Options

Message from UPS to our European Super Deluxe Customers

Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,759
edited May 2009 in The Porch
UPS

To the Ten Club members located in Europe who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Those of you who have been contacted by UPS (Europe) and asked to pay higher than expected clearance fees, please know that UPS is aware of these issues and we are working with our brokerage departments in your countries to resolve any issues with the assessment of these fees and ensure their accuracy. This is a UPS issue and not one caused by Ten Club in any way. We apologize for causing you any inconvenience or confusion and will do all we can to deliver your orders without further complication. We value our relationship with Ten Club and its members and are committed to providing you with excellent service.

Thank you for your understanding and we will update you as these issues are resolved.

UPS

Justin Vickerman
UPS Account Manager
International Business Development
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jvickerman@ups.com">jvickerman@ups.com</a><!-- e --> <mailto:jvickerman@ups.com>

International Support: (800) 782-7892

Veronica Cabading
UPS
Account Manager
Washington District
email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:vcabading@ups.com">vcabading@ups.com</a><!-- e -->

To the Ten Club members in the European Union who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Please go ahead and accept delivery of your shipment after reading this statement in its entirety. UPS will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery. Note that Duty, VAT or other governmental charges are based on the laws of your country and UPS does not have the authority to refund those charges.

We will continue to update you via email and TenClub.net

Thank you for your understanding.

Justin Vickerman
UPS Account Manager
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jvickerman@ups.com">jvickerman@ups.com</a><!-- e --> <mailto:jvickerman@ups.com>

International Support: (800)782-7892
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,759
    edited March 2009
    UPS

To the Ten Club members located in Europe who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Those of you who have been contacted by UPS (Europe) and asked to pay higher than expected clearance fees, please know that UPS is aware of these issues and we are working with our brokerage departments in your countries to resolve any issues with the assessment of these fees and ensure their accuracy. This is a UPS issue and not one caused by Ten Club in any way. We apologize for causing you any inconvenience or confusion and will do all we can to deliver your orders without further complication. We value our relationship with Ten Club and its members and are committed to providing you with excellent service.

Thank you for your understanding and we will update you as these issues are resolved.

UPS

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager

Veronica Cabading
    UPS
    Account Manager
    Washington District
    email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:vcabading@ups.com">vcabading@ups.com</a><!-- e -->

here is the latest:
    If there is a "reasonable" customs/duty tax imposed, you should not refuse the shipment. All International shipments are subject to customs/duty taxes imposed by your country. The value of the Super Deluxe Box set is marked $100. If the charge is "excessive", meaning 75+ euros, refuse the shipment until we can get this figured out. If you have questions, please contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> or the UPS contacts listed above. Please CC <!-- e --><a href="mailto:shipping@tenclub.net">shipping@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> on all UPS contact so I have a record of what's going on.
    If you have already paid, hang tight. We are working on a solution.
    I will update this post as I get more info from UPS.
    SLH
    To the Ten Club members in the European Union who have ordered the Ten Super Deluxe Package:

Please go ahead and accept delivery of your shipment after reading this statement in its entirety. UPS will provide adjustment credits to the appropriate UPS-related clearance fees after delivery. Note that Duty, VAT or other governmental charges are based on the laws of your country and UPS does not have the authority to refund those charges.

We will continue to update you via email and TenClub.net

Thank you for your understanding.

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager

International Support: (800)782-7892
    Post edited by Santos L. Halper on
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    UPS

UPS

Justin Vickerman
    UPS Account Manager

Veronica Cabading
    UPS
    Account Manager
    Washington District

To our European Super Deluxe Customers,
    Please REFUSE shipment of the Super Deluxe Box Set until we can figure this out with UPS. Your order will be held and then delivered when this is sorted out.
    SLH

Thank you for looking into this Santos - for those of us who have already paid, I take it we should just hang on to our receipts for now?

Thanks again!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thanks Santos.

Is there anything that can be done for the many of us accepted and paid up to the UPS guy and it's too late to refuse???
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    CR65191CR65191 Posts: 11
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    Thanks 10C but I've already paid the UPS guy when he delivered this morning in the UK? What do we do now?
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I REAAALLLY hope SLC is also emailing all non-US recipients. Most aren't on the forum, or don't check it often.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Thanks, that's great to hear. Please keep those of us who have already accepted them updated.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    Thanks 10C but I've already paid the UPS guy when he delivered this morning in the UK? What do we do now?

...and to add to what I wrote above, for those who already paid UPS, if there is no refunds on the duties they already paid then I hope TC ships something additional and unique to them to make up for it, and mark it as a "gift" without duties.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    CJMST3K wrote:
    ...and to add to what I wrote above, for those who already paid UPS, if there is no refunds on the duties they already paid then I hope TC ships something additional and unique to them to make up for it, and mark it as a "gift" without duties.

I'm sure there will be refunds....
  • Options
    mw288678mw288678 Posts: 15
    nooooooo i already paid ups too
    Some words when spoken...can't be taken back...
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    CJMST3K wrote:

You mean a signed version ;)
    Yeah I hope they can sort this out for people like us who already paid ... well in my case it was a pretty UPS girl who came to my door so I couldn't resist but pay for taxes.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

You mean a signed version ;)
    Yeah I hope they can sort this out for people like us who already paid ... well in my case it was a pretty UPS girl who came to my door so I couldn't resist but pay for taxes.

Hope you gave her a little something extra... if ya know what I mean. ;)
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    CJMST3K wrote:

Hope you gave her a little something extra... if ya know what I mean. ;)

Ooooh ... I knew I forgot to do something today :lol:
  • Options
    I was out today when they attempted to deliver. What is the risk of leaving them with my package until this is sorted out? I can't say I trust them with it.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    I was out today when they attempted to deliver. What is the risk of leaving them with my package until this is sorted out? I can't say I trust them with it.

Yeah mine needs redelivering too, dont know what to do really. I'll see what happens over the weekend and go from there. If it takes a long time to sort out, I'll probably end up paying the bastards as I just want the thing!
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    PH109495PH109495 Posts: 3
    I was at work and missed mine being delivered anyway - I'm guessing you guys are being charged VAT? In which case it shouldn't happen, as the value of the goods is less than £105 - which has been the customs duty limit since 1st December 2008 (see here - http://tinyurl.com/cuhpjj).
  • Options
    ML245287ML245287 Posts: 4
    too late for me, already paid...
    The London 2007 and Dusseldorf 2007 free boots would reconfort me if there is no refund :roll:
  • Options
    They tried to deliver it today. I wasn't at home so they are coming back on Monday.
    It says on the receipt that they will send the package back after 3 tries.
    So what now? Should I let them send it back? Or pick it up myself and pay the fee? I have only a few days to decide. This really sucks.
  • Options
    fredbabfredbab Posts: 6
    200€ the deluxe edition in France, desappointed...local retailer announce 100€, it's a big mistake for old fans...no advantages,paid two deluxe edition for one in local retailers...don't understand, really...
    www.sadetpotes.com
    www.myspace.com/sadetpotes
  • Options
    Yeah mine needs redelivering too, dont know what to do really. I'll see what happens over the weekend and go from there. If it takes a long time to sort out, I'll probably end up paying the bastards as I just want the thing!

I was annoyed at first when I realised I'd missed it and would have to wait till Monday, but now I'm glad as I get some time to think about what I'm going to do (and to brief the person who will be answering the door in my absence). At the moment I'm thinking of taking the hit and paying as well and hope I can claim it back in the future.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2010 - Berlin
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,287
    edited March 2009
    How about printing out the text of the email SLH posted and when UPS shows, give them that in exchange for your set instead of money. Tell them if they have an issue to contact Justin Vickerman.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    feck, accepted mine this morning too. I even nicely asked the UPS guy about the charge, he didnt give me an option of having it held - it was return it or pay for it...wasnt exactly the most helpful guy around (i know its just a package to him, but still).

i was prepared for a charge of somesort but €45?? thats like, over US$60. :?
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Poncier wrote:
    How about printing out the text of the email SLH posted and when UPS shows, give them that in exchange for you set instead of money. Tell them if they have an issue to contact Justin Vickerman.

and then watch them drive away with your package!
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    How about printing out the text of the email SLH posted and when UPS shows, give them that in exchange for you set instead of money. Tell them if they have an issue to contact Justin Vickerman.

I thought that but I will not be there to answer myself and I don't think its fair to ask someone else to get into an argument about something they know nothing about. Plus I know they would not accept it.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2010 - Berlin
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i know what would make up for this...A TOUR ANNOUNCMENT! :lol:
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    PH109495PH109495 Posts: 3
    I just had a look on Amazon - £99 with free shipping. And there's me like a fool paying £133 (I checked my CC statement) to get it delivered from the States and potentially another £30 tax... How do we get a refund from ten club?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Santos has edited his post.

No longer says to refuse delivery :?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    I am ok to pay the fees if I get a free ticket for next tour.
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Santos has edited his post.

No longer says to refuse delivery :?

Yeah but in the email you received, it is still "Please REFUSE shipment of the Super Deluxe Box Set until we can figure this out with UPS.[...]"
  • Options
    I just paid £32.25 to UPS... :evil:
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com