Options

2nd show added to Toronto with zero notification!

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I know "bands do it all the time" mumbo jumbo, but c'mon. I knew it was coming and I missed the drop by 15-20 mins because I didn't see the second show go up on TM. By the time the band blasted an email tickets had been up for an hour and all the decent seats had been gone for 50 of them. I assumed an advance notice would go out at least to the fan club or they would have disclosed in the tour announcement (in years past they ABSOLUTELY indicated shows which "may" happen). It was a mess today. I am happy for those who were lucky enough to see it go up, but I am really disappointed. There is no way that's completely on the Air Canada Center. Anyone and everyone knew the show would sell out regardless of how diplomatic the show announcement was.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    man..some dont want to understand
    its how the business work
    all want 10c members get the first shot at tix..but this show will be added only and if the sale of the 1st sells in minutes..
    thats the deal always with the added shows are extras and sale happen online the time the public presale of the first show is on..there is no time for 10c lottery,for spoecial treatment to 10c members.,.,is a bam deal..
    u got a second show..be happy..some will get to see the band twice..some not..some others who shut out at the 1st show,got this one..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Not having a draw for the 2nd show does kind of suck. Times are tough financially for people. 10c memberships are not cheap and then you don't even get a chance to get tickets through a fan pre-sale? Is a membership worth it anymore? This is the 2nd time not getting tickets through the draw. If I want to see them now id have to pay above cost after already dishing out for a 10C membership. I guess i won't be seeing them this time.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    missed the bullet
    im game
  • Options
    Karley and Ethan's DadKarley and Ethan's Dad Cambridge, Ontario Posts: 33
    I can't believe that some of you 10c members feel that 10c doesn't owe you anything. Are you all just so happy to part of a sacred society that they can do no wrong? Really? You pay into this people, it's a business. The deal is we pay in and in return we get advantages (and a couple items totalling $7.00 a year). I'm extremely happy that they have the support to add an additional show, that's amazing that after 25 years we are all still here. But doesn't this have to be a two way street? A couple little things that help us all, the "die hard" fans get some sort of advantage at ticket buying time.
    I really can't believe so many of you feel that nothing wrong happened here. This is the band that took TM to task and tried to change the way fans bought their tickets to concerts and now they have just fallen in line. Maybe some of you weren't around for those days and just don't understand what this band use to represent. I know the world has changed, maybe I need to be a little more realistic in my expectations this day and age and come to terms that 2016 Pearl Jam and 1991 Pearl Jam are very different beasts in the "business" world.
    Still the greatest band ever!
  • Options
    Okay I don't post on here much but feel I must chime in on this one since there seems to be a lot of misinformation/misunderstanding going on. And I definitely don't complain about 99% of the things the band and/or 10 Club does. But what happened with Toronto 2 today is not right. Here are my points:
    - the band had to have this date reserved in advance in order to put it on sale so quickly. Like someone has said, why were they worried about selling a 2nd show in Toronto at the ACC. Last 2 times they have played the ACC - 2006 & 20111 were both 2 nights, all shows sold out, all announced in advance. So if they had it reserved it should have been part of the entire tour announcement and part of the lottery. The fact that it wasn't is just bad judgement and management on the part of the band and 10 Club.
    - I missed out on lottery tix for night 1. Out of 4 people I know who tried, only 1 got tickets. I know this is a small sample size but since it's the only one I got, let's then say only 25% of entrants to the lottery got tix. Even if that number was 50% that should have made 10 Club take notice and say, "Well, we should announce Night 2 right away and do another another quick lottery for all the people who got shut out of night 1" Same rules as Philly and NYC.
    - Finally, even if this 2nd show was just a spur of the moment thing, why couldn't the band do the same thing as Night 1 and buy all of the same 10 club seats and hold a lottery tomorrow? This way Ticketmaster gets all their money since that's what the band does with 10 club seats - they buy them in advance from TM.

But hey, you're right, the band and 10 club can do whatever they want. But that doesn't make it right that for some crazy reason this time someone connected with the band thought, "I wonder if Toronto will sell well?" And, by the way, the friend of mine who won night 1 tix is taking me so all of this isn't coming from not being able to see the band. Oh, and to cap it off, Toronto night 2 is also the closer for the tour. Not cool to announce that show like they did.
    Jolly Old England in June!

Toronto '00, Buffalo '03, Detroit I & II '03, Toronto '03, Toledo '04, KItchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Halifax, St. John's I&II '05, Toronto I&II, Pittsburgh '06
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    have a single lower bowl 113 for toronto 1 at face value. dimi you are correct . people should be happy 2 shows. you just have to pay attention to the clues. there were lots of them. the people at the ten club try very hard to please everyone. you now see how this all works. if you don't like it just don't re new the membership. everything has been upfront. someone phoned me that it was up on the website. i f5'd and voila it appeared. dimi need to buy you a beer in toronto.
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    For people who were online at the time the second show went on sale, it was pleasantly easy to get tickets. Nothing like the shit show instant sell out of night one. Reminded me of what buying tickets used to be like before the bots and secondary market took over the ticket world. It reminded me how shitty things have gotten.
    Anyways, it sucks for anyone who didn't get tickets, it's frustrating and I feel for you. PJ's just gotten too damn big for any venue to accommodate every fan that wants to see them.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    dmacdmac Posts: 23
    Can I just add that I'm even more pissed off because my EX WIFE informed me that she had tickets to the 2nd show. So you can imagine just how that would have set me off; she hated going to PJ SHOWS previously and now all of a sudden she's going AND to the 2ND SHOW! LOL ...I wanted to laugh at her because, well of course, THERE IS NO SECOND SHOW! ...called up my GF immediately telling her how nuts my ex is because she thinks there's a 2nd show.

Immediately she jumps on TM and well, look at that - there IS a 2nd show. Grrrrrrrr.

Enjoy the shows .... can't wait!!!
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    What clues were dropped?
  • Options
    I'm with BETTORMAN ... 100% brother
  • Options
    dmac...that's hilarious!
  • Options

dmac...that's hilarious!

:)

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    When Rob announced the tour he even said it ended on the date of the second show. Toronto (almost) always gets two shows. The chances that there was going to be a rollover show announced today were very good.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 127
    edited January 2016
    Why don't we all just go to the pre-parties, rant and rave, get ripped and sell extra tickets to each other so we all get in!!! whoooo

Shut out of the lottery again for T.O. but managed to get singles for both shows. I was also online today until 12:40pm, didn't see the extra show until just after 1pm and got side stage. can't wait.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    I'll be at the pre party. I always have been, always will be :)
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Eroom21 said:

What clues were dropped?

Well, there was a post about it here yesterday.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017

its always likew that in added shows,,same as amsterdam 2

Has it really "always" been that way? That's a big word.

And I am really asking, i've never had t happen in a city I was going to a show so I don't know.
    its standar system always..with pj and other bands
    if the show is sold out right away , the band is ok ,the venue is free that date
    its last show of tour,no need the gear to transfer to rhe next show..venue had the date open and no need to have a set up for the next show of a next band or a sport event
    usually happen at ther beggining or the end of tour
    they dont announce it..after a few minutes they add the show during all try to find tickets..they have the customers right there to sell tickets
    It's not, "always like this" for Pearl Jam, especially in North America. The last time I can remember this happening in North America was the St. John's show. Gorge 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Chicago 2 2009, Philly 1 and 4 2009, Worcester 2 2013 all had proper on sales that didn't just rollover the day of the initial on sale.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    There were a number of us on here myself included who CONFIRMED there was a second show. I found out...I shared the info...I didn't know when the sale would start but I knew it was coming. I was refreshing ticketmaster from noon on and was active on the forum. Others did the same and many of us (myself included) got tickets for show 2 pretty quickly. 10 Club members who wanted to be in the loop had every opportunity and after getting shut out on my first choice in the draw for Toronto 1 I am happy that show 2 went down this way. I had a better chance scoring in a ticketmaster free for all then a new draw with a likely 10% odds for all seats. So enough with the whining...the 2nd show is an absolute gift to some of us.
  • Options
    i guess if you have nothing better to do than sit by your computer/phone in hopes for another date to pop up.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I can't believe that some of you 10c members feel that 10c doesn't owe you anything. Are you all just so happy to part of a sacred society that they can do no wrong? Really? You pay into this people, it's a business. The deal is we pay in and in return we get advantages (and a couple items totalling $7.00 a year). I'm extremely happy that they have the support to add an additional show, that's amazing that after 25 years we are all still here. But doesn't this have to be a two way street? A couple little things that help us all, the "die hard" fans get some sort of advantage at ticket buying time.
    I really can't believe so many of you feel that nothing wrong happened here. This is the band that took TM to task and tried to change the way fans bought their tickets to concerts and now they have just fallen in line. Maybe some of you weren't around for those days and just don't understand what this band use to represent. I know the world has changed, maybe I need to be a little more realistic in my expectations this day and age and come to terms that 2016 Pearl Jam and 1991 Pearl Jam are very different beasts in the "business" world.

I'd like to respond to this by saying that I didn't feel like 10c owed me anything when I found out there was an extra show in Ams '14. Another member messaged me to tell me.

Yes, this is the band that took TM to task and two things come to mind...

Which other bands stood up with them? Maybe they should be taken to task because if 5/10 of the top acts around at the time had maybe TM wouldn't be what it is today. Or maybe it would be anyway. I don't know.

Secondly it seems, merely as a fan who reads the history so I have no inside info etc, that it seemed cost the band a lot in human terms. And now, 20 yrs later they still pay because they did try to take a stand, did try to do something. Because every tour there are countless...PJ took on TM and look at them now, sell out comments. Do you want them still fighting but not being able to play MSG et al?

You know what? Do any of us get exactly what we want from this band? I really doubt it. They don't tour Europe as much as I'd like, they don't play near me when they are over. But is it about getting exactly what I want? For me, no. Will I be 25 again hearing them for the first time again? No.

I don't love every song. Some I've heard a thousand times and don't get tired of. I see shows when I can.

This band has given me so much over the years. I don't post on these boards much but love reading the posts, some drive me nuts but this board is here every day. I've a few really great friends I've met through this band, this board. It makes a difference to my life. Also, because of this band, this fan base I do the work I do which is trying to make live music possible for those in difficult situations and when I see complaints about not getting tix for show number X I wonder about those who won't ever get to see a show because of a mental health issue, a disability, a circumstance.

The band owes me nothing. They've given me gift upon gift. Whether a show, an album, a friend, a work.

Pearl Jam aren't perfect, 10c isn't perfect. I'm certainly many miles from perfect. And so is every member of this board simply because we're human.

So I really don't think it's a big deal there wasn't an announcement about a 2nd show in Toronto. There were plenty of leaks here yesterday. I also know getting 10c tix isn't a guarantee; and I know people help each other out here when they can. I've won tix in lotteries and was bloody hopeless on online sales. It's what it is.

So I guess I'm saying how about being grateful for the gifts this band has given us all. And I know, for me, gratitude comes and goes depending on my mood, my day.

And yes, I do want more shows for me. Of course I do. I'm human after all, just like you.
    Post edited by IamTom on
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

i guess if you have nothing better to do than sit by your computer/phone in hopes for another date to pop up.

It wasn't hope. It was confirmed and the second show went up half hour to 45 minutes after the first. Didn't take all day...had a pair secured during my lunch break and then scored singles to the first show shortly after.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    getting tickets is like being in perhaps an old people refuge feel used and abused and still get none
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    IamTom said:

I'd like to respond to this by saying that I didn't feel like 10c owed me anything when I found out there was an extra show in Ams '14. Another member messaged me to tell me.

Which other bands stood up with them? Maybe they should be taken to task because if 5/10 of the top acts around at the time had maybe TM wouldn't be what it is today. Or maybe it would be anyway. I don't know.

Secondly it seems, merely as a fan who reads the history so I have no inside info etc, it seemed to cost the band a lot in human terms. And now, 20 yrs later they still pay because they did try to take a stand, did try to do something. Because every tour there are countless...PJ took on TM and look at them now comments.

You know what? Do any of us get exactly what we want from this band? I really doubt it. They don't tour Europe as much as I'd like, they don't play near me when they are over. But is it about getting exactly what I want? For me, no. Will I be 25 again hearing them for the first time again? No.

I don't love every song. Some I've heard a thousand times and don't get tired of. I see shows when I can.

This band has given me so much over the years. I don't post on these boards much but love reading the posts. I've a few really great friends I've met through this band, this board. It makes a difference to my life. Also, because of this band, this fan base I do the work I do which is trying to make live music possible for those in difficult situations.

The band owes me nothing. They've given me gift upon gift. Whether a show, an album, a friend, a work.

Pearl Jam aren't perfect, 10c isn't perfect. I'm certainly many miles from perfect. And so is every member of this board simply because we're human.?

So I really don't think it's a big deal there wasn't an announcement about a 2nd show in Toronto. There were plenty of leaks here yesterday. I also know getting 10c tix isn't a guarantee; and I know people help each other out here when they can. I've won tix in lotteries and was bloody hopeless on online sales. It's what it is.

So I guess I'm saying how about being grateful for the gifts this band has given us all. And I know, for me, gratitude comes and goes depending on my mood, my day.

And yes, I do want more shows for me!
    I would consider it an honor to be YOUR friend!!
    :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    What a system. We have to decipher clues as to if and when a 2nd show was going to be added. Not everyone has time to read through message boards to find clues. Then there's the fans who confirmed a 2nd show but 10 club who I pay to keep me updated can't notify me or confirm a 2nd show. The Im supposed to wait by the computer to see when second show goes up for sale.. Membership has it's privileges.
  • Options
    jonnyhjonnyh Posts: 41
    Did 10c confirm there's no hold on tix? The SubHub listings are weird - so few GA and wing seats in 108-110 or 117-119 especially in the single digit rows. Anyone think we might get a surprise with the Wrigley/Fenway announcement? Optimistic...
  • Options
    derbydave said:

IamTom said:

Secondly it seems, merely as a fan who reads the history so I have no inside info etc, it seemed to cost the band a lot in human terms. And now, 20 yrs later they still pay because they did try to take a stand, did try to do something. Because every tour there are countless...PJ took on TM and look at them now comments.

This band has given me so much over the years. I don't post on these boards much but love reading the posts. I've a few really great friends I've met through this band, this board. It makes a difference to my life. Also, because of this band, this fan base I do the work I do which is trying to make live music possible for those in difficult situations.

Pearl Jam aren't perfect, 10c isn't perfect. I'm certainly many miles from perfect. And so is every member of this board simply because we're human.?

I didn't mention I'm no good at emoticons...what is that?!?
    Given To Live -

• Options
    I consider all PJ fans my friends! First off, you all have great taste in music! Secondly, everyone one of you that I have met at concerts and/or pre parties have always, and I mean always been incredibly friendly but finally because I'm friends with everyone until they give me a reason not to be. If this thread has offended anyone, so be it. I don't apologize for my feelings, nor should any of you!
    This is my last post on this thread, CHEER!!!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    IamTom said:

derbydave said:

IamTom said:

I didn't mention I'm no good at emoticons...what is that?!?
    ROCK ON!!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170