~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I am, yes, and thank you....I have 3 hours left at work, and I have been struggling not to have a break down...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I'm so sorry. Your kitty is so lucky to have you and vice versa. We are so lucky to have pets to love and pets that love us back. But it's still terrible to say goodbye. Thoughts and prayers from LA.
    Thank you! My husband and I wrote something together....giving Tabby Lu a voice....I will share it on Sunday...with some pictures...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Thinking of you, PJSiren. My heart goes out to you during this sad time.
    ELITIST FUK
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    SD48277 said:

Thinking of you, PJSiren. My heart goes out to you during this sad time.

Yes, indeed. Hang in there.

I am Tabby Lu and I died today. It may be a sad thing but do not be sad for me as I had a fufilling, happy life with my family! It began in a shelter where I had decided I was going to pick my new owner. She did not know it but I targeted her the moment she walked in! I followed her around and every time she stopped I stood up and informed her of my selection and our lives began from there!

I have been on adventures too! I flew on a plane across the country to Kentucky, where I got to live with my Great Grandparents. Returned home to Oregon on a LONG car trip but I loved every minute of it! Got to live with Grandma and her fur baby for a time as well! Mom met and married Dad and my human sisser Chyann, and I took them in too! Our family grew over time with the inclusion of the dog, Autzen, and the two boy cats, Eliot and Beans. We all got along fantastic and even played together before I got sick!

My illness, unfortunately, claimed my body before I was able to live out all of my elder years with my family. But the cancer cannot touch my soul or my love for my family, as that will never die! In my final days my parents made sure I was as comfortable as I could be, my furry family members stayed by my side offering me comfort and support, and these acts confirmed what I always knew..........I was not just adopted, I was part of the family!

They may be sad, upset, and angry I was taken too soon, but they need not worry! I live on in their thoughts and hearts never to be forgotten! This portion of my journey may be complete, but my next adventure is just beginning! Mom, Dad, Chyann, Autzen, Eliot, and Beans..............I love all of you and want you to know I am OK...........I may not be there in the flesh, but I will always be with you!

I am Tabby Lu and I died today, but my family is with me always and will help me on my next adventure!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    edited November 2014
    PJSiren said:

I am Tabby Lu and I died today. It may be a sad thing but do not be sad for me as I had a fufilling, happy life with my family! It began in a shelter where I had decided I was going to pick my new owner. She did not know it but I targeted her the moment she walked in! I followed her around and every time she stopped I stood up and informed her of my selection and our lives began from there!

I have been on adventures too! I flew on a plane across the country to Kentucky, where I got to live with my Great Grandparents. Returned home to Oregon on a LONG car trip but I loved every minute of it! Got to live with Grandma and her fur baby for a time as well! Mom met and married Dad and my human sisser Chyann, and I took them in too! Our family grew over time with the inclusion of the dog, Autzen, and the two boy cats, Eliot and Beans. We all got along fantastic and even played together before I got sick!

My illness, unfortunately, claimed my body before I was able to live out all of my elder years with my family. But the cancer cannot touch my soul or my love for my family, as that will never die! In my final days my parents made sure I was as comfortable as I could be, my furry family members stayed by my side offering me comfort and support, and these acts confirmed what I always knew..........I was not just adopted, I was part of the family!

They may be sad, upset, and angry I was taken too soon, but they need not worry! I live on in their thoughts and hearts never to be forgotten! This portion of my journey may be complete, but my next adventure is just beginning! Mom, Dad, Chyann, Autzen, Eliot, and Beans..............I love all of you and want you to know I am OK...........I may not be there in the flesh, but I will always be with you!

I am Tabby Lu and I died today, but my family is with me always and will help me on my next adventure!

Wow, sorry pj siren. So so sorry. I know exactly what u guys are going thru. Stay strong. Things will get better as the days go by. And when you're ready, another future family member cat will be waiting for you to take home. Again, I'm so sorry on your loss.

And nice to meet u tabby Lu. Pop your head in on your folks from time to time.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Farewell Tabby Lu and sorry for your lost PJSiren.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    :(
    ELITIST FUK
  • I am so sorry, PJSiren. Such a sweet kitty. You did the right thing. She won't suffer anymore, and you showed her how much you love her. The memories will always be there, this is the good thing about memories. Nobody can take them away from you. Your heart is aching now, but I can tell you that it will get better eventually. I am sending you a big hug. Tabby Lu will meet Mr. Pickles in kitty heaven. He says hi... Stay strong.

When I think about him, I think about him like this. Cozy, cute, with fuzzy little paws.

Tommy The Cat made her a nice comfy bed to welcome her to kitty heaven. Hugs and you and your family are in my prayers tonight.
  • Ps, I just realized, my previous cat and my current cat look a lots alike!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,747
    PJSiren said:

:( sorry for your loss, but like she said she lived a good life :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Thank you all! I had o stay home from work today due to a migraine from crying, I was so sick this morning...I've been trying to not cry so I can get rid of this headache....I just wanted to share something my husband thought of making for me....

Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

Thank you all! I had o stay home from work today due to a migraine from crying, I was so sick this morning...I've been trying to not cry so I can get rid of this headache....I just wanted to share something my husband thought of making for me....

How perfect !! What a great guy you have!!
    He is a great guy, he's having a hard time too, it really hit him yesterday morning he said when he went down the stairs she didn't waddle down with him to get breakfast...it comes in waves with me, I think happy thoughts of her and smile and then a little later sad thoughts and I cry....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

He is a great guy, he's having a hard time too, it really hit him yesterday morning he said when he went down the stairs she didn't waddle down with him to get breakfast...it comes in waves with me, I think happy thoughts of her and smile and then a little later sad thoughts and I cry....

It'll take time. Being here, in this forums, helped a lot, cause I could rant and cry, and everyone understood. One day at a time. :-)
    They had weighed her on the 16th and she weighed 8.5lbs, they weighed her on the 23rd and she was down to 7lbs 13oz, which made it clear in my mind even more and even though it hurt so much that we were doing right by her because she was losing weight so rapidly and if we let her go it would be a cruel way to go, she would have ended up essentially starving to death because of the oral cancer making it so hard to eat.

I'm still angry and I'm still grieving, but I know what we did was the right thing and now she's running around with all the kitties who've gone before her at the Rainbow Bridge, and one day we'll be reunited.
    Tattooed Dissident!
    My little angel....This looks just like Tabby Lu in her prime!!!

Tattooed Dissident!
    edited November 2014
    PJSiren said:

My little angel....This looks just like Tabby Lu in her prime!!!

You made the RIGHT decision pj sirens. You will beat yourself in the head for a time. But I promise u, it'll get better. For the both of you. Hang in there. Tabby was a beaut! Wings and all!
    Interesting pic, I went to take a pic of my kitty, and he went to head butt the phone, this is what I got.
  • imageand this one is just cute.
    Those are adorable Tree! :-)
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • :-) hope you're doing ok Miss Siren ( don't want to throw your name out there without your consent, everyone here knows me as Tree, so they know who I am, but not everyone wants their name out there.) and thank you. My kitty is a goofball. It's funny hour other two cats are named Elliot and beans... I used to have a kitty in the 90's named Elliot Bean. She was named after T.S.Elliot, and Frances Bean! Lol she too is in kitty heaven. ( she had a tumor in her brain that pushed her right eye out of its socket). I always felt horrible that I didn't catch that.. But she was suuuuuuuch a weird cat, it was hard to tell if she was acting abnormally). We ended her suffering on her 4th birthday. She was a Halloween kitty. I just thought that connection was kinda cool! I hope your days get smoother soon. But it really does take time. Love on Wlliot and Beans for me though! That is just really cool/weird.. Lol
    You can say my name...I've introduced myself somewhere as Mandy on here before...lol That is crazy funny! Eliot is named Eliot Spencer after my favorite character from the TV show Leverage, and Beans came with his name and he was 7 months old when we got him so we figured it was a bit late to change it...but we figured out why he was named Beans....it's because he farts...A LOT! lol It's a very appropriate name for him. He likes to get up on my lap and fart...and he had some tuna the other night and they were fishy farts, it was amusing...it's a good thing I can laugh at him...lol
    I am doing OK...my heart still hurts and of course I miss her like crazy, but I think I might be past the bawling my eyes out...at least the continuous bawling my eyes out I am sure there will be more crying at various times...when things remind me of her...when we get her ashes back...but the hardest part was leading up to it and then doing it...even though I miss her desperately, since I have felt a sense of relief because I know she is no longer suffering, and that's what counts...and now I have a tiny angel in heaven looking down on me.
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • PJSiren said:

You can say my name...I've introduced myself somewhere as Mandy on here before...lol That is crazy funny! Eliot is named Eliot Spencer after my favorite character from the TV show Leverage, and Beans came with his name and he was 7 months old when we got him so we figured it was a bit late to change it...but we figured out why he was named Beans....it's because he farts...A LOT! lol It's a very appropriate name for him. He likes to get up on my lap and fart...and he had some tuna the other night and they were fishy farts, it was amusing...it's a good thing I can laugh at him...lol
    I am doing OK...my heart still hurts and of course I miss her like crazy, but I think I might be past the bawling my eyes out...at least the continuous bawling my eyes out I am sure there will be more crying at various times...when things remind me of her...when we get her ashes back...but the hardest part was leading up to it and then doing it...even though I miss her desperately, since I have felt a sense of relief because I know she is no longer suffering, and that's what counts...and now I have a tiny angel in heaven looking down on me.

Ha! I love that show!!
  • The many positions of kitty's Turkey Coma!

Hahahaha!!
  • And yes, that's my fat ass in the chair with the cat! Lol
    My mom found some great pics of Tabby Lu....I had to share my favorite one....I call this squishie face....

Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

My mom found some great pics of Tabby Lu....I had to share my favorite one....I call this squishie face....

Fuck ya! That pics awesome! I love when cats sleep with a smile on their face. Let's me know they're safe and content.