***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    so what was up with cole tonight?

i'm at work for another 15 just watching on gamecast right now...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

just didn't have it. he was lucky to get out of the first.

Not making excuses for the guy, but the wind wasn't helping his changeup. Then he couldn't locate his cutter. Not a good combo.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989

Just didn't have it tonight. Didn't have control, wasn't spotting his pitches, especially his cutter.
    Welp, as long as you cleared that up for us....

i don't know about you, but that makes 100% sense to me.

You'd be an idiot not to.

you guys talking about the booing?
    The Fixer wrote:

i don't know about you, but that makes 100% sense to me.

You'd be an idiot not to.

metsfan.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

metsfan.

OK, I wasn't sure. You guys lost me there.

Ibanez's beard > Werth's beard
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    nice fan interference

:clap::clap:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Who is this Werth you speak of?

I'll tell ya what - between the play-by-play updates and the announcements of "going to the Phils game!" on Facebook as if 1) this is football and the season hinges on one game and your losing your mind in frustration & 2) you announce yourself going to a game as if you got tix to the Masters, is getting incredibly annoying.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

metsfan.

OK, I wasn't sure. You guys lost me there.

Ibanez's beard > Werth's beard

the guy who just emptied my trash can is a dead ringer for raul, sans the beard.
    www.myspace.com

I'll tell ya what - between the play-by-play updates and the announcements of "going to the Phils game!" on Facebook as if 1) this is football and the season hinges on one game and your losing your mind in frustration & 2) you announce yourself going to a game as if you got tix to the Masters, is getting incredibly annoying.

haha. I think this shit got annoying last year, but that's just me. I just hope it doesn't reach red sox-level annoying
    The Fixer wrote:

haha. I think this shit got annoying last year, but that's just me. I just hope it doesn't reach red sox-level annoying

Thank the Lord that will never happen. People outside of Philly will never like Philly. I can sleep soundly not worrying about "hardcore" Phillies fans in Wyoming....
    The Fixer wrote:

Thank the Lord that will never happen. People outside of Philly will never like Philly. I can sleep soundly not worrying about "hardcore" Phillies fans in Wyoming....

excellent point. thanks for making me feel better about that

let's go rollins...get on for kong
    I still get a kick out of the fact that he swings a lead pipe in the on-deck circle.
    Nice AB.
    Nice AB.

sure was. young is on fumes...this is huge right here
    Welp. That's that.
    Lovin' Ben. A shame the wind snuffed that one down.
    Lovin' Ben. A shame the wind snuffed that one down.

thought he got that one. they're a hit or two away from being right in this
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,737
    Fixer, you in MD? Do you get any HD this year with Extra Innings? None here in Philly still, it boggles my fucking mind.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Fixer, you in MD? Do you get any HD this year with Extra Innings? None here in Philly still, it boggles my fucking mind.

yeah, in maryland 3 or 4 nights a week. no HD. sucks

yanks are on MLB network in HD tonight

EDIT: also channel 786 has one HD game per night. It varies between NHL and MLB. Hopefully this is the start of all HD for these sports packages
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yeah, in maryland 3 or 4 nights a week. no HD. sucks

yanks are on MLB network in HD tonight

Goddamnit. That sucks, didn't even think to look.

How in 2011 are these games no in HD? especially for close to $200 a season.
    Maryland treating you well?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Job is great, but I really don't like it down here. The pace is too slow (I think maryland is where the south starts). I could get into other stuff about MD that I don't like, but I'd get in trouble (demographics). The towson area isn't bad, but most of the baltimore area is. DC is cool, but the traffic down there is insane. I've been down there a lot the last 3 months and it seems like there is a 4 hour window (between 10-2) during the day that you have to hit that city in order to avoid traffic.

I have a demo at the Capitol Building on Tuesday, which should be pretty cool. I had to give them all types of personal info for them to run so I can get into the building.

Not to sound like a vag, but it sucks being down here knowing my wife is pregnant up in philly.

I'm sure things will work themselves out, but there's a lot more uncertainty than I'd like right now.

How you holding up dude?
    That's two. Keep grinding, Ben, you'll get 'em.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Job is great, but I really don't like it down here. The pace is too slow (I think maryland is where the south starts). I could get into other stuff about MD that I don't like, but I'd get in trouble (demographics). The towson area isn't bad, but most of the baltimore area is. DC is cool, but the traffic down there is insane. I've been down there a lot the last 3 months and it seems like there is a 4 hour window (between 10-2) during the day that you have to hit that city in order to avoid traffic.

I have a demo at the Capitol Building on Tuesday, which should be pretty cool. I had to give them all types of personal info for them to run so I can get into the building.

Not to sound like a vag, but it sucks being down here knowing my wife is pregnant up in philly.

I'm sure things will work themselves out, but there's a lot more uncertainty than I'd like right now.

How you holding up dude?

Glad to hear the job is going well. I hear you on that though, traffic is brutal in DC. Parents moved to NC so I have been doing the drive quite a bit over the past couple years and DC is the worst. The south is a whole different world.

Pretty sweet about the Capitol Building, it's a cool place. I am sure about the info though. Clinton gave a talk at my college when she was a senator and no one was allowed in any of the buildings close to where she would be for a week before.

Definitely has to be tough with the wife, I can't imagine. Sounds like its early though so you have some time to figure everything out. It will definitely work out. Good luck though.

Doing alright, as crazy as it sounds, I still feel like it hasn't hit me yet. Some days are worse than others. Just fucking blows but we are getting through it. My liver has taken a beating though.
    man what an awful night for all 3 of the local squads...
    www.myspace.com
    I want to stab McCarthy in the eye with a pen. Dude gets all loud when Gload gets a pinch hit with 2 outs.......down SIX. He is the worst.
    I want to stab McCarthy in the eye with a pen. Dude gets all loud when Gload gets a pinch hit with 2 outs.......down SIX. He is the worst.

he's a used car salesman announcing baseball games.

listening to the phils in the car is just as exciting as listening to those dopes call the game on tv.
    www.myspace.com
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    :shifty:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited April 2011
    :shifty:
    :lol::lol:
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

This discussion has been closed.