Options

2nd show added to Toronto with zero notification!

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    edited January 2016

BeerBaron said:

its always likew that in added shows,,same as amsterdam 2

Exactly right Dimi. This is not a new practice. No one should be surprised, PJ has been doing this for years. In fact Toronto 2 2011 was the same way.
    Are you sure about that? I remember I had a pair of tenclub tickets for one night and my ticket buddy for the other one.

He is wrong. In 2011 both shows were part of the original announcement and there were 10C tickets available for both nights. I think this was the tour where you had to buy Ten Club tickets through Ticketmaster and it was a bit of a mess.
    Turns out I am. I'll own it.
    You owe me a 4 pack of Heady Topper. That was the bet, right? :)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,991
    it sucks being shut out of a show when the band is so close to home. Keep looking in lost dogs right up to show time as there is always tickets for sale.

the sting will wear off....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Karley and Ethan's DadKarley and Ethan's Dad Cambridge, Ontario Posts: 33
    on2legs said:

ok, let's wrap this thread up. My only point was that I'm paying a membership fee so I do feel "entitled" to a little more ticket access that the average fan. You should to.

You've been a fan long enough to know Pearl Jam has never been about entitlement.
    Don't do that. I know full well what this band is about. It's the business side of this band that has me pissed. It doesn't matter what points are made here, the so called "die hards" will defend every action till their death! The whole argument was wasted on this forum. This thread has really opened my eyes to the new generation of Pearl Jam fans, that's for sure!!!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,977
    Not overreacting to a rollover show going on sale without an official 10C announcement is hardly defending every action to the death.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Don't do that. I know full well what this band is about. It's the business side of this band that has me pissed. It doesn't matter what points are made here, the so called "die hards" will defend every action till their death! The whole argument was wasted on this forum. This thread has really opened my eyes to the new generation of Pearl Jam fans, that's for sure!!!

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443

on2legs said:

ok, let's wrap this thread up. My only point was that I'm paying a membership fee so I do feel "entitled" to a little more ticket access that the average fan. You should to.

You've been a fan long enough to know Pearl Jam has never been about entitlement.
    Listen, I feel bad for you, and I agree that we should have more access to tickets than the general public. However, your message gets lost when all you have done on this forum is complain. 31 posts, and most are negative. I am sorry that you had a lousy experience with this. I hope you get to have some fun when PJ comes to town.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    that's really big, haha
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    whofeelslikeadrankwhofeelslikeadrank Posts: 2,702
    edited January 2016
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

on2legs said:

I'm 48 and it's not often I get called the new generation. Thank you :)

I wonder how 10c/PJ can 'win'? Imagine if you got what you wanted and T2 was the same as T1 and there was a lottery as is the norm and people got shut out. Maybe for the 2nd time because that is the nature of a lottery...it's a lottery.

Or there was an email and someone still got shut out. Then what?

I can hear you're upset but I truly don't see what 10c can do. IF their allocation was big enough to accommodate everyone don't you think they'd be happier? I imagine they've received a bundle of aggrieved emails, they see these posts.

I understand having a ticket in hand feels so much better. But I truly can't see a solution without fan club ticket allocations being increased and to my knowledge this is not in the hands of the band.

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    OP
    Did you put in for any shows during the lottery?
    If so, what were the results?
    I ask because your post reads like you only found out they were touring after the second show was announced and couldn't get tix.

• Options
    dogrockitdogrockit Posts: 115
    Disenchanted with 10c and will not be renewing my membership. Lottery does not appear fair to me. Some members are getting tickets to multiple shows and others get nothing. Seems obvious that they are picking member numbers and then filling their wish lists (to the extent then available). Shouldn't the goal be a system that maximizes the chances of all 10c members getting to see the band at least once on each tour?

Toronto area 10c members really got fkd this time. With only one Toronto show in the lottery, Toronto was by far the lowest odds (NYC and Philly were actually significantly higher as members had two cracks for each city). Then they add a second show with no notice to fanclub members? I got two e-mails from the band yesterday when TM tickets went on sale with no mention of a second Toronto show being added. Stood in line at TM yesterday and when got to window (around 12:05) no tickets for Tor1 and they told me there was no Tor2 show. Also no mention of Tor2 on the TM app as I was trying to get tickets for Tor1.

What makes the PJ shows great for me is the people up front who are real fans and know the music and create a great excitement and energy. IMO, I think that Tor2 will suck (like most other shows here) with non fans or casual fans having most of the GA that they bought off stubhub for exorbitant prices.
  • Options
    PJ Stole My WalletPJ Stole My Wallet Toronto Posts: 15
    edited January 2016
    What I don't understand is that NY and Philly already had this in place. They did the 10C presale for both shows in those cities. Toronto was obviously booked for both nights. They have never had an issue selling out the ACC, the Amphitheatre or any other venue around here. I beleive PJ have been paid before they even sold a ticket by the venue as the appearance fee. This had to be a live nation/MLSE stipulation that 1 of these shows didn't get allocated to the 10C.and some of their Personal Seat Licence Holders got their seats for 1 show. Otherwise why wouldn't they just do the Philly/MSG approach and give the shot to the fans who didn't win on show 1.
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    edited January 2016
    dogrockit said:

Disenchanted with 10c and will not be renewing my membership. Lottery does not appear fair to me. Some members are getting tickets to multiple shows and others get nothing. Seems obvious that they are picking member numbers and then filling their wish lists (to the extent then available). Shouldn't the goal be a system that maximizes the chances of all 10c members getting to see the band at least once on each tour?

Toronto area 10c members really got fkd this time. With only one Toronto show in the lottery, Toronto was by far the lowest odds (NYC and Philly were actually significantly higher as members had two cracks for each city). Then they add a second show with no notice to fanclub members? I got two e-mails from the band yesterday when TM tickets went on sale with no mention of a second Toronto show being added. Stood in line at TM yesterday and when got to window (around 12:05) no tickets for Tor1 and they told me there was no Tor2 show. Also no mention of Tor2 on the TM app as I was trying to get tickets for Tor1.

What makes the PJ shows great for me is the people up front who are real fans and know the music and create a great excitement and energy. IMO, I think that Tor2 will suck (like most other shows here) with non fans or casual fans having most of the GA that they bought off stubhub for exorbitant prices.

NYC and Philly members did not have two realistic cracks at each city.
    Post edited by BizzzyBozzzy on
  • Options
    dookiedookie Posts: 3

What I don't understand is that NY and Philly already had this in place. They did the 10C presale for both shows in those cities. Toronto was obviously booked for both nights. They have never had an issue selling out the ACC, the Amphitheatre or any other venue around here. I beleive PJ have been paid before they even sold a ticket by the venue as the appearance fee. This had to be a live nation/MLSE stipulation that 1 of these shows didn't get allocated to the 10C.and some of their Personal Seat Licence Holders got their seats for 1 show. Otherwise why wouldn't they just do the Philly/MSG approach and give the shot to the fans who didn't win on show 1.

the lower bowl has personal seat licenses so they probably made them have to make the second show available to them. i think pearljam has half of the lower bowl closest to the stage reserved for the fanclub. i dont know if the other venues have psls so maybe thats why they could do both shows for the club
  • Options
    dogrockit said:

Lotteries, by definition, are about chance. Conjure up whatever conspiracy you like, but the reality is that no matter what behind the scenes activity happens with that lottery, some people are going to win and some are going to lose. That's how it works, when you dial it down to our reality as 10C members. If you don't understand the risk associated with lotteries, or accept that there is a high probability you won't like the outcome, you shouldn't enter them. I can understand being pissed off about an undesired outcome (I get pissed off, too, when I don't win Super 7, and I got pissed off when I lost out on my 10C lottery choices) but that's part of the risk you take. 10C offers a chance at tickets, no more, no less.

Secondly, nobody became a die-hard fan overnight. It takes one show to convert a non fan into a casual fan, and one show to turn a casual fan into a die-hard fan. The second show will be phenomenal - it sold out in minutes and the experience is what you make it. I will be there, with non-10C seats, and will love every second of it, along with those who got 10C seats, exorbitant StubHub seats, scalped seats, or comped seats.
    "If there was a reason, it was you."

May 9, 2006 - Toronto, ON :: May 10, 2006 - Toronto, ON :: May 10, 2010 - Buffalo, NY :: September 11, 2011 - Toronto, ON :: September 15, 2011 - Hamilton, ON :: April 8, 2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL :: April 9, 2016 - Miami, FL :: May 8, 2016 - Ottawa, ON :: May 10, 2016 - Toronto, ON :: May 11, 2016 - Toronto, ON :: August 20, 2016 - Chicago, IL :: August 22, 2016 - Chicago, IL :: July 10, 2018 - Barcelona, ES :: August 8, 2018 - Seattle, WA:: August 10, 2018 - Seattle, WA ::

The best is yet to come:
    March 18, 2020 - Toronto, ON :: March 24, 2020 - Hamilton, ON
  • Options

dogrockit said:

NYC and Philly members did not have two realistic cracks at each city.
    Sure they did. Just so happens that every other member on earth had the same realistic cracks at those (and all other) cities. Nothin' wrong with that.

While I do wish my bothers to the North had SOME priority to Tor2 tix and do feel some empathy for them, posts that criticize those that DID get tickets (by whatever means/brokers and bots excluded) as "lesser fans than I," is not a good way to go here. Knowing the kind of band Pearl Jam is, I would assume that those who snagged tickets have a good reason they want to be at that (or any other0 show, and pretty damn good reasons too. To imply that my reasons for wanting to attend are more important than other people's reasons seems kind of short-sighted to me.

If there is a problem (and there is) with brokers and bots, then let's try and do something about that (uphill battle, I'm afraid, but ..) ; but turning on a fellow fan in anger because he got something that I did not, ... not cool.

BTW, one might argue that The Tor2 show is the most fair of ways of obtaining a ticket. No special treatment for anyone -- no backroom bullshit, just put 'em up and let it roll. See what's what when the dust settles. Of course brokers and bots make that a flawed argument, but ...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,423
    amsterdam 2- 2012....
    show was added the day amsterdam 1 went on public sale
    after amsterdam 2 was sold out 10c ask 10c members who scored tix at public sale fort amsterdam 2 to fill a form sent and email and they would get a wristband for early entrance as amsterdam 1
    and we get it at the box office
    amstersam 2 -2014
    show was added the day amsterdam 1 went on public sale
    nothing happen like 2012..10c didnt have wristbands,early entrance,no privelege..like toronto 2 -2016 now
    thats why they had GA to public sale at toronto 2.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    dogrockit said:

HA. I'll be in the pit on night 2. It will be show 35 for me. Not bad for a "casual fan" I guess. I'll let you know whether it sucked or not.
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141

Also can people please stop saying what the people of Toronto would've wanted/liked You aren't speaking for anyone except yourself. Not everyone who is going to the concert is from Toronto.

Yeah like what percentage of a given crowd is actually from that city? 40% tops?
    Yep, a quick look at the parking lots will bear this out. The hotels near the venues are packed with concert goers from out of town.

The only other band I ever saw with that many people who travel was the Grateful Dead. Same thing with them, parking lots filled with plates from all over. Hotels all booked with heads.
  • Options
    ^^^
    Precisely.
    This is a great forum to get heads up on places to stay near the venue from people that have been there for a concert before.
    It is amazing when a hotel is overwhelmed by PJ fans on concert day. The front desk usually is astounded.
    Whenever you check in the front desk staff say something to the effect of "Wow, you got a great rate tonight".
    And inside yourself you are saying "I know, I booked it 4mos ago"!, :smile:
    Look at the trends on expedia, etc the website prices are rising daily as concert time comes near.
    Folks, PJ has a massive following, less than 40% is a local crowd (think Saskatoon).
    Book your hotel now!
  • Options
    the local hotels will be full of out of towners because of business reasons, other shows, vacations, etc..... I really do think the percentage of out-of-towners is being very over estimated.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited January 2016

the local hotels will be full of out of towners because of business reasons, other shows, vacations, etc..... I really do think the percentage of out-of-towners is being very over estimated.

I don't think it's being overestimated but in a city the size of Toronto it has virtually no impact on hotels etc. There are arena and/or stadium events most night of the week. People who haven't been here in a few years will be amazed at the amount of growth that has occured.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,496
    Does anyone know what a lottery actually is? It's a random assignment of tickets. That means some people get none, some people get one show, and some people won a handful. The purpose of the lottery was never meant to be that everyone wins an equal amount. By the nature of a lottery there will be winners and losers. I really think people just assumed they were going to win and don't actually understand how a random assignment of tickets works.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,536
    Vedd Hedd said:

I think everyone is looking too deep into this. This 2nd show was added just like any other 2nd show i have ever seen for any other band. Its standard procedure. My guess is, the contract pj signed with tm had the stipulation that tm would sell all the tix for the 2nd show. In exchange, pj gets thousands of tickets to allocate for its fan club for all the other shows.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    I was lucky enough to get tickets for both shows. However, I don't think 10c sending an email and announcing the concert on the website within seconds of the actual tickets going on sale count as an announcement. Sadly, I think that no matter how tickets are sold, lottery or not, a lot of tickets are going to the wrong people. Toronto is not a fan friendly city. It's all money and status, fans are getting priced out of everything.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    first time in years i had a crack at the best seats in the house for toronto 2. level playing field. as i have stated before if you paid attention to all the credible information out here as some of us did you would have been on top of it as well. they can't spoon feed everyone. buying tickets was like a kid in the candy store. i am going to enjoy every moment . looking at the tickets makes me smile. i don't know when i will ever have that kind of opportunity again. too much negativity. use your energy toi figure out ways of getting tickets . thats what i do when i am shut out or a band rolls over a second show without my permission.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    dimi you rule
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 513
    edited January 2016
    If you're determined enough, you'll get tickets. Bottom line. I've gone to more high demand shows without tickets than with and I've always ended up scoring. In 2013 I went to Philly and MSG with only one pair of tix for Philly N2 and ended up with good seats to all 4 shows. It will happen if you want it enough, but not gonna fall in your lap, you gotta work for it. Whiners need to spend less time bitching and more time looking for tickets. I just bought a pair of Ottawa seats today for the sole purpose of trading for toronto. If I can't find a trade, they'll get sold to a 10clubber in need. It's karma, and it works really well.
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle N2
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890

Anyone else find this to be complete horseshit!?! How can this band, the band that has historically stood up for the true fans, add a second show with no notice or chance for 10c tickets!?! Seems like there were fuck all 10c tix to be had for the first show to boot! Every name that never got drawn for the first show should have automatically been up for draw on the second date!
    P.S. Anyone that says "you're not entitled to 10c tickets as we all know it's the luck of the draw" is insane IMO! 10c members pay annual fees for the privilege of having first grabs at tickets and some 45 record and a "deep" magazine. If I'm not getting tickets this 10c is completely useless to me, just a waste of money! I personally know a dozen 10c members in my area and not a single one got tickets through the draw!!! How is that even possible when all of us got tickets the last time PJ was in Toronto? My guess is a greatly reduced # of 10c tickets available. (Anyone with facts please feel free to enlighten me with the numbers of how the tickets were divide out for sale).
    When I heard about this tour I was as excited as I have been about anything in the past few years, now I'm left feeling disappointed and pissed off!
    So long 10c, when you were run for the true fans you were awesome!

You realize in this world you are owed nothing....
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 292
    dogrockit said:

Disenchanted with 10c and will not be renewing my membership. Lottery does not appear fair to me.

Awesome! I just moved up a slot!!

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville