~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Wow that is cool!!
  • http://i.imgur.com/azjrwmV.jpg

She could have a whole couch to herself if she wanted. Or the bed. Plus she has a beanbag. But she loves the pottery bowl! I love how she matches the kitchen table, lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

http://i.imgur.com/azjrwmV.jpg

She could have a whole couch to herself if she wanted. Or the bed. Plus she has a beanbag. But she loves the pottery bowl! I love how she matches the kitchen table, lol

She's beautiful.

And, yeah, I love how we let them on the couch, on the bed, buy them pillows and blankets, whatever to make them comfortable, but they choose to sleep in a shoe box.

Weird, funny, fantastic creatures. I love them, so.

I'm stealing your kitty, that is all.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Hobbes said:

She's beautiful.

And, yeah, I love how we let them on the couch, on the bed, buy them pillows and blankets, whatever to make them comfortable, but they choose to sleep in a shoe box.

Thanks, she really is very pretty. And I agree, they are the best. I love them.

lol, if you take the bowl she'd probably go with you!
  • Hobbes said:

She's beautiful.

Thanks, she really is very pretty. And I agree, they are the best. I love them.

lol, if you take the bowl she'd probably go with you!
    Deal! I like the bowl too :lol:

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Lol
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613

Awesome little calico there WTM!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

Hey thanks! Love her.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    edited February 2015

brianlux said:

Hey thanks! Love her.
    almost as cute as mine :tongue:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Well it's a sad day in my household. I have come to the conclusion.. That.. This is really hard to say.. But I am going to have to find Scooter another home. I work all the time, and in retaliation, he has begun shredding everything.. Nothing is going to stop it.. He just wants company.. And I can't provide that.. Especially with school coming up. So
    It's only fair that I find him a home that can give him the live he desires. But i'm gonna bawl. At least I know I'm doing what's right for my little fuzz ball.
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Awww, WTM, she is a cutie. And WH, I'm sorry your cat has to go to a new home, but good luck.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Well it's a sad day in my household. I have come to the conclusion.. That.. This is really hard to say.. But I am going to have to find Scooter another home. I work all the time, and in retaliation, he has begun shredding everything.. Nothing is going to stop it.. He just wants company.. And I can't provide that.. Especially with school coming up. So
    It's only fair that I find him a home that can give him the live he desires. But i'm gonna bawl. At least I know I'm doing what's right for my little fuzz ball.

This is heartbreaking, yes you are doing the right thing for him but still it must be so hard. Try to find him a home with someone you know then you can visit and it makes it a little less painful. At least that is what my friend says who's kitty I adopted because they couldn't keep her anymore. Hugs and good luck.

• bluegrace said:

Awww, WTM, she is a cutie.

I know, right!? : )

Are you sure there's nothing else you can try? Some new toys to keep him busy? Buy a bird feeder and prop him up in the window? That's so sad.

Well it's a sad day in my household. I have come to the conclusion.. That.. This is really hard to say.. But I am going to have to find Scooter another home. I work all the time, and in retaliation, he has begun shredding everything.. Nothing is going to stop it.. He just wants company.. And I can't provide that.. Especially with school coming up. So

Are you sure there's nothing else you can try? Some new toys to keep him busy? Buy a bird feeder and prop him up in the window? That's so sad.
    How about another cat? Get him a friend.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Well it's a sad day in my household. I have come to the conclusion.. That.. This is really hard to say.. But I am going to have to find Scooter another home. I work all the time, and in retaliation, he has begun shredding everything.. Nothing is going to stop it.. He just wants company.. And I can't provide that.. Especially with school coming up. So

That sux whispering, sorry to hear that.
  • Well, my Dad actually loves this cat.. He just texted me he found a possible answer! Lmao.. He found Jel-Caps online this morning. So now that he knows what they really are.. ( I tried to explain them to him before.. And he said it was mean.. I think he gets the options.. So we're going ho try that..
  • Yay for possibly keeping kitty, I hope it all works out.

• Hobbes said:

How about another cat? Get him a friend.
    I'm living in my parents' basement while I go to school. They are doing me a huge solid here! This is a chance I won't ever get again. I'm pretty sure my dad will work
    With me. He lives the cat too. But I can't get another cat.. It's not my house, but believe me.. That is the best solution. I'm hoping the dog and cat bury the hatchet, and become friends. Zoe used to
    Play with Tommy The Cat, so surely Scooter will acclimate?? I hope.. I hope these JelCaps work.. Gonna go You Tube how to
    Put them
    On.. Stupid phone!!^^^ actually stupid blind human.. But I'm blaming the phone..
  • Good luck!

Adorable. Mine loves the recycling box. She gets in there and shreds paper to her hearts content. And she has a bit of a quirk, in that she is ready to go to bed at 9 pm. She sleeps with the hubs and me because we have zebra finches as well. At 9 if no one is making like they are going to bed, she starts acting up. Scratching things she isn't supposed to - repeatedly. Bouncing off the walls. As soon as one of us starts up the stairs, she races as fast as she can to beat us up the stairs. She always wins. It is hysterical. I really truly had forgotten how much I love cats. I can see old cat lady in my future. ;)
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
    After discovering our indoor car Annie zlikes asparagus (especially cooked and cooled but will chew on raw stalks) I told some fellow cat people about it and they both said, "Get here some grass!" I said, "Huh?" They said, "Yeah, go to Raleys (our local grocer) and get her some wheat grass and give it to here."

So sure enough, the produce section has this little 4" x 4" flats of wheat grass and Annie loves it. She only chews a little at a time and we keep it watered and growing. And even if it doesn't last indefinitely it's a small expense to give her a little more outdoor feeling. We also let her check out flowers or anything else green that comes into the house. Well, almost anything else green. :wink:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752
    Lizard said:

:lol: cute
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    brianlux said:

After discovering our indoor car Annie zlikes asparagus (especially cooked and cooled but will chew on raw stalks) I told some fellow cat people about it and they both said, "Get here some grass!" I said, "Huh?" They said, "Yeah, go to Raleys (our local grocer) and get her some wheat grass and give it to here."

So sure enough, the produce section has this little 4" x 4" flats of wheat grass and Annie loves it. She only chews a little at a time and we keep it watered and growing. And even if it doesn't last indefinitely it's a small expense to give her a little more outdoor feeling. We also let her check out flowers or anything else green that comes into the house. Well, almost anything else green. :wink:

Ours love the wheat grass! Love it!
  • What other places sell wheat grass?

What other places sell wheat grass?

Most food co-ops should have it. Do you have a local one?

I'm guessing Whole Foods might as well.

Also, it looks fairly easy to grow at home (starts at about 1:55):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw57kmVdx5Q

• Thank you good sir.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,413
    edited February 2015
    Little Sammy 7-4-1998 02-28-2015

I can not begin to express the joy, and love, my little Samantha brought to my wife Kathy and I. From the day Kathy brought her home, the 3 of us were a match made in heaven. For 17 years we shared everything. For seventeen years Sammy would greet me at the door when I came home from work. I would pick her up over my shoulder, and the 2 of us would rub our faces together. Every night for 17 years. We shared every breakfast together. Sammy liked her toast buttered, and her steaks cooked medium rare. But broiled chicken was her absolute favorite! Kathy and I have probably cooked a thousand of pieces of chicken just for Sammy, over the years. At Christmas time, Sammy had her own stocking, that was always filled with all her favorite goodies. Sammy was also very fond of napping. She damned near loved to nap as much as she loved to eat. Sammy wasn't much for playing with toys, she found them to be beneath her. She was much too sophisticated, for silly toys. On the weekends when Kathy would go to bed, if I was still here in the computer room, Sammy would give me about 20 minutes. Then after those 20 minutes Sammy would walk in this room and let me know, by screaming and yelling, in her own little way, that it was time for bed. Funny, as a child my mom couldn't get me to bed, as an adult Kathy cant get me to go to bed, but when Sammy told me it was time for bed, I WENT TO BED!

Sammy and I had a ritual every morning and night. We would start by talking to each other(yeah I said it). We would have a little conversation, and then Sammy would lay on her back, and the EAR ITCHING would begin. For 10-20 minutes twice a day I would rub little Sammy's ears. She would be in heaven. She would just melt. The purring never stopped. For 17 years.

Today the purring stopped.
    There is no more chicken to share.
    There will be no more ear rubs.

I loved you Sammy
    I will forever miss you Sammy
    You will always be "Daddy's little girl".

You were the best damned cat on planet Earth!

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....