A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• My only hope is that quitting alcohol 2 weeks ago has contributed to this. But i doubt it. Im toast
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    edited December 2017
    Never forget that in your death
    The lord is with you
    All the kings and queens unite
    To be with you. 
    Don't die it hurts my stomach. 
    The heart needs prayer
    Goodnight
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    Ive called my dr.  I can't go on. Im loosing my memory and im petrified.  Im sorry i can't believe this is not some kind of dementia.
    absolutely tell him about stopping drinking and the amount you were before you stopped.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    My only hope is that quitting alcohol 2 weeks ago has contributed to this. But i doubt it. Im toast
    Hang in there. Remember, there are many good people on this forum that are here for you.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Hi folks,
    I'm popping in here for myself and for my kid. The kid has OCD (and a bunch of other stuff) that leads to anxiety, and it's flaring pretty badly right now as graduation (I hope!) approaches. He is substance-free and has been off all meds, by choice, for eight years or so. {Someone mentioned Lexapro up-thread; that was a nightmare for us, but the kid has multiple neuro issues, so a med for problem A will make problem B worse, etc.} But, he's struggling a lot right now, to the point where he has said he might need meds.

I have more than my share of anxiety -- some I come by honestly, the rest I got from my kid -- and depression that has been pretty severe over the past few years. I've worked hard -- literally, if you check out the "shape up" thread, I work out 18+ hours a week for my mental health more than for my physical health -- and, with my kids semi-launched, I've been able to bring the depression under control and make slow but steady progress in tackling the anxiety. But when my kid goes off a cliff, he often takes me with him.

If anyone feels comfortable sharing, I would like to know your thoughts about marijuana as a treatment for anxiety and OCD. I've read research that suggests that CBD might be the miracle chemical that addresses both my kid's anxiety and his seizures. On the other hand, we've tried enough medications over the years to know that there is no miracle cure-all, and most meds don't help everyone with a particular disorder.   

And, courage to everyone posting here. There are more of us there than it seems.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Hey lastexitlondon,
    How are ya man?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Hi im getting words confused and muddled things are bad. I spoke to my dr and my phycologist and both said its not dementia. Me im so fuckin sure im loosing my mind im petrified
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Thanks for caring all of you. Love 
    Rob
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Sorry i haven't been able to be on here im just so scared i may be loosing my cognitive functions
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Sorry i haven't been able to be on here im just so scared i may be loosing my cognitive functions

I'm sending you best wishes, lastexit. I'm hoping this shall pass very soon. I'm sending you a big hug too. Do you have an strategies to try and distract yourself from your thoughts? 
    Glad to hear back from ya. Hang in there man. Come here anytime to seek support.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Good to hear from you lastexit.  Wait for that next ray of sunshine, quiet moment, super thrill, great song, or what ever gets you through!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    One day on the way to work, I watched some really good stand up comedy, it actually got my mood up for hours.
     I hope everyone will have a stress free, good day today. Take care and love of yourselves and the ones around you! 
  • Im loosing my grip . Ive tried everything . I speak weekly to my dr and im loosing my mind . 
    Im so desperate . I think i want to survive but im feelinh like i can't last another day. I wish this was all over.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are@lastexitlondon.  If you are feeling the need to end things than I urge you to seek help.  You are not alone.  You are loved.  You are worthy and worth saving.

United Kingdom Suicide Hotlines

Samaritans UK & ROI 
    National 
    Contact by: Face to Face  - Phone  - Letter:  - E-mail: 
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 90 90 (UK - local rate)
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 91 92 (UK minicom)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 90 (ROI - local rate)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 91 (ROI minicom)
    E-mail Helpline: jo@samaritans.org
    24 Hour service: 

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited December 2017
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are@lastexitlondon.  If you are feeling the need to end things than I urge you to seek help.  You are not alone.  You are loved.  You are worthy and worth saving.

United Kingdom Suicide Hotlines

Samaritans UK & ROI 
    National 
    Contact by: Face to Face  - Phone  - Letter:  - E-mail: 
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 90 90 (UK - local rate)
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 91 92 (UK minicom)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 90 (ROI - local rate)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 91 (ROI minicom)
    E-mail Helpline: jo@samaritans.org
    24 Hour service: 

This!
    Lastexit, please hang in there.
    Your purpose on this planet is important and your job here is not yet done. Sunny skies will come in time. Believe in that.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • Big love to all of you and it means the world at this time. Im going back to my dr today.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Wondering how everyone survived the holidays?

I was doing so great that last week...cheerful and happy and so relaxed despite all the last minute stuff. Had a great Christmas Eve dinner with my family...until the grinch showed up (my mother). The visit went so well that my dumb ass went and texted her that we had such a nice time with her and Merry Christmas. And BOOM! Christmas went to shit. Time of death...9:25. 
    She texted back with a list of what's wrong with me and the same advice she gave me as a kid. If someone is being an asshole, it's always MY fault. I fucking lost it. Told her to fuck off and burn in hell for teaching me that and setting me up for a lifetime of abuse. And then I blocked her in every way possible. She is now dead to me forever. And good riddance! I coped with a bottle of Fireball. Passed out by noon on Christmas, so overall, it went well. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218

I was doing so great that last week...cheerful and happy and so relaxed despite all the last minute stuff. Had a great Christmas Eve dinner with my family...until the grinch showed up (my mother). The visit went so well that my dumb ass went and texted her that we had such a nice time with her and Merry Christmas. And BOOM! Christmas went to shit. Time of death...9:25. 
    She texted back with a list of what's wrong with me and the same advice she gave me as a kid. If someone is being an asshole, it's always MY fault. I fucking lost it. Told her to fuck off and burn in hell for teaching me that and setting me up for a lifetime of abuse. And then I blocked her in every way possible. She is now dead to me forever. And good riddance! I coped with a bottle of Fireball. Passed out by noon on Christmas, so overall, it went well. 

Good for you. Seriously. I found that taking that step was an essential part of shedding my baggage, feeling better about myself, and making positive changes in my life. I hope you can move forward and be kind to yourself.  
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    My anxiety has peaked
    I'm searching for a way out
    No need to reply
    I want this
    No compromise b#####s
  • Hold on if you can
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Sounds like my estranged sister. My life has been better since she's gone out of my life.
  • Im completely petrified i can even sleep because when i do i wake so distressed by my confusion i cant go on because im petrified i have a neurological problem that spells the end of my sanity. Im sorry to post symptoms and i won't anymore as i can't read about them myself. Im jusr reaching out because im so alone
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    @lastexitlondon you are not alone. And your brain chemistry is just fucking with you. I know that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. It's not fair. I'm in my dark place too so I can't offer any help except to tell you that you aren't alone in this struggle. 
    Im completely petrified i can even sleep because when i do i wake so distressed by my confusion i cant go on because im petrified i have a neurological problem that spells the end of my sanity. Im sorry to post symptoms and i won't anymore as i can't read about them myself. Im jusr reaching out because im so alone
    fwiw you are posting clear and lucid statements. from this laymans seat, your cognitive abilities arent impaired.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Thank you both i visited my dr and he prescribed new meds which  im reluctant to try. Also said i should not stop drinking totally because i have now given up everything and its left me isolated and with no enjoyment in life. Very depressed. My official diagnosis is of severe anxiety . Depression. And obsessive behaviour. 
    Im still abstaining from alcohol for now. Its been 4.5 weeks i think
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Thank you both i visited my dr and he prescribed new meds which  im reluctant to try. Also said i should not stop drinking totally because i have now given up everything and its left me isolated and with no enjoyment in life. Very depressed. My official diagnosis is of severe anxiety . Depression. And obsessive behaviour. 
    smart move imo on abstaining from the drink. to help combat at least some of the isolation, which isnt good for you on several levels, is to at least try some aa meetings? and or seek out some other support groups that may be in your area?

all you have lost is perhaps a bit of your time.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Thank you both i visited my dr and he prescribed new meds which  im reluctant to try. Also said i should not stop drinking totally because i have now given up everything and its left me isolated and with no enjoyment in life. Very depressed. My official diagnosis is of severe anxiety . Depression. And obsessive behaviour. 
    Sounds like you're doing the right things, lastexit.  I'm sure it's not been easy so kudos for giving it your best.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Sounds like you're doing the right things, lastexit.  I'm sure it's not been easy so kudos for giving it your best.
    +1
  • Many thanks. Im now looking at this perscription wondering do i try medication again for what feels like the 100th time. And sit and wait for side effects to scare the shit out of me. Or do i sit it out for some more weeks. I wake so fuckin confused and distressed every single time i sleep. But my dt explained quite well about the brain. But i still don't believe him. ..... health anxiety hey!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07