~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• PJSiren said:

That's adorable Tree...Scooter is just too cute!
    The vet called and Tabby Lu's ashes are back from the crematorium, I think I will go pick them up before work tomorrow morning...I have a feeling I will have a break down when I do...

I am praying for you. Hope you make it through with no breakdown. But if you do cry, know that it's very normal.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Thank you! I have actually been coping really well with the whole thing since it happened...I feel a sense of relief that she is no longer suffering, and I've been looking at a lot of pictures of her and posting them to IG and FB, and they make me smile, and I have hardly cried since, mostly just the day we did it and the day after...hopefully I will not breakdown, but I may feel sad again holding a tiny box of what was my baby... but I know it's normal and I am expecting it, I just hope I don't cry myself into a headache before work...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

PJSiren said:

That's adorable Tree...Scooter is just too cute!
    The vet called and Tabby Lu's ashes are back from the crematorium, I think I will go pick them up before work tomorrow morning...I have a feeling I will have a break down when I do...

I am praying for you. Hope you make it through with no breakdown. But if you do cry, know that it's very normal.
    Yes just as whispering said. It's no doubt gonna be tuff. Hang in there.
  • PJSiren said:

Thank you! I have actually been coping really well with the whole thing since it happened...I feel a sense of relief that she is no longer suffering, and I've been looking at a lot of pictures of her and posting them to IG and FB, and they make me smile, and I have hardly cried since, mostly just the day we did it and the day after...hopefully I will not breakdown, but I may feel sad again holding a tiny box of what was my baby... but I know it's normal and I am expecting it, I just hope I don't cry myself into a headache before work...

I understand. When the first wolf dog ( Momo) died, I was very very sad... But I was kind of ok, cause I still had his brother Ace. But when a year later Ace died.. I ended up so heartbroken that I nearly lost my job. So, you're doing by far better than I did!!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    PJSiren said:

Can you take a little extra time for yourself before work?

I so feel for you - especially the looking at pictures. I did that as soon as we came back, it felt so empty in our little home. Sobbed while going through photos - no digital at the time! Gathered them into one of those old-school envelopes you'd get your pictures in when picking them up from Kmart, Rite Aid, wherever. I still go through them from time to time and they bring comfort and smiles.

It's funny, when she was obviously not doing well (she was 17), I was out of work and had a phone interview that went really well, was asked to come in for a face-to-face the following Monday. That weekend, she was euthanized and I fucking blew the interview two days later. So embarrassing.

In retrospect it was the best thing since I lucked into my current place, which I love.

Might sound odd, but I thank her for that...the roundabout way how things happen. The part her life and death played, in so many ways even aside from that.

Anyway...sorry for the ramble; this brought back memories.

I wish you and your guy well through this. Grief takes time, and so many forms.

It will get easier - allow yourself to feel it all, along the way :)

Well, I didn't manage to make it without tears, I did cry, my heart broke all over again, especially to see the size of the tiny little box she's in...I know she's not human so I don't know what I expected, but it is tiny...she was tiny...I guess it fits perfect, it's a beautiful little tin box, I love it! I just thought I'd share a picture of it.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • That is a beautiful little tin.. Such a perfect spot, beautiful just like her! Hugs to you.. :-)
    So I found the coolest thing! Like you all have probably heard of stuff like "Life Gem" where they can take ashes and make a diamond out of them...when that's 3k$, so I had googled "ashes made into jewelry" looking to find out how much that was, and amongst them found an etsy shop, and this guy takes a small amount of ashes from your loved one and turns into into a blown glass pendant, it's so cool! It's about 100$ so I am totally going to do that when I have some extra funds! I sent the link to my hubby to look at I would love to have one he even has one with a pawprint in it for pets.
    Tattooed Dissident!

This is the ash pendant, the bubbles in it are made from the chemical reaction between the hot glass and the ashes....I think it's so cool...I want this one with the paw print for Tabby Lu...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

This is the ash pendant, the bubbles in it are made from the chemical reaction between the hot glass and the ashes....I think it's so cool...I want this one with the paw print for Tabby Lu...

That's really COOL!!!!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    edited December 2014
    Now this is just too weird... tonight, among a few other things, we heated up the last of the Thanksgiving turkey and had some lime jello for desert (yeah, I know, that's weird to but...)
    So just for grins I offer Annie The Cat some a little bit of turkey and a little bit of lime jello. Guess which one she passed on and and which one she ate?

MY CAT IS SO WEIRD! #-o 8-}
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

Now this is just too weird... tonight, among a few other things, we heated up the last of the Thanksgiving turkey and had some lime jello for desert (yeah, I know, that's weird to but...)
    So just for grins I offer Annie The Cat some a little bit of turkey and a little bit of lime jello. Guess which one she passed on and and which one she ate?

That's ok.. Scooter loves onions!! Lmao
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613

brianlux said:

That's ok.. Scooter loves onions!! Lmao
    Onions?!?! Whoa! :))

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I got one that eats bread like it's going out of style and another that like flour tortillas...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Hahahaha! Cats are the best!! The first time Scooter are a piece of onion I thought it was cause I'd been cooking it with ground turkey meat.. But the a few days later, I was slicing some for a sand which, thought I'd try it,, and he ate it again!! He actually likes onions! Weirdo!
  • 742B75B9-C69C-4385-BACC-4129A611115F.jpg
    Scooter cuddling with my Step Mom.
    That pic is so sweet Tree!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • 24307489-FE3F-49DB-BB85-F1A76893E3FE.jpg

Scooter laying in my lap!
  • So my new to me kitty Emma, apparently really likes the bathtub...I always get the weird ones, still love them though.
    2nmv79V.jpg
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • You need to see a picture of my kitty. They could be siblings. She's six months old.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Wee Emma there is turning two in two weeks, funny thing is she looks like a miniature of my older cat......U28t0jH.jpgbut there is a six year age difference and they were born on opposite ends of the province.
    You should post a pic of your kitty.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • First I need a course in how to post pics from my iPad/phone. But yeah, they're probably not twins.
  • You just need to open an online image account. Some people use photobucket but I found it useless from my phone so I use Imgur. Upload pics to your account on said account, then open in their own tab, copy the link, click on the pic icon in the comment box and past the link in there. That is the quick and dirty version.

• You just need to open an online image account. Some people use photobucket

You lost me right there.
  • step one type imgur into your search bar

• step one type imgur into your search bar

Done.
  • step two create an account.....there are usually directions on how to do this on the webpage

• I didn't see where to create an account, but I did upload a photo.
  • it will ask to sign in and if you don't have a username and password it asks you to set those up. If you have done that and uploaded a photo we are half way there. Now click on that photo, when it comes up click on open in another tab/link