Options

Message from UPS to our European Super Deluxe Customers

Comments

• Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Schoki wrote:
    Had to pay 26 EUr today here in Germany to get my Super Deluxe. Was that standard in Europe? What did u guys/gals here had to pay extra? Thanks in advance for you numbers.

45€, 33 VAT plus 12 to UPS for the great service :?

What's your VAT %. Looks like they've been digging in the box and finding out that the value was actually $190 instead of the $100, written on the package... :(
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    10c ignore me what i say and answer this:

Please contact: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jvickerman@ups.com">jvickerman@ups.com</a><!-- e -->
    10c

Obviously 10C didn't ignore you because they responded. I am sure your emotions are running very high at the moment (with reason) but since the problem DOES lie with UPS, contacting this person at UPS is probably the right course of action. Whereas 10C can talk/negotiate with UPS on a higher/more general level, it is UPS which can look at each case individually and sort each one out. They did say the charging issue was a problem with THEM and THEY were trying to sort it out. So... e-mail the contact given at UPS and don't just talk to anybody there as they will not have a clue of what is happening.
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    Glad not buying this by 10C.
    just come from the store ( FNAC) and spend 99.50 euros for this. :mrgreen:
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    jmk wrote:
    I'm sorry to say, but I think you're wrong about the 150€ limit. [..]
    The excise duty doesn't have anything to do with the 150€ limit if you look at the example. I do believe that it doesn't matter how many products there is in dimitris case. It's the total value that counts. I don't understand what you meant by trading the duty fee against the UPS fee.
    I probably didn't phrase it correctly because that's exactly what I was saying...(and the limit is on goods only, but if it exceeds it, the duty, or VAT, are on goods+postage.)

I mean trading as in 2 separate shipment (and treated separately) would trigger 2 UPS charge, but each are under the €150 so no Duty, whilst the 2 shipments if treated together would only have 1 UPS charge but go above the €150 limit and therefore have Duty.
    So it balance's out.

Regardless his UPS charge and VAT are too high.

Ok, now I got what you meant. Are you actually sure that they count it like that? I mean 2 separate shipments and not looking at it as one person ordering from outside the EU for a total amount that exceeds 150€.
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Pegasus wrote:
    jmk wrote:
    I'm sorry to say, but I think you're wrong about the 150€ limit. [..]
    The excise duty doesn't have anything to do with the 150€ limit if you look at the example. I do believe that it doesn't matter how many products there is in dimitris case. It's the total value that counts. I don't understand what you meant by trading the duty fee against the UPS fee.
    I probably didn't phrase it correctly because that's exactly what I was saying...(and the limit is on goods only, but if it exceeds it, the duty, or VAT, are on goods+postage.)

I mean trading as in 2 separate shipment (and treated separately) would trigger 2 UPS charge, but each are under the €150 so no Duty, whilst the 2 shipments if treated together would only have 1 UPS charge but go above the €150 limit and therefore have Duty.
    So it balance's out.

Regardless his UPS charge and VAT are too high.

look down to iunderstand what exactly the charge me for
    +65 euros (means 88$) for ups employee for do the work of custom clearance(really isnt that in the shiping cost?
    +65 euros (means 88$) cargo,paperwork 15 euros vat.taxis 37 euros and golder air company 13 euros
    \
    and put this double couse i order 2,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    of course..this is my mail to 10 club:
    hi again i just accept the shippment as u send yesterday and now ill wait if the ups will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery.couse the woman of ups i speak in the phone said that they never do that..
    they ask me exactly
    +65 euros (means 88$) for ups employee for do the work of custom clearance.
    +65 euros (means 88$) cargo,vat.taxis and golder air
    and dont forget this is in double couse i order 2 boxes,,,
    the only i really can understand for paying is vat and taxis which is 37euros(50$)

Please contact: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jvickerman@ups.com">jvickerman@ups.com</a><!-- e -->
    10c

they dont care anymore i see its my problem and ups now,,clean their hands,,,just confirm that they think im a piece of shit
    ok, 10c told you to talk directly to that guy at UPS.
    HAVE YOU?
    if not, then stop moaning here and email him; then if he brushes you off you can come back and vent.
    10c are helping you by putting you directly in contact with someone that can actually do something about it. it's always better to talk to someone directly rather than through several people, information transits much better...ever played Chinese whispers?
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    Ok, now I got what you meant. Are you actually sure that they count it like that? I mean 2 separate shipments and not looking at it as one person ordering from outside the EU for a total amount that exceeds 150€.
    They can do either, I've no idea which one they did.
    I know that through normal post I never had it combined, and though I never used UPS, when I did DHL, they never combined either.
    It doesn't really matter in the end, in that case anyway.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    of course..this is my mail to 10 club:
    hi again i just accept the shippment as u send yesterday and now ill wait if the ups will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery.couse the woman of ups i speak in the phone said that they never do that..
    they ask me exactly
    +65 euros (means 88$) for ups employee for do the work of custom clearance.
    +65 euros (means 88$) cargo,vat.taxis and golder air
    and dont forget this is in double couse i order 2 boxes,,,
    the only i really can understand for paying is vat and taxis which is 37euros(50$)

10c

they dont care anymore i see its my problem and ups now,,clean their hands,,,just confirm that they think im a piece of shit
    ok, 10c told you to talk directly to that guy at UPS.
    HAVE YOU?
    if not, then stop moaning here and email him; then if he brushes you off you can come back and vent.
    10c are helping you by putting you directly in contact with someone that can actually do something about it. it's always better to talk to someone directly rather than through several people, information transits much better...ever played Chinese whispers?
    when u leave from the cashier there is not mistake,after ,im answering in people who talk to me,,couse they can tell whatever they want,,ill pay not them,,the ups from friday dont contact me after 4 emails,,the ups in greece ask me to pay or send the boxes back,,no body tell me what to do,,,,just pay ...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Any 10C updates, emotions are running very high here???
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Any 10C updates, emotions are running very high here???

I'm sure they are updating so that they can announce the winner of the Ten T-shirt contest. I really hope that vinyl T-shirt has won :) .
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    dc140655dc140655 Posts: 2
    if i refuse the pack from UPS, it will be sent back...
    does someone clearly know if we'll have a total refund? or a partial refund? (or no refund... but i do not imagine this)
  • Options
    dc140655 wrote:
    does someone clearly know if we'll have a total refund? or a partial refund? (or no refund... but i do not imagine this)

I don't know but it might be difficult to have a refund for the shipping costs of $50, as it was already shipped. Where do you live and what would be the reason for refusing the package? How much does UPS want from you?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    dc140655 wrote:

Talk with your credit card company!!

Assume TC will not issue a refund. If you explain to your credit card company that $140 was supposed to cover all costs to get it to you, and that there is now an arbitrary amount that is being imposed on you that you did not agree to, then your credit card company may allow a chargeback to TenClub, and refund you the money. Then you can take 99 euros and buy it locally, and save yourself tons of money and tons of grief.

Call your credit card company to find out.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    jmk wrote:
    Schoki wrote:
    Had to pay 26 EUr today here in Germany to get my Super Deluxe. Was that standard in Europe? What did u guys/gals here had to pay extra? Thanks in advance for you numbers.

45€, 33 VAT plus 12 to UPS for the great service :?

What's your VAT %. Looks like they've been digging in the box and finding out that the value was actually $190 instead of the $100, written on the package... :(

It's 19%, so I'm thinking the same, it pretty much looks like it's based on 190$ (but the difference is not that big - if they would take the declared item value of 100$ the still would add the postage, so the VAT would be based on 150$. The difference would be around 5€.)
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00
    Arnhem 06 Antwerp 06 Berlin 06
    Düsseldorf 07 Nijmegen 07

Neil Young And Friends Berlin 95
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    JordyWordy wrote:
    CloudDog wrote:
    To make matters worse, I am unable to download the MP3s of "Drop In The Park" as
    "Our records show that you are coming from the following country: United Kingdom
    Unfortunately at this time, purchasing music and promotional code redemption are restricted to US residents."
    Talk about adding insult to injury.

Don't worry, Its not active till tomorrow. try it then. :)
    Nope, still get the:
    "Our records show that you are coming from the following country: United Kingdom
    Unfortunately at this time, purchasing music and promotional code redemption are restricted to US residents."

Error message.

edit:
    Tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked
    How weird
    I then retried in Firefox and it worked also
    Stranger and stranger

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    StophyStophy Posts: 69
    I sent a message to the guys at UPS (who must be getting loads by now) and this is what they have come back with:

Hello,

UPS will provide partial adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery. Note that Duty, VAT or other governmental charges are based on the laws of your country and UPS does not have the authority to refund those charges.

We will continue to update you via email and TenClub.net

Thank you for your understanding.

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager
    International Business Development

International Support: (800)782-7892

• Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    Sorry to be lazy and not reading the thread, I'm just back after a week, my wife was in hospital. I'm having my copy delivered tomorrow, what's the status in the UK regarding customs charges? Will I be asked to pay, am I supposed to pay if asked or refuse? Again sorry for being lazy but I need my bed :)
  • Options
    Hebejebe wrote:
    Sorry to be lazy and not reading the thread, I'm just back after a week, my wife was in hospital. I'm having my copy delivered tomorrow, what's the status in the UK regarding customs charges? Will I be asked to pay, am I supposed to pay if asked or refuse? Again sorry for being lazy but I need my bed :)[/quote
    ]

ups post this

UPS

To the Ten Club members located in Europe who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Those of you who have been contacted by UPS (Europe) and asked to pay higher than expected clearance fees, please know that UPS is aware of these issues and we are working with our brokerage departmentsin your countries to resolve any issues with the assessment of these fees and ensure their accuracy. This is a UPS issue and not one caused by Ten Club in any way. We apologize for causing you any inconvenience or confusion and will do all we can to deliver your orders without further complication. We value our relationship with Ten Club and its members and are committed to providing you with excellent service.

Thank you for your understanding and we will update you as these issues are resolved.

UPS

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jvickerman@ups.com">jvickerman@ups.com</a><!-- e --> <mailto:jvickerman@ups.com>

International Support: (800) 782-7892

Veronica Cabading
    UPS
    Account Manager
    Washington District
    email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:vcabading@ups.com">vcabading@ups.com</a><!-- e -->

To the Ten Club members in the European Union who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Please go ahead and accept delivery of your shipment after reading this statement in its entirety. UPS will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery. Note that Duty, VAT or other governmental charges are based on the laws of your country and UPS does not have the authority to refund those charges.

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jvickerman@ups.com">jvickerman@ups.com</a><!-- e --> <mailto:jvickerman@ups.com>

ten club post this ,,
    Santos L. Halper wrote:UPS

To the Ten Club members located in Europe who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Those of you who have been contacted by UPS (Europe) and asked to pay higher than expected clearance fees, please know that UPS is aware of these issues and we are working with our brokerage departmentsin your countries to resolve any issues with the assessment of these fees and ensure their accuracy. This is a UPS issue and not one caused by Ten Club in any way. We apologize for causing you any inconvenience or confusion and will do all we can to deliver your orders without further complication. We value our relationship with Ten Club and its members and are committed to providing you with excellent service.

Thank you for your understanding and we will update you as these issues are resolved.

UPS

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager

International Support: (800) 782-7892

Veronica Cabading
    UPS
    Account Manager
    Washington District
    email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:vcabading@ups.com">vcabading@ups.com</a><!-- e -->

here is the latest:
    If there is a "reasonable" customs/duty tax imposed, you should not refuse the shipment. All International shipments are subject to customs/duty taxes imposed by your country. The value of the Super Deluxe Box set is marked $100. If the charge is "excessive", meaning 75+ euros, refuse the shipment until we can get this figured out. If you have questions, please contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> or the UPS contacts listed above. Please CC <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> on all UPS contact so I have a record of what's going on.
    If you have already paid, hang tight. We are working on a solution.
    I will update this post as I get more info from UPS.
    SLH
    To the Ten Club members in the European Union who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Please go ahead and accept delivery of your shipment after reading this statement in its entirety. UPS will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery. Note that Duty, VAT or other governmental charges are based on the laws of your country and UPS does not have the authority to refund those charges.

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager

all this is the latest news,,u pay and wait after delivery the refund from ups except the goverment taxis
    i hope your woman to be ok and quicly home
    D
  • Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    Thanks you. My wife is fine now thanks.
  • Options
    bolosqbolosq Posts: 1
    I'm from Poland and i had to pay about $33 additionaly. And imagine my irritation when there wasn't cassette in my box! :( After e-mail to 10c i was assured that i'll receive missing cassette, but then what? another VAT/duty to pay? I'm so confused and dissapointed.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    bolosq wrote:
    I'm from Poland and i had to pay about $33 additionaly. And imagine my irritation when there wasn't cassette in my box! :( After e-mail to 10c i was assured that i'll receive missing cassette, but then what? another VAT/duty to pay? I'm so confused and dissapointed.

If you wanted to you could use this as an excuse to return the box set, and dispute with your credit card company, and when they issue you the refund of $33 plus $190, then you can buy the box set locally for $99 and save the other $124.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    dc140655 wrote:

forget that call with your credit card company if you orderer more than 6 weeks ago. i just phoned my credit card company and they told me they can do nothing after taht 6 weeks.
    i refused my package too yesterday. i'm from germany. and i think 50€ on top ARE excessive!!!
    i hope 10c will give us all a full refund for all the trouble with this excessive deluxe edition costs.
    but even if they only refund us the 140$ we're better of than accepting it via ups.

sorry, 10c, but this was nothing.
  • Options
    damnaxe wrote:
    dc140655 wrote:

forget that call with your credit card company if you orderer more than 6 weeks ago. i just phoned my credit card company and they told me they can do nothing after taht 6 weeks.
    i refused my package too yesterday. i'm from germany. and i think 50€ on top ARE excessive!!!
    i hope 10c will give us all a full refund for all the trouble with this excessive deluxe edition costs.
    but even if they only refund us the 140$ we're better of than accepting it via ups.

sorry, 10c, but this was nothing.

That probably depends on the credit card company. It's not relevant for me cause I got a call from UPS saying they will deliver my package today before 17.00 local time, and I'm going to accept it. They will mail the bill later on. I paid with my Visa Electron card in December so the $190 was charged from my bank account then.

If payed with Visa Electron or Debit (that's the card that's replacing the Electron I believe) do we have to ask for refunds from Visa or our Bank? (In case this must be done in the future).
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    UPS just delivered... :cry:

Value stated on package was 79.39euros, VAT 32,87euros and 10euros UPS provision. That are excessive fees according to me; 43euros taxes on a 79 euros valued item.
    So the total is 190$ + 58$= 248$ for this box.

this is just bullshit, I'll never order anything from 10C again.
    Rotterdam (NL) - Jul 03, 2000 (cancelled) - Irvine (US) - Jun 02, 2003 / San Diego (US) - Jun 05, 2003 / Arnhem (NL) - Aug 29, 2006 / Antwerp (BE)- Aug 30, 2006 / Paris (FR)- Sep 11, 2006 / Pistoia (IT) - Sep 20, 2006 / London (UK) - Jun 18, 2007 / Nijmegen (NL) - Jun 28, 2007 / Rotterdam (NL) - Aug 13, 2009 / Berlin (DE)- Aug 15, 2009 - June 22, 2010 / Dublin (IR) - July 4, 2010 / Rock Werchter (BE)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    woutermahu wrote:

Value stated on package was 79.39euros, VAT 32,87euros and 10euros UPS provision. That are excessive fees according to me; 43euros taxes on a 79 euros valued item.

Are you sure it is all VAT (the 32 euros) - not VAT & Customs? That would not have anything to do with 10C. Need to check what VAT & duties are for your country. Then you need to challenge this cost/calculation with UPS if it is wrong (remember - charges are calculated on cost of goods + shipping)
  • Options
    good luck getting any refund from your CC :roll:
    you received the item, it's not defective, and the extra charges are customs and nothing to do with the supplier.
    There's no legal reason for a CC to refund.
    CloudDog wrote:
    JordyWordy wrote:
    CloudDog wrote:
    To make matters worse, I am unable to download the MP3s of "Drop In The Park" as
    Talk about adding insult to injury.

Don't worry, Its not active till tomorrow. try it then. :)
    Nope, still get the:

Error message.

edit:
    Tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked
    How weird
    I then retried in Firefox and it worked also
    Stranger and stranger
    do you mean you managed to access the site or actually downloaded the mp3s?

I've fired an email to sony 2 days ago about it, they replied saying they're looking into it.
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    Pegasus wrote:

I've fired an email to sony 2 days ago about it, they replied saying they're looking into it.

I managed to get into the site and download the zip file after entering my code in.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    CloudDog wrote:
    Pegasus wrote:

I managed to get into the site and download the zip file after entering my code in.
    cool, I'll try when I get home tonight :)
  • Options
    woutermahu wrote:

This is no brain surgery ;) . If you do the following calculations you'll see that they've used the following EUR/USD exchange rate: $100 / 79,39€ = 1,26

There is two alternatives on why you've been asked to pay 32,87 euros in VAT and they are:

1) They checked inside the box :evil:

and / or

2) UPS's and Ten Club's conversations led to that Ten Club admitted they lied about the value $100 written on the box and admitted it was actually $190 with the shipping included. So now all customs departments in Europe calculate the taxes on the $190 which with the exchange rate of 1,26 would be:

$190 / 1,26 = 150,80 euros,

which is what they used in your case.

I can also calculate that your country has a VAT of ~22 % when I do the following maths:

32,87 / 150,80 = 0,2179

So my question is: in what country do you live?

I don't think it's Ten Club's fault. It's just those Greek and Portuguese UPS people's fault that they tried to steal those fans with UPS fees that were over what was accepted and now with this thread and all the investigations caused by UPS, I believe we could have gotten away with the VAT according to the value of $100, but now we just pay a bit more (=what our laws say ;) )
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    My problem with all this is I should have only been charged £10 for VAT but was charged £23. According to customs they can only calculate the charge by what has been declared $100. The packaged was not opened so therefore there is no way they could tell the value to calculate any differently.

I am not blaming 10c for this I just wish that they would have informed us on the method of shipping. I always try to avoid couriers wherever possible.

That being said I absolutely love the box set :D
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.