***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,737
    looks so weird with the spectrum turned to rubble.

what lot do you normally tailgate in?

Is the spectrum gone? I am an idiot if it is since I have been flying a lot recently and haven't noticed on my way to and from the airport.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

it was amateur hour in the wachovia lot before saturday's game.

damn kids throwing bottles and shit. grow the fuck up.

have fun! :mrgreen:

I'm telling you, philly live is going to be the final phase of tailgating being eliminated down there. They have already stopped allowing tailgating in a lot of the lots for phils games.

looks so weird with the spectrum turned to rubble.

what lot do you normally tailgate in?

spectrum def looks weird. last time I was down there the skeleton of the building was still up. friday...nothing

linc lot, right under the k7 sign (across from mcfads...easy access to getting into game for first pitch). My buddies are usually there early to get spots. I usually take the platt bridge in and park in the nova care lot so I don't have to sit in traffic

sometimes I will do mcfaddens if my buddy is bartending. I feel like I am old being in there though. I can't stand being packed in a bar. I have to be pretty damned drunk to tolerate that kind of crowd these days.

no tailgating would be a travesty
    Tailgating has been banned in the CBP lot for a while now. You can still tailgate in the WFC and Linc, which lot weren't you allowed to tailgate in?

We did FDR yesterday.

after that guy got jumped after the game a few years ago they stopped allowing tailgating in a few other lots too.

they just keep adding on. like jeags said, people act like morons down there. I really think they are gonna try to do away with the tailgate scene once this philly live thing is done
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    I'm sure tailgating won't be allowed in the WFC lot when Philly Live! goes up but it won't go away completely. You guys really need to jump on the FDR train. Not nearly the kind of stuff you guys claim. Much better time.
    I'm sure tailgating won't be allowed in the WFC lot when Philly Live! goes up but it won't go away completely. You guys really need to jump on the FDR train. Not nearly the kind of stuff you guys claim. Much better time.

I tailgated back there a couple of times last year. Other lots were full I believe so we ended up back there.

It's not bad. My only complaint is that it takes a good half hour to walk to the game.

Did you pay to park there yesterday? Pretty sure they were charging cars to get back there on Friday and Saturday
    The Fixer wrote:

I tailgated back there a couple of times last year. Other lots were full I believe so we ended up back there.

It's not bad. My only complaint is that it takes a good half hour to walk to the game.

Did you pay to park there yesterday? Pretty sure they were charging cars to get back there on Friday and Saturday

Yeah, because the Flyers and Phils were going on at the same time. They've always done this, and I'm hoping that this was the reason, or I'll be pissed.

I've clocked the walk at 15 minutes. Trust me, I know of this concern.

To me, the pro's outweigh the cons. The only con is the walk thing, which I'm not really put off by. Usually get there by 1030, stay till 1245/1, walk up, get a beer at McFadden's, then up to my seats.
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, because the Flyers and Phils were going on at the same time. They've always done this, and I'm hoping that this was the reason, or I'll be pissed.

To me, the pro's outweigh the cons. The only con is the walk thing, which I'm not really put off by. Usually get there by 1030, stay till 1245/1, walk up, get a beer at McFadden's, then up to my seats.

the other thing is that I don't think there are many lights back there. so if you want to hang after the game and have a few beers it's pitch black.

I don't mind it back there. It's a lot easier to play washers on the grass than it is on the asphalt
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the other thing is that I don't think there are many lights back there. so if you want to hang after the game and have a few beers it's pitch black.

I don't mind it back there. It's a lot easier to play washers on the grass than it is on the asphalt

Yeah, it's a bit dark, but it's alright. As you past the skate park and the baseball fields, the first parking lot on the left is where we usually park. There's park lights around there so it's never really been a problem.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i can't stand washers. those fucking things fly all over the lot. so i guess fdr would be better for it.

i'm much more of a corn hole guy.
    www.myspace.com
    Love corn hole. Always a staple of this guy's tailgate, as it stays in my trunk for any and all occasions.
    Love corn hole. Always a staple of this guy's tailgate, as it stays in my trunk for any and all occasions.

ha--me too. as do my chairs, bottle opener, solo cups etc etc etc. i'm always the one who ends up driving down to games/concerts.
    www.myspace.com

ha--me too. as do my chairs, bottle opener, solo cups etc etc etc. i'm always the one who ends up driving down to games/concerts.

Scary. Same here. All that junk just sits in my car. Plus, I always get, "Hey, DJ, where's the music?", which I don't mind providing at all, and they fully know that the playlist could go all PJ at any time.

i can't stand washers. those fucking things fly all over the lot. so i guess fdr would be better for it.

i'm much more of a corn hole guy.

I agree that cornhole is the best. I will play either one. or ladder golf. or beer pong. I don't give a shit...I'm competitive to a fault. I just need to be doing something
    have you guys been following this on teh700level.com?

http://enrico.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451af ... 128970b-pi

fucking chooch is in the sweet 16 as a 15 seed :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    shame on us for letting this thread fall off the 1st page...
    www.myspace.com

can't wait to flip between the phils and flyers tonight. next week it will be phils/flyers playoffs.

april is tremendous
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'll be there tomorrow night, I hope the rain stops nice and early and we can get some good tailgating in before the game :lol:

sounds like the night of the last Spectrum show, we were in the Eagles parking lot and the young Phillies fans were so obnoxious, I was embarrassed. I was there with people from Seattle, Cali and Ohio. It was a disgrace. they were throwing full cans of beer at the Yankee fans and their cars. Really?? I mean, I hate the Yankees, but c'mon, have a little respect.

I have great seats for tonight, I just hope the wind dies down a bit. I'm out of here in about a half hour. Yeah!!
    The Fixer wrote:

can't wait to flip between the phils and sixers tonight.
    april is tremendous

fixed. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

sounds like the night of the last Spectrum show, we were in the Eagles parking lot and the young Phillies fans were so obnoxious, I was embarrassed. I was there with people from Seattle, Cali and Ohio. It was a disgrace. they were throwing full cans of beer at the Yankee fans and their cars. Really?? I mean, I hate the Yankees, but c'mon, have a little respect.

I have great seats for tonight, I just hope the wind dies down a bit. I'm out of here in about a half hour. Yeah!!

don't let the yankees fans off the hook though. when we came back to our cars after the show both mine and my friend's girlfriend's cars had their sideview windows smashed off. :x that combined with the phils blowing game 3 marked an awful ending to a solid week long binge.

have fun tonight. COLE!! :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

april is tremendous

teams that actually win playoff games/series take precedence. flyers have had the upper hand for over a decade now
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    april is tremendous

teams that actually win playoff games/series take precedence. flyers have had the upper hand for over a decade now

not a hockey guy :wave:

go sixers! :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Will be doing mainly Phils with a little Sixers. My jank ass cable company doesn't get TCN.
    Will be doing mainly Phils with a little Sixers. My jank ass cable company doesn't get TCN.

ouch.

rollins bunt almost caused me to fall off my couch
    The Fixer wrote:

ouch.

rollins bunt almost caused me to fall off my couch

If only he did that in the LCS last year...
    gotta love hamels getting booed off the field :?

so annoying
    Alright, alright, alright.....so 161-1 then....
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    gotta love hamels getting booed off the field :?

so annoying
    it's the lame ass northeast fan mentality :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Welp, as long as you cleared that up for us....

i don't know about you, but that makes 100% sense to me.
    www.myspace.com

i don't know about you, but that makes 100% sense to me.

You'd be an idiot not to.
This discussion has been closed.