Options

Message from UPS to our European Super Deluxe Customers

Comments

• Options
    rhinosaurrhinosaur Posts: 51
    redrock wrote:
    rhinosaur wrote:
    Now I am a really confused and unhappy bunny. I have just been informed by the UPS Portugal that they were instructed by the sender to return the merchandise. They are only waiting for clearance from the customs authority to proceed with the return.

I never told UPS I wanted to refuse the delivery -- I just told them I refused until the overcharging problem was sorted out -- and was starting to see the end of this! And now, Ten Club instructed them to return the package.

Did this happen to anyone else?
    :|

I guess 10C were reading all these threads and posts about people saying they wanted 10C to take the goods back, refund them so they could buy it 'MUCH' cheaper at a local shop or amazon.... Everyone was bitching about how they would not pay UPS (rightly so) and refuse the package.

So I guess 10C listened and instructed UPS to return the packages.......

You forgot about a small detail: informing the customer about that intention! Even if returning it is the right thing to do...
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    rhinosaur wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    rhinosaur wrote:
    Now I am a really confused and unhappy bunny. I have just been informed by the UPS Portugal that they were instructed by the sender to return the merchandise. They are only waiting for clearance from the customs authority to proceed with the return.

I never told UPS I wanted to refuse the delivery -- I just told them I refused until the overcharging problem was sorted out -- and was starting to see the end of this! And now, Ten Club instructed them to return the package.

Did this happen to anyone else?
    :|

I guess 10C were reading all these threads and posts about people saying they wanted 10C to take the goods back, refund them so they could buy it 'MUCH' cheaper at a local shop or amazon.... Everyone was bitching about how they would not pay UPS (rightly so) and refuse the package.

So I guess 10C listened and instructed UPS to return the packages.......

You forgot about a small detail: informing the customer about that intention! Even if returning it is the right thing to do...

But you refused to take the delivery... I guess for UPS that means 'return to sender'. What else did you expect? The guy delivering won't put on his bit of paper 'refuses until things are sorted', he really doesn't give a shit. There's probably just a little tick box 'refused' - he did his job, he's not bothered with details.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    But you refused to take the delivery... I guess for UPS that means 'return to sender'. What else did you expect? The guy delivering won't put on his bit of paper 'refuses until things are sorted', he really doesn't give a shit. There's probably just a little tick box 'refused' - he did his job, he's not bothered with details.

Don't talk so presumptuously when you don't know the details.

I was contacting UPS daily in order to receive the parcel and they were telling me "the sender has been instructing us to change the status of the delivery to 'free delivery status' for other customers, and that is what is probably going to happen in your case but we need to receive that instruction for your merchandise in order to deliver it to you free of charges. Until then we will hold it for you". And then, a few hours later, they sent me an e-mail stating "we have just been instructed by the sender to return the merchandise".

I did refuse the delivery but only as per the UPS account manager's instructions (read SLH's post at the beginning of this thread) and had already contacted UPS in order to pay what was due and accept partial credit for the excess fees.

Now that you know the details, what do you have to say?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    rhinosaur wrote:

I did refuse the delivery but only as per the UPS account manager's instructions

That probably your refusal was logged in the system - that got the ball rolling - and 10C were informed of it and was getting their stuff back for a full refund.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    redrock wrote:
    rhinosaur wrote:

I did refuse the delivery but only as per the UPS account manager's instructions

That probably your refusal was logged in the system - that got the ball rolling - and 10C were informed of it....

Yeah, but it was 10C who told us to refuse it in the first place, until they sorted things out with UPS. And a lot of people refused it and eventually received it. Mine was returned specifically under 10C's instructions and I still haven't got any refund in the credit card statement... :(
  • Options
    Probably waiting for their goods to be on the way before refunding. Did you e-mail the 10C at any time? You're dealing with a big corporation in UPS. I've read posts of others that have refused and got a refund. Others had re-deliveries and paid the fees.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Probably waiting for their goods to be on the way before refunding. Did you e-mail the 10C at any time?

I asked for their help immediately after I received confirmation from UPS Portugal that they (10C) had asked for the package to be returned to sender. I sent the e-mail last friday but they haven't replied yet. I am hoping for an answer tomorrow...
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    rhinosaur wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Probably waiting for their goods to be on the way before refunding. Did you e-mail the 10C at any time?

I asked for their help immediately after I received confirmation from UPS Portugal that they (10C) had asked for the package to be returned to sender. I sent the e-mail last friday but they haven't replied yet. I am hoping for an answer tomorrow...

I got a set with the redux LP having white surface marks and severe surface noise on the beginning of the B-side and I'm returning the whole set. They agreed to a return and a full refund and they gave me the return address on Friday but haven't answered to my e-mails since, so I guess they're back on Monday.

Does anyone know how Ten Club arrange returns? Should I use UPS and can I tell UPS that Ten Club pays for the return?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    cclayescclayes Posts: 28
    UPS forgot to charge me for my box set when they dropped it at my folks place in Perth. "Unfortunately" i stay in Glasgow and they have twice visited to get payment in Perth although thay have been told i dont stay there. They have said i can call them to make the payment...

Not a chance!!!

Good luck to UPS finding me!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    cclayes wrote:
    UPS forgot to charge me for my box set when they dropped it at my folks place in Perth. "Unfortunately" i stay in Glasgow and they have twice visited to get payment in Perth although thay have been told i dont stay there. They have said i can call them to make the payment...

Not a chance!!!

Good luck to UPS finding me!
    you are the best!!!!!!!!!take the revenge we deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    jmk wrote:

I got a set with the redux LP having white surface marks and severe surface noise on the beginning of the B-side and I'm returning the whole set. They agreed to a return and a full refund and they gave me the return address on Friday but haven't answered to my e-mails since, so I guess they're back on Monday.

Does anyone know how Ten Club arrange returns? Should I use UPS and can I tell UPS that Ten Club pays for the return?

My set arrived a bit damaged too (squashed in one of the corners), I contemplated keeping it as is for a while, but if it was from anywhere else I would return it. So I decided to contact 10c and ask about getting a replacement. Have sent 2 emails and a pm to Santos - no reply yet. Luckily I've been able to enjoy my other half's SDE.

How long have you been waiting before getting repleis from 10c? Don't want to be overbearing, but getting a little worried at the lack of response!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    massimobemassimobe Posts: 310
    I accepted it and to own that box I paied $250....damn.... :(
    -M-
  • Options
    GE161055GE161055 Posts: 6
    Is there any Italian experience about this issue?
    I haven't received anything.....not even a communication!!!!
    :?
    Sono il migliore in quello che faccio, ma quello che faccio non è piacevole....
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    strummers wrote:
    jmk wrote:

My set arrived a bit damaged too (squashed in one of the corners), I contemplated keeping it as is for a while, but if it was from anywhere else I would return it. So I decided to contact 10c and ask about getting a replacement. Have sent 2 emails and a pm to Santos - no reply yet. Luckily I've been able to enjoy my other half's SDE.

How long have you been waiting before getting repleis from 10c? Don't want to be overbearing, but getting a little worried at the lack of response!

I emailed Ten club over a week ago, and no reply....given up.
  • Options
    JanetWeissJanetWeiss Posts: 231
    GE161055 wrote:
    Is there any Italian experience about this issue?
    I haven't received anything.....not even a communication!!!!
    :?

I'm in Rome and I'm still waiting. I have been waiting for a shipping e-mail that never arrived and now I'm waiting for the 10 club to reply to my third e-mail asking for information.

I don't like to complain but I can't help being very disappointed.
    I don't even care about VAT or other charges, I just want the box I ordered three months ago.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    GE161055GE161055 Posts: 6
    JanetWeiss wrote:
    I don't even care about VAT or other charges, I just want the box I ordered three months ago.

For me are both important....... 8-)
    Sono il migliore in quello che faccio, ma quello che faccio non è piacevole....
  • Options
    Okay UPS have gone to my folks place for the 3rd time now asking for payment of £30.13 (Import Vat £19.13. brokerage surcharges £11.00)...

Here are a few things i would like cleared up before i even consider contacting them -

I thought shipping/delivery was included in the costs - $50.00 - if not what does this $50.00 cover? A carboard box?

Why was it not explained to me during the time of purchase that it would be subject to additional costs from UPS? if i had been made aware of these costs I more than likely would have cancelled my order. This is after all my first order of this size from abroad and from ten club where i have been charged for delivery.

There has been no follow up email since the one dated 20th March - Message from UPS to European Super Deluxe Customers‏ - where it has been advised that we should refuse delivery. Only upon reading the forums have i found out more information.

I did not accept the package, i had informed my parents to reject it if asked for payment, for which they were not when signed for. I had assumed it must have been resolved.

To be honest i will not be ordering any more boxsets of this capacity through Ten Club when i can get it cheaper through my local stores. Unless they can guarantee it sigend next time of course ;) .
  • Options
    cclayes wrote:
    Okay UPS have gone to my folks place for the 3rd time now asking for payment of £30.13 (Import Vat £19.13. brokerage surcharges £11.00)...

Here are a few things i would like cleared up before i even consider contacting them -

I thought shipping/delivery was included in the costs - $50.00 - if not what does this $50.00 cover? A carboard box?

Why was it not explained to me during the time of purchase that it would be subject to additional costs from UPS? if i had been made aware of these costs I more than likely would have cancelled my order. This is after all my first order of this size from abroad and from ten club where i have been charged for delivery.

Debated ad nauseum in this thread.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    redrock wrote:
    cclayes wrote:

Debated ad nauseum in this thread.

maybe so but never properly answered, and certainly never resolved by those who can, who are very much steering clear of all such searching questions put to them.

and the follow up on the initial messages are not forthcoming.....the communication is shit
  • Options
    Below is my email from Ten Club, following an email i sent to them -

To the Ten Club members in the European Union who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Please go ahead and accept delivery of your shipment after reading this statement in its entirety. UPS will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery. Note that Duty, VAT or other governmental charges are based on the laws of your country and UPS does not have the authority to refund those charges.

We will continue to update you via email and TenClub.net

Thank you for your understanding.

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager

I had asked them to clarify their position on the matter, and all i get is this back. Explaining what had happened i expected an answer and this doesnt count as an answer as far as im concerned. "UPS doesnt have authority to refund the charges" - charges which i could have avoided if i knew about them in the first place. Does this mean Ten Club are wiping their hands of this!? I think we all have some sort of liability here, including myself. However at this stage i'm willing to leave it a week or two for some sort of resolution and a this moment and time UPS are going to wait even longer for any sort of payment from me if at all. I can understand they are probably quite busy just now but even an small upate to confirm it is still being looked at instead of a recycled email. As before i am only going to order the remaining box sets from 10 club - if they're not in shops, or they provide something that is a must have and only comes with online purchase, or the price we pay is the actual 100% final amount. Sorry for the mini rant, but im incredibly frustrated about this.
  • Options
    cclayes wrote:
    "UPS doesnt have authority to refund the charges" - charges which i could have avoided if i knew about them in the first place. .

Stated clearly that UPS will refund UPS related charges. Anything to do with duty/customs/VAT is each individual country's laws. 10C/UPS can't do anything about that. 'Imported goods are all subject to those charges, whether sent by post or UPS or DHL or any other means and it is really up to you, as the purchaser, to be aware of what these are for your country - it is not up to the supplier to research and make a list of all possibilities for all countries. No supplier does that. Yes, 10C could have been clearer about them sending the goods by UPS, but it would seem those charges will be refunded.

So basically, you are left with extra costs (again duty/customs/vat) that you would have to pay however 10C sent the package. 10C is not wiping their hands of this... The correct people are refunding excessive costs (UPS) and other costs are 'non refundable'.

I do understand people's frustration, but before one orders, one must be aware of the laws of their country (even if it is so you do not import banned goods!) and not just plead ignorance.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    cclayes wrote:
    "UPS doesnt have authority to refund the charges" - charges which i could have avoided if i knew about them in the first place. .

Stated clearly that UPS will refund UPS related charges. Anything to do with duty/customs/VAT is each individual country's laws. 10C/UPS can't do anything about that. 'Imported goods are all subject to those charges, whether sent by post or UPS or DHL or any other means and it is really up to you, as the purchaser, to be aware of what these are for your country - it is not up to the supplier to research and make a list of all possibilities for all countries. No supplier does that. Yes, 10C could have been clearer about them sending the goods by UPS, but it would seem those charges will be refunded.

So basically, you are left with extra costs (again duty/customs/vat) that you would have to pay however 10C sent the package. 10C is not wiping their hands of this... The correct people are refunding excessive costs (UPS) and other costs are 'non refundable'.

I do understand people's frustration, but before one orders, one must be aware of the laws of their country (even if it is so you do not import banned goods!) and not just plead ignorance.

Even a line before I purchased advising that-

"this purchase will be subject to your countries tax law, any additional charges shall be borne by you"

To be honest i'm going to leave it a while till their is an update/news. Im only going to pay UPS as a last resort. Or if Ten club wants to go 50/50 with me, i'll do that :)
  • Options
    StephenJKStephenJK Posts: 15
    It's the same thing in Canada. For anything shipped here from the US, either FedEx or UPS add what they call brokerage fees, it has nothing to do with any import duties or taxes. All of the couriers use this as a profit center. It's totally unjustified, and they've been getting away with it for years.

If I buy anything from eBay, or any other seller in the US, I always check to make sure they can ship by Unites States Postal Service, if not, I get it somewhere else. All other items from Ten Club have been by USPS, and I assumed the Ten Super Deluxe would be the same. By the time I received the UPS notification, it was too late.

Mind you, it wasn't that bad. It only cost $16.56 CDN in total charges.

The last time someone shipped by UPS was a part for my turntable from VPI. The item cost was $40.00, UPS charged $36.00 in fees.

The best advice is to just avoid using them, ship by postal service and get the insurance.

Stephen
  • Options
    cclayes wrote:
    Even a line before I purchased advising that-

"this purchase will be subject to your countries tax law, any additional charges shall be borne by you"

Maybe a bit like advising people when buying tix 'you are buying a standing ticket for the pit. You may get crushed, stamped on, etc. Do it at your own risk'. ;) Though, I do repeat, 10C should have been clearer on method of shipment.

One cannot be spoon fed all the time.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    cclayes wrote:

WHAT LAWS WE HAVE TO KNOW?WE ARE TALKING FOR THIEFS MAN,,,,,
    I PAY 125,18 EYROS FOR EACH BOX COUSE I ORDER 2...SO 250,36 TOTAL .THE VAT AND TAXIS WAS 25,41 EUROS..50,82 EUROS TOTAL..
    SO 99,77 EUROS EACH,,TOTAL 199,44 EUROS TOTAL WHAT FOR PAPERWORK,AND UPS EXTRA,,,
    WHAT LAWS AND OUR COUNTRY THEN,,THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND THEY SEE THAT 10C CHARGE 100$ IN THE PURCHAGE AND THEY PUT 50 EUROS FOR SHIPPING COST EXTRA SO THE CUSTOM SEE IT AND STOP IT FOR TAXIS,,I HAVE THE UPS PAPER,THAT WRITE OVER 10C PAPER THE CHARGE OF THE SHIPPING..AND AFTER THEY PUT ,DEPENCE ON THE COUNTRY WHATEVER EXTRA COST THEY WANT..10C MAKE BUSSUINESS WITH THEM WAS A MISTAKE,,AND NOW WE WILL WAIT,,THE WAY THIS HAPPEN,,WHEN,,,FROM WHOM,,,,
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

No you don't. The majority of the people here aren't complaining about VAT payment, only about the extra fees imposed by UPS and their methods for increasing their profits with recalculations and estimates on shipping fees when it is clear we had already paid $50 for that service. We're pleading injustice, not ignorance.
    redrock wrote:

You really make me laugh with sentences like this, talking from your high horse... I'd like to see how you'd act if you were in this side of the Atlantic waiting for information from 10C.

I am still waiting for 10C to clarify why they told UPS to return my parcel and if they are sending me a replacement via DHL or another carrier, or if I should buy it from a local retailer while they still have them in stock, in which case they should refund me for the $190 expense. Just tell me something! :(
  • Options
    rhinosaur wrote:
    redrock wrote:

No you don't. The majority of the people here aren't complaining about VAT payment, only about the extra fees imposed by UPS and their methods for increasing their profits with recalculations and estimates on shipping fees when it is clear we had already paid $50 for that service. We're pleading injustice, not ignorance.
    redrock wrote:

You really make me laugh with sentences like this, talking from your high horse... I'd like to see how you'd act if you were in this side of the Atlantic waiting for information from 10C.

I am still waiting for 10C to clarify why they told UPS to return my parcel and if they are sending me a replacement via DHL or another carrier, or if I should buy it from a local retailer while they still have them in stock, in which case they should refund me for the $190 expense. Just tell me something! :(
    100% CORRECT MY FRIEND FROM PORTUGAL,,GREEK AND PORTUGAL UPS STEAL OUR MONEY
  • Options
    rhinosaur wrote:
    The majority of the people here aren't complaining about VAT payment.
    My response was directed at a specific part of a post and related to VAT and duties/customs - charges that would not be refunded by UPS.
    rhinosaur wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Again, response directed at a specific part of a post and related to VAT and duties/customs - charges that would not be refunded by UPS.

For your info, been there, done that though not with 10C and with lots more money involved. I did not have problems with the cost of importing my goods, but again 'extra' charges what I was disputing.

And I stand by what I say... people need to go into purchases with their eyes open when it comes to the regulations of their country. That is what my post was about. NOT UPS charges. By the way... I AM on 'this side of the Atlantic'
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    rhinosaur wrote:
    The majority of the people here aren't complaining about VAT payment.
    My response was directed at a specific part of a post and related to VAT and duties/customs - charges that would not be refunded by UPS.
    rhinosaur wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Again, response directed at a specific part of a post and related to VAT and duties/customs - charges that would not be refunded by UPS.

For your info, been there, done that though not with 10C and with lots more money involved. I did not have problems with the cost of importing my goods, but again 'extra' charges what I was disputing.

And I stand by what I say... people need to go into purchases with their eyes open when it comes to the regulations of their country. That is what my post was about. NOT UPS charges. By the way... I AM on 'this side of the Atlantic'

Okay, I am sorry if I took you out of context back there. But, anyway, thank you for reminding us of those universal truths. I will try to remember that the next time I do a transaction -- but only with 10C, because apparently that is not needed with other on-line retailers! :lol:;)
  • Options
    rhinosaur wrote:
    redrock wrote:

redrock wrote:

100% CORRECT MY FRIEND FROM PORTUGAL,,GREEK AND PORTUGAL UPS STEAL OUR MONEY

The good thing about my SDE having been returned is that UPS isn't seeing any of my euros! :lol:

But I feel for you. You have been STOLEN. I hope you have filed or will file a complaint against them with your local customer support authorities, because the extra amount you have paid is simply atrocious.