Options

2nd show added to Toronto with zero notification!

Karley and Ethan's DadKarley and Ethan's Dad Cambridge, Ontario Posts: 33
Anyone else find this to be complete horseshit!?! How can this band, the band that has historically stood up for the true fans, add a second show with no notice or chance for 10c tickets!?! Seems like there were fuck all 10c tix to be had for the first show to boot! Every name that never got drawn for the first show should have automatically been up for draw on the second date!
P.S. Anyone that says "you're not entitled to 10c tickets as we all know it's the luck of the draw" is insane IMO! 10c members pay annual fees for the privilege of having first grabs at tickets and some 45 record and a "deep" magazine. If I'm not getting tickets this 10c is completely useless to me, just a waste of money! I personally know a dozen 10c members in my area and not a single one got tickets through the draw!!! How is that even possible when all of us got tickets the last time PJ was in Toronto? My guess is a greatly reduced # of 10c tickets available. (Anyone with facts please feel free to enlighten me with the numbers of how the tickets were divide out for sale).
When I heard about this tour I was as excited as I have been about anything in the past few years, now I'm left feeling disappointed and pissed off!
So long 10c, when you were run for the true fans you were awesome!

Comments

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,379
    My guess is this was a stipulation of the venue. You want fan club tix show 1, we get all of show 2.

I was at both Toronto shows in 2011 on the floor with 10Club tix. This year I was shut out of first night, no notice on 2nd.

Im not happy about that either, but I truly belive PJ did what they could do for all of us.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,002
    Anyone who reads this forum has known about the 2nd Toronto shows for days.
  • Options
    And...this has nothing to do with my post!
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,364

And...this has nothing to do with my post!

It was announced on their social media pages, and on this website.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942

Anyone else find this to be complete horseshit!?! How can this band, the band that has historically stood up for the true fans, add a second show with no notice or chance for 10c tickets!?! Seems like there were fuck all 10c tix to be had for the first show to boot! Every name that never got drawn for the first show should have automatically been up for draw on the second date!
    P.S. Anyone that says "you're not entitled to 10c tickets as we all know it's the luck of the draw" is insane IMO! 10c members pay annual fees for the privilege of having first grabs at tickets and some 45 record and a "deep" magazine. If I'm not getting tickets this 10c is completely useless to me, just a waste of money! I personally know a dozen 10c members in my area and not a single one got tickets through the draw!!! How is that even possible when all of us got tickets the last time PJ was in Toronto? My guess is a greatly reduced # of 10c tickets available. (Anyone with facts please feel free to enlighten me with the numbers of how the tickets were divide out for sale).
    When I heard about this tour I was as excited as I have been about anything in the past few years, now I'm left feeling disappointed and pissed off!
    So long 10c, when you were run for the true fans you were awesome!

No, actually, anyone that says "I AM entitled to 10C tickets as I knew these were the terms and conditions when I signed up and ignored them, expecting to be treated differently" is insane.

Simple formula: When Demand > Supply, Demand - Supply = Disappointed Fans
    How is it possible that you didn't get tickets? A number of ways:
    1) Supply could have decreased
    2) Demand could have increased
    3) The basic laws of probability which govern a lottery didn't work in your favour. You might as well scream at a dice, when you hoped to roll a six on a dice three times in a row, then it didn't pan out.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I think your missing my point and I'm far too frustrated at the moment to try and explain it again. Still love the band (have since 91), hate that the business side of them is taking over :(
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,023
    All people got tickets last time in Toronto?

The last time that happened was 2006. The 2009 and 2011 shows were very tough to get fan club tickets for.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm not saying all people did, I said everyone I know did. My point was the number of 10c available this time around has changed dramatically it would appear or this is the largest coincidence I've ever experienced.
  • Options
    drew76drew76 Posts: 18
    RS65573 said:

My guess is this was a stipulation of the venue. You want fan club tix show 1, we get all of show 2.

I was at both Toronto shows in 2011 on the floor with 10Club tix. This year I was shut out of first night, no notice on 2nd.

Im not happy about that either, but I truly belive PJ did what they could do for all of us.

same for me in 2011 and this lottery, after 30 min of trying for show 1 today I stopped, grabbed a coffee, reloaded the ticketmaster website not just the event page and did a double take when I saw the second show, grabbed the 1st set that came up sec 120.....my gf was trying to get tix also with no luck I had already given her the heads up about having to resort to overpriced resellers....

All in all it was the first time I had been shutout in 3 lotteries and I only tried for this 1 show this time so no complaints here.....
    Toronto - 05
    Toronto1- 06
    Toronto - 09
    Toronto1,2 -11
    Hamilton -11
    London -13
    Philly1,2 -13
    Toronto 1,2 - 16
    Hamilton - 22
    Toronto - 22
  • Options
    I'm happy for everyone who was lucky in the draw :) They love Toronto and ALWAYS put on killer shows here :)
  • Options
    In all fairness despite the fact that rumours of night 2 were abundant on these boards, there were also people (myself included) who didnt think they'd be put up so clandestinely, shortly after general sale opened. However, I was prepared for that to happen and thanks to my buddy we scored tickets for both nights.
    Now I understand you've got kids, you've got work and you've got life. You can't be online reading every rumour. But the way they sold tickets for the second night is an extremely effective business practice that hasn't been done for the first time or the last. The tickets sold in majority in a matter of moments. It's the way it is man. And as much as we want the band and 10c to make the concerts revolve around us, this is a million dollar business we're talking about here. It's not like fans are being hung out to dry - far from it. This is just the way the concert business works for better or worse.
  • Options
    Fair comment....just extremely frustrated! ✌️❤️
  • Options
    I'm not saying anyone is entitled to get 10club tickets but the band had to know they were planning a second show so everyone should have been notified that indeed a second show would be going on sale through ticketmaster only.

It is a little douchbaggish of them to keep that part a secret. I love them just as much as everyone else, maybe even more than some but am disappointed that they did not let everyone know about this.

Yes I know it has been RUMORED for days but a RUMOR is not concrete and I doubt anyone considered the rumor to be solid.

All that being said...I was lucky enough to get all the tickets I needed to both but I would have never known about the second show had I not been on the ticketmaster site trying to get tickets for a friend at the time the second show magically appeared.

Also I didn't reserve any hotels for the two nights and finding out at the last minute kinda messes with advance travel plans as well.

Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    That's my point! Thank you!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    I am not going to Toronto....so I didn't miss out on any tickets...

And I do think it was weird to put Night 2 on sale like that. I would assume they'd offer 10C tickets....but even if they didn't, I would assume they would announce the date officially with an on sale date later....but they made an AssUME. Bummer. Not sure why it happened that way, I'm sure there was a good reason
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

In all fairness despite the fact that rumours of night 2 were abundant on these boards, there were also people (myself included) who didnt think they'd be put up so clandestinely, shortly after general sale opened. However, I was prepared for that to happen and thanks to my buddy we scored tickets for both nights.
    Now I understand you've got kids, you've got work and you've got life. You can't be online reading every rumour. But the way they sold tickets for the second night is an extremely effective business practice that hasn't been done for the first time or the last. The tickets sold in majority in a matter of moments. It's the way it is man. And as much as we want the band and 10c to make the concerts revolve around us, this is a million dollar business we're talking about here. It's not like fans are being hung out to dry - far from it. This is just the way the concert business works for better or worse.

This, exactly. The public sale for night one sort of had night 2 as a surprise in case there were no tickets left. Kind of thought there would be *slightly more notice* on an official level for night two's public sale.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,315
    its always likew that in added shows,,same as amsterdam 2
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753

Exactly right Dimi. This is not a new practice. No one should be surprised, PJ has been doing this for years. In fact Toronto 2 2011 was the same way.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132

Has it really "always" been that way? That's a big word.

And I am really asking, i've never had t happen in a city I was going to a show so I don't know.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Well, here's to them putting on a better show night one for all us 10c's that were lucky enough to get tix in the lottery.
  • Options
    If they know a second show will be added then a better effort to accommodate loyal 10c members should be made for the first show..PERIOD! We pay a membership fee FFS! Just handing $ over for a small chance to have my name drawn for a once in 5 year tour is INSANE! When my name was getting drawn it felt like it was worth it, I could live with it because I always felt like I had "my in" to getting tickets. Do I feel entitled...your damn right I do! I've been with this band whole heartedly since day one! I'm a hard working auto worker with a beautiful family whom I adore but this is my only outlet, my one vice that makes me feel like that 19 year old, losing my shit watching these guys for the first time, every time!
    Just want a better effort from them to take care of people like me.
  • Options

Exactly right Dimi. This is not a new practice. No one should be surprised, PJ has been doing this for years. In fact Toronto 2 2011 was the same way.
    Toronto night 2 2011 was not like this. I got 10club tix to both.

If this is a new practice it still sucks. The only reason anyone would do this is if they thought the first night might not sell out. Still not a good reason to not be upfront about it.

They could announce a second night will be added if the first night sells out so please be prepared or something like that.

Why they would have any doubts about Toronto is strange to begin with. Toronto is always packed solid. If not sell outs pretty damn close.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    edited January 2016
    There is a second show, and that is awesome. Second shows are announced suddenly after the first show has sold out ALL THE TIME. Standard operating procedure, really. 10C members aren't PJ's ONLY priority. They might have accommodated members in the past for this kind of thing, but I don't think it's surprising that they didn't this time. I'm sure they are perfectly happy for a whole show to be released to the general public, and 10C is under no obligation here. And as already mentioned, the 2nd show was announced by 10C on social media.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    This is just so unlike the PJ that I thought I kinda knew.

It must have something to do with ticketmaster. I find it hard to believe PJ would pull this kind of thing but what do I know?

Anyway...hope everyone enjoys the shows!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

There is a second show, and that is awesome. Second shows are announced suddenly after the first show has sold out ALL THE TIME. Standard operating procedure, really. 10C members aren't PJ's ONLY priority. They might have accommodated members in the past for this kind of thing, but I don't think it's surprising that they didn't this time. I'm sure they are perfectly happy for a whole show to be released to the general public, and 10C is under no obligation here. And as already mentioned, the 2nd show was announced by 10C on social media.

The past I remember, the second shows were announced like days or weeks after the first show had overwhelming demand and the schedule allowed a date to be added. I usually always received email notifications of a second date being added.

So what you are saying is they decided to say fuck you 10 club members we want to try and trick you out of a show by not announcing it.

I doubt that but they obviously knew this was gonna happen so maybe you are right.

Maybe it's all the complaining on here...lol
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    vinyl boyvinyl boy Posts: 178
    The only comment I need to make is that those that got ticketmaster tickets are lucky in more way than one. I did get lottery tix for the first night in Toronto but I bit upset at the cost.

It's a Canadian show and I live in Canada. Having to pay in US funds was a bit of a piss off. Ended up costing $230 cuz our dollar is shit.

Just a bit of a rant and I did miss out on sale for second show today cuz I was a work
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    Not going but TERRIBLE job Ten Club TERRIBLE
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    I'm just happy I got two tickets to the first show.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    many bands do this practice of rolling second shows. i have seen this happen too many times to mention. i had read through these forums and when i read they did this in mansfield i just figured they would do it for toronto as well. also when someone phoned the acc to inquire about a box for the show and was told there would be a second show there were simply too many reasonable clues this was going to happen. i 'm sorry you didn't get seats for these shows. it has happened to me as well but i always found a way and still had a good time. i have 1 extra lower bowl single for night 1 in sec 113 at face . you or anyone else is welcome to it. please stop bashing the 10 club. its a big club that can't cater to all. i know going in what ALL the risks are. when i don't get tickets that's the way it goes. do i like it at the time , absolutely not but nothing has been kept from me. this club is great. love the vinyl and all the different people and personalities that make this place unique. hope you have a better day.
  • Options
    vinyl boy said:

The only comment I need to make is that those that got ticketmaster tickets are lucky in more way than one. I did get lottery tix for the first night in Toronto but I bit upset at the cost.

It's a Canadian show and I live in Canada. Having to pay in US funds was a bit of a piss off. Ended up costing $230 cuz our dollar is shit.

Just a bit of a rant and I did miss out on sale for second show today cuz I was a work

I think I paid 212 Canadian or something like that through ticketmaster.

The thing is PJ listed the ticket prices in U.S. Dollars I think it was 87.50 U.S. not 87.50 Canadian
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me