***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Howard HAS to go with Jimmy there.

The benefits of Lopes over Perlozzo at first...

Welp, all moot now. C'mon, boys.
    Oh shit. Exxon Double Play Valdez. Not what I want. Pinch Orr.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853

That's tough though. You never know when Jimmy's gonna go and you can't risk being put out when you're the tying run
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Valdez! A game-winning triple for me last night on MLB The Show and a tying RBI today!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    HAAAAAAAA!!! Valdez, you sonofabitch! I love this shit, I may move to England!

That's tough though. You never know when Jimmy's gonna go and you can't risk being put out when you're the tying run

They weren't holding him on.

Mayberry, I dont know what hes swinging at. Let the pitcher come to you, or fucking walk.
    BOY!

BALLGAME!
    GREAT fucking win!

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,444
    everybody hits woo hoo :D:D:D
    I'm acting like we won a pennant, but I don't care. Opening Day is one of the most cathartic experiences in the universe.
    Gload and Mayberry both with big pinch-hits, Howard working the count, Valdez coming through big. And to think that all we talked about all offseason was the pitchers.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    3/4 of our sales floor watched the 9th inning in the cafeteria...fucking awesome. felt like a playoff game!

THAT'S how you start a season gentlemen!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:

WOO!
    www.myspace.com
    I'm acting like we won a pennant, but I don't care. Opening Day is one of the most cathartic experiences in the universe.

it's exciting i know. im at work following on espn game cast and swung my fist with a yeah when saw mayberry won it. awesome. ahh good to back. good thing the Astros only have to face Cliff Fucking Lee tomorrow after a devastating loss. good to be us boys :lol::lol::lol:
    pjhawks wrote:

it's exciting i know. im at work following on espn game cast and swung my fist with a yeah when saw mayberry won it. awesome. ahh good to back. good thing the Astros only have to face Cliff Fucking Lee tomorrow after a devastating loss. good to be us boys :lol::lol::lol:

life is good. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Wasn't this game on ESPN3? You guys could have watched it at your desks.
    Worst thing was it was a little dampened for me as I watched the game on the big screen in HD downstairs, but I hear my dad yell from upstair on the regular tv. Damn delays!

i don't think that works at my place anymore. it blocked it. we got a nice set up down the hall though. some lady kept poking her head in yapping "we are on a CONFERENCE CALL IN HERE!" ----BEAT IT FLO :lol:
    www.myspace.com

oh shit i didn't even think about that. thought they might rain out anyway so didn't really think much about it this morning. oh well still was cool.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    that closer blows! still, way to fight boys!!!
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    Worst thing was it was a little dampened for me as I watched the game on the big screen in HD downstairs, but I hear my dad yell from upstair on the regular tv. Damn delays!

holy shit that drives me insane. can't we get our hi def tuned up with the regular tv's? its freaking 2011, damn someone needs to fix this. there is almost nothing more annoying than that when watching a game. that is worse than watching espn gamecast for updates.
  • GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    what a way to start the year!!! this is why I love baseball.

and yeah, I want standard def to go away forever. every tv and every channel everywhere should be in high def. one day it will be a reality.
    So tomorrow? Clif Lee. Sunday? Roy Oswalt. Oh, what's that New York? Yes, not only Cole Hamels but Roy Halladay - who just pitched in the previous series is once again pitching in the following series. Not gonna lie - getting a bit of a semi if this is how it's really going to be like.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    So tomorrow? Clif Lee. Sunday? Roy Oswalt. Oh, what's that New York? Yes, not only Cole Hamels but Roy Halladay - who just pitched in the previous series is once again pitching in the following series. Not gonna lie - getting a bit of a semi if this is how it's really going to be like.

I HOPE U MEAN THE METS BUD
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I HOPE U MEAN THE METS BUD

...well, it's not the yankees coming to town next week is it?

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    shocking. i only thought this happened in south philadelphia. :roll:

Man in Giants gear attacked

* Email
    * Print
    * Comments1837

ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles police are looking for two men who beat and critically injured a San Francisco Giants fan in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after the opening day game.

The victim is a 41-year-old man from the San Francisco Bay Area, according to Los Angeles Police Department Det. P.J. Morris. The man is in critical but stable condition at a local hospital, police said. Earlier Friday, LAPD Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg said the injury was not life-threatening.

Morris said that the man and two friends were walking to their car after Thursday night's season opener, won by the Dodgers, 2-1. All were wearing Giants apparel. Two men, wearing Dodgers gear, followed them and words were exchanged.

The victim was hit in the head, Morris said, and fell to the ground, hitting his head on the pavement. He was then kicked several times in the torso and head. Morris said the suspects fled the scene.

Police looked at video footage, but said it was inconclusive. Interviews with several witnesses have taken place. Det. Larry Burcher asked anybody who may have filmed the beating with their cell phones or video cameras to come forward.

"We're very confident there were witnesses, it happened immediately following the game when everybody was coming out," Burcher said.

"It is extremely unfortunate that this incident took place on what was otherwise a great day at Dodger Stadium for tens of thousands of fans," the Dodgers said in a statement. "We're committed to having the most fan and family friendly environment in baseball and will continue to make that a top priority. We are cooperating fully with authorities during their investigation and we wish this fan a speedy recovery."

The stadium has been plagued by opening day violence in the past.

In April 2009, a man stabbed his friend in the stadium parking lot after the home opener, in which the Dodgers beat the Giants 11-1. Arthur Alvarez was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Alvarez, who contended that he was knocked to the ground and acted in self-defense, was later acquitted by a jury.
    www.myspace.com
  • Dodger stadium is a pure fucking shit hole! It's sad that this stuff happens every year and it's sad that Giants fans have to worry about their safety.

Good win for the Phils today!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

You got that right. Told my girlfriend today that I had gonorrhea. Man, the look on her face....

that is awesome. I'm stealing it. Wife is babysitting our nephew in west chester. Fixer just got home from game + fridge full on Heiny Lites + buzz + april fools = jokes only I will appreciate. I'm sure she will give me the usual 'you're a jack ass' look and shake of the head, but I will think it's funny.

drinking rules
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Great win this team IS ALWAYS in it. R6 looked great at the plate today seeing him work the count and then get a hit was awesome. Jimmy looked good in the 3 hole as well i just hope he dosen't swing at the first pitch all year. Herndon needed to go last year and it was nice to see the young guys step up. This should be a crazy crazy year,here's to staying and getting healthy.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    shocking. i only thought this happened in south philadelphia. :roll:

Man in Giants gear attacked

* Email
    * Print
    * Comments1837

ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles police are looking for two men who beat and critically injured a San Francisco Giants fan in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after the opening day game.

The victim is a 41-year-old man from the San Francisco Bay Area, according to Los Angeles Police Department Det. P.J. Morris. The man is in critical but stable condition at a local hospital, police said. Earlier Friday, LAPD Sgt. Sanford Rosenberg said the injury was not life-threatening.

Morris said that the man and two friends were walking to their car after Thursday night's season opener, won by the Dodgers, 2-1. All were wearing Giants apparel. Two men, wearing Dodgers gear, followed them and words were exchanged.

The victim was hit in the head, Morris said, and fell to the ground, hitting his head on the pavement. He was then kicked several times in the torso and head. Morris said the suspects fled the scene.

Police looked at video footage, but said it was inconclusive. Interviews with several witnesses have taken place. Det. Larry Burcher asked anybody who may have filmed the beating with their cell phones or video cameras to come forward.

"We're very confident there were witnesses, it happened immediately following the game when everybody was coming out," Burcher said.

"It is extremely unfortunate that this incident took place on what was otherwise a great day at Dodger Stadium for tens of thousands of fans," the Dodgers said in a statement. "We're committed to having the most fan and family friendly environment in baseball and will continue to make that a top priority. We are cooperating fully with authorities during their investigation and we wish this fan a speedy recovery."

The stadium has been plagued by opening day violence in the past.

In April 2009, a man stabbed his friend in the stadium parking lot after the home opener, in which the Dodgers beat the Giants 11-1. Arthur Alvarez was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon. Alvarez, who contended that he was knocked to the ground and acted in self-defense, was later acquitted by a jury.

where were the dudes buddies? 3 on 2 fight shoulda been an easy win for the 3 giants fans, right?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Perfect throw.

you obviously weren't talking about howard.

sorry, I had to. between that play and his baserunning (well lack thereof), he lived up to his rep today.

pump, pump, pump...no throw. so annoying. a 10 year old makes that play 9 times out of 10
This discussion has been closed.