Gay Marriage Ban

Comments

• whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    edited May 2012
    brianlux wrote:
    Everyone in favor of gay marriage, raise you hand.

042512-politics-mitt-romney-campaign.jpg
    Post edited by whygohome on
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    brianlux wrote:
    Everyone in favor of gay marriage, raise you hand.

Me: (raises hand)

471lazarus.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    "People around the country are watching us, and they're really confused to have been such a progressive, forward-thinking, economically driven state that invested in education and that stood up for the civil rights people including the civil rights marches back in the '50s and '60s and '70s," she told North Carolina's WITN. "Folks are saying 'What in the world is going on with North Carolina?' We look like Mississippi." - Governor Bev Perdue of North Carolina
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    I have to agree that some of the posts here have been bit hard to follow. Kind of like Robin's experiences in Scotland: :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxl5APJtLec
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

chadwick wrote:
    the answering system that fires signals of information in your brain matter for communicational purposes is misleading, (confused/confusing), extremely difficult to follow and very blurred out. i have sat here for the last 30 minutes or more and i have painstakingly read over yours and others' posts here. you and godfather's posts are the only writers of opinion on here that i cannot completely follow and understand. your writing/words and sentences and paragraphs are very difficult to grasp.

is your opinion purposefully written like a complex and even scrambled maze of gibberish to frustrate others? do you do this on purpose? is this what they call trolling and baiting?

in my opinion it was like this in the ted nugent thread that was shut down. 90% of what i read was riddled with more twists and turns than the iowa countryside gravel roads being driven by a insane drunkard on his john deere tractor on his way to some homosexual escapade out behind some dude's barn down the way

i am no grammar nazi nor a expert on the english language. but jesus h christ. i fully believe in (adult) education and that at any age one should attend higher education classes if and when they can.

we all are communicating on here w/ what we write. let us all try a little harder to make things clearer and easier to understand; what we write is who we are to each other, ourselves, and anything lazier than not caring about what we have written from what we believe and feel to be true or false, good or evil, ect, ect, is to be understood as clearly as possible and not totally fuckard up nonsense :mrgreen:

animated_applause_1312.gif
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Best check out the NC law it will lead to who where how and why,
    as I have mentioned before.

Washington State currently has an online petition for a ballot for fall but there are others
    I believe past the petition stage. MN and some eastern states are also targeted.
    I found my info after watching interviews on TV but since have found info on
    support for this cause through the marriage organizations nationwide.
    There are quite a few woking to preserve marriage as it is legally defined now.
    the answering system that fires signals of information in your brain matter for communicational purposes is misleading, (confused/confusing), extremely difficult to follow and very blurred out. i have sat here for the last 30 minutes or more and i have painstakingly read over yours and others' posts here. you and godfather's posts are the only writers of opinion on here that i cannot completely follow and understand. your writing/words and sentences and paragraphs are very difficult to grasp.

is your opinion purposefully written like a complex and even scrambled maze of gibberish to frustrate others? do you do this on purpose? is this what they call trolling and baiting?

in my opinion it was like this in the ted nugent thread that was shut down. 90% of what i read was riddled with more twists and turns than the iowa countryside gravel roads being driven by a insane drunkard on his john deere tractor on his way to some homosexual escapade out behind some dude's barn down the way

i am no grammar nazi nor a expert on the english language. but jesus h christ. i fully believe in (adult) education and that at any age one should attend higher education classes if and when they can.

we all are communicating on here w/ what we write. let us all try a little harder to make things clearer and easier to understand; what we write is who we are to each other, ourselves, and anything lazier than not caring about what we have written from what we believe and feel to be true or false, good or evil, ect, ect, is to be understood as clearly as possible and not totally fuckard up nonsense :mrgreen:
    :lol: sorry the irony in this is incredible don't mean to be disrespectful but sweet jesus who is calling the kettle black. Which thread shall I pick from that you have posted in hmmm ...
    so many to choose ;)

Godfather is pure talent both in expression and communication.
    Please see and understand that.

Perhaps it lies in the fact that you try not to understand an opposing view
    but wait in this thread I am pro gay marriage how confusing is that! :?
    And want equal gay civil unions now not in a couple decades.

All in good fun Chad and no for the 100th time I don't kill animals! ;) :fp:

and I can play along :D
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    [:lol: sorry the irony in this is incredible don't mean to be disrespectful but sweet jesus who is calling the kettle black. Which thread shall I pick from that you have posted in hmmm ...
    so many to choose ;)

i generally type & write in my little creative writing style. i communicate very well on here. people can read and understand exactly what i am saying in my writing.

i take you up on your challenge at finding anything of mine that is incoherent and seemingly written by a ridiculously insane wildman with a uneducated undertone.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    MayDay10 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Washington State currently has an online petition for a ballot for fall but there are others
    I believe past the petition stage. MN and some eastern states are also targeted.
    There are quite a few working to preserve marriage as it is legally defined now.

This "noble" movement to speed things along in Washington State...
    is actually to take away Gay Marriage that is already established. Here it is. It looks like they have the best interest of "their gay friends" in mind: http://protectmarriagewa.com/ google that group and it is a pretty negative slew of lies and deception they lay out. Do you really believe they have any interest in providing rights to gay couples. Its layed out pretty plain and they are spending a lot of money to further their cause.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

Now Ill prepare myself for a slew of passive aggressive posts from Pandora playing the victim.

Better yet, Im just going to back out now. Cant converse with someone living in an alternate reality (or blatantly lying and deceiving).
    I did not say this was noble and I know exactly what it is, why it is now for equal civil unions,
    an amendment from our President.

I have been saying they will attract people based on preserving marriage
    appealing to families, history etc. As with the websites I visited.

It appears though some are not attacking civil liberties...
    the interview I saw had nothing to do with civil unions, never mentioned,
    only the protection of marriage. This the movement I was speaking of
    preservers of marriage, as the speaker touched on.

It is a trend I believe, to separate civil union and protecting marriage tradition.
    This what I got from the TV reporting and what they were promoting.

I think it is you who is not taking any of this seriously enough. Name calling, ranting,
    hopefully many are being more proactive to stop this movement than that.

And why would I be a victim here? :fp: :nono:

I'm feeling quite strong thank you very much :mrgreen:
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    [:lol: sorry the irony in this is incredible don't mean to be disrespectful but sweet jesus who is calling the kettle black. Which thread shall I pick from that you have posted in hmmm ...
    so many to choose ;)

i generally type & write in my little creative writing style. i communicate very well on here. people can read and understand exactly what i am saying in my writing.

i take you up on your challenge at finding anything of mine that is incoherent and seemingly written by a ridiculously insane wildman with a uneducated undertone.
    :lol:

well you are cute as hell Chadwick
    always a joy very creative and that shows through in your posts
    true, you may not kill animals but you have stated you support those who do legally no matter the beast they are murdering. ted nugent legally blew a rhinoceros's gut all over the ground. this is uncalled for and a dispicable act. nugent legally blows holes clear through giraffes for entertainment purposes. this is a piece of dog shit, one ted nugent.

you see, your thinking is something i am trying hard to grasp. i am failing, i must say. please help me understand. show me step by step how gay civil union is the term marriage and how gay civil union is not prejudice at heart. marriage is not for men and women solely.

marriage is for soul mates, lovers, and those whom enjoy one anothers company so much, so deeply they dedicate themselves to one another till death do they part.

that is until some other gay man has a bigger harder tool and more money. ...... wait.

that's women i'm going on about.

two gay men can be dead ass broke and most likely not gives two shits either way.

97% of all women enjoy a man's pocket book

let's ask priceofdorkness how gay men feel about nailing one another when they are poor and maybe one has money and the other does not.

pandora, would you be w/ BJ if he were dirt poor as shit?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    gay men
    gay women
    have every right to marriage as pandora and her husband. gays have every right to man & man or woman & woman marriage as godfather and his wife do. there is no difference at all. none, zero, zip. human is human.

denying a loving couple this exact joint through love, marriage, and (if you will) romance, is cruel & unusual and denies equal rights to the loving couple; men to men & women to women

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    gay men
    gay women
    have every right to marriage as pandora and her husband. gays have every right to man & man or woman & woman marriage as godfather and his wife do. there is no difference at all. none, zero, zip. human is human.

denying a loving couple this exact joint through love, marriage, and (if you will) romance, is cruel & unusual and denies equal rights to the loving couple; men to men & women to women

about_stop.jpg
    chadwick wrote:
    true, you may not kill animals but you have stated you support those who do legally no matter the beast they are murdering. ted nugent legally blew a rhinoceros's gut all over the ground. this is uncalled for and a dispicable act. nugent legally blows holes clear through giraffes for entertainment purposes. this is a piece of dog shit, one ted nugent.

you see, your thinking is something i am trying hard to grasp. i am failing, i must say. please help me understand. show me step by step how gay civil union is the term marriage and how gay civil union is not prejudice at heart. marriage is not for men and women solely.

marriage is for soul mates, lovers, and those whom enjoy one anothers company so much, so deeply they dedicate themselves to one another till death do they part.

that is until some other gay man has a bigger harder tool and more money. ...... wait.

that's women i'm going on about.

two gay men can be dead ass broke and most likely not gives two shits either way.

97% of all women enjoy a man's pocket book

let's ask priceofdorkness how gay men feel about nailing one another when they are poor and maybe one has money and the other does not.

pandora, would you be w/ BJ if he were dirt poor as shit?
    I totally agree and I am pro gay marriage.
    Problem is my friends who have been together as long as Jay and I,
    ranging over 20 30 years for them, do not share the same legal rights
    as we enjoy.
    They share the same joys, they are married in their hearts
    with the ceremony too but no equal civil rights.

It is important to them to have these civil rights before they leave this world
    now would be best as some of our health not so good, we never know.
    This why I am pushing for equal gay civil unions now because as we see,
    gay marriage is going to be fought for decades. No congress no President is going
    to touch marriage now.

But we need our President to do something now. It won't be gay marriage for all
    but it could be equal rights for all ...
    what we got was weak support in my opinion.

There's a long way to go.
    chadwick wrote:
    gay men
    gay women

I never said they didn't Chadwick there you go again ...

gotta love how that brain works and sees what it wants too ;)

hope you get it after my last post...
    through the entire length of this thread you have proclaimed marriage is only for men & women due to traditional beliefs and that gays will house their (word) "marriage" under a different title from that of straight men and women in marriage and that it will then and only then be a gay civil union and not a marriage

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    pandora wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

There are quite a few working to preserve marriage as it is legally defined now.

This "noble" movement to speed things along in Washington State...
    is actually to take away Gay Marriage that is already established. Here it is. It looks like they have the best interest of "their gay friends" in mind: http://protectmarriagewa.com/ google that group and it is a pretty negative slew of lies and deception they lay out. Do you really believe they have any interest in providing rights to gay couples. Its layed out pretty plain and they are spending a lot of money to further their cause.

you have no idea what you are talking about.

Now Ill prepare myself for a slew of passive aggressive posts from Pandora playing the victim.

Better yet, Im just going to back out now. Cant converse with someone living in an alternate reality (or blatantly lying and deceiving).
    I did not say this was noble and I know exactly what it is, why it is now for equal civil unions,
    an amendment from our President.

I have been saying they will attract people based on preserving marriage
    appealing to families, history etc. As with the websites I visited.

It appears though some are not attacking civil liberties...
    the interview I saw had nothing to do with civil unions, never mentioned,
    only the protection of marriage. This the movement I was speaking of
    preservers of marriage, as the speaker touched on.

It is a trend I believe, to separate civil union and protecting marriage tradition.
    This what I got from the TV reporting and what they were promoting.

I think it is you who is not taking any of this seriously enough. Name calling, ranting,
    hopefully many are being more proactive to stop this movement than that.

And why would I be a victim here? :fp: :nono:

I'm feeling quite strong thank you very much :mrgreen:

pandora, mayday was right on target.

A bill to legalize same-sex marriage passed the Legislature and was signed by Governor Christine Gregoire on February 13, 2012. Same sex marriages can be performed starting on June 7, 2012, but that may be delayed if opponents gather enough signatures to force a voter referendum on the legislation. If the signatures are gathered, the legislation will only come into force following a November ballot, if it is upheld by the vote.

so yes gay marriage has in fact been legalize in WA state. myself & everyone i'm aware of are hoping it remains that way.

as for the bigots that are trying to gather signatures to force a referedum to repeal it. :nono: may they never get the 120,577 verified signatures to get it on the ballot
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    edited May 2012
    chadwick wrote:
    through the entire length of this thread you have proclaimed marriage is only for men & women due to traditional beliefs and that gays will house their (word) "marriage" under a different title from that of straight men and women in marriage and that it will then and only then be a gay civil union and not a marriage
    NO! :nono: I have been stating what the marriage preservers have stated period...
    not my beliefs. I have done this is bring to this thread something more than ranting and ragging.
    It is to show that the movement to preserve marriage
    for a union exclusive to a man and a woman is growing.
    It is separate from civil liberties but based on preserving traditional marriage

I have been on this board for years now
    my stance has always been pro gay marriage.

Since I was young, to this day, I have had many gay friends.
    Being a floral designer in my 20's they were my mentors and more,
    lifelong friends.

My gay friends want equal rights and have said they do not care
    about marriage or what it is called they are already married in every way.
    They do want the same civil unions recognized with equal rights and they want them
    now.
    This is my experience and what has driven everything I have wrote here
    for them to read :wave:

To think gay marriage is not going to have a fight that will last a very long time
    is being unrealistic.
    We see this with the nature of the NC law and its passing.

A solution would be to have an amendment granting equal civil liberties now
    this done for the generations of gays that began their relationships in the 60' and 70's,
    that are feeling their mortality, as my peeps are and would like equal rights.
    Post edited by pandora on
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    Looks like even the GOP understand the trends...

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com ... ssues.html
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    prism wrote:
    pandora, mayday was right on target.

A bill to legalize same-sex marriage passed the Legislature and was signed by Governor Christine Gregoire on February 13, 2012. Same sex marriages can be performed starting on June 7, 2012, but that may be delayed if opponents gather enough signatures to force a voter referendum on the legislation. If the signatures are gathered, the legislation will only come into force following a November ballot, if it is upheld by the vote.

so yes gay marriage has in fact been legalize in WA state. myself & everyone i'm aware of are hoping it remains that way.

as for the bigots that are trying to gather signatures to force a referedum to repeal it. :nono: may they never get the 120,577 verified signatures to get it on the ballot
    Exactly what I have said.
    Then perhaps you have also witnessed those who are not bigots
    who want the same civil union rights and want only to preserve marriage,
    as I have witnessed. To generalize and call all supporters bigots is narrow minded
    but appears to be very easy to do.

84,000 sigs of 150,000 needed.

Very true they may not get the needed signatures to bring to referendum,
    even if they did what are the chances of the vote winning....
    ComeToTX wrote:

These include majority Republican support for:

a. Protecting gays and lesbians against being fired for reasons of sexual orientation
    b. Protections against bullying and harassment
    c. Repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.
    d. Right to visit partners in hospitals
    e. Protecting partners against loss of home in case of severe medical emergencies or death
    f. Legal protection in some form for gay couples whether it be same sex marriage or domestic partnership (only 29% of Republicans oppose legal recognition in any form).
    great! our President and Congress should grant the same civil union rights now.

equal civil rights! :D
  • your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    pandora wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

a. Protecting gays and lesbians against being fired for reasons of sexual orientation
    e. Protecting partners against loss of home in case of severe medical emergencies or death
    f. Legal protection in some form for gay couples whether it be same sex marriage or domestic partnership (only 29% of Republicans oppose legal recognition in any form).

seriously pandora equal means THE SAME!! as in the same as hetro couple I don't know how many other ways to say it... this is not the same
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
    pandora wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

seriously pandora equal means THE SAME!! as in the same as hetro couple I don't know how many other ways to say it... this is not the same
    as someone mentioned in the other thread make all civil unions
    and let the churches handle the marriages

The rights are equal, as my friends have said they want now,
    they could care less they are already married in every way! :D
    i am confused

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    i am confused
    hmmm...

morning! :mrgreen:
    Churches don't legally marry anyone. It's symbolic. You're not recognized as married until you file your marriage license with the state. I've been married for 6 years. Wasn't married anywhere near a church and god was never mentioned.
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Churches don't legally marry anyone. It's symbolic. You're not recognized as married until you file your marriage license with the state. I've been married for 6 years. Wasn't married anywhere near a church and god was never mentioned.
    thank you

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Pandora,

You're friends don't speak for all gay people. Most would not be ok with the proposal you keep suggesting. Because its NOT EQUAL!
    pandora wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i am confused
    hmmm...

morning! :mrgreen:
    good morning, pan

im listening to ted nugent and i'm about to worship my gun collection and bullets factory. how are you this morning my cheerful flowering southern friend? got your pool fired up? when are you swimming and can one swim great distances in lake spivey??

can a gay couple, man or woman, get hitched at the gazebo @ lake spivey in assless chaps? OR is it defined as a gay civil union and may darker colored friends attend and is georgia still very much prejudice as we have learned from the (civil rights) ray charles song, georgia?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    ComeToTX wrote:

Exactly... Make same sex marriages legal at the state level, and churches can decide if they want to "marry" whomever they want to marry, but everyone can get a legal marriage filling out the state paperwork.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,415
    This thread needs a timeout.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sCxS6N3-4

hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
This discussion has been closed.