Options

2nd show added to Toronto with zero notification!

Comments

• Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    Ticketmaster tickets were $87 and change, plus a $2 fee and a damn $15 fee.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,972
    PJ_Soul said:

There is a second show, and that is awesome. Second shows are announced suddenly after the first show has sold out ALL THE TIME. Standard operating procedure, really. 10C members aren't PJ's ONLY priority. They might have accommodated members in the past for this kind of thing, but I don't think it's surprising that they didn't this time. I'm sure they are perfectly happy for a whole show to be released to the general public, and 10C is under no obligation here. And as already mentioned, the 2nd show was announced by 10C on social media.

Well said pjsoul
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

its always likew that in added shows,,same as amsterdam 2

Exactly right Dimi. This is not a new practice. No one should be surprised, PJ has been doing this for years. In fact Toronto 2 2011 was the same way.
    Are you sure about that? I remember I had a pair of tenclub tickets for one night and my ticket buddy for the other one.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Also, yeah I can understand the frustration. But I have to say the communication platforms worked awesomely with this. I was just done with night 1 when I got messages from friends who did bnot try for tickets as well as a notification in the ticketmaster app. I even reserved my hotel rooms based on the rumours months ago, and now I am all sorted. I never did it this planned, but I am happy about it now.
    It seemed awfully hard to score anything this time around. I feel with everyone who had to try for more than one of the larger markets. But look around here, there are always people with spares. If you want to be in the building, you can. For face value.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,691
    edited January 2016

PJ_Soul said:

There is a second show, and that is awesome. Second shows are announced suddenly after the first show has sold out ALL THE TIME. Standard operating procedure, really. 10C members aren't PJ's ONLY priority. They might have accommodated members in the past for this kind of thing, but I don't think it's surprising that they didn't this time. I'm sure they are perfectly happy for a whole show to be released to the general public, and 10C is under no obligation here. And as already mentioned, the 2nd show was announced by 10C on social media.

The past I remember, the second shows were announced like days or weeks after the first show had overwhelming demand and the schedule allowed a date to be added. I usually always received email notifications of a second date being added.

So what you are saying is they decided to say fuck you 10 club members we want to try and trick you out of a show by not announcing it.

I doubt that but they obviously knew this was gonna happen so maybe you are right.

Maybe it's all the complaining on here...lol
    No, that isn't what I'm saying, because I don't think it should be taken so personally. I don't think 10C ever says "fuck you 10 club members". They just make decisions that work best for whatever reason. For all we know, the venue or TM refused to release any more club tix. I have no idea, but whatever the reasoning, it is what it is.
    One thing this highlights for me, though, is 10C's lack of casual, informative communication with the members just so we have a clue. I.e., just a post on the boards saying, "Hey, this is why there weren't any 10C tix for that sale that just happened." (or hey, this is how many Avocados were pressed, fyi!). I don't know why 10C doesn't communicate on that level with us usually (except for a post here and there from Santos about ltd sales when people are making a big enough stink). They should talk to us in a friendly way like that more. But anyway, besides that, I don't think a sudden 2nd show sale that doesn't have 10C tix is anything to be angry about because obviously there is a reason for that, whether we know what it is or not.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,414

its always likew that in added shows,,same as amsterdam 2

Has it really "always" been that way? That's a big word.

And I am really asking, i've never had t happen in a city I was going to a show so I don't know.
    its standar system always..with pj and other bands
    if the show is sold out right away , the band is ok ,the venue is free that date
    its last show of tour,no need the gear to transfer to rhe next show..venue had the date open and no need to have a set up for the next show of a next band or a sport event
    usually happen at ther beggining or the end of tour
    they dont announce it..after a few minutes they add the show during all try to find tickets..they have the customers right there to sell tickets
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well said pjsoul
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,496
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

The past I remember, the second shows were announced like days or weeks after the first show had overwhelming demand and the schedule allowed a date to be added. I usually always received email notifications of a second date being added.

So what you are saying is they decided to say fuck you 10 club members we want to try and trick you out of a show by not announcing it.

I doubt that but they obviously knew this was gonna happen so maybe you are right.

Maybe it's all the complaining on here...lol
    No, that isn't what I'm saying, because I don't think it should be taken so personally. I don't think 10C ever says "fuck you 10 club members". They just make decisions that work best for whatever reason. For all we know, the venue or TM refused to release any more club tix. I have no idea, but whatever the reasoning, it is what it is.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    edited January 2016
    People, please take a deep breath and count your blessings. Life goes on. And do you really think the band would have done this out of the blue. I can hear the conversation now
    Stone, "Hey Ed, lets do something completely different this tour. Something totally out of character for us and something that may make people question our integrity for no real reason at all. What do you think?
    Ed " can't see how we lose SG."
    I'm sure how that how it all went down.
    A little miffed i was shut out of the second all together, just the same.
    By the way, Toronto is a very expensive place run by a lot of greasy lawyer types with big fuckin money. These creeps probably had everything to do with this.

Rock on PJ, See you for the opening hat-trick anyway.(The greasy lawyers will get your scalp money if you buy off the street or the hub, so I'm just gonna throw the bird to the lawyers and count my blessing on the hat-trick....what a fcukin blessing!)

In joyous part
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

In all fairness despite the fact that rumours of night 2 were abundant on these boards, there were also people (myself included) who didnt think they'd be put up so clandestinely, shortly after general sale opened. However, I was prepared for that to happen and thanks to my buddy we scored tickets for both nights.
    Now I understand you've got kids, you've got work and you've got life. You can't be online reading every rumour. But the way they sold tickets for the second night is an extremely effective business practice that hasn't been done for the first time or the last. The tickets sold in majority in a matter of moments. It's the way it is man. And as much as we want the band and 10c to make the concerts revolve around us, this is a million dollar business we're talking about here. It's not like fans are being hung out to dry - far from it. This is just the way the concert business works for better or worse.

This, exactly. The public sale for night one sort of had night 2 as a surprise in case there were no tickets left. Kind of thought there would be *slightly more notice* on an official level for night two's public sale.
    Subpop, were you by chance able to get tickets? Hoping you were able to.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,977
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well said pjsoul
    Cosigned.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Hey everyone I just pulled up a single for night 2 at 6:22 PM. I let it swim because I'm all set, but if you still need one....
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    I remember when they did this for Amsterdam '14.

How dare they???? Give us all a second show and make 1000s of people happy? Outrageous! ;)

I loved it. Refresh. No 10c tix, no big deal. Another Pearl Jam show, awesome.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. And any time the band wants to double down on a city I'm headed to see them...please feel free cos all you'll get from me is HUGE THANKS.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    IamTom said:

I remember when they did this for Amsterdam '14.

How dare they???? Give us all a second show and make 1000s of people happy? Outrageous! ;)

I loved it. Refresh. No 10c tix, no big deal. Another Pearl Jam show, awesome.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. And any time the band wants to double down on a city I'm headed to see them...please feel free cos all you'll get from me is HUGE THANKS.

i wish they play 2 shows in greece and never announce it but the day of the show!!!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,977
    It's a rollover show. Happens all the time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,496
    TalonTedd said:

People, please take a deep breath and count your blessings. Life goes on. And do you really think the band would have done this out of the blue. I can hear the conversation now
    Stone, "Hey Ed, lets do something completely different this tour. Something totally out of character for us and something that may make people question our integrity for no real reason at all. What do you think?
    Ed " can't see how we lose SG."
    I'm sure how that how it all went down.
    A little miffed i was shut out of the second all together, just the same.
    By the way, Toronto is a very expensive place run by a lot of greasy lawyer types with big fuckin money. These creeps probably had everything to do with this.

Rock on PJ, See you for the opening hat-trick anyway.(The greasy lawyers will get your scalp money if you buy off the street or the hub, so I'm just gonna throw the bird to the lawyers and count my blessing on the hat-trick....what a fcukin blessing!)

In joyous part

So what you're saying is... It's Stone's fault?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jmug23 said:

In all fairness despite the fact that rumours of night 2 were abundant on these boards, there were also people (myself included) who didnt think they'd be put up so clandestinely, shortly after general sale opened. However, I was prepared for that to happen and thanks to my buddy we scored tickets for both nights.
    Now I understand you've got kids, you've got work and you've got life. You can't be online reading every rumour. But the way they sold tickets for the second night is an extremely effective business practice that hasn't been done for the first time or the last. The tickets sold in majority in a matter of moments. It's the way it is man. And as much as we want the band and 10c to make the concerts revolve around us, this is a million dollar business we're talking about here. It's not like fans are being hung out to dry - far from it. This is just the way the concert business works for better or worse.

This, exactly. The public sale for night one sort of had night 2 as a surprise in case there were no tickets left. Kind of thought there would be *slightly more notice* on an official level for night two's public sale.
    nope, no 10c tickets, no TM tickets. Disappointed. Tried my best with TM, no dice.
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 243
    Thanks PJ, I'm a 10 club member as it's the easiest way to get tickets and then you drop this extra Toronto show with no chance for members to purchase tickets? What a slap in the face. I have a job which I'm not able to access phone/ internet so had no chance to purchase tickets so now if I want to go to second show I'm forced to pay scalper prices. Once again thanks Pearl Jam.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,691
    jhager79 said:

Thanks PJ, I'm a 10 club member as it's the easiest way to get tickets and then you drop this extra Toronto show with no chance for members to purchase tickets? What a slap in the face. I have a job which I'm not able to access phone/ internet so had no chance to purchase tickets so now if I want to go to second show I'm forced to pay scalper prices. Once again thanks Pearl Jam.

What if it's not even their decision?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

jmug23 said:

nope, no 10c tickets, no TM tickets. Disappointed. Tried my best with TM, no dice.
    Man sorry to hear that. I had no idea TM would be so difficult to get tickets. Hopefully someone on here will have a stair for you.
  • Options
    Karley and Ethan's DadKarley and Ethan's Dad Cambridge, Ontario Posts: 33
    End of the day it their band, their fans, their responsibility. Would have killed them to at the very least send a notification out to all of their 10c members right before the second show was added to give us all a fair shot? Fuck it...whatever!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Is it that much of a problem that a band dropped an unannounced show onto TM? A surprise show? It's an extra show. You would think that people would be happy rather than bitching about it.

First world problem, y'all. First world problem.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 207
    Guess I should have paid more attention as I was picking waterfalls and street signs for a half hour on ticketmaster for the the first show haha. Shut out for both but I'll be there........plus there's so many good deals on stub hub!!
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 243
    I doubt that very much. Ticket Master/ ACC still gets paid either way so really nothing gained for them. Announce 2nd show after 1st sells out or at least give 10c members some heads up even day before. But I'm just a fan who will be paying through the nose for 2nd show.
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    3 year old
  • Options
    Name calling...really? Lol
  • Options
    You big bully :€
  • Options
    dmacdmac Posts: 23
    Everyone that's pissed off, has a valid reason for being pissed off. We tried very hard to to obtain tickets to the first show and were unsuccessful both with the presale and today with the public.

Aside from the mobile app crashing on me (ticketmaster get your fkn sht together) there was absolutely no notice that there was a second show/sale ... nothing popped up on the website, or mobile app. There should have been at the very least a listing of the 2nd show and when it was going on sale while we were trying to obtain the first show's tickets.

As far as 10c members - those that weren't able to obtain through the draw should have been first in line for this show.

So, it's great and all that people can come on here and tell others to relax, but those that missed out on account of lack of communication have a reason to be pissed off.
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more!!!
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,352
    Notification would have been nice. If I/we get shut out via Ticketmaster's site then that would sting.... That site and the ticket market in general is mind blowing, so when getting shut out via that route - I don't think anyone is really surprised anymore.

However, paying for fanclub/insider access should provide me with information as to when shows will go on sale. I'm fully aware that I'm not guaranteed tickets.... But to not even be notified that tickets are going on sale for a second show is unsettling.

We happened to check this forum tonight..... Imagine the backlash, both quiet and loud, when other fanclub members hear that a second show was added without so much as fanclub notification.

'Happy for those of you who got tickets for either show.