*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    think you threw thornton in there by accident.

any team that has nocioni in their starting lineup...and battie, hawes, songalia, and kapono in their rotation is in bad shape. The sixers lost to a team that started reggie evans last night...awful.

I thought calderon was gonna be better than he turned out. He couldn't beat out jarret jack???

jose calderon is awful ... he has a high basketball IQ which is great for a point guard but he is super unathletic ... he doesn't have the heart or the handle to take his man and he gets outhustled for balls ... plus, he is an awful defender ... jarret jack holds on to the ball way too much but at least he can defend and rebound ...

haha ... reggie ... say what you will about that guy but he plays with heart and within a team system ... like i said about iggy - i will take guys that are willing to play in a team system over me-first guys 6 days out of 7 ...

I hear ya regarding effort guys. I loved aaron mckie and george lynch during the sixers run in 2001...not the most talented guys, but they always played their asses off

if evans was still here you could make a case for him being the sixers best frontcourt player. brand puts up numbers, but I think they are hollow. I'm not a big fan. What were they thinking signing him over josh smith???????

this franchise sucks the life out of the fans
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hear ya regarding effort guys. I loved aaron mckie and george lynch during the sixers run in 2001...not the most talented guys, but they always played their asses off

if evans was still here you could make a case for him being the sixers best frontcourt player. brand puts up numbers, but I think they are hollow. I'm not a big fan. What were they thinking signing him over josh smith???????

there was no one in the building last nite ...

it's hard in the nba to win because in order to win - you need guys to set aside personal goals for team goals ... for a lot of the kids coming up - they don't necessarily see it that way ... i'm not too sure why ...

just look at every championship team ... it's all about guys who are willing to sacrifice for the team ... kobe bryant will always give up a last second shot if he thinks the other person has a better chance to make it ... jordan was the same ... that's why they win games ... that's what coaches like sloan and pop and jackson can get their players to do ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

there was no one in the building last nite ...

it's hard in the nba to win because in order to win - you need guys to set aside personal goals for team goals ... for a lot of the kids coming up - they don't necessarily see it that way ... i'm not too sure why ...

just look at every championship team ... it's all about guys who are willing to sacrifice for the team ... kobe bryant will always give up a last second shot if he thinks the other person has a better chance to make it ... jordan was the same ... that's why they win games ... that's what coaches like sloan and pop and jackson can get their players to do ...

who's your squad dude? raptors? you're from canada right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This team is atrocious. Like Jeff Hornacek bad.

Reggie Evans was my favorite player when he was here. He always looked like a dude from North Philly that would owe someone money.

i'm a lakers fan ... :lol: ... just kidding ...

yeah ... toronto is my hometown ... i have been suffering for a long time ... :cry:
    polaris_x wrote:

i'm a lakers fan ... :lol: ... just kidding ...

yeah ... toronto is my hometown ... i have been suffering for a long time ... :cry:

we feel your pain.

remember that '01 eastern conference championship series? good times. feels like 20 years ago, not 10 or so...
    chinese-happy.jpg

Reggie Evans was my favorite player when he was here. He always looked like a dude from North Philly that would owe someone money.

yeah i was a big fan of his too. he would have fit in well with those larry brown teams back in the day....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    we feel your pain.

remember that '01 eastern conference championship series? good times. feels like 20 years ago, not 10 or so...

yeah ... graduationgate ... vince's last second shot that clanked off the rim ... i had season tickets back then ...

yeah i was a big fan of his too. he would have fit in well with those larry brown teams back in the day....

Dude looked svelte last night too.

Dude looked svelte last night too.

guy acutally went to a nutritionist past summer ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    we feel your pain.

yeah ... graduationgate ... vince's last second shot that clanked off the rim ... i had season tickets back then ...

yeah i had a 10 game plan back in the day. at one point, i had birds, phils, and sixers season or partial season tickets at the same time. that was my dream as a kid. i lived the dream. :roll: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Watching Dr. J talking right now on this Spectrum this on CSN. I think we would have a better chance of winning bringing him out of retirement.
    Watching Dr. J talking right now on this Spectrum this on CSN. I think we would have a better chance of winning bringing him out of retirement.

rip spectrum. lots of good memories.

parking is gonna SUCK for the next few years while they build this new monstrosity....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    sooner or later they're gonna learn how to win these games.

this team should easily have 6 wins right now.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    i watched the end of the game (not a huge basketball fan) and actually like the Spurs more (Sixers 2nd fav team) but yeah they should have won that game. What was holiday thinking fouling wall on the 3 point attempt?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

this loss is on your boy turner. awful
    The Fixer wrote:

no its on jrue holiday fouling a john wall 40 foot 3 point attempt. turner made some big shots down the stretch but had a big defensive lapse and the missed free throws obviously cost them....but there is no excuse what so ever in being within 5 feet of wall there. that's basketball 101. young team. they're learning.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

no its on jrue holiday fouling a john wall 40 foot 3 point attempt. turner made some big shots down the stretch but had a big defensive lapse and the missed free throws obviously cost them....but there is no excuse what so ever in being within 5 feet of wall there. that's basketball 101. young team. they're learning.

wrong. if turner makes one of those two free throws, that wall 3 isn't relevant.

he's been ok, but last night is on him

no sweat...just keep losing boys
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

wrong. if turner makes one of those two free throws, that wall 3 isn't relevant.

he's been ok, but last night is on him

no sweat...just keep losing boys

an idiotic mental mistake at the worst possible time is always worse than a missed shot in my opinion.

this team is going to start winning these games eventually....just in time ruin our lottery spot.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    it was 2 missed shots!! then he failed to cover the guy that hit the game tying three. the holiday play was also beyond stupid, but turner had 3 opportunities to end that game and he didn't.
    The Fixer wrote:
    it was 2 missed shots!! then he failed to cover the guy that hit the game tying three. the holiday play was also beyond stupid, but turner had 3 opportunities to end that game and he didn't.

lol...i realize all of what you are saying, as i referenced them earlier. he also had 8 points in the final minute of the 4th and overtime. they wouldn't have been in position to win at the end of regulation without him.

gotta make at least 1 foul shot to ice it....but there's no excuse for jrue to be anywhere near wall there. awful way to lose.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igoudala with a near triple-dub ... :)
    polaris_x wrote:

great. his numbers are as relevant as shawn marion's used to be

he missed the gw shot as usual

I'm not a hater of the player...just the contract
    polaris_x wrote:

4 points in the 4th and overtime. BUM!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    he was probably tired and out of gas ... :D
    So we lose to the wiz in overtime and then play TO. Didn't this just happen like a week ago?
    So we lose to the wiz in overtime and then play TO. Didn't this just happen like a week ago?

actually, raps played the wiz a week ago and then played you guys ...
  • Top ten Spectrum moments not sure if this was posted..

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5842837
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9reWFv6 ... 01&index=3

barkley: 34 pts, 20 rbs, 8 assists.....the thump and bump days were good times...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    its like the sixers are the only team that can't beat the heat. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg