Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

1660661662663664666»

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,520
    Drivers in Maryland are horrendous. I just get in the far right lane to pass everyone down there. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2013
    Drivers in Maryland are horrendous. I just get in the far right lane to pass everyone down there. :lol:

I went to school there...worked down there for last 2.5 years. It's like nascar down there compared to PA.

They even know how to merge without coming to a complete stop. First time I ever saw a highway on ramp with a traffic light, I almost rear ended the shit out of the car in front of me. That's one of a billion things that I hate about pittsburgh. great addition to the blue route :roll:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    agree to disagree.

accoring to allstate, dc has far and away the highest accident rate:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelan ... vers-2012/

1 Washington, DC: 112.1% greater-than-average accident frequency
    2 Baltimore, MD: 87.9%
    3 Providence, RI: 80.9%
    4 Hialeah, FL: 77.6%
    5 Glendale, CA: 77.5%
    6 Philadelphia, PA: 64.1%
    7 Alexandria, VA: 62.6%
    8 Newark, NJ: 59.4%
    9 Miami, FL: 58.4%
    10 San Francisco, CA: 54.6%
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

one thing they do have down there is better roads though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    agree to disagree.

this doesn't mean anything. PA drivers don't go fast enough to cause accidents. I swear they think the gas pedal is the one on the left.

Also, driving in the city of DC is one of the worst experiences anyone can have. Just look at a map. I heard that intersections were designed so that it's difficult to get in/out of the city. They also have all kinds of speed cameras in Maryland/DC, which makes it annoying. Still better than the awfulness that is PA though
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    agree to disagree.

this doesn't mean anything. PA drivers don't go fast enough to cause accidents. I swear they think the gas pedal is the one on the left.

Also, driving in the city of DC is one of the worst experiences anyone can have. Just look at a map. I heard that intersections were designed so that it's difficult to get in/out of the city. They also have all kinds of speed cameras in Maryland/DC, which makes it annoying. Still better than the awfulness that is PA though

the country's leading insurance company agrees with me....but yeah it doesn't mean anything. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    agree to disagree.

the country's leading insurance company agrees with me....but yeah it doesn't mean anything. :lol:

accident rates doesn't equal bad drivers. being slow, stupid, and overly cautious isn't always measured by accident rates

keep right, pass left aint a difficult concept. excpet for PA drivers

I ask my wife all the time if people in PA have to take drivers ed in high school. I don't believe that they do.
  • Options
    well according to the all state insurance company, accident rates do equal bad drivers. so i will side with them on this. :lol:

lots of bad drivers here too. no doubt. i just remember being shocked at how much worse it was down there. it probably has a lot to do with so many people being relatively new to the area and stuff.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well according to the all state insurance company, accident rates do equal bad drivers. so i will side with them on this. :lol:

lots of bad drivers here too. no doubt. i just remember being shocked at how much worse it was down there. it probably has a lot to do with so many people being relatively new to the area and stuff.

I'm in the car all the time for my job. There are no drivers worse than PA. I don't care what anyone says.

Also, of course there are going to be higher accident rates in a city than there are in a state. but don't let common sense get in your way
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm in the car all the time for my job. There are no drivers worse than PA. I don't care what anyone says.

Also, of course there are going to be higher accident rates in a city than there are in a state. but don't let common sense get in your way

common sense would be actual proof supplied by the country's 2nd biggest car insurance company...which, of course, you disagreed with. :lol:

didn't see any state by state comparisons anyway.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    It's always something :lol:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    :lol: for what it's worth, this was based on a survey of driver knowledge or something (yes i am bored at work on a saturday--haha):

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/05/27/ ... -by-state/
    Worst drivers in America by state

1. (WORST) New York - 70.0
    2. New Jersey - 70.5
    3. Dist. of Columbia - 71.9
    4. California - 73.3
    5. Rhode Island - 73.8
    6. Louisiana - 74.1
    7. West Virginia - 74.8
    8. Hawaii - 74.8
    9. New Hampshire - 74.9
    10. Kentucky - 74.9
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :lol: for what it's worth, this was based on a survey of driver knowledge or something (yes i am bored at work on a saturday--haha):

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/05/27/ ... -by-state/
    Worst drivers in America by state

1. (WORST) New York - 70.0
    2. New Jersey - 70.5
    3. Dist. of Columbia - 71.9
    4. California - 73.3
    5. Rhode Island - 73.8
    6. Louisiana - 74.1
    7. West Virginia - 74.8
    8. Hawaii - 74.8
    9. New Hampshire - 74.9
    10. Kentucky - 74.9
    Facts? Were talking about facts? Not the fixer, not the fixer,facts we talkn about facts.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    You guys are using arbitrary internet lists to support an argument. certainly not surprising :roll: . You can base any list of off random variables and come up with a slant. Like basing a sports power ranking on two statistical categories (like nfl yardage totals, RBI, or pitcher wins). Aka, an exercise in futility (like having intelligent discussion here).

Like I said, I have been in outside sales most of my career. Spent tons of time in the car (I don't know how anyone can sit in a cubed cage, chained to a desk all day...I'd rather take a bath in barbed wire) and PA has by far the worst drivers of the states I've spent time in (PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, WV, KY, FL, VA, NC, CA, MI).

Just think about this every time you get in the LH lane and are slowed by a PA driver going 60 mph...or you get behind someone who doesn't turn right at a red light...or someone who puts their blinker on and slows to a crawl in order to merge. Happens all the fucking time. Should be legal to run them off the road....the worst.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    You guys are using arbitrary internet lists to support an argument. certainly not surprising :roll: . You can base any list of off random variables and come up with a slant. Like basing a sports power ranking on two statistical categories (like nfl yardage totals, RBI, or pitcher wins). Aka, an exercise in futility (like having intelligent discussion here).

Like I said, I have been in outside sales most of my career. Spent tons of time in the car (I don't know how anyone can sit in a cubed cage, chained to a desk all day...I'd rather take a bath in barbed wire) and PA has by far the worst drivers of the states I've spent time in (PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, WV, KY, FL, VA, NC, CA, MI).

Just think about this every time you get in the LH lane and are slowed by a PA driver going 60 mph...or you get behind someone who doesn't turn right at a red light...or someone who puts their blinker on and slows to a crawl in order to merge. Happens all the fucking time. Should be legal to run them off the road....the worst.

So YOUR personal experience is correct and the thousands of others is incorrect??? Your the guy who would argue the sky is pink when everyone else says it's blue. And the back hand insults at the Juggler are getting old.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

So YOUR personal experience is correct and the thousands of others is incorrect??? Your the guy who would argue the sky is pink when everyone else says it's blue. And the back hand insults at the Juggler are getting old.

:lol:

leave it to this guy to get all worked over something as trivial as arguing what states have the worst drivers. it's as predictable as the sun rising every morning. quite amusing too.

and no worries about the insults. if he knew what i make, i'm sure he'd cube it up too...despite how awesome it sounds to be driving around in traffic all day, constantly being pissed at every other driver on the road
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I have plenty of friends who are or have been in the mortgage industry. I'd rather be a garbage man

how much do you make?

keith law has the phils farm system ranked 27th out of 30. amaro is awesome
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,936
    Topic integrity derailed. Thread closed.
    Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. See the Posting Guidelines.
This discussion has been closed.