***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,411
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Haha, crazy talk dude. This guy doesn't write for the times dude, he's from Florida and occasionally appears in the sunday new York times magazine. The guy is a great fucking writer and has nothing to do with new York, in fact I am pretty sure from his writing he would dislike the city.

Are you that bitter that anything with the word "new york" in it is automatically horrible?

now kids...

johnny, cliff is just swole that lee pitched so well tonight :D

and please don't play the 'this guy doesn't like philly card'. that aint right. you sound like henry from NE philly calling 610 to bitch about joe buck. sorry man...love ya, but it's true. we just need to get some buzz bizzinger...that dude is philly thru and thru. he's a twisted bitch, which I love

NY thing aside - the guy really does sound like an old fart. "Those were the days - pitchers walked to the park in 40 ft of snow with no shoes..."

Don't all reporters have to scratch & claw to get interviews? Why is it such a big deal that he had a tough time? Sorry, but that article sounded very cranky to me.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,737
    He may be a little cranky but he's a great writer, I love the way he describes all the pitches. He's a pretty crazy dude.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Victorino out Martinez in
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    Before I read through the previous stuff, I gotta say that tonight was awesome. Hearing the lineup announced was amazing...when Lee's name got called the place went apeshit. then as he finished his warmup tosses...everyone was waiting for him to finish. when the bullpen doors opened CBP went ballistic. He got a standing O from the minute the door opened until the minute he hit the phils dugout. and when he got close to the dugout the MFers lucky enough to have seats in the sections behind the phils dugout went crazy.

then he struck out 11 dudes and ed wade shit himself. yesterday was good, but I wish every game was as fun as tonight.

GO PHILS

i LOVE this team.

our seats were just past the phils dugout, 9 rows off the field. the cliff lee thing before the game was fucking awesome. the lineup announcement with that girl (there was something wrong with her right? the wife said she sounded autistic or something) was really great. gave me chills. then, of course, another exciting win. this is a first class organization from the top on down.

god bless the phillies. and may god continue to bless the united states of america. :clap::clap:

by the way---that new hd phanavision is unreal. the picture is clearer than the one i get from my own eyes.

also---harry's "high hopes" leading into that "philadelphia pa" song is a great tradition that i hope lasts as long as there is a baseball team in this town.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    still friends with kyle drabek on FB. he pitched his ass off today. I love looking at his pics because his sister is ridiculously hot. she's a 10. I don't really care about his career, but I'm still interested in her progression

at first glance i thought you said she's hot and she's only 10. :lol:

i gotta check out his page
    www.myspace.com

doesn't appear serious....then again, that is what the phillies always say about injuries right off the bat. he should be back tuesday though.

but if he ends up missing significant time, with utley already out, that would be a huge blow.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

doesn't appear serious....then again, that is what the phillies always say about injuries right off the bat. he should be back tuesday though.

but if he ends up missing significant time, with utley already out, that would be a huge blow.
    Is Jimmy leading off now???
    Go Birds!!!!
    Never mind just saw Martinez is leading off
    Go Birds!!!!
    Never mind just saw Martinez is leading off

egads.
    www.myspace.com
    R6 is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!

triple away from the cycle...

well, you could not have asked for a better start to the season.

hamels, blanton, and doc against the mets. :lol::lol: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com

triple away from the cycle...

well, you could not have asked for a better start to the season.

hamels, blanton, and doc against the mets. :lol::lol: :thumbup:
    Every series will have at least 2 aces thats SCARY!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
    Huge game for R6! His 3-run HR and the crowd's reaction scared the living daylights out of 6-month old Johnny III. We'll see if we can get him a little more used to that...

Just unfair for a team to face those 3 pitchers in a 3-game series. This year really is gonna be fun! :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Caught some of the game in the intermission of the Flyers game

Mad House down there with traffic

Violations everywhere...wearing Phillies gear to the Flyers game

:|

that's almost as bad a violation as using the neutral face. :x :)
    www.myspace.com

that's almost as bad a violation as using the neutral face. :x :)

That was for you ;)

I could see wearing maybe a Phils hat and Flyers T-shirt but you can't wear all Phillies at a Flyers game and vice-versa

stewie's take on being a mets fan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFr62V0r ... r_embedded

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    I think we take 2 of 3 from the muts,not sure which game we lose though. Also happy to not face RA Dickey that dude killed us last year besides 1 start. I hope that Reyes gets plunked numerous times as well.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I think we take 2 of 3 from the muts,not sure which game we lose though. Also happy to not face RA Dickey that dude killed us last year besides 1 start. I hope that Reyes gets plunked numerous times as well.

Dickey fucks up the entire Phils lineup for a week every time they see him. They'd be better off batting all the bench guys. Agree that I'm happy not to see him this time.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Great weekend all around on many fronts, but I will continue to quote Winston Wolf. Plus, the O's are 3-0 as well, so let's not get too nuts. Albeit a sweep is a sweep is a sweep.
    Great weekend all around on many fronts, but I will continue to quote Winston Wolf. Plus, the O's are 3-0 as well, so let's not get too nuts. Albeit a sweep is a sweep is a sweep.

I would say that it was nice to play the Astros, but of course we all remember last August...

I would say that it was nice to play the Astros, but of course we all remember last August...

And at least these "recuperating months" - with Lidge, Utley, etc - are early and against mostly losing teams from '10.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Before I read through the previous stuff, I gotta say that tonight was awesome. Hearing the lineup announced was amazing...when Lee's name got called the place went apeshit. then as he finished his warmup tosses...everyone was waiting for him to finish. when the bullpen doors opened CBP went ballistic. He got a standing O from the minute the door opened until the minute he hit the phils dugout. and when he got close to the dugout the MFers lucky enough to have seats in the sections behind the phils dugout went crazy.

then he struck out 11 dudes and ed wade shit himself. yesterday was good, but I wish every game was as fun as tonight.

GO PHILS

i LOVE this team.

our seats were just past the phils dugout, 9 rows off the field. the cliff lee thing before the game was fucking awesome. the lineup announcement with that girl (there was something wrong with her right? the wife said she sounded autistic or something) was really great. gave me chills. then, of course, another exciting win. this is a first class organization from the top on down.

god bless the phillies. and may god continue to bless the united states of america. :clap::clap:

by the way---that new hd phanavision is unreal. the picture is clearer than the one i get from my own eyes.

also---harry's "high hopes" leading into that "philadelphia pa" song is a great tradition that i hope lasts as long as there is a baseball team in this town.

Lee's walk from the pen to the dugout was worth the price of admission. I know I sound like a tool, but that was the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

Why do the phils always have local choirs sing the anthem? I love hearing the anthem, but I think the choirs really take away from it. They're big time now...bring in some real singers for that kinda stuff

Great weekend for the phils. sucks there's an off day today...especially with this weather. the fixer might have to head down to towson's campus for a stroll :D
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'll be there tomorrow night, I hope the rain stops nice and early and we can get some good tailgating in before the game :lol:

Dickey fucks up the entire Phils lineup for a week every time they see him. They'd be better off batting all the bench guys. Agree that I'm happy not to see him this time.

it was like a month last year :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    i LOVE this team.

Lee's walk from the pen to the dugout was worth the price of admission. I know I sound like a tool, but that was the coolest thing I've seen in a while.

Why do the phils always have local choirs sing the anthem? I love hearing the anthem, but I think the choirs really take away from it. They're big time now...bring in some real singers for that kinda stuff

Great weekend for the phils. sucks there's an off day today...especially with this weather. the fixer might have to head down to towson's campus for a stroll :D

ah, the ol' campus run eh?

the juggler knows what your talking about. god i miss those days.
    www.myspace.com
    I'll be there tomorrow night, I hope the rain stops nice and early and we can get some good tailgating in before the game :lol:

it was amateur hour in the wachovia lot before saturday's game.

damn kids throwing bottles and shit. grow the fuck up.

have fun! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I'm telling you, philly live is going to be the final phase of tailgating being eliminated down there. They have already stopped allowing tailgating in a lot of the lots for phils games.
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm telling you, philly live is going to be the final phase of tailgating being eliminated down there. They have already stopped allowing tailgating in a lot of the lots for phils games.

looks so weird with the spectrum turned to rubble.

what lot do you normally tailgate in?
    www.myspace.com
    Tailgating has been banned in the CBP lot for a while now. You can still tailgate in the WFC and Linc, which lot weren't you allowed to tailgate in?

We did FDR yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.