Separating/Divorcing-Anyone in the process?

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    this all just sounds so awful.
    closest i got was looking at rings.
    then it was over...and that was probably the roughest time in my life.
    guess it was for the best. all these legalities seem to turn people pretty backwards.

sincere best of luck to all
    dont think im ever getting married
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    MEGATRON wrote:
    this all just sounds so awful.
    closest i got was looking at rings.
    then it was over...and that was probably the roughest time in my life.
    guess it was for the best. all these legalities seem to turn people pretty backwards.

sincere best of luck to all
    dont think im ever getting married

well, yeah--there are much more fun things i can think of doing besides getting divorced!!!

I'm definitely NOT looking forward to the legal stuff...I really hope we can keep things as civil as they've been, but who knows.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    I'm finally ready to admit it's over.

It'll be a long waiting process, though. We both have moved to different states and have to wait for residency. I think the soonest we can file is October.

Doesn't really matter, I'm not talking to him anyway and we are living completely separate lives.

No kids, thank goodness, but I'm gonna miss my doggies.

I wish all the best to everyone else going through this.

i'm so sorry....i wish you the best.
    hope this is the start of brighter days for you, and anyone going thru this....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,232
    I am sorry to all that are getting separated or a divorce...i have never had either...thank god...but I do know one thing..my Wifes Ex has totally destroyed there kids lives...its very very sad...the games he plays with them is just horried:( ill keep it short..lets just say..he lied and brainwashed one to move in with him..so now he doesnt have to pay child support...and now shes a mess..because its horried over there.because well. the other one lives with us and has a court order never to see her father again( tried to kill herself serveral times.....so the other child gets all the lashing.. now...its a sad f-ed up stuff going on:( its depressing...
  • IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    I am sorry to all that are getting separated or a divorce...i have never had either...thank god...but I do know one thing..my Wifes Ex has totally destroyed there kids lives...its very very sad...the games he plays with them is just horried:( ill keep it short..lets just say..he lied and brainwashed one to move in with him..so now he doesnt have to pay child support...and now shes a mess..because its horried over there.because well. the other one lives with us and has a court order never to see her father again( tried to kill herself serveral times.....so the other child gets all the lashing.. now...its a sad f-ed up stuff going on:( its depressing...

jeez.....that does not sound like a good situation...especially for the kids.
    Thankfully i am in an extremely happy marriage (9 years)..
    Keep the chins up to everyone else

Great thread btw
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I looked at an apartment yesterday, and I really have a good feeling about it. Now I just have to fill out forms on line on the court house site, and then turn them into them, and then he'll be served.

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,232
    good luck HSBox!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    I looked at an apartment yesterday, and I really have a good feeling about it. Now I just have to fill out forms on line on the court house site, and then turn them into them, and then he'll be served.

yougotserved.jpg

sorry..had too

I've started looking for an apartment too...that's kinda weird to do on my own, but i am really looking forward to having my own place.

good luck getting those papers done...you need that to happen!

• i'm so sorry....i wish you the best.
    hope this is the start of brighter days for you, and anyone going thru this....

Thank you, dreams. So far, so good.
    I carried a watermelon
    It's really been a long time coming... I moved out over this past weekend... I miss my little doggies, 2 Jack Russell Terriers... I need a hug...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    It's really been a long time coming... I moved out over this past weekend... I miss my little doggies, 2 Jack Russell Terriers... I need a hug...

sigh ... I miss my JRT (passed last year) ...

but hey, the Red Sox are your boyfriend now! And your boyfriend is kicking the crap out of the Yankees this week! :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

but hey, the Red Sox are your boyfriend now! And your boyfriend is kicking the crap out of the Yankees this week! :D
    I'm so sorry about your JRT... How old was your JRT? My oldest will be 8 in August, and she has aged so much so quickly... my youngest is mixed JRT, he'll be 3 this month...

I've always had a BIG crush on the Red Sox... ;):mrgreen::lol::mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    MEGATRON wrote:

yougotserved.jpg

sorry..had too
    It's okay... :)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:

I'm so sorry about your JRT... How old was your JRT? My oldest will be 8 in August, and she has aged so much so quickly... my youngest is mixed JRT, he'll be 3 this month...

I've always had a BIG crush on the Red Sox... ;):mrgreen::lol::mrgreen:

He was 17! Lived a nice long life ... so, really no complaints ... he was the best dog ever!

I know you love your Red Sox!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Wow!! He did live a long time... they are very entertaining dogs too :) ... how did you ever guess that I love the Red Sox Jim??? ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I hopefully am finished getting things out of the house, and into my apartment... it was a horrible day yesterday... felt like a stabbing pain in my stomach... he :evil: closed a checking account that was in my name, he was added on awhile ago, but I was the primary person on the account... it's going to be a really nasty time...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I hopefully am finished getting things out of the house, and into my apartment... it was a horrible day yesterday... felt like a stabbing pain in my stomach... he :evil: closed a checking account that was in my name, he was added on awhile ago, but I was the primary person on the account... it's going to be a really nasty time...
    they do tend to turn on you... I'm sorry, but once rid of him it'll all look up again.
    I'm waiting for my light through the clouds!
    Pretty soon I'm gonna get on a ladder and move the clouds myself! :lol:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"

I'm sorry about this stuff...I'm glad you moved out and are heading in the right direction...all of this BS that he's putting you thru sucks, but will only make YOU stronger in the long run. When all is said and done, you'll be the one who took the high road.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,984
    So it's been a month since this began. Dissolution in the works. Still don't agree with the decision , but what can I do?Appears to be a fairly easy process. And further , while I don't agree with the decision , we are cooperating with each other. So I have that going for me! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    So it's been a month since this began. Dissolution in the works. Still don't agree with the decision , but what can I do?Appears to be a fairly easy process. And further , while I don't agree with the decision , we are cooperating with each other. So I have that going for me! :mrgreen:

I think cooperating with each other is great--and whether you agree with the decision or not, it's going to help you in the long run if you can keep it amicable.

I'm getting the dissolution started myself. I met with a lawyer last week who gave me the lowdown on the process, and I'm surprised about how easy it seems so far (just hope it continues to be easy....)

edited July 2009
    mickeyrat wrote:

I think cooperating with each other is great--and whether you agree with the decision or not, it's going to help you in the long run if you can keep it amicable.

I'm getting the dissolution started myself. I met with a lawyer last week who gave me the lowdown on the process, and I'm surprised about how easy it seems so far (just hope it continues to be easy....)
    Yes the cooperation is a must. I do love her dearly and want to leave the door open and not burn any bridges with her. She's too important to me to do that.
    She says she loves , just no longer as her husband. Believes we have grown to far apart to go to counseling and work on our relationship. There are other issues which I won't go into here , as she is a member too and that stuff is a private matter.And further I'm not looking to hurt her in any kind of forum.

I have a very good attorney , who has inserted some clauses to protect the both of us. She is a law student and drafted the initial papers herself. Did a good job too. So yes I agree a simple and straightforward process. Still don't like this path we're on , but c'est la vie!

Funny how things change.Totally different feelings toward the future now
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Yes the cooperation is a must. I do love her dearly and want to leave the door open and not burn any bridges with her. She's too important to me to do that.
    She says she loves , just no longer as her husband. Believes we have grown to far apart to go to counseling and work on our relationship. There are other issues which I won't go into here , as she is a member too and that stuff is a private matter.And further I'm not looking to hurt her in any kind of forum.

I have a very good attorney , who has inserted some clauses to protect the both of us. She is a law student and drafted the initial papers herself. Did a good job too. So yes I agree a simple and straightforward process. Still don't like this path we're on , but c'est la vie!

and so begins my process...we already agreed on the "terms" and now just have to give the lawyer the $ to get the ball rolling. it's kinda crazy how this works.

I've been calling this pro bono referral place for over a month now, and finally yesterday I actually spoke with someone... now I just have to wait to see if I qualify :roll:

It will be almost two months since I've moved out, and I must say I love it, but I still miss my dogs, and I don't have a car, which would bring me more freedom, instead of depending on other people's schedule's to do things...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    17 days til this thorn in my side is removed. NEVER get married. You'll wind up getting fucked over like I did.

I've been calling this pro bono referral place for over a month now, and finally yesterday I actually spoke with someone... now I just have to wait to see if I qualify :roll:

It will be almost two months since I've moved out, and I must say I love it, but I still miss my dogs, and I don't have a car, which would bring me more freedom, instead of depending on other people's schedule's to do things...

I hope that you qualify--that would be so helpful...anything you can do to make this easier on yourself would be great...we found our lawyer thru a friend, and it's only costing us about 1/3 of what it would have otherwise.

my news---the paperwork was sent in on Thursday, so things are finally happening! I moved into a new apartment...and i'm HAPPY! I hope the rest of you can be happy soon too

• ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443

my news---the paperwork was sent in on Thursday, so things are finally happening! I moved into a new apartment...and i'm HAPPY! I hope the rest of you can be happy soon too

Glad to hear it girl. :) Hope I see you soon so we can celebrate your exciting new start!!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854

Glad to hear it girl. :) Hope I see you soon so we can celebrate your exciting new start!!

Agreed. I'm glad it's moving forward for you....Seems to be standing uncomfortably still here. :?
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,

Agreed. I'm glad it's moving forward for you....Seems to be standing uncomfortably still here. :?

oh man...I'm sorry :-( how long have you been at a standstill, Miggy??

I'm really hoping that things progress quickly with my paperwork, but who knows. I'd like to think that, because of how un-complicated mine is, that it will be easy---so now i just have to wait.

• Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854

oh man...I'm sorry :-( how long have you been at a standstill, Miggy??

I'm really hoping that things progress quickly with my paperwork, but who knows. I'd like to think that, because of how un-complicated mine is, that it will be easy---so now i just have to wait.
    My situation is just messed up. I know that having an uncomplicated situation is much easier and I'm so glad that you appreciate it!

Enjoy life!! This tour will be beautiful!! :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,