to remember where i parked. Get the car pick up my step dad and drive home. 
    I'm thinking if you could save me tonight i wouldn't have to go through it..

Dreaming of who?  Jesus would do
    Post edited by Shyner on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Shyner said:
    I'm scared folks. 
    I have to drive downtown , park the car in a garage and walk to the hospital. 
    Then i have to remember where i parked. Get the car pick up my step dad and drive home. 
    I'm thinking if you could save me tonight i wouldn't have to go through it..

Dreaming of who?  Jesus would do
    take a picture.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    brianlux said:
    Be the wall!

I like the way you think! :lol:
    Awww shucks, thanks!  :smiley:

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Ditto for me, except it's continuing in 2018 as well.
    Brian, excellent suggestion on 'Be the wall!'
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I think some people are assholes, or can be.  If that brush is painted among all, you're depriving yourself of the beauty within others and maybe even within yourself.

Sometimes you need to force your mind or eyes or soul or whatever to see the light.

Life isn't always dark.  Find a way, or try to, even if it takes time.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    Very true Hedonist. ^
    :rofl:

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it this time.