• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    i think u cats are all just downplaying the team as reverse psychology

You bet your ass I am.

Hell-to-the-ya
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,740
    Michael young sucks, fact. The felice brothers are awesome, fact. The phillies are gay, fact. I will kick cliff lee in the knee if i see him in philly, fact.

Should be a fun year. Good luck homos.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Michael young sucks, fact. The felice brothers are awesome, fact. The phillies are gay, fact. I will kick cliff lee in the knee if i see him in philly, fact.

cliffy was drunk when he made this post

fact!
    true castillo??? :lol: watch the pop ups!!!!!

although he will put it in the mets arse and have a great year
    great year with who, his couch? phils cut him and rightfully so. they shoulda done it after showing up 2 days late.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

get some facts and then come back and talk to us.

come on dude.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

come on dude.

DUDE I SAW A FEW WEEKS AGO HE SIGNED WITH THE PHILS...or so i thought :?

i don't follow pre-season
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,740
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

fact!

This is also a fact, extremely.

come on dude.

DUDE I SAW A FEW WEEKS AGO HE SIGNED WITH THE PHILS...or so i thought :?

i don't follow pre-season
    :lol:
    they cut him the same day you posted that nonsense. irony is awesome.
    www.myspace.com
    does anyone else sense that the buzz is a little lighter this year compared to the last few?

maybe it's because i've been away for a while. but i don't get the sense that people are as amped for opening day this year....
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    does anyone else sense that the buzz is a little lighter this year compared to the last few?

maybe it's because i've been away for a while. but i don't get the sense that people are as amped for opening day this year....

The horrible Spring Training definitely sapped some energy from the buzz. But we should still be excited; this is still a fucking awesome team. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    I think the weather has something to do with it as well...

i think you're right.

working on getting tickets to cliff's first game back saturday. stubhubbing it up.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, awesome. glad to see I'm not the only one that posts here when they're blasted.

i think you're right.

working on getting tickets to cliff's first game back saturday. stubhubbing it up.

I will be there tomorrow and saturday. and I just landed EV tix for the hartford show.

haven't had any luck with philly. a buddy has 3 single tix that aren't together. I think we can do better than that.

24 hours bitches!!!
    over/under on when the phils will give up their first hit?

i'm putting it at the 3rd inning...on sunday. hey. oh. :lol::lol: :thumbup: :wave:
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

fact!

This is also a fact, extremely.
    :lol::lol:8-)

what were u drinking for the night?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    If it rains out tomorrow I'm loitering in the Hall of Fame Club for shits & giggles. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm thinking tomorrow gets pushed back till Monday(not really, but this is what I'm hoping) and I get Cliff on Sunday.
    I'm thinking tomorrow gets pushed back till Monday(not really, but this is what I'm hoping) and I get Cliff on Sunday.

I don't think they'd make it up on Monday. It's rare for games to be rescheduled for april dates, just because the weather is so unpredictable

Hopefully the rain stays away tomorrow
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't think they'd make it up on Monday. It's rare for games to be rescheduled for april dates, just because the weather is so unpredictable

Yeah, but they both have off on Monday, and why would Houston want to fly in here for one game later in the season. Just makes the most sense. Usually on Opening Day they have that day off after the opener, which is usually used as that make up day. This weather sucks my ass.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, but they both have off on Monday, and why would Houston want to fly in here for one game later in the season. Just makes the most sense. Usually on Opening Day they have that day off after the opener, which is usually used as that make up day. This weather sucks my ass.

I hear ya...it makes sense. MLB generally doesn't schedule make up games for april dates due to the high probability of games being rained out for a 2nd time.

hopefully it's a moot point...

After models runs that hinted at a power-line downing spring snowstorm and a beach-ripping nor'easter, it appears that the region is in for a generic rainstorm.

The storm now is expected to track farther east than earlier projections, and to deepen farther north, said Jim Poirier, meteorologist at the National Weather Service office in Mount Holly.

The rainfall amounts, which looked impressive in yesterday's forecasts, have been cut back to about a modest half-inch. The winds also have been knocked down a few notches.

And it appears that the rain will get out of the way in from for the Phillies to oepn their season tomorrow afternoon, not that it will be pleasant in the stands.

Roy Halladay's slider will have the benefit of a stiff wind blowing in from left-center and gusting past 20 m.p.h. Temperatures will be in the 40s.

The baseball season may be under way, but the forecast suggests that it's going to be awhile before baseball weather arrives.
    This I don't mind as much...

Phillies Sign Ronnie Belliard
    By Dan Mennella [March 31 at 6:07pm CST]

The Phillies have signed infielder Ronnie Belliard to a minor league contract, tweets Todd Zolecki of MLB.com.

Belliard, released by the Yankees on Monday, will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley, according to Zolecki. Belliard, 35, hit .216/.295/.327 in 185 plate appearances for the Dodgers last year, playing first, second and third.

The Phillies have signed infielder Ronnie Belliard to a minor league contract, tweets Todd Zolecki of MLB.com.

Belliard, released by the Yankees on Monday, will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley, according to Zolecki. Belliard, 35, hit .216/.295/.327 in 185 plate appearances for the Dodgers last year, playing first, second and third.

Yeah, I agree. At least Belliard has a little pop. He's sure as hell a better RH option off the bench than mayberry
    so what's the pen and bench look like?
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, I agree. At least Belliard has a little pop. He's sure as hell a better RH option off the bench than mayberry

Ya gotta think with all these second base options that things aren't looking good for Chase.
    The Fixer wrote:

This is what it is for now...kinda what I figured, sans Orr...

CATCHERS (2)
    Carlos Ruiz
    Brian Schneider

INFIELDERS (7)
    Ryan Howard
    Wilson Valdez
    Jimmy Rollins
    Placido Polanco
    Ross Gload
    Michael Martinez
    Pete Orr

OUTFIELDERS (4)
    Raul Ibanez
    Shane Victorino
    Ben Francisco
    John Mayberry Jr.

STARTERS (5)
    Roy Halladay
    Cliff Lee
    Roy Oswalt
    Cole Hamels
    Joe Blanton

RELIEVERS (7)
    Jose Contreras
    Ryan Madson
    J.C. Romero
    Danys Baez
    Antonio Bastardo
    David Herndon
    Kyle Kendrick
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    I'll be going to the game on Tues. :D Hopoefully it stops raining by then. It's suppose to t-storm that day :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:

Ya gotta think with all these second base options that things aren't looking good for Chase.

I'm in denial. If anyone can get back on the field it's that SOB
    The Fixer wrote:

This is what it is for now...kinda what I figured, sans Orr...

CATCHERS (2)
    Carlos Ruiz
    Brian Schneider

INFIELDERS (7)
    Ryan Howard
    Wilson Valdez
    Jimmy Rollins
    Placido Polanco
    Ross Gload
    Michael Martinez
    Pete Orr

OUTFIELDERS (4)
    Raul Ibanez
    Shane Victorino
    Ben Francisco
    John Mayberry Jr.

STARTERS (5)
    Roy Halladay
    Cliff Lee
    Roy Oswalt
    Cole Hamels
    Joe Blanton

RELIEVERS (7)
    Jose Contreras
    Ryan Madson
    J.C. Romero
    Danys Baez
    Antonio Bastardo
    David Herndon
    Kyle Kendrick

so the bench is schneider, gload, martinez, orr, mayberry. yikes.

I worry about the two lefties in the pen, but otherwise I think they are fine there.

also, a buddy told me rollins is hitting third tomorrow. should be an interesting lineup
    Yeah, goes

Victorino
    Polanco
    Rollins
    Howard
    Ibanez
    Francisco
    Ruiz
    Valdez

I was hoping they'd do something like this, but I just didn't think Jimmy would stop pissing and moaning about being the leadoff man. Out of any variation, with this set of players, it probably is the best way to go.
This discussion has been closed.