Options

2nd show added to Toronto with zero notification!

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Swordo said:

I just don't get why people are so bent out of shape. This sort of thing happens ALL the time

I'm not bent out of shape or anything, I have my tickets but I have never seen this happen before for a PJ show.
    I did see that someone mentioned it happened one time in Amsterdam I think which is hardly all the time.

How many times have you seen PJ do this all the time?
    night 2 msg 98 was a roll over show with zero warning. we heard on the radio that they added a show so we drove to our nearest ticketmaster outlet and scored tickets.
    Oh so it does happen ALL the time. Back in 98 when the internet was kinda new. Nobody should of been surprised then. We should have figured since they did it in 98 it was bound to happen again...everybody that didn't figure this out is just out of the loop. It happens ALL the time people!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,488
    edited January 2016
    The possibility of a roll over show was posted on this forum days ahead of time. Everyone here knew it was likely to happen. So unless you're someone who only comes here to complain after you miss out on tickets you definitely had some advance warning.

Ive been shut out on Ed solo tickets every tour but one show. It's not the end of the world.
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mrk2 said:

There's thousands of people logged on to Ticketmaster at the moment the 2nd show is announced. Potential customers and huge demand, but no, they need to cater to a bunch of whiny entitled clubbers first.

The only reason to be still logged on to ticketmaster is if you didn't already check out with your other shows tickets like I just happened to be. No other reason to be hanging out on the ticketmaster site.

There were more people at work or whatever that had no idea this show was going to be going on sale. And whiny or not those "clubbers" do pay money to be in this club. Most of them for tickets and tour info.

Any person with common sense should get their point. Like I said I do have all my tickets and am happy about that but I also feel for the folks that had no idea about this second show. A lot of them lost out on the lottery for the first show and then to be SURPRISED with a second show that has already sold out when they get home from work is just a kick in the junk.

Then they come on here and post their frustrations and get called whiny, spoiled, entitled. Shoulda known this happens all the time like once back in 98 and once or twice in another country. All the time, this always happens it's very very common.

Yes there were rumors but there are always rumors and they are not always true.

Since none of the 10 clubbers knew about this one I bet the scalpers got even more of this shows tickets than the first one. There was much less competition online for them.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    on2legs said:

The possibility of a roll over show was posted on this forum days ahead of time. Everyone here knew it was likely to happen. So unless you're someone who only comes here to complain after you miss out on tickets you definitely had some advance warning.

Ive been shut out on Ed solo tickets every tour but one show. It's not the end of the world.

Yes there were advance rumors.
    And Mikey died from eating pop rocks and drinking pepsi too.

Complaining about missing out on tickets to a show you knew was for sure happening and not being able to get tickets while at least being able to try is whining.

Not being told for sure there is going to be a show is a legitimate gripe. JMHO
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    This has happened with many bands but specifically it has happened with this band before and I'm not talking about in 98. I'm talking as recent as a few years ago.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    Half of Eddie's 2012 solo tour was unannounced rollover shows that went on sale immediately as the first show sold out. I don't remember being surprised or outraged that day. I remember being excited.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Half of Eddie's 2012 solo tour was unannounced rollover shows that went on sale immediately as the first show sold out. I don't remember being surprised or outraged that day. I remember being excited.

I'm outraged that you weren't outraged.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971

JimmyV said:

I'm outraged that you weren't outraged.
    I am truly outrageous.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    on2legs said:

meczynsj said:

on2legs said:

1) there was only going to be a second show if the first one sold out including all the crappy upper level seats and the behind the stage seats.

2)the first show would never have sold out of said crappy seats if the band confirmed there was going to be a second show. Everyone one would have avoided buying said crappy seats and just waited for the second show to go on sale. Which never would have happened because the first show wouldn't have sold out.

Wrong. Both shows are completely sold out..."crappy" seats and all.
    Nevermind.
    :lol:

I literally just hung up with TM to confirm my first purchase cuz the app took a puke. Lowered my phone from my ear to see the tweet in my notification bar. My mouth dropped haha and then I was like ok here we go again. I had a helluva time with TM with both shows. Had tix a couple times on the website and had error after error everytime I got to the final confirm screen. Booo!

But I have tix now and I was bitter until I had them :lol: And that means just bitter in general - not at anyone just bitter at my luck.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    FoxyRedLa said:

on2legs said:

meczynsj said:

on2legs said:

1) there was only going to be a second show if the first one sold out including all the crappy upper level seats and the behind the stage seats.

2)the first show would never have sold out of said crappy seats if the band confirmed there was going to be a second show. Everyone one would have avoided buying said crappy seats and just waited for the second show to go on sale. Which never would have happened because the first show wouldn't have sold out.

Nevermind.

I literally just hung up with TM to confirm my first purchase cuz the app took a puke. Lowered my phone from my ear to see the tweet in my notification bar. My mouth dropped haha and then I was like ok here we go again. I had a helluva time with TM with both shows. Had tix a couple times on the website and had error after error everytime I got to the final confirm screen. Booo!

But I have tix now and I was bitter until I had them :lol: And that means just bitter in general - not at anyone just bitter at my luck.
    Glad you scored tickets...
    See you in Toronto!!! :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    I'm super pumped about the second show! I do question why when you know a show is probably 95 percent gonna happen u wouldn't just give a heads up to the fan club and give them an inside edge to beat the scalping crew. Doesn't matter to me because where I live I have to travel for every single show I see so Rock on! Congrats to all the peeps who scored some tickets and if anyone has any extras I would be very grateful. So amped to see the boys in May!!!!!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    derbydave said:

FoxyRedLa said:

on2legs said:

meczynsj said:

on2legs said:

Nevermind.

Glad you scored tickets...
    See you in Toronto!!! :plus_one:
    Thanks Dave! Looking forward to it!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Karley and Ethan's DadKarley and Ethan's Dad Cambridge, Ontario Posts: 33
    ok, let's wrap this thread up. My only point was that I'm paying a membership fee so I do feel "entitled" to a little more ticket access that the average fan. You should to. I was/am pissy that I missed out on decent seats for the first show (although I did get nose bleeds) and extremely disappointed that I missed out on the second show all together! This band has been a VERY important part of my life for a VERY long time. When I go to a concert it is a Pearl Jam concert, when you get in my car the station is locked on channel 22, I have 1650 songs on my iPhone, 1445 are Pearl Jam songs, my licence plates are "JUSBRETH" and I got my PJ tattoo in 1993. I'm not a part time fan, I'm as loyal to this band as ANYONE. I was bouncing off my head when I got confirmation of this tour (ask my wife, it was driving her crazy) and all I got was upper level nose bleeds for one show. So ya, I vented, I'm still venting but I will get over it. I will be 19 years old again on May 10th. I will be tilting many with some of you at "the Loose Moose" (I presume).
    Sorry to start this thread that has turned to name calling and insults...pretty sad really. I've never met any PJ fan face to face who acted this way.
    If anyone hears of any level 100 or GA tix that become available for May 11th I would love a heads up ;)
    Cheers friends ✌️❤️PJ
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    on2legs said:

:clap:

That is just brilliant and 100% spot on.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

on2legs said:

:clap:

That is just brilliant and 100% spot on.
    This is not "brilliant" nor is it "100% spot on"! There was no confirmation of a second show from a legit source. There was no time frame given for the sale of second show tickets not to mention that some of us do not live on this board. I have a job, a family and many other commitments that keep me off my computer or phone looking/waiting/praying for an additional show to be added because someone posted that it may be a possibility. I will admit that I did come in here to rant but I did that because I feel like a lot of fans feel the same way I do (as supported on this thread).
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,364
    They announced it on all of their social media accounts, and on pearljam.com. Stop saying they didn't announce it, because it's simply not true.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    Heavily rumored show =/= knowing when it will go on sale. I work full time, as do many on here. It's not quite that simple.
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753

Heavily rumored show =/= knowing when it will go on sale. I work full time, as do many on here. It's not quite that simple.

Well then I'm sure your employer has been impressed with the amount of time you've spent on this forum this week flooding threads bitching about not getting tickets. One would think you would have noticed the thread on the first page about a venue employee confirming a second show. I had no intention of going but it was obvious it was a possibility. Rollover shows are not a new practice. Sometimes they happen, sometimes not. There was smoke this time and turns out there was fire.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,088
    edited January 2016
    Has no one mentioned in this thread that back in 2005 Pearl Jam also added a 2nd night @ St. John's, Newfoundland? No? And that there were no 10club tickets to that show.

For many that don't know where Newfoundland is, it's a province on the East Coast of Canada. So ...

There has been posts & threads few day's back of a possible 2nd show added. You can't ignore this or get mad. You should get excited. Freak out. Be happy that there is a 2nd show to be added. Seriously you're posting on the official 10club board. There are so many folks here that post info & rumors of what's happening before anything official is posted by management. You must know this by now.

This following post quoted below alone makes you wanna keep an eye on that thread & F5 Ticketmaster on Friday like I was since 12pm EST waiting for that 2nd show to pop up over @ http://www.ticketmaster.ca/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&user_input=pearl+jam+toronto&q=pearl+jam+toronto .

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249517/2nd-toronto-show-confirmed-by-venue/p1
    jl124590 said:

After getting shut out of the Toronto drawing I contacted the Air Canada Centre to enquire about the cost / availability of a box suite for May 10th. I was told that I could be put on the wait list for the 2nd Show taking place on May 11th. $6500 is a little out of my price range, but let's hope this info pans out and they announce this second show soon.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    RP112579 said:

They announced it on all of their social media accounts, and on pearljam.com. Stop saying they didn't announce it, because it's simply not true.

Stop talking sense. There were victims here. VICTIMS.

9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    subpoprockcitysubpoprockcity Posts: 241
    edited January 2016

Well then I'm sure your employer has been impressed with the amount of time you've spent on this forum this week flooding threads bitching about not getting tickets. One would think you would have noticed the thread on the first page about a venue employee confirming a second show. I had no intention of going but it was obvious it was a possibility. Rollover shows are not a new practice. Sometimes they happen, sometimes not. There was smoke this time and turns out there was fire.

respectfully, there were days this week I was not working, so this wasn't a factor. Additionally, I was one of several that posted that a venue employee confirmed the second show. What that friend of mine did not know what the public on sale date for the 2nd show.

What I was getting at was that a confirmed show with limited warning about when the tickets go on sale is what the issue is for many in here.

I would appreciate it if from hereon out you didn't go after me personally because we disagree and there are others on here who you disagree with. Thanks.
    Post edited by subpoprockcity on
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,364
    edited January 2016
    RP112579 said:

Stop talking sense. There were victims here. VICTIMS.

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

You're obviously the only one that works full time. Tha

No, that's not what I said. But as you can see in this thread and others, this was a challenging factor for many.

As I indicated above, if you have an issue with me personally for whatever reason, don't discuss it here. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    It is pitiful and sad what has become of this forum since the lottery and tm onsale. Makes me cringe that these are grown adults, yes I said grown adults bitching, whining, crying and moaning over concert tickets. Here's an idea and I hope one that never comes to fruition, imagine 10c stops getting tickets for any future shows. Let that sink in for minute.
  • Options
    Do any of you "super forum" people know how to delete a thread or at least stop getting notifications from one. This is getting annoying. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2016

Do any of you "super forum" people know how to delete a thread or at least stop getting notifications from one. This is getting annoying. Thanks for the help.

Click your avatar. Click "edit profile" on the right hand side. (Box with a gear, if memory serves.) You will see a menu to your left. Click notification preferences. I have everything flipped to "pop up." No more e-mails.

I agree. All of those notifications can absolutely suck.
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Click your avatar. Click "edit profile" on the right hand side. (Box with a gear, if memory serves.) You will see a menu to your left. Click notification preferences. I have everything flipped to "pop up." No more e-mails.

I agree. All of those notifications can absolutely suck.
    Thanks for your help :-)
    Peace ✌️
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Holy crap...multiple members, myself included, were given confirmed quotes by the ACC on suite prices for the second show....$6500 plus tax for 12 tickets. This was posted on here. It was not a "rumour". Did we know the exact on sale date/time? No but because we KNEW a show was coming we hung around on ticketmaster for only an extra half hour. Everybody on 10C had this opportunity. Now that I think about it this might have been the best possible onsale format...no selection by draw...no selection by seniority...it was a self-selection of those who actively tried to be in the know.
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179

Anyone else find this to be complete horseshit!?! How can this band, the band that has historically stood up for the true fans, add a second show with no notice or chance for 10c tickets!?! Seems like there were fuck all 10c tix to be had for the first show to boot! Every name that never got drawn for the first show should have automatically been up for draw on the second date!
    P.S. Anyone that says "you're not entitled to 10c tickets as we all know it's the luck of the draw" is insane IMO! 10c members pay annual fees for the privilege of having first grabs at tickets and some 45 record and a "deep" magazine. If I'm not getting tickets this 10c is completely useless to me, just a waste of money! I personally know a dozen 10c members in my area and not a single one got tickets through the draw!!! How is that even possible when all of us got tickets the last time PJ was in Toronto? My guess is a greatly reduced # of 10c tickets available. (Anyone with facts please feel free to enlighten me with the numbers of how the tickets were divide out for sale).
    When I heard about this tour I was as excited as I have been about anything in the past few years, now I'm left feeling disappointed and pissed off!
    So long 10c, when you were run for the true fans you were awesome!

• Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
    I completely agree. No notice, no presale, nothing ... Not worth my $50 a year, at least not anymore. I will try for tickets day of the show, that's all I can do