Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Fixer, his last year is a team option and that is in '12/'13. Look it up.

It was a cost saving move, you're right about that. And that's fine by me.

Now, if they decide to exercise the team option, THEN it's terrible.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you completely miss the point on the dalembert trade. his production this year is meaningless. his expiring contract is much more valuable than anything they got in return (hawes, who can't play at all...and nocioni, who is an 8th guy who they are now stuck with for 3 fucking years!!). wouldn't it have been nice to have some cash to throw at a free agent this offseason? maybe take dalembert's cap hit and trade brand or iggy, then go after carmelo. holy shit, what a concept. but no, this team is stuck with a bunch of shitty players that were brought in for no apparent reason.

turner and speights should be playing more. seriously, why is nocioni in the rotation? give his minutes to turner...even if it means playing young and/or iguodala somewhere other than the 3.

you are all excited about mediocrity. this team has no direction

i agree about nocioni, though i don't think he's under contract as long as you say. turner's minutes are more taken by iguadala at this point though. once we hopefully get him out of here, tuner will be playing more. he's averaging 24 minutes. i'd like to see him get another 6 or 7. luckily nocioni has been hurt for the past week or so. but the core youngsters of this squad are all average more than 24 minutes. again--we are playing the young bucks...they're just playing better than casual fans expected.

the dalembert thing--that was collins. dude was a cancer. you keep ripping the front court and saying if he were still here it would be better...but fail to realize he has been dreadful this year. i hear you on the money thing though.

speights.....speights? i just don't think he's that good. i don't like no-effort guys. and that's what he is to me. hopefully collins can get something more out of him. i don't see why love the guy so much though.

bottom line is you're talking to a guy who watched the phils even during the dark ages man. i still watch this team too. it's impossible not to see the improvement this year...if you actually watch them.

again, dalembert's performance this year would have been secondary. I don't care if they would have keyshawned him and told him to stay away from the team...that would have been better than trading him for 2 stiffs (and taking on money). they weren't winning shit this year anyway...they should have kep him, gained cap space once his contract expires, and this would have also helped them get a better draft spot (by giving speightts dalembert's minutes)

and again...I never said I loved speights. just that he is better than any other options to play center. fucking tony battie gets more minutes than him for christ sake. what's the point of playing that turd?

and why do you keep saying I don't watch this team? I said I do. if anything I think you're full of shit. don't you work nights?

if you want me to keep repeating myself I will. obviously your comprehension skills are lacking in this thread
  • Options

if that's the case it only sucks balls, instead of sucking cock

I still would have kept dalembert this year and traded brand and/or iggy at the deadline or after the season. then made a push for a star player, which is needed to win in this horseshit league
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I still would have kept dalembert this year and traded brand and/or iggy at the deadline or after the season. then made a push for a star player, which is needed to win in this horseshit league

Who's taking Brand though? Seriously?

I think it's the difference between getting raped in your ass or being forced to give a blow job. So arguments can be made for both sides.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I think it's the difference between getting raped in your ass or being forced to give a blow job. So arguments can be made for both sides.

you never know. someone just took vernon wells contract
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

you never know. someone just took vernon wells contract

This is true.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    i agree about nocioni, though i don't think he's under contract as long as you say. turner's minutes are more taken by iguadala at this point though. once we hopefully get him out of here, tuner will be playing more. he's averaging 24 minutes. i'd like to see him get another 6 or 7. luckily nocioni has been hurt for the past week or so. but the core youngsters of this squad are all average more than 24 minutes. again--we are playing the young bucks...they're just playing better than casual fans expected.

the dalembert thing--that was collins. dude was a cancer. you keep ripping the front court and saying if he were still here it would be better...but fail to realize he has been dreadful this year. i hear you on the money thing though.

speights.....speights? i just don't think he's that good. i don't like no-effort guys. and that's what he is to me. hopefully collins can get something more out of him. i don't see why love the guy so much though.

bottom line is you're talking to a guy who watched the phils even during the dark ages man. i still watch this team too. it's impossible not to see the improvement this year...if you actually watch them.

again, dalembert's performance this year would have been secondary. I don't care if they would have keyshawned him and told him to stay away from the team...that would have been better than trading him for 2 stiffs (and taking on money). they weren't winning shit this year anyway...they should have kep him, gained cap space once his contract expires, and this would have also helped them get a better draft spot (by giving speightts dalembert's minutes)

and again...I never said I loved speights. just that he is better than any other options to play center. fucking tony battie gets more minutes than him for christ sake. what's the point of playing that turd?

and why do you keep saying I don't watch this team? I said I do. if anything I think you're full of shit. don't you work nights?

if you want me to keep repeating myself I will. obviously your comprehension skills are lacking in this thread

i work late nights on mondays. but thanks for your attention to my work schedule...it's little creepy though. :)

dalembert--i get where you're coming at money wise. but you've also repeatedly said their front court would be much better with him here. i'm okay with cutting out a cancer. keyshawning him would have been a sideshow circus distraction that these young bucks don't need.

the reason why i said it seems like you don't watch them is because your opinions sound exactly like people i know who do not watch them. the people who just assume they suck. you sound like a lot of us sounded in this thread last year, when those opinions were warranted. flip back a few pages. also you said they should "play their young players" a few days ago. but they play them every night. they are the one's leading this team right now. they're playing well.

battie averages less minutes than speights. but for the record, i'm just gonna continue to label you a huge speights fan from thsi point forward :mrgreen:

go. sixers. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'd rather be on the record as being a speights guy than be on the record as being a pedro feliz guy

I just think you're getting all excited for nothing. Sure, they are better than last year, but just having brand for a full season made that inevitable.

7 seed and miami heat, here they come...YAY!!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'd rather be on the record as being a speights guy than be on the record as being a pedro feliz guy

I just think you're getting all excited for nothing. Sure, they are better than last year, but just having brand for a full season made that inevitable.

i think we got a shot at the 6 seed to be quite honest. 6 seed and chicago! awesome :lol:

i'm happy to see the team improving dude. a young team that's learning how to win. i don't know what else to tell you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

i think we got a shot at the 6 seed to be quite honest. 6 seed and chicago! awesome :lol:

i'm happy to see the team improving dude. a young team that's learning how to win. i don't know what else to tell you.

the only guys worth a damn are holiday, young, and maybe turner (too early to tell with him).

I get where you're coming from...as fans we want the team to do well. I just don't think there is much hope for them to get out of this 10 year period of monotony (7-10 seed in the east). I honestly believe that this team is better off losing and getting a top 10 draft pick than making the playoffs and getting buried by miami, chicago, or orlando.

can you imagine what dwight howard would do to this team in a series? oh my god
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the only guys worth a damn are holiday, young, and maybe turner (too early to tell with him).

I get where you're coming from...as fans we want the team to do well. I just don't think there is much hope for them to get out of this 10 year period of monotony (7-10 seed in the east). I honestly believe that this team is better off losing and getting a top 10 draft pick than making the playoffs and getting buried by miami, chicago, or orlando.

can you imagine what dwight howard would do to this team in a series? oh my god

lou williams too. him and thadeous are 2 of the league's better bench players. yes, i'm serious.

and i totally understand where you are coming from with tanking the season. what you don't understand is they are playing the players who you would normally play to "tank" a season.....it's just that those players are actually pretty good and are winning games.

plus after the first 3 picks in the nba draft it's an absolute crap shoot anyway. we actually drafted jrue holiday (who i think has a legit chance to be a star in this league) around 15 or 16 coming off a 1st round loss to dwight howard's magic a couple years ago.

it is what it is. just enjoy watching these young bucks grow up and learn to win. they're not as bad as you think.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lou Williams blows. He shoots like 20% from the field.

I said last year that I liked holiday. He is gonna be good. He already plays way better defense than Iverson ever did.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I said last year that I liked holiday. He is gonna be good. He already plays way better defense than Iverson ever did.

are you kidding? you called lou williams a "quality 6th man" literally 3 months ago. you are all over the place dude. williams is very good off the bench....you were right the first time. :lol:

love holiday....again, got him in the middle of the 1st round after a 1st round loss.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

are you kidding? you called lou williams a "quality 6th man" literally 3 months ago. you are all over the place dude. williams is very good off the bench....you were right the first time. :lol:

love holiday....again, got him in the middle of the 1st round after a 1st round loss.

I said I liked williams? I definitely don't remember saying that. Must have been drunk if I did. Dude's too inconsistent. He shoots way too many jumpers because he gets tentative to drive because he weighs a buck ten. Hence, 20% FG%.

He's a guy they should look to move as well. Might be able to get something in return for him. Or package him with brand.

I just want them to do something outside the box for once. The last decade has been fucking brutal. And there's no end in sight
  • Options
    well he shoots 40% from the floor. never said he was a great shooter. but i like the instant offense from a 6 man. hollinger has all these efficiency ratings on insider (based on production per minutes played or something) and he has him as 11th pg in the league for what it's worth.

here's what you said. not sure if you were drunk but it was at 1:30 in the afternoon:
    The Fixer wrote:

green has been around forever (way before AI left) and he was a 2nd round pick. williams was a 2nd round pick as well. carney was more of a 3 than a 2.

green sucked, but that is a solid pick. any time you get production out of a guy in round 2 it's a win. I don't mind lou williams...quality 6th man
    outside the box: i agree. let's get crafty. get ai2 out of here anyway possible.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well he shoots 40% from the floor. never said he was a great shooter. but i like the instant offense from a 6 man. hollinger has all these efficiency ratings on insider (based on production per minutes played or something) and he has him as 11th pg in the league for what it's worth.

here's what you said. not sure if you were drunk but it was at 1:30 in the afternoon:
    The Fixer wrote:

green has been around forever (way before AI left) and he was a 2nd round pick. williams was a 2nd round pick as well. carney was more of a 3 than a 2.

green sucked, but that is a solid pick. any time you get production out of a guy in round 2 it's a win. I don't mind lou williams...quality 6th man
    outside the box: i agree. let's get crafty. get ai2 out of here anyway possible.

that's pretty funny. and 40% is shitty, even for a guard

willie green was the worst. is he out of the league yet?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

The Fixer wrote:

that's pretty funny. and 40% is shitty, even for a guard

willie green was the worst. is he out of the league yet?

dude's a scorer, not a shooter. but 40% ain't good especially for a guard. big men always have ridiculously high percentages due to all the close looks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

dude's a scorer, not a shooter. but 40% ain't good especially for a guard. big men always have ridiculously high percentages due to all the close looks.

no shit. that's why I said 'even for a guard'...their FG percentages are lower than big guys.

so even though williams is a guard, 40% still blows.

your last point contradicted yourself
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

no shit. that's why I said 'even for a guard'...their FG percentages are lower than big guys.

ah, yes. good point. i'm selling loans and talking sixers at the same time. give me a break. :lol:

it's kinda like how you contradicted yourself about lou williams from a few months ago though. ;) hey oh
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

ah, yes. good point. i'm selling loans and talking sixers at the same time. give me a break. :lol:

it's kinda like how you contradicted yourself about lou williams from a few months ago though. ;) hey oh

yeah, I had to redeem myself.

this is the longest NBA discussion I've had in a while. seriously, probably a decade
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, I had to redeem myself.

this is the longest NBA discussion I've had in a while. seriously, probably a decade

.....and you wonder why i say you sound like people i know who just assume they suck without paying attention? :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

.....and you wonder why i say you sound like people i know who just assume they suck without paying attention? :mrgreen:

I watch...my buddies hate the NBA. for reasons I can't put here
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I watch...my buddies hate the NBA. for reasons I can't put here

i believe you. really gonna suck for you not being able to see them down in dc. you gonna get that nba package?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i believe you. really gonna suck for you not being able to see them down in dc. you gonna get that nba package?

no way. hockey and baseball packages, yes. I'm not paying to watch the sixers. I can't get excited about a team that has 2 building blocks (maybe 3) and is destined for a first round playoff ass whooping.

plus I'm going to be traveling some for this job...and back to philly on the weekends...so I'm not sure how much TV I'm gonna be watching anyway.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

no way. hockey and baseball packages, yes. I'm not paying to watch the sixers. I can't get excited about a team that has 2 building blocks (maybe 3) and is destined for a first round playoff ass whooping.

plus I'm going to be traveling some for this job...and back to philly on the weekends...so I'm not sure how much TV I'm gonna be watching anyway.

i hear ya. i lived in northern virginia back in '01. killed me not to be able to see the sixers and phillies...even though the phils were frustrating and still languishing around .500 back then. though they did make that late push on the bravos that fell short.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dei lynam on barkely's comments: "clearly charles doesn't watch a lot of sixers games."
    :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pa-thet-ic
  • Options
    I think the only person in this universe who ever thinks Iguodala's shot is ever going in is himself. Ew.
  • Options
    zumoff is great...'a monumental collapse by the sixers'

this team sucks
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    zumoff is great...'a monumental collapse by the sixers'

this team sucks

Zumoff is the worst. I guess CSN had nothing going on last night and showed a Wings game from like '88 or something(on Prism, sweet), and Zumoff was doing the "sideline reporting".

They just can't finish. Terrible 4th quarter team.