Separating/Divorcing-Anyone in the process?

Comments

• Thanks....Glad you have come out the otherside...Seems like mine is just beginning...A different emotion everday(sometimes every freaking hour :lol: )...Mad....sad....relief...lonliness...It changes like the freaking weather...Use to think I was just one of those people who could get through anything unscathed...Turns out I am an emotional wreck at times...Never been this way and it is def strange....16 years....where did the time go and how did we let it die...Swore I would never do that! :|

yeah...i definitely did not see myself divorced at 31, after being with my ex for 10 years...but am making the best of the situation. it's definitely different for each of us, and I just happened to move past most of this crap quickly, although I do have my moments!!!

the typical advice (take it one day at a time, etc) is the best...it will get better...in the meantime, let yourself be mad, sad, lonely, etc...it's all ok een though it sucks :roll:
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,983
    Thanks....Glad you have come out the otherside...Seems like mine is just beginning...A different emotion everday(sometimes every freaking hour :lol: )...Mad....sad....relief...lonliness...It changes like the freaking weather...Use to think I was just one of those people who could get through anything unscathed...Turns out I am an emotional wreck at times...Never been this way and it is def strange....16 years....where did the time go and how did we let it die...Swore I would never do that! :|

yeah...i definitely did not see myself divorced at 31, after being with my ex for 10 years...but am making the best of the situation. it's definitely different for each of us, and I just happened to move past most of this crap quickly, although I do have my moments!!!

the typical advice (take it one day at a time, etc) is the best...it will get better...in the meantime, let yourself be mad, sad, lonely, etc...it's all ok een though it sucks :roll:
    Truer words were never spoken. 3 1/2 months since the hearing. It does get easier to carry it. Not a day goes by that I don't think of.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • I'm glad things are getting a bit easier for you! it's really been over 3 months already? I remember when you posted that the trial had happened...

I know I'll still think of my ex at times, I mean, 10 years with someone makes for a lot of memories!! I just try to remember the good ones.
    And when it comes to stuff he always did for me (like computer or car stuff) I reach out to my friends or learn how to do it myself...but i still automatically think of asking him for help...i'll get used to it eventually, i'm sure.

• I got the paperwork in the mail yesterday...on March 11, the dissolution of my marriage will be official.

On one hand, it feels like it's taken forever....on the other, I can't believe that in 6 weeks i'll be divorced!

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Tomorrow we'll be filling out the divorce papers...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I got the paperwork in the mail yesterday...on March 11, the dissolution of my marriage will be official.

On one hand, it feels like it's taken forever....on the other, I can't believe that in 6 weeks i'll be divorced!
    Congrats!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Tomorrow we'll be filling out the divorce papers...

well, that's good for you...it'll be nice for you to get things moving along

Tomorrow we'll be filling out the divorce papers...

well, that's good for you...it'll be nice for you to get things moving along
    I can't wait to finally start living life.. :)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad

• I can't wait to finally start living life.. :)

and you sooooo deserve it, my dear...good luck tomorrow!

I can't wait to finally start living life.. :)

and you sooooo deserve it, my dear...good luck tomorrow!
    thank you (((( hugs ))))

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Stumble My Way

I gave up on forever
    And ever and ever
    Before it even began
    Something like love
    Turned into hate
    The second that ring
    Touched your hand
    I let go of the rope
    And fell into the dark
    And out of the light
    Made my stand

You thought I had slipped
    Just out of your sight
    But God I was so far away
    I don't want to come back
    I don't want to be found
    I know I can never be saved

I crawled to the shore
    Of a high mountain lake
    Where even my own face
    seemed fake
    I built a home
    And I lived alone
    While I stumbled my way
    Into grace
    I forgot about us
    And I let myself be
    Now I can't even
    Picture your face

You thought I had slipped
    Just out of your sight
    But God I was so far away
    I don't want to come back
    I don't want to be found
    I know I can never be saved

One foot in front of the other
    As I stumble my way into grace
    I said one foot in front of the other
    As I stumble my way into grace
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • wow, eyedclaar...thanks for sharing that!

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    wow, eyedclaar...thanks for sharing that!

Sure. It was a song I wrote about my ex. Man, I used to love singing that one!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I got the paperwork in the mail yesterday...on March 11, the dissolution of my marriage will be official.

i wish i would have known this in seattle
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I got the paperwork in the mail yesterday...on March 11, the dissolution of my marriage will be official.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

i mean i could have said good luck with it , not hit on you or anything ;)8-)

although the reaction to unthought known was just divine :clap: :thumbup:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LOL!!!!

ok...i need to know this reaction!!! I have noooooo idea, and i know i wasn't drunk so.....

LOL!!!!

ok...i need to know this reaction!!! I have noooooo idea, and i know i wasn't drunk so.....

you and your partner looked at each other with the 'oh my god they're playing look" :mrgreen:

then you did alittle jumpy dance and sang it loud lol
  • LOL!!!!

you and your partner looked at each other with the 'oh my god they're playing look" :mrgreen:

AAH HA HA HA....that would be my happy dance :D and I apologize for my singing...but MAN did we have fun!

LOL!!!!

AAH HA HA HA....that would be my happy dance :D and I apologize for my singing...but MAN did we have fun!

you turned to my gf early on and complimented her singing on corduroy lol

and yes twas a good night
  • AAH HA HA HA....that would be my happy dance :D and I apologize for my singing...but MAN did we have fun!

that's awesome :-)

this past tour was my reward to myself for going thru this divorce on my terms...I had a blast at every show i went to....maybe we'll see you guys again this tour :-)

this past tour was my reward to myself for going thru this divorce on my terms...I had a blast at every show i went to....maybe we'll see you guys again this tour :-)

i would have zero problem sitting behind you again :mrgreen:;)

• that's awesome :-)

LOL! you and my BF can sit behind me and your GF...and she and I can sing together ;)

LOL! you and my BF can sit behind me and your GF...and she and I can sing together ;)

HEY NOW!!
  • i would have zero problem sitting behind you again :mrgreen:;)

HEY NOW!![/quote]

what!?!?!? seems like a great time to me!!! If there's a show around March 11, we can all celebrate my official change in marital status!

• So I am going in tomorrow to sign documents to get the dissolution of marriage under way. I do not really know what to expect. :? My wife left about 7 months ago, and I feel like I have been doing pretty well. I am working out quite a bit, started p90x a few weeks ago. it is all just a little weird going through this at 31 years old. I guess I feel like I should not be. Thank you everyone here who provided support in the past. I really do appreciate it.
  • So I am going in tomorrow to sign documents to get the dissolution of marriage under way. I do not really know what to expect. :? My wife left about 7 months ago, and I feel like I have been doing pretty well. I am working out quite a bit, started p90x a few weeks ago. it is all just a little weird going through this at 31 years old. I guess I feel like I should not be. Thank you everyone here who provided support in the past. I really do appreciate it.

good luck. keep your chin up!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.

hey....i know we've discussed the similarities in our respective situations, but you're welcome to call/text if you want to talk. When this all started for me (at 30), I felt like I had suddenly grown up a LOT...I've felt pretty good over the past 6-8 months...but it was strange to get the final paperwork showing the date that i'll be "single" again. not strange in a bad way, but strange in that it was really happening and going to be over in 5 weeks.

I hope it goes well for you tomorrow...just make sure that you do whatever you need to do to be happy in the long run...good luck, G!

• Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    So I am going in tomorrow to sign documents to get the dissolution of marriage under way. I do not really know what to expect. :? My wife left about 7 months ago, and I feel like I have been doing pretty well. I am working out quite a bit, started p90x a few weeks ago. it is all just a little weird going through this at 31 years old. I guess I feel like I should not be. Thank you everyone here who provided support in the past. I really do appreciate it.

Sorry to hear you are going through the process. The workout is a common and healthy way to cope with your situation. Good luck with what lies a head and remember that it gets better.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    sooo....updates on my situation:

today would have been our 7th anniversary...which is a little weird.

Our divorce is final in 5 days.

Oh, two weeks ago, my ex told me that he and he girlfriend are having a baby.