Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    I watched this game at 3 in the morning last night. Lou was on fire. One of the biggest problems with this team over the years is having consistent shooting.

81........you just got beat by the Sixers. The Sixers. :thumbup:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I watched this game at 3 in the morning last night. Lou was on fire. One of the biggest problems with this team over the years is having consistent shooting.

They did. I was sitting on my couch. I had nothing to do with that debacle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

They did. I was sitting on my couch. I had nothing to do with that debacle

Ya sure? I'm thinking there's a chance a chain smoking baby had something to do with something.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    one thing I did think was funny from last night is that kurt thomas is still in the league. he looks like oliver miller these days
  • Options
    Thomas has played good for being80 years old.

Pistons?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    81 wrote:
    Thomas has played good for being80 years old.

Pistons?

..wizards? :lol:

not over yet. ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    How did they lose last night to The Pistons :?:

I caught the last few mins. of the last quarter and looked like they were gonna win. Then there was a foul and Williams (?) missed a free throw. Also one of the announcers was saying it shouldn't have been a shooting foul or something. Then Stuckey nails the three to tie it up. Went out after that happened and missed OT. :roll:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    How did they lose last night to The Pistons :?:

I caught the last few mins. of the last quarter and looked like they were gonna win. Then there was a foul and Williams (?) missed a free throw. Also one of the announcers was saying it shouldn't have been a shooting foul or something. Then Stuckey nails the three to tie it up. Went out after that happened and missed OT. :roll:

I did the same thing. I saw the cancer patient air ball a three with under a minute and figured the game was over. this morning I saw that the sixers lost. I couldn't believe it.

bottom line...this team sucks
  • Options
    Doug Collins is in a Glass Case of Emotion..... :lol: love it
    http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/01/do ... otion.html

nice win last night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    nice win yesterday. finally got one in overtime.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    andre iguadala is an absolute TURD.

how the hell does that happen?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I was flipping back and forth between the sixders game and another show. Sixers had like a 3 point lead with not too much time left. So i figured ok, they've got this won :roll: Turned it back on a few minutes later and next thing I know OT is starting. I knew they were gonna lose then :(

As far as Andre, I don't think it really matters at this time. If they can trade him I say go for it. If we make the playoffs I still think they can't bear Boston and or Orlando. Only team I would not want to face in the Eastern Conference is Miami.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I was flipping back and forth between the sixders game and another show. Sixers had like a 3 point lead with not too much time left. So i figured ok, they've got this won :roll: Turned it back on a few minutes later and next thing I know OT is starting. I knew they were gonna lose then :(

As far as Andre, I don't think it really matters at this time. If they can trade him I say go for it. If we make the playoffs I still think they can't bear Boston and or Orlando. Only team I would not want to face in the Eastern Conference is Miami.

4 point lead...until he fouled that dude taking a 3 pointer. this would have been a huge win.

yeah they're not winning a playoff series....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

4 point lead...until he fouled that dude taking a 3 pointer. this would have been a huge win.

yeah they're not winning a playoff series....

Actually I meant to say I think they could beat Boston or Orlando. Damn, another tough loss for the Sixers tonight :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    can you guys finish opposite of the bulls? we (they) could use an first round tune up :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Iguodala is the Bobby Abreu of the Sixers. good stats but a losing player.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

I'm not the biggest iguodala fan, but he doesn't have much help. Worst frontcourt in NBA history
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjhawks wrote:

guy was a positive in the plus/minus last nite ...

i would take igoudala on my team any day of the week - it's not his fault he is your best player ... he's not a kobe or durant ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

guy was a positive in the plus/minus last nite ...

i would take igoudala on my team any day of the week - it's not his fault he is your best player ... he's not a kobe or durant ...

And we have told you many times that will drive him from Philly to Toronto for you.
  • Options
    And we have told you many times that will drive him from Philly to Toronto for you.

which ironic already on its own ...

the guy is playing on one foot now ... sure, his contract sucks but he's not a bad player ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

the guy is playing on one foot now ... sure, his contract sucks but he's not a bad player ...

Yeah, and this is the NBA we're talking about. I don't want horrible contracts. He's their best trading chip right now. See if someone will take him for the same amount, but an expiring contract.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

Yeah, and this is the NBA we're talking about. I don't want horrible contracts. He's their best trading chip right now. See if someone will take him for the same amount, but an expiring contract.

dalembert's expiring contract sure would look nice right now. instead we're stuck with the stiff brothers, hawes and nocioni. god that trade sucked
  • Options

no one is gonna take on his salary especially with no CBA
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    dalembert's expiring contract sure would look nice right now. instead we're stuck with the stiff brothers, hawes and nocioni. god that trade sucked

i think dalembert was traded for personal reasons ... but yeah ... much better to be sitting on expiring contracts right now ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i think dalembert was traded for personal reasons ... but yeah ... much better to be sitting on expiring contracts right now ...

I think the sixers wanted to save money this year, so they got rid of him...which makes the trade even worse.

This team is so poorly run it's funny. absolutely no direction at all whatsoever
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think the sixers wanted to save money this year, so they got rid of him...which makes the trade even worse.

This team is so poorly run it's funny. absolutely no direction at all whatsoever

how did they save money? ... dalembert has had a history of not getting along with teammates ... i mean - he got booted from team canada and we have like no talent in this country so ... ya gotta be a major cancer to get booted off here ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

how did they save money? ... dalembert has had a history of not getting along with teammates ... i mean - he got booted from team canada and we have like no talent in this country so ... ya gotta be a major cancer to get booted off here ...

dalembert was making more this year than nocioni and hawes combined. the sixers saved a few mill this year by making that trade. no one goes to the sixers games so they wanted to save some money.

thank god for the flyers
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Speaking of the sixers being poorly run. When I worked for the sixers we had monthly meetings with Billy king where he would update us on everything and we would have an open forum to ask questions. Now I know he wasn't going to tell the marketing guys anything too in depth but let's just say these were the most pathetic meetings I have ever been in. He had no strategy, no direction, no ideas, no nothing. It was a running joke how idiotic the guy running the team was.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Speaking of the sixers being poorly run. When I worked for the sixers we had monthly meetings with Billy king where he would update us on everything and we would have an open forum to ask questions. Now I know he wasn't going to tell the marketing guys anything too in depth but let's just say these were the most pathetic meetings I have ever been in. He had no strategy, no direction, no ideas, no nothing. It was a running joke how idiotic the guy running the team was.

That's pretty funny. And exactly what I picture sixers meetings being like.

Can you imagine being a fly on the wall during trade talks?

'We have a chance to get hawes and nocioni!!'

'Awesome, let's trade 2010's most valuable asset (dalembert's expiring contract)'

'Great idea...the guys we are getting suck and we will be stuck with nocioni for 3 years. It's a perfect fit'

'Great meeting guys, good work'