Separating/Divorcing-Anyone in the process?

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    it's the same old shit; we both think we're getting screwed...and we are...by our lawyers.

ha! classic! maybe it's only funny to lawyers.

(sorry, not to make light of the situation. best of luck to everyone going through this.)
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    what do scantily-clad pillows look like? 8-)

PillowPeople_MrSandman.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:[/quote]

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH ha ha ha!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    fanch75 wrote:
    (I know a certain awesome someone here has been helping me a lot with this--THANK YOU)

He just wants to be there when you're ready to give up the goods in your time of need. Just saying. :)

hmmm...what do you think, Brandi!?! LOL!
    Well I do get lonely at night! ;) :P hehe!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    norm wrote:
    :evil:
    I was already fighting to keep images of scantily-clad pillow fights out of my head...this didn't help ;)

so it wasn't just me? phew!! :mrgreen:
    Oh you silly boys! ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    :evil:
    I was already fighting to keep images of scantily-clad pillow fights out of my head...this didn't help ;)

so it wasn't just me? phew!! :mrgreen:
    Oh you silly boys! ;)

if i didn't have a fantasy life, i'd have no life at all ;):mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

too bad the tweet wasn't a west coast tour, or we'd be bringing the "awesome PJ girl" par-TAY out your way! hehe :D
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

too bad the tweet wasn't a west coast tour, or we'd be bringing the "awesome PJ girl" par-TAY out your way! hehe :D

more tweets to come ;):mrgreen:
  • annenomiesannenomies Posts: 165
    I totally know what you are going through. My husband and I just separated in January - been together for 15 years. It is really difficult but time does help the healing process. Start doing things you want to do - get a pedicure, go out for a drink, go to concerts! Hang in there, you've got friends! pm if you want to talk
    annenomies wrote:
    I totally know what you are going through. My husband and I just separated in January - been together for 15 years. It is really difficult but time does help the healing process. Start doing things you want to do - get a pedicure, go out for a drink, go to concerts! Hang in there, you've got friends! pm if you want to talk
    I'm sorry to hear that. That's a long time to be together. I wish you the best in all that is to come!! ANd plenty of healing and happiness :D
    annenomies wrote:

hey there...I'm sorry you're going thru this too. I'm working on doing things for me, because I'm important :-)

annenomies wrote:

hey there...I'm sorry you're going thru this too. I'm working on doing things for me, because I'm important :-)
    and you ROCK too! :D
    annenomies wrote:

and you ROCK too! :D

i do.

(and so do you :-) )

• Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    what do scantily-clad pillows look like? 8-)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH ha ha ha!!![/quote]

Is it just me or is that one slutty-looking pillow?
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,

she does look a little 'ready' for something.... and it ain't a pillow fight!!! :shock:

she does look a little 'ready' for something.... and it ain't a pillow fight!!! :shock:

I hope we keep quoting the Pillow-picture, because it cracks me up every time!

she's got some serious bedroom eyes :twisted:

if only she was wearing white pants! :mrgreen:

:lol: nice.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,

LOL...she won't look as good in them...

LOL...she won't look as good in them...
    this is true... but if I recall it was Black pants that really "made the statement" !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    So, my husband and I are separating....and I am trying to figure out what the heck to do...I'm so overwhelmed. Any thoughts? Advice?

I'm staying with a friend until i can find my own place...

(I know a certain awesome someone here has been helping me a lot with this--THANK YOU)
    I'm filing for divorce, we had agreed on everything and now he's refusing to go before a notary to sign the papers. I've made up my mind, I want out and have for a long time now...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I'm filing for divorce, we had agreed on everything and now he's refusing to go before a notary to sign the papers. I've made up my mind, I want out and have for a long time now...[/quote]

ahh...I'm sorry--that has to be so frustrating for you, knowing what you want and being stuck. I hope he steps up and does it soon :roll:

So, my husband and I are separating....and I am trying to figure out what the heck to do...I'm so overwhelmed. Any thoughts? Advice?

I'm staying with a friend until i can find my own place...

I'm filing for divorce, we had agreed on everything and now he's refusing to go before a notary to sign the papers. I've made up my mind, I want out and have for a long time now...

This is what I'm most afraid of...I feel so confident of our commitment to make it amicable, but there are so many of these type of stories. I always seems to get ugly.

I hope everything goes smoothly, HSB!
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Poncier wrote:

(and my gawd there are some good lookin' newly single pearl jam girls on here!!!)
    This statement shows how well conseling works!
    ;)

:mrgreen:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    so I actually went out last night with a girlfriend...it was fascinating how many guys notice when a girl doesn't have a wedding ring on...i felt like i had a giant sign on my head saying "Newly Single-ish!"

when you guys separated and went out on your own, what did you feel like? I almost didn't know what to with myself...

so I actually went out last night with a girlfriend...it was fascinating how many guys notice when a girl doesn't have a wedding ring on...i felt like i had a giant sign on my head saying "Newly Single-ish!"

when you guys separated and went out on your own, what did you feel like? I almost didn't know what to with myself...
    Its a strange feeling... At first the though of another man made me sick.... But after time it was fun, and I found I had more confidance then I used to because hey if it didn't work out I had already been married! It was a 'fuck it' attitude.... Before I felt like I HAD to find the right man. I probably scare em off quick cause I don't shy away from being divorced like my one friend does. She says 'I'm outta a long term relationship'... But then again I'm as open as they come, if ya couldn't tell already!

Just go with it... Those 'other guys' will help you decide what you really wanna do in yiur marriage. I'm NOT saying to sleep with em, just that they can help you tell if your husband is/will give you what you need.

It's a long road... And god knows I'm still on it... But it can be fun if you let it be. :)
    Its a strange feeling... At first the though of another man made me sick.... But after time it was fun, and I found I had more confidance then I used to because hey if it didn't work out I had already been married! It was a 'fuck it' attitude.... Before I felt like I HAD to find the right man. I probably scare em off quick cause I don't shy away from being divorced like my one friend does. She says 'I'm outta a long term relationship'... But then again I'm as open as they come, if ya couldn't tell already!

Just go with it... Those 'other guys' will help you decide what you really wanna do in yiur marriage. I'm NOT saying to sleep with em, just that they can help you tell if your husband is/will give you what you need.

It's a long road... And god knows I'm still on it... But it can be fun if you let it be. :)

yeahhhh...I didn't sleep with anyone....at first I was nervous but ended up having a really good time. I guess I have nothing to lose by meeting people. we'll have to facebook chat soon...so i can delve into more details :-)

• EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    the best advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time and to stay positive. I'm divorced and even tho I was miserable in my marriage and he was emotionally abusive to me, I never bad mouthed him to anyone.. I focused on myself and my happiness. good luck and peace and love to you.
    Earthgirl wrote:
    the best advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time and to stay positive. I'm divorced and even tho I was miserable in my marriage and he was emotionally abusive to me, I never bad mouthed him to anyone.. I focused on myself and my happiness. good luck and peace and love to you.

thank you...I'm focusing on that too--We're very fortunate to be on good terms, and neither of us has any reason to bad mouth the other...helps keep things amicable and positive.

Earthgirl wrote:

great advice. :)
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I just may or may have not been convinced to get out
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?