***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited April 2011
    R6 looked great at the plate today seeing him work the count and then get a hit was awesome.

And like shit in every other aspect of the game...as usual.

sooo many fans left in the 7th inning. it was amateur hour at CBP today.

Great win...prob the best opening day game I've been to. Can't wait to get back down there for Lee tomorrow.

So glad baseball is back. Phils game earlier today...now flipping between sixers/flyers. ANd multiple baseball games (mlb package is free for first week on comcast for those that don't have it). Whoever thought march is a better sports month than april is certifiably insane. This time of year is only matched by october sports. Life is good
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    So tomorrow? Clif Lee. Sunday? Roy Oswalt. Oh, what's that New York? Yes, not only Cole Hamels but Roy Halladay - who just pitched in the previous series is once again pitching in the following series. Not gonna lie - getting a bit of a semi if this is how it's really going to be like.

I HOPE U MEAN THE METS BUD

...well, it's not the yankees coming to town next week is it?

:lol:

i was actually laughing m ass off as i was leaving work..the handful of mets fans were loving life going into the 9th
    yea baby they suck blah blah.....i
    so as i was walking out the door i walked past the tv and said..phils get 3 right now!!!

they were sick....losers
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I HOPE U MEAN THE METS BUD

i was actually laughing m ass off as i was leaving work..the handful of mets fans were loving life going into the 9th
    so as i was walking out the door i walked past the tv and said..phils get 3 right now!!!

they were sick....losers

speaking of losers...how about those blue shirts??? I will enjoy watching them choke away a playoff spot this week. :D:D:D
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:

they were sick....losers

speaking of losers...how about those blue shirts??? I will enjoy watching them choke away a playoff spot this week. :D:D:D

i can use my playoff money back anyway..
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    Nice comeback win today. Wasn't able to watch it, but was listening to the game at work. Can't wait for Tuesday now. So is Oswalt pitching on Tues. or Cole? :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Nice comeback win today. Wasn't able to watch it, but was listening to the game at work. Can't wait for Tuesday now. So is Oswalt pitching on Tues. or Cole? :D

oswalt sunday, hamels tuesday. sweet for you. I think hamels has a monster season
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    As a Phillies fan I still can't wrap my head around going from Halladay to Lee as a number 2

Insanity
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    As a Phillies fan I still can't wrap my head around going from Halladay to Lee as a number 2

Insanity

neither can the astros. HEY. OH. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    edited April 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    Perfect throw.

you obviously weren't talking about howard.

sorry, I had to. between that play and his baserunning (well lack thereof), he lived up to his rep today.

pump, pump, pump...no throw. so annoying. a 10 year old makes that play 9 times out of 10

aaaand, here we go. that over is money in the bank. :lol:

i can imagine you secretly rooting for him to strikeout in the 9th--only kidding :lol: helluva at bat. great win.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,413
    Hey there! Now that was fun, wasn't it?

Hall of Fame Club was cool, but I prefer sitting with the peons. Seemed like about 20% of the people in there gave a shit about the game. When we were walking out, the usher actually said "Thanks for staying the whole game." :? Ridiculous. All these stupid people with hookups through work and too much money, blah blah. The Club itself was just ok. Beer lines got really long; I actually walked outside to get beer. But it was really nice to come in for an inning here & there to warm up.

The game itself - Halladay was awesome, if a little unlucky with lack of support. Fucking Myers getting 2 hits was infuriating. Mrs. Abruzzo said that if she were Mrs. Myers, she would shave off that goatee-thing in the middle of the night, and that it'd be worth the subsequent beating. :lol: I said that must've been what happened in Boston. :P

I was so pissed that Myers threw like 40 pitches through 6 innings. He got tired anyways. These guys need to take some fucking pitches. That's probably the biggest thing I'll miss about Werth.

I thought Howard played well. I wasn't sure if he really had a play at 3B on that bunt. The baserunning was rather pathetic, I admit. I was already mocking Fixer via text about him yesterday. :lol:

Cliff (I will not call him The General because that was a jinx in 2009) Lee tonight. Mr. Oswalt and his perfect Citizens Park record tomorrow, for Johnny III's 6-month day and first Phillies game! GO PHILS!!!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    good news.

the juggler has just procured some pretty kick ass seats for young clifton's return this evening. got section 113, row 9 for only 60 bucks a pop off the hubstub.

aaaaand, i'm up to 3 games in the hall of fame club in the next couple months. this marriage has some perks. :thumbup:

gonna be a fun season gentlemen.

GO.
    PHILS.
    www.myspace.com
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    ARGH Why couldn't you damn Philles fans have started a new thread for the season. I posted on this thread a year ago and now it's still on top of my "view your posts"
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
    StoneAment wrote:
    ARGH Why couldn't you damn Philles fans have started a new thread for the season. I posted on this thread a year ago and now it's still on top of my "view your posts"

haha....this thread will never, ever, die.

(with that said, i regret ever posting in that stupid ass newbie thread :x )
    www.myspace.com
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    just scored tickets to sundays game..sec 114 near the phillies dugout..sweet!!!! i love it when the phillies release last minute decent seats :mrgreen:
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    StoneAment wrote:

Argh - ah well it could be worse, it could be a Yankees thread. At least the Philles have Halladay who will always be a Jay to me, not to mention the fact that the Philles were in that awesome World Series back in '93 - didn't you enjoy that eh? :mrgreen:
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    StoneAment wrote:
    StoneAment wrote:

Argh - ah well it could be worse, it could be a Yankees thread. At least the Philles have Halladay who will always be a Jay to me, not to mention the fact that the Philles were in that awesome World Series back in '93 - didn't you enjoy that eh? :mrgreen:

Despite losing, I actually look back fondly on the '93 World Series. The top of the 7th in game 6 was probably the most exciting shit I've ever seen in my life up to that point (age 9). Actually, from the 7th inning through the first two batters of the bottom of the 9th, things were going great. Even the last batter started off well enough. I remember when Mitch Williams got the count to 2-2 against Joe Carter I thought to myself, "It can be over right here!" Well it was...
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,738
    A long great read, Pat Jordan is one of my favorite writers ever. May not love everything your boy Schmidt has to say though. although he's talking about all pitchers in todays game.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/magaz ... f=magazine

Edit: And I can't say it enough, you need to read Pat Jordan.
    StoneAment wrote:

I also enjoyed the '93 World Series - even the disastrous Game 4, which I attended. That Blue Jays lineup is easily the greatest lineup of my lifetime. They blow away the Yankees of the last few years. Basically a murderers row of Hall of Famers. The thing I always think about is Daulton just missing a grand slam that would've made it 17-9 in Game 4. Although Mitchie still might've blown it. :lol:

And that 7th inning comeback was one of the fucking balsiest innings ever. Those guys just wouldn't quit, even though they were hugely overmatched on paper.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    A long great read, Pat Jordan is one of my favorite writers ever. May not love everything your boy Schmidt has to say though. although he's talking about all pitchers in todays game.

You know Cliffy, if I was one of those pitchers, I wouldn't give this guy the time of day either. He's clearly a prick, and also sounds like an old fogie. Yeah yeah, nobody is as good as Warren Spahn or Jim Palmer or Nolan Ryan (wasn't Nolan Ryan barely over .500 for his career?). Bottom line, these guys are 4 of the best 20 to 25 pitchers in the game.

About the CG's - the only reason Halladay doesn't throw 20 CG's a year is because his managers don't let him. It's obviously his desire and he has the ability to do that. Also, how many 9 inning CG's did the entire Yankees staff have in 2010? I believe the answer might be, um, ZERO! So Fuck Off Pat Jordan.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just another lame NY writer bitter and confused that any player could possibly choose Phila. over NY.

VA FANCUL.

Pay Jordan has absolutely nothing to do with new York aside from the fact this is in the ny times mag. I don't know what you are crying about, I don't think he said anything terribly critical about any of them, just more about pitching today in general. Dude is an absolute great writer and "a false spring" is one of my favorite books ever.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Pay Jordan has absolutely nothing to do with new York aside from the fact this is in the ny times mag. I don't know what you are crying about, I don't think he said anything terribly critical about any of them, just more about pitching today in general. Dude is an absolute great writer and "a false spring" is one of my favorite books ever.

These NYT guys will never say anything nice about anyone or anything from Philly. Like they said Vetri "could rank among the best Italian restaurants in NY." Blow me. Enjoy your stupid ugly overrated city.

Some drunk posts here tonight, but I stand by them.

edited April 2011
    Haha, crazy talk dude. This guy doesn't write for the times dude, he's from Florida and occasionally appears in the sunday new York times magazine. The guy is a great fucking writer and has nothing to do with new York, in fact I am pretty sure from his writing he would dislike the city.

Are you that bitter that anything with the word "new york" in it is automatically horrible?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    2-0 off looked good tonight and Cliff was Cliff!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    Before I read through the previous stuff, I gotta say that tonight was awesome. Hearing the lineup announced was amazing...when Lee's name got called the place went apeshit. then as he finished his warmup tosses...everyone was waiting for him to finish. when the bullpen doors opened CBP went ballistic. He got a standing O from the minute the door opened until the minute he hit the phils dugout. and when he got close to the dugout the MFers lucky enough to have seats in the sections behind the phils dugout went crazy.

then he struck out 11 dudes and ed wade shit himself. yesterday was good, but I wish every game was as fun as tonight.

GO PHILS
    Hey there! Now that was fun, wasn't it?

Hall of Fame Club was cool, but I prefer sitting with the peons. Seemed like about 20% of the people in there gave a shit about the game. When we were walking out, the usher actually said "Thanks for staying the whole game." :? Ridiculous. All these stupid people with hookups through work and too much money, blah blah. The Club itself was just ok. Beer lines got really long; I actually walked outside to get beer. But it was really nice to come in for an inning here & there to warm up.

The game itself - Halladay was awesome, if a little unlucky with lack of support. Fucking Myers getting 2 hits was infuriating. Mrs. Abruzzo said that if she were Mrs. Myers, she would shave off that goatee-thing in the middle of the night, and that it'd be worth the subsequent beating. :lol: I said that must've been what happened in Boston. :P

I was so pissed that Myers threw like 40 pitches through 6 innings. He got tired anyways. These guys need to take some fucking pitches. That's probably the biggest thing I'll miss about Werth.

I thought Howard played well. I wasn't sure if he really had a play at 3B on that bunt. The baserunning was rather pathetic, I admit. I was already mocking Fixer via text about him yesterday. :lol:

Cliff (I will not call him The General because that was a jinx in 2009) Lee tonight. Mr. Oswalt and his perfect Citizens Park record tomorrow, for Johnny III's 6-month day and first Phillies game! GO PHILS!!!

awesome post.

opening day was amateur hour.

and I know I'm in the minority, but I will always love myers. I fell in love with him when he was asked why he hit drew henson during spring training (when he was coming up in the minors). his response was "they hit our best player, so I wanted to hit their best player, who happened to be their biggest player...I wanted him to charge the mound so I could kick his ass'

then henson ended up on the dallas cowboys. I swear if myers played DE he would have had 3 sacds every time the birds played the cowgays. love myers...hes nuts
    edited April 2011
    good news.

the juggler has just procured some pretty kick ass seats for young clifton's return this evening. got section 113, row 9 for only 60 bucks a pop off the hubstub.

aaaaand, i'm up to 3 games in the hall of fame club in the next couple months. this marriage has some perks. :thumbup:

gonna be a fun season gentlemen.

GO.
    PHILS.

That's awesome dude, nice work.
    StoneAment wrote:

I don't understand it either. the jeagler needs this thread to keep going for some reason.

most of us don't get why it can't just start over. he is attached though. philly finally won something in 2008 and it changed him forever :D . we're still doing tests on him to see how serious the reprecussions were. plus he just got married. he's been through a lot, cut him some slack
    edited April 2011
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Haha, crazy talk dude. This guy doesn't write for the times dude, he's from Florida and occasionally appears in the sunday new York times magazine. The guy is a great fucking writer and has nothing to do with new York, in fact I am pretty sure from his writing he would dislike the city.

Are you that bitter that anything with the word "new york" in it is automatically horrible?

now kids...

johnny, cliff is just swole that lee pitched so well tonight :D

and please don't play the 'this guy doesn't like philly card'. that aint right. you sound like henry from NE philly calling 610 to bitch about joe buck. sorry man...love ya, but it's true. we just need to get some buzz bizzinger...that dude is philly thru and thru. he's a twisted bitch, which I love
    still friends with kyle drabek on FB. he pitched his ass off today. I love looking at his pics because his sister is ridiculously hot. she's a 10. I don't really care about his career, but I'm still interested in her progression
This discussion has been closed.