~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• I'll try again tomorrow, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Ok, just know that once you get it down it really is easy, although right now I don't think you are able to post pics from your phone, at least I can't which is hella annoying.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • I'm on my mini iPad and I'm a bit of a retard right now. I mean usually. You'll see a pic.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    So my new to me kitty Emma, apparently really likes the bathtub...I always get the weird ones, still love them though.
    2nmv79V.jpg

awwww a calico cat :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Your new to you kitty is adorable Northerndragon!!!
    Zombie cat comes back to life! It's Pet Semetery!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiFY7cI1FRg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Go Bart!! Poor kitty!!
  • This is my kitty Pennie:

yU3OgFQ.jpg
  • This is my kitty Pennie:

yU3OgFQ.jpg

Awwww! Hi Penny! :-h
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    So my new to me kitty Emma, apparently really likes the bathtub...I always get the weird ones, still love them though.
    2nmv79V.jpg

One of mine loves the bathtub. Ping Pong ball + bathtub = endless entertainment for kitty. It's also her safe spot. During really bad thunder storms or holidays with fireworks, she'll gather up all of her favorite toys and go sit in the bathtub. It's the cutest and most pathetic thing I've ever seen.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    2nmv79V.jpg

One of mine loves the bathtub. Ping Pong ball + bathtub = endless entertainment for kitty. It's also her safe spot. During really bad thunder storms or holidays with fireworks, she'll gather up all of her favorite toys and go sit in the bathtub. It's the cutest and most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Hahahaha!! My cat has t be with me during those times! He's like Saran Wrap during 4th of Jy and NY!
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    2nmv79V.jpg

Well as far as I can tell she isn't afraid of anything, but she really loves the tub. She just hangs out in there and sits on the side during a bath or a shower. I might try that ping pong ball thing that sounds hilarious. I love the gathers toys and hides in tub story about your kitty that just sounds too funny.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Pennie would climb along the edge of the tub as I showered. One time I looked down and she was in the tub as I was showering. And she always has to jump up and inspect the tub when I open the shower door in my new place. Someone told me to put a ball in there for her to play with. Still need to try that.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I need to try that with Scooter too! He likes to drink the water off the tub walls after a shower.. Tommy The Cat, ( my late kitty) used to LOVE water! We think he must have had some Turkish Van in him.. We'd fill the bath tub and he'd roll around and swim in it!! He was a good kitty!! This kitty, Scooter is a total trip in his own right as well. He's the most human inclined kitty I have ever seen!! Most cats love being independent, and don't really care if we come or go.. But THIS kitty is one that HAS to be with you all the time! He jumps into my arms, rides In the car, and walks on a leash! He's a very unique kitty indeed!! Here he is being adorable... Which he is really good at!
    E9CA3ED7-C17C-49A4-A2F8-805A0B7F8B6C.jpg
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I kitty on a leash, now that's something!
  • I will try to get some pics of him in his leash. We just started this past November., and he's doing really good! I used to have a horse that was smart like this.. And I trained her to sit, lie down, shake hooves. Scooter will sit and stay for food and treats.. He's just a really neat kitty!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    tumblr_metv1lqAJP1rnm1ldo1_r1_500.gif
  • My kitty prefers playing with the little clear cap from my eyeglass cleaning bottle over all her toys.
  • Kitties are daily entertained for sure.. I love it! Ok so another cute Scooter pic..
    AAFBD070-3B29-460F-B294-11BFFD789D41.jpg
  • Emma has a q-tip that she is very fond of, she will play with it all over the house and, as I recently discovered, put it back in the bathroom when she is done.
    Here is Iris doing her impression of a couch throw pillow.
    hmeebmK.jpg

i'm seeing lots of calico kitties. here's an older one of Kali (i think i posted this awhile ago)
    10400632_1109955508504_2904_n.jpg?oh=701f35a42dfdbd804e7eec8b3fdbe19a&oe=55683BAB
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Such cute pics, I will have to share some new pics of Beans and Eliot soon...they each recently got new nicknames, Beans has been dubbed "Maltobeany" with a thick italian accent, and Eliot is Mowzer because he meows so much.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Oh ma' God that's too cute!! We call Scooter Scoots, or Cooter! Lol
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Here's a question that has been nipping in the dusty corners of my brain lately:

Ya know how sometimes a cat will just sit there and stare off into space for several minutes at a time? Annie The Cat does that a lot. WTF is going on in her brain when that happens? Is that like some kind of Kitty Yoga or something? Why do cats do that? Are they day dreaming about their next meal? Are they doing math in their heads? What is that all about anyway? I really wanna know, haha!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    They see things we can't see. Prob some demon or something. Just saying.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited February 2015
    Well Brian. Cats see ultra violet rays.. It comes from the fact that they see in three colors.. Blue, green and red. Now the blue gives them very sharp shadow definition, which helps with seeing at night. Unlike us humans, ( even though we have all four color rods in our retinas), cats can see multiple shadows in varying depths and decifer the deeper shadows from the more shallow, from great distance. This is because the green rod actually absorbs and reflects back the tiniest minute particles of light, and translates it in the cat's vision. That's why they see so well at night, they have built in night vision!! Totally cool! BUT!! this is the trippiest part, ( I just learned this too! ) because they have the red and green rods, the day light translates in to a format of UV spectrum. Allowing them to see things that we would need a black light to see!! So they see everything.. Dust, sunlight, and disturbance ripple in the surrounding atmosphere, ( personal atmosphere not stratosphere), I think they get lost watching that. As hunters they are sight driven, so I think they just get a bit mystified by what they see!!!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
    OMG! So Annie is seeing blue, green and red demons! No wonder she is so spaced out sometimes!

(That IS fascinating info there, Whispering. Thanks!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Yw Brian! I'm just learning g about kitty psyches so it is fascinating! They are true wonders on this earth!!
    Yw Brian! I'm just learning g about kitty psyches so it is fascinating! They are true wonders on this earth!!

Cats really are a trippy! And people can get tripped out over them. I was just reading about the artist Louis Wain (1860-1939) who was totally obsessed with cats and went crazy and his later cat paintings are TOTALLY tripped out!

Scroll down about halfway here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Wain and check out some of his awesome psychedelic cat art!

More cool stuff on Louis Wain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htf2fER_T_s