Options

2nd show added to Toronto with zero notification!

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Vedd Hedd said:

BS44325 said:

very good call BS44325
    bingo indeed! i'm glad the MLSE season ticket subscribers got shafted on this 2nd show. most of them are not fans of the band so for all of those tickets all go to scalpers.
    and my seats in section 118(row 8) for the 2nd show are indeed platinum level tickets, which if anyone has been to the acc knows that's where most of the hockey season ticket holders sit

Thank you weddingparade

To add some additional circumstantial evidence...check out the re-sale tickets available on Stubhub for both nights.

Show 1: There are many lower row seats (including row 1) in section 118 for resale ...these are season ticket holder seats that are obviously being flipped.

Show 2: The lowest row available for resale in the same section is row 12.

Why the difference? Show 2 lower row seats were bought by fans who actually want to go to the show and are not looking to flip.

Once again I insist that PJ did us a favour by selling show 2 the way they did.

I agree with you...except for one thing...I dont think it was PJ that did it this way. I think you can thank ticketmaster for that.

Sounds creepy, right? Thanking Ticketmaster? But they want to stop the bots and shenanigans as much as anyone.
    Negotiations go down between the two entities that we can't even begin to comprehend
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    BS44325 said:

Vedd Hedd said:

BS44325 said:

very good call BS44325
    bingo indeed! i'm glad the MLSE season ticket subscribers got shafted on this 2nd show. most of them are not fans of the band so for all of those tickets all go to scalpers.
    and my seats in section 118(row 8) for the 2nd show are indeed platinum level tickets, which if anyone has been to the acc knows that's where most of the hockey season ticket holders sit

Thank you weddingparade

To add some additional circumstantial evidence...check out the re-sale tickets available on Stubhub for both nights.

Show 1: There are many lower row seats (including row 1) in section 118 for resale ...these are season ticket holder seats that are obviously being flipped.

Show 2: The lowest row available for resale in the same section is row 12.

Why the difference? Show 2 lower row seats were bought by fans who actually want to go to the show and are not looking to flip.

Once again I insist that PJ did us a favour by selling show 2 the way they did.

I agree with you...except for one thing...I dont think it was PJ that did it this way. I think you can thank ticketmaster for that.

Sounds creepy, right? Thanking Ticketmaster? But they want to stop the bots and shenanigans as much as anyone.
    Negotiations go down between the two entities that we can't even begin to comprehend
    Yeah, indeed. Its likely both are to thank for that, actually. Either way, those that suspected this would happen, saw it happen, and it happened. And most of those tickets seemed to have gotten into the hands of fans. Or at least....more than the other shows.

This is what sucks about f5, though. You just never know, and have to sit there and try and try and try. at least that night 2....it was fairly easy for me to get GA.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091

I won't be making Toronto but if you make your way to Philly I can make sure you get at least one in your hand :)

Even more incentive to look for Philly #2 tickets :)

1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    bs44325 you have it right on the money. your thoughts on this are pretty much right on. because of your info i'm in 118 but even lower than the previous post who had 8. we would NEVER i repeat NEVER get those seats for this show or any other. most of those are platinum seat holder seats who have first call on them. i am a long time concert veteran of toronto. first show 1973. this was a real gift.