Options

Message from UPS to our European Super Deluxe Customers

Comments

• Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 65
    I'm from Greece and after an e-mail I sent to 10C showing complete irritation and fury of what had happened I stated I refuse to pay even a cent more so they either had to had my package at my door with no extra fees or refund me. And santa's little helper informed there's gonna be a refund.
    So I'm waiting for the money to go back in my card the next days and then order it through Amazon or sth which is a lot cheaper then the final amount I was supposed to pay with the fees.. Imagine my monthly salary is 750 euros and I was supposed to pay from 65 up to 130 euros more for something I could find in stores in the price of 100 euros or little more. That was a disturbing situtation, for me it ended well but for friends and fellow members it rather did not. When 10C stated 50$ shipping, that should be all. They should've send it as simple mail package and not as merchandise or anything. Anyway, I hope everything will go back to normal but I personally will think about it before renewing my membership.

Peace.
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I just want to make his quote stand out more, as this can positively affect European customers. I don't want it to get overlooked.
    TheSkyEtc wrote:
    I'm from Greece and after an e-mail I sent to 10C showing complete irritation and fury of what had happened I stated I refuse to pay even a cent more so they either had to had my package at my door with no extra fees or refund me. And santa's little helper informed there's gonna be a refund.
    So I'm waiting for the money to go back in my card the next days and then order it through Amazon or sth which is a lot cheaper then the final amount I was supposed to pay with the fees.. Imagine my monthly salary is 750 euros and I was supposed to pay from 65 up to 130 euros more for something I could find in stores in the price of 100 euros or little more. That was a disturbing situtation, for me it ended well but for friends and fellow members it rather did not. When 10C stated 50$ shipping, that should be all. They should've send it as simple mail package and not as merchandise or anything. Anyway, I hope everything will go back to normal but I personally will think about it before renewing my membership.

Peace.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    TheSkyEtc wrote:

Peace.
    that's illegal since it IS merchandise, and there ALWAYS has to be a custom form if it cross a border, including within the EU.
    And once again, normal post would not guarantee you wouldn't have had to pay customs. by law you're required to, you might be lucky if they don't spot it but it's just that, luck.
    The UPS charge in Greece is a problem though, and one I'd would not let go without a fight with UPS.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    as far as im concerned this whole bullshit is ten clubs fault.
    i had to pay £30.00 for my box, and before that paid another £30.00 for two hoodies.
    why didnt they let customers know about this problem on the website???
    they must have known before any copies of sde shipped.
    they knew, but there was nothing they could do.
    i am not happy, i ordered the set from ten club sue to this whole sined set lottery, which was also bullshit.
    i could have bought it from a local record store, and paid no postage,
    the whole thing is a farce, sorry
  • Options
    Just got mine today, had to pay the UPS guy €45.

To be honest, I don't give a shit. Obviously I would like to still have that €45 but as soon as I opened the package and saw it, all the feelings of anger and injustice just fled in fear at the happiness I was feeling. I'm listening to the Drop In The Park LP right now and I've already listened to the remixed LP and I must say, it's fantastic.

Sure, it sucks that we had to pay more but whats done is done, enjoy the package and stop being bitter :D
    Kind words are the music of the world.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Just got mine today, had to pay the UPS guy €45.

To be honest, I don't give a shit. Obviously I would like to still have that €45 but as soon as I opened the package and saw it, all the feelings of anger and injustice just fled in fear at the happiness I was feeling. I'm listening to the Drop In The Park LP right now and I've already listened to the remixed LP and I must say, it's fantastic.

Sure, it sucks that we had to pay more but whats done is done, enjoy the package and stop being bitter :D

Times are financially tough for a lot of people. I'd say they have a 100% right to be upset about this... unless someone else is willing to pay their €€€.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    MB74233MB74233 Posts: 3
    I refused delivery of the boxset yesterday. Was told I would have to pay over 40 euro extra.
    It is a complete disaster imo. How this situation arose is beyond me and completely unacceptable. :roll:
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    I received my package today and didn't have to pay a cent,... yet. I talked to UPS earlier and they told me they will send the bill by mail later on, so we'll see what they're going to charge. They told me earlier that the "UPS fee" for customs clearance and paperwork or whatever they charge us for is 11,50 € here. Then I calculated two possible VAT's depending on what they use as the items value. Our VAT is 22%

1) 17,70€ if they use the $100

2) 33,60€ if they use the $190

I got a little suspicious when I received the box and there was no value printed on it. Was this value of $100 going electronically from Ten Club to UPS? Has the Ten Club / UPS conversations led to the value of $190, being used by UPS for the customs in Europe?

They already called me yesterday at 11.35 from UPS telling me it will be delivered between 15.00 and 18.00. Then when it didn't come I checked the tracking page on UPS website and it said it has been stopped at 12.00 for reasons UPS can't do anything about. They didn't see it necessary to call me and say that it won't be delivered today, so I waited anxiously in vain :( . So the box spent the night at the customs in Helsinki and today in the morning I called UPS and they didn't know why it was still at the customs. Then I finally got the call that they have my package in their delivery car and yes, I received it today although one day late!

If I get the bill of VAT according to the $190, I'm going to object and take it up with UPS, so that they'll use the price I actually paid in December when I ordered the box, when the USD was much weaker compared to the euro. This price I paid was 133,25 € so that would make 29,30€ in VAT. This way I'll save 4,30 € ! Yeeah :D

That said, the box is absolutely phenomenal! I listened to the Ten Redux on vinyl and it sounded absolutely amazing!

Only negative thing (if not counting that I didn't either get a signed one) was that the inside paper sheet that the LP was in had made some ugly white paper marks on the surface of the vinyl and they were glued to the surface so they didn't come of with the carbon fibre brush. This was on the beginning of the B-side so the beginning of Oceans had some nasty and loud sounding crackles and pops on every round the stylus touched that spot :( . I wonder if they go away with some vinyl washing liquids that there is available on the net?

Could Ten Club possible send me a new LP or is this something I can have a full full refund on if the whole package would be returned?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    You all know that 10c can't do a thing about customs charges and VAT, right? I realise that UPS are asking for extra money for delivery, but don't go shouting at 10c for stuff beyond their control.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Jennytree wrote:
    You all know that 10c can't do a thing about customs charges and VAT, right? I realise that UPS are asking for extra money for delivery, but don't go shouting at 10c for stuff beyond their control.
    ofcourse not they cant about vat,,but to make a deal with a company that ask for paper,store,custom employ 130 euros more is my fault?,,,and i buy something from 10c,,ups is just for the deliver,,for exable ,if it was not 10c and u buy from sony a tv and its cost 200 euros and the delivery ask 200 more,,u will buy from sony again?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Jennytree wrote:
    ofcourse not they cant about vat,,but to make a deal with a company that ask for paper,store,custom employ 130 euros more is my fault?,,,and i buy something from 10c,,ups is just for the deliver,,for exable ,if it was not 10c and u buy from sony a tv and its cost 200 euros and the delivery ask 200 more,,u will buy from sony again?

I would buy from them again, I would just try to ensure that they don't use the same delivery company again. If they refuse to use another, then there would be no way I'd wanna be ripped off. UPS screwed the 10c, they've admitted that, they're at fault.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I would buy from them again, I would just try to ensure that they don't use the same delivery company again. If they refuse to use another, then there would be no way I'd wanna be ripped off. UPS screwed the 10c, they've admitted that, they're at fault.
    any courier they use the result will be the same,,with post office no,,thats the whole story,,but when u want to deliver for examble 10,000 boxes for save money u go to the courier for better price,,,to post office they dont do that,u will pay the same price anyway u send 1 or 10,000,,and thats why the people here say that the put in the box that cost 100 and not for 190 we pay for not pay the fans extra,,but somehow the customs learn about it,,
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
    well i'm from greece and i still haven't got Ten Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition package..not even a ups code has been sent to me..and what about these bullshit about paying 130 euros more than the 10c price..?this is is supposed to be a pj fan club and the whole package is already cheaper at other sites..(e.g.amazon)..and what about telling lies to us..?When 10C stated 50$ shipping, that should be all. They should've send it as simple mail package and not as merchandise or anything.....i've already sent 5 emails to 10 club with my order details and questions about my order and NO ANSWER..!!
    i don't know what is going to happen but i've already regret ordering this package from 10c..and i'm really not bitter here but the worst of all is having thoughts about 10c..is this a fan club or just a company..?let me know...
    ''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
    and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
  • Options
    as far as im concerned this whole bullshit is ten clubs fault.
    i had to pay £30.00 for my box, and before that paid another £30.00 for two hoodies.
    why didnt they let customers know about this problem on the website???
    they must have known before any copies of sde shipped.
    they knew, but there was nothing they could do.
    i am not happy, i ordered the set from ten club sue to this whole sined set lottery, which was also bullshit.
    i could have bought it from a local record store, and paid no postage,
    the whole thing is a farce, sorry
    so YOU knew about it before you ordered since you'd already been hit by customs once!
    yet you have the nerves to complain they didn't warn you? (about something that has nothing to do with them and might not even have realised since it happens in another country)
    ..the M word comes to mind .. :roll:
    jmk wrote:
    I received my package today and didn't have to pay a cent,... yet. I talked to UPS earlier and they told me they will send the bill by mail later on, so we'll see what they're going to charge. They told me earlier that the "UPS fee" for customs clearance and paperwork or whatever they charge us for is 11,50 € here. Then I calculated two possible VAT's depending on what they use as the items value. Our VAT is 22%

1) 17,70€ if they use the $100

2) 33,60€ if they use the $190

I got a little suspicious when I received the box and there was no value printed on it. Was this value of $100 going electronically from Ten Club to UPS? Has the Ten Club / UPS conversations led to the value of $190, being used by UPS for the customs in Europe?

They already called me yesterday at 11.35 from UPS telling me it will be delivered between 15.00 and 18.00. Then when it didn't come I checked the tracking page on UPS website and it said it has been stopped at 12.00 for reasons UPS can't do anything about. They didn't see it necessary to call me and say that it won't be delivered today, so I waited anxiously in vain :( . So the box spent the night at the customs in Helsinki and today in the morning I called UPS and they didn't know why it was still at the customs. Then I finally got the call that they have my package in their delivery car and yes, I received it today although one day late!

If I get the bill of VAT according to the $190, I'm going to object and take it up with UPS, so that they'll use the price I actually paid in December when I ordered the box, when the USD was much weaker compared to the euro. This price I paid was 133,25 € so that would make 29,30€ in VAT. This way I'll save 4,30 € ! Yeeah :D
    for the 10 billionth time :roll: : the VAT is calculated upon item + shipping.
    So it'll NEVER be only on $100...at BEST it'll be on $150...but you can't prove the $50 (which is a brokered rate, not the full one you'd pay yourself and why they might estimate higher postage) without showing them the $140.
    And the fact the exchange rate changed between time of purchase and delivery is also irrelevant to customs (UPS doesn't decide it, the rate is fixed by customs, for whole weeks or even month at a time)
  • Options
    jeremy wrote:
    well i'm from greece and i still haven't got Ten Re-Issue Super DeLuxe Edition package..not even a ups code has been sent to me..and what about these bullshit about paying 130 euros more than the 10c price..?this is is supposed to be a pj fan club and the whole package is already cheaper at other sites..(e.g.amazon)..and what about telling lies to us..?When 10C stated 50$ shipping, that should be all. They should've send it as simple mail package and not as merchandise or anything.....i've already sent 5 emails to 10 club with my order details and questions about my order and NO ANSWER..!!
    i don't know what is going to happen but i've already regret ordering this package from 10c..and i'm really not bitter here but the worst of all is having thoughts about 10c..is this a fan club or just a company..?let me know...

to xasane to kouti patrioti,,,,
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    So it'll NEVER be only on $100...at BEST it'll be on $150...but you can't prove the $50 (which is a brokered rate, not the full one you'd pay yourself and why they might estimate higher postage) without showing them the $140.
    And the fact the exchange rate changed between time of purchase and delivery is also irrelevant to customs (UPS doesn't decide it, the rate is fixed by customs, for whole weeks or even month at a time)

I do know that according to law the VAT is calculated upon item+sipping, but has anyone officially (like Santos L Halper) said that we can forget about the $100 and use the $190 instead? And didn't Surfanddestroy write that "According to customs they can only calculate the charge by what has been declared $100."

When I spoke to UPS last Friday they told me that the value reported from Ten Club was $100 (as SLH did in the beginning of this thread), but has the "UPS/Ten Club mail exchange" led to the fact that UPS will now adjust all taxes according to the value of $190 and we will all have bills in our mail with the adjusted VATs?

As there was no value written on the box and no paper inside stating the real value, the only way is that UPS has changed the value they tell the customs/(or if they do the paperwork themselves at the customs) from $100 to $190.

With this big mess we can start speculating on the consequences of this what comes to Ten Clubs future deliveries of Pearl Jam goods.

a) I believe they might consider another partner than UPS

b) We can speculate what they do with the value printed on the box (if printed at all) or declared to the delivery firm. If UPS handles the customs clearance how was it possible that this real value came to their knowledge. I believe it's more a thing that the people at the customs would be interested in.

Why don't we ask Ten Club to next time declare a value of say $55 for a super deluxe set and we all keep quiet about it, so that we Europeans can have it a bit cheaper and won't have to pay VAT ;) .

Yes and we do want the box and the shipping much cheaper next time, so we all don't go and by it somewhere else...
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Just received my charge today...fuck UPS!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    CharlieP wrote:
    Just received my charge today...fuck UPS!

What value was the VAT was it based on?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

I do know that according to law the VAT is calculated upon item+sipping, but has anyone officially (like Santos L Halper) said that we can forget about the $100 and use the $190 instead? And didn't Surfanddestroy write that "According to customs they can only calculate the charge by what has been declared $100."

When I spoke to UPS last Friday they told me that the value reported from Ten Club was $100 (as SLH did in the beginning of this thread), but has the "UPS/Ten Club mail exchange" led to the fact that UPS will now adjust all taxes according to the value of $190 and we will all have bills in our mail with the adjusted VATs?

As there was no value written on the box and no paper inside stating the real value, the only way is that UPS has changed the value they tell the customs/(or if they do the paperwork themselves at the customs) from $100 to $190.

With this big mess we can start speculating on the consequences of this what comes to Ten Clubs future deliveries of Pearl Jam goods.

b) We can speculate what they do with the value printed on the box (if printed at all) or declared to the delivery firm. If UPS handles the customs clearance how was it possible that this real value came to their knowledge. I believe it's more a thing that the people at the customs would be interested in.

Why don't we ask Ten Club to next time declare a value of say $55 for a super deluxe set and we all keep quiet about it, so that we Europeans can have it a bit cheaper and won't have to pay VAT ;) .

Yes and we do want the box and the shipping much cheaper next time, so we all don't go and by it somewhere else...
    the postage won't be cheaper for something this size. point. there's actually a possibility that 10c is subsidising it at $50. And you'd have the exact same problem with any of the courier (and no courier is a very risky proposition for 10c re insurance for something this expensive, plus most countries would have fees on regular mail anyway, as I showed you).
    You're asking 10c to lie (technically they're probably not exactly lying with $100 as it's likely the cost of the boxset TO THEM and could plead ignorance on that basis, though it's meant to be the amount paid by the customer, but anything low enough to not get taxed would be a blatant lie and one very likely to get spotted..) which could lend them, or you, in trouble.

for those reasons I have and will buy that type of items from somewhere else.
  • Options
    CR65191CR65191 Posts: 11
    Refused the package and got a full refund. Thanks 10c.
    Gonna buy it in local store. End of story for me.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    Pegasus wrote:
    jmk wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

the postage won't be cheaper for something this size. point. there's actually a possibility that 10c is subsidising it at $50. And you'd have the exact same problem with any of the courier (and no courier is a very risky proposition for 10c re insurance for something this expensive, plus most countries would have fees on regular mail anyway, as I showed you).
    You're asking 10c to lie (technically they're probably not exactly lying with $100 as it's likely the cost of the boxset TO THEM and could plead ignorance on that basis, though it's meant to be the amount paid by the customer, but anything low enough to not get taxed would be a blatant lie and one very likely to get spotted..) which could lend them, or you, in trouble.

for those reasons I have and will buy that type of items from somewhere else.

oh give over with tenclub subsidising post....thats just plain crazy - 10club will have got a deal on this....for sure.

And why else would they not disclose the shipping costs on the box.

You've made some very relevant and very good comments throughout this thread as many people got heated about the whole spectacle, and you have posted very intelligently up to now...but if you really think they will have subsidised postage....then...well...
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,934
    jmk wrote:

If anyone at UPS bothered to check this board, they would definitely know by now how much the SDE cost. Hell, all they'd have/had to do was go to the Goods section :? ;)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    oh give over with tenclub subsidising post....thats just plain crazy - 10club will have got a deal on this....for sure.

You've made some very relevant and very good comments throughout this thread as many people got heated about the whole spectacle, and you have posted very intelligently up to now...but if you really think they will have subsidised postage....then...well...
    I don't say for sure they have but it'd not be that far fetched considering the weight of the SDE.

If you look at what UPS would charge you for the same package, it's nearly 3 times that, at least.
    Of course 10c would have used a broker and got it for much cheaper, but it might not be as cheap as $50.
    I don't know for sure, but having just had a look at a DVD retailer I used in the past for comparison (they do lots of their business with overseas, have brokered shipping and I know not making profit on it (sort of knew the owner)), it seems UPS is actually the most expensive of the couriers and they list a base cost of at least $60 to UK or Oz, even more for many other European countries (plus weight extra that'd add at least $30 for the SDE). Non-courier is not comparable because the weight of the SDE pushes it in another category than what the max DVD package could reach of about 3lbls (check on USPS if you don't believe me.)

Why 10c chose to use them rather than DHL or Fedex I don't know otoh (though it would be close to $50 even then). there might be advantageous we don't know about.
    DHL in particular seem much cheaper and would have been better for us re clearance fees, in the UK at least as they charge non-business only £1.25 or 2% of the shipment value (though I couldn't find any info on their clearance fees in Portugal or Greece, who were the hardest hit, so they might be much higher there).
    Still would have had to pay VAT no matter who they shipped it with though.

I think it's not insane at all and I certainly don't think the made a profit on postage overall for all international customers.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    Pegasus wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I don't say for sure they have but it'd not be that far fetched considering the weight of the SDE.

If you look at what UPS would charge you for the same package, it's nearly 3 times that, at least.
    Of course 10c would have used a broker and got it for much cheaper, but it might not be as cheap as $50.
    I don't know for sure, but having just had a look at a DVD retailer I used in the past for comparison (they do lots of their business with overseas, have brokered shipping and I know not making profit on it (sort of knew the owner)), it seems UPS is actually the most expensive of the couriers and they list a base cost of at least $60 to UK or Oz, even more for many other European countries (plus weight extra that'd add at least $30 for the SDE). Non-courier is not comparable because the weight of the SDE pushes it in another category than what the max DVD package could reach of about 3lbls (check on USPS if you don't believe me.)

Why 10c chose to use them rather than DHL or Fedex I don't know otoh (though it would be close to $50 even then). there might be advantageous we don't know about.
    DHL in particular seem much cheaper and would have been better for us re clearance fees, in the UK at least as they charge non-business only £1.25 or 2% of the shipment value (though I couldn't find any info on their clearance fees in Portugal or Greece, who were the hardest hit, so they might be much higher there).
    Still would have had to pay VAT no matter who they shipped it with though.

I think it's not insane at all and I certainly don't think the made a profit on postage overall for all international customers.

interestingly they are now using DHL..

I'm pretty certain the shipping wouldnt have been $50 still. I asked for a break down and didnt get one, I asked for what it covered, no reply, I asked if it really cost $50 - no reply. I didnt ask in a whining sense either, i just asked for some transparency to stop these threads and bring a bit of sunshine back....but no reply. hmmmm
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    pdalowsky wrote:

I'm pretty certain the shipping wouldnt have been $50 still.

You also have to remember that 'shipping' is usually not just the 'getting the package to the customer' part (ie mailing). It also includes the packing, paying for the staff to pick and prepare the goods, etc. (just like all other business that ship goods). I am not suprised that, again as a business, 10C do not give a breakdown of these costs - no one does.
  • Options
    rhinosaurrhinosaur Posts: 51
    Now I am a really confused and unhappy bunny. I have just been informed by the UPS Portugal that they were instructed by the sender to return the merchandise. They are only waiting for clearance from the customs authority to proceed with the return.

I never told UPS I wanted to refuse the delivery -- I just told them I refused until the overcharging problem was sorted out -- and was starting to see the end of this! And now, Ten Club instructed them to return the package.

Did this happen to anyone else?
    :|
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    rhinosaur wrote:
    Now I am a really confused and unhappy bunny. I have just been informed by the UPS Portugal that they were instructed by the sender to return the merchandise. They are only waiting for clearance from the customs authority to proceed with the return.

I never told UPS I wanted to refuse the delivery -- I just told them I refused until the overcharging problem was sorted out -- and was starting to see the end of this! And now, Ten Club instructed them to return the package.

I guess 10C were reading all these threads and posts about people saying they wanted 10C to take the goods back, refund them so they could buy it 'MUCH' cheaper at a local shop or amazon.... Everyone was bitching about how they would not pay UPS (rightly so) and refuse the package.

So I guess 10C listened and instructed UPS to return the packages.......
  • Options
    hi . yesterday,i receive from the thiefs ups the 2 boxes....they ask me 245 euros more(340$),,and in the phone say one day before 195 euros,,..so 330 $ more,,and you know what? when i open i was so dissapoint and sad of all this mess so i didnt see it all..a say what the fuck and i put it in the box again,,all the joy and happiness and enthousiasm,,just had left
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    rhinosaur wrote:

I guess 10C were reading all these threads and posts about people saying they wanted 10C to take the goods back, refund them so they could buy it 'MUCH' cheaper at a local shop or amazon.... Everyone was bitching about how they would not pay UPS (rightly so) and refuse the package.

So I guess 10C listened and instructed UPS to return the packages.......

To the Ten Club members in the European Union who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Please go ahead and accept delivery of your shipment after reading this statement in its entirety. UPS will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery. Note that Duty, VAT or other governmental charges are based on the laws of your country and UPS does not have the authority to refund those charges.

We will continue to update you via email and TenClub.net

Thank you for your understanding.

this the latest they post..so we that we follow orders and accept the delivery pay 330$ extra we are the fools in the history,,and ups say that the make clearance and give money back,except the taxis,,,will do it how?and when?,the ups office in greece when i say that they stat to laugh,and when i say why,they respond,,what happen now its over,,and that im done and hung up the phone in my face,,
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    CR65191 wrote:
    Refused the package and got a full refund. Thanks 10c.
    Gonna buy it in local store. End of story for me.

also refused the packeage and got a full refund today. thanks 10c
    but ups tried again to deliver it on friday. i was not home to tell them what happened. but wrote mr vickerman that i will not accept the package.

lets see what happens on monday......