Options

2nd show added to Toronto with zero notification!

Comments

• Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    I just pulled a ticket for Toronto and put it back. Why you bitch now?
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i am only mad at myself- there were multiple sources on here about a 2nd show rumor, and a past precedent for adding second shows. but between the madness of iphones and pc's and ticketmaster and wells fargo and seeing what everyone got as the dust was settling, i stopped checking for a second show around 20 mins after, it felt like a waste of time. i should have kept checking! i guess an email woulda been nice, but i knew there was a second show going on sale at some point in the future.. oh well

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    It's an embarrassment and in my opinion unacceptable.

The point of being in a fan club is to be updated with the latest news. Not unannounced concerts.

I feel for those in Canada.
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    derbydave said:

IamTom said:

derbydave said:

IamTom said:

I can't believe that some of you 10c members feel that 10c doesn't owe you anything. Are you all just so happy to part of a sacred society that they can do no wrong? Really? You pay into this people, it's a business. The deal is we pay in and in return we get advantages (and a couple items totalling $7.00 a year). I'm extremely happy that they have the support to add an additional show, that's amazing that after 25 years we are all still here. But doesn't this have to be a two way street? A couple little things that help us all, the "die hard" fans get some sort of advantage at ticket buying time.
    I really can't believe so many of you feel that nothing wrong happened here. This is the band that took TM to task and tried to change the way fans bought their tickets to concerts and now they have just fallen in line. Maybe some of you weren't around for those days and just don't understand what this band use to represent. I know the world has changed, maybe I need to be a little more realistic in my expectations this day and age and come to terms that 2016 Pearl Jam and 1991 Pearl Jam are very different beasts in the "business" world.
    Still the greatest band ever!

I'd like to respond to this by saying that I didn't feel like 10c owed me anything when I found out there was an extra show in Ams '14. Another member messaged me to tell me.

Yes, this is the band that took TM to task and two things come to mind...

Which other bands stood up with them? Maybe they should be taken to task because if 5/10 of the top acts around at the time had maybe TM wouldn't be what it is today. Or maybe it would be anyway. I don't know.

Secondly it seems, merely as a fan who reads the history so I have no inside info etc, it seemed to cost the band a lot in human terms. And now, 20 yrs later they still pay because they did try to take a stand, did try to do something. Because every tour there are countless...PJ took on TM and look at them now comments.

You know what? Do any of us get exactly what we want from this band? I really doubt it. They don't tour Europe as much as I'd like, they don't play near me when they are over. But is it about getting exactly what I want? For me, no. Will I be 25 again hearing them for the first time again? No.

I don't love every song. Some I've heard a thousand times and don't get tired of. I see shows when I can.

This band has given me so much over the years. I don't post on these boards much but love reading the posts. I've a few really great friends I've met through this band, this board. It makes a difference to my life. Also, because of this band, this fan base I do the work I do which is trying to make live music possible for those in difficult situations.

The band owes me nothing. They've given me gift upon gift. Whether a show, an album, a friend, a work.

Pearl Jam aren't perfect, 10c isn't perfect. I'm certainly many miles from perfect. And so is every member of this board simply because we're human.?

So I really don't think it's a big deal there wasn't an announcement about a 2nd show in Toronto. There were plenty of leaks here yesterday. I also know getting 10c tix isn't a guarantee; and I know people help each other out here when they can. I've won tix in lotteries and was bloody hopeless on online sales. It's what it is.

So I guess I'm saying how about being grateful for the gifts this band has given us all. And I know, for me, gratitude comes and goes depending on my mood, my day.

And yes, I do want more shows for me!
    I would consider it an honor to be YOUR friend!!
    :rock_on:
    I didn't mention I'm no good at emoticons...what is that?!?
    ROCK ON!!!!
    Got ya \m/

Pleased to meet you :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Still don't understand why people are complaining about being shutout when you can still go and buy a ticket. It's 8:51 PM on the East Coast. That's like 9 hours after tickets went on sale.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Think of how much work it is for the tc to have another show through the tc. The reason for the rollover is likely due to how well and quickly yet first show sells out. If it does it's so much easier for a roll over to happen, than to go through the whole fan club process. It'll give different fans a chance to be to be up front - not just us over priveliged fan clubbers.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 929
    They should just cancel the 2nd show. Would that make you guys happy. People claiming the band has changed. When did their fans become spoiled, entitled assholes. 20+ shows and the tour closer. Look for sympathy from our brothers and sisters in Europe, who look like they'll be waiting till next year for a show.
  • Options
    No one is saying they should cancel the 2nd show. They should add a third and give 10c members a fair chance.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    edited January 2016
    1) there was only going to be a second show if the first one sold out including all the crappy upper level seats and the behind the stage seats.

2)the first show would never have sold out of said crappy seats if the band confirmed there was going to be a second show. Everyone one would have avoided buying said crappy seats and just waited for the second show to go on sale. Which never would have happened because the first show wouldn't have sold out.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    i am too big of a dick to comment about this here. i feel bad for the people who didn't get what they want/(think they)deserve. so grateful to be able to see my favorite band, yet again. vibes make me feel like i probably don't wanna catch a show north of the border.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    thefixer420thefixer420 Toronto, ON Posts: 54
    on2legs said:

1) there was only going to be a second show if the first one sold out including all the crappy upper level seats and the behind the stage seats.

2)the first show would never have sold out of said crappy seats if the band confirmed there was going to be a second show. Everyone one would have avoided buying said crappy seats and just waited for the second show to go on sale. Which never would have happened because the first show wouldn't have sold out.

Wrong. Both shows are completely sold out..."crappy" seats and all.
    Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010)
    Hamilton, Ontario (September 15, 2011)
    Budweiser Gardens (July 16, 2013)
    Buffalo, NY (October 12, 2013)
    Detroit, MI (October 16, 2014)
    Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016)
    Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016)
    Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018)
    Hamilton, Ontario (September 06, 2022)
  • Options

i am too big of a dick to comment about this here. i feel bad for the people who didn't get what they want/(think they)deserve. so grateful to be able to see my favorite band, yet again. vibes make me feel like i probably don't wanna catch a show north of the border.

The vibes will be just fine.
    It is the bad vibes that aren't in the building.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    meczynsj said:

on2legs said:

Wrong. Both shows are completely sold out..."crappy" seats and all.
    Nevermind.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

I can't believe that some of you 10c members feel that 10c doesn't owe you anything. Are you all just so happy to part of a sacred society that they can do no wrong? Really? You pay into this people, it's a business. The deal is we pay in and in return we get advantages (and a couple items totalling $7.00 a year). I'm extremely happy that they have the support to add an additional show, that's amazing that after 25 years we are all still here. But doesn't this have to be a two way street? A couple little things that help us all, the "die hard" fans get some sort of advantage at ticket buying time.
    I really can't believe so many of you feel that nothing wrong happened here. This is the band that took TM to task and tried to change the way fans bought their tickets to concerts and now they have just fallen in line. Maybe some of you weren't around for those days and just don't understand what this band use to represent. I know the world has changed, maybe I need to be a little more realistic in my expectations this day and age and come to terms that 2016 Pearl Jam and 1991 Pearl Jam are very different beasts in the "business" world.
    Still the greatest band ever!

Truth. It's not a charity or a philanthropic outing.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    if you checked pearl jams' website it said there was a second show. if you went to the tour page it showed the second show and had a buy button. i hit the button and it took me to half a ticketmaster page that said this page has been closed or something. kept refreshing(f5ing ah the memories)then a message popped up that it would be on sale within the hour. i just kept refreshing or f5ing and boom there it was. the first time in so many years i had seats where nothing was held back. no holds from the season ticket holders and scalpers couldn't co ordinate their purchases. more fans got tickets than ever and good quality ones. i guess i had nothing better to do except pay attention to all the great and credible information that was posted. thank you to the ones that did. also the reason there are so few ga seats listed in my opinion is that the fans got them. or their may be a number of them for sale night of. along with some good side stage seats. you never know. this band cares about their fans. tickets were 80 or less. that is absolutely unheard of for a band of this size. the glass is more than half full here, some of you just don't see it. next time when you win ga seats i hope you listen to how you sounded when others don't win.
  • Options
    Marty2544Marty2544 Burlington, ON, Canada Posts: 8
    I don't think people are mad about a 2nd, It sounds like people are just confused.

Why no announcement from PJ?
    Why no Ten Club?
    Why no announcement from TM?

Toronto shows in the past have always sold out and sold out quickly. Add no Montreal, Southern Ontario, Buffalo or Detroit shows...they were gonna get snatched up quickly.

Ultimately, what benefit was gained by a last minute add? I'm struggling to understand the reasoning because It certainly wasn't for the fans.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited January 2016
    Mastran82 said:

What a system. We have to decipher clues as to if and when a 2nd show was going to be added. Not everyone has time to read through message boards to find clues. Then there's the fans who confirmed a 2nd show but 10 club who I pay to keep me updated can't notify me or confirm a 2nd show. The Im supposed to wait by the computer to see when second show goes up for sale.. Membership has it's privileges.

Some fan clubs do shit like that for fun. There are even surprise shows during tours where the fans who happen to be lucky enough to see a random tweet saying they have to get to the venue to get tickets for a surprise show that very night, first come first serve. These things are considered to be treats, not a slap in the face.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    if you checked out t club it was there 30 minutes before the sale. it has been said plenty of times here many bands roll second shows with no notice. lots of people who would never get good seats did. it has been 25 to 30 years since i have had the opportunity to buy a fully stocked ticket sale. we don't know the reasoning behind the decision. but you still have to do some work yourself as the info and precedent was there. if anything having these forums was an advantage to anyone trying to get seats . if you went through this site it took you right to the second show page where we could f5 once again but in much shorter duration. i have been going to shows for over 42 years and this club is still great. would it be better if there was no club no opportunity or tickets with seniority . vip packages and 150.00 tickets. i was in a ticket club before which was amazing and then the entitlement went through the roof and they simply figured out they could make more money without us. so keep up the complaining . ticketmaster won't have seniority for pj shows for you,or cool vinyl and many good people out here. this band still rocks and is great. i will never forget how when my father passed away the played the song i requested for him in detroit . never say they don't care. thats just plain crap.
  • Options
    Why bother announcing any of the tour dates anymore. Just pop some tickets up for sale on ticketmaster and see what happens. No need to notify the public anymore.

PJ does it again. They changed the musical landscape back in 1991 and today in 2016 they are changing the way tours are announced. Or should I say NOT announced. Pretty damn good to sell out an unannounced tour date.

I heard a rumor there are going to be 27 more shows added to this tour.

Check ticketmaster daily at noon.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    GummiBeerGummiBeer Newfoundland Canada Posts: 189
    10C members a fair chance...today was the best chance I had at scoring decent tickets. it caught the scalpers off guard as well, meaning many people got decent seats
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • Options
    Might just be a third night that goes on sale tomorrow.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    I just don't get why people are so bent out of shape. This sort of thing happens ALL the time
  • Options
    Swordo said:

I just don't get why people are so bent out of shape. This sort of thing happens ALL the time

I'm not bent out of shape or anything, I have my tickets but I have never seen this happen before for a PJ show.
    I did see that someone mentioned it happened one time in Amsterdam I think which is hardly all the time.

How many times have you seen PJ do this all the time?
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    Man they're playing an extra show. I'm truly shocked at the response this has gotten
  • Options
    GummiBeerGummiBeer Newfoundland Canada Posts: 189

Man they're playing an extra show. I'm truly shocked at the response this has gotten

Crazy hey...another 16000 tickets available, and all everyone can do is bitch about it
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • Options
    GummiBeer said:

Crazy hey...another 16000 tickets available, and all everyone can do is bitch about it
    I don't think that's what they are bitching about. I'm sure everyone is super thrilled about the second show I know I am. I was just lucky to be online buying tickets at the time the second show popped up.

I think the people that weren't around at the time the tickets went on sale may be just a wee touch upset. I think they thought if there was going to be another show they would have been notified by the club that they are a paying member of, so they could have been ready to try and get tickets.

However now that everyone knows that a show can just materialize without notification, things may not come as such a surprise next time.

Most tours are announced and the on-sale dates are given in advance so everyone has a chance at trying to get tickets. This tour did have some dates announced. I don't know why but they were kind enough to notify us of some of the dates.

There might be shows on sale right now that we all don't know about.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    There's thousands of people logged on to Ticketmaster at the moment the 2nd show is announced. Potential customers and huge demand, but no, they need to cater to a bunch of whiny entitled clubbers first.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    This is totally standard procedure with many other bands (maybe try sometimes) and has also been with PJ shows too. If there is a large city with huge demand and there's a hole in the schedule, be prepared for 2nd show. Always be prepared. Don't expect 10C to come and hold your hand and show you where to find the details.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040

Swordo said:

I'm not bent out of shape or anything, I have my tickets but I have never seen this happen before for a PJ show.
    I did see that someone mentioned it happened one time in Amsterdam I think which is hardly all the time.

night 2 msg 98 was a roll over show with zero warning. we heard on the radio that they added a show so we drove to our nearest ticketmaster outlet and scored tickets.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,413
    edited January 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

Swordo said:

night 2 msg 98 was a roll over show with zero warning. we heard on the radio that they added a show so we drove to our nearest ticketmaster outlet and scored tickets.
    It's so awesome thinking about the fact that that's how it used to work (actually going to a ticket agency). Cripes we are spoiled these days.
    Post edited by rummy on