***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    Johnny, that would be The Waterford.

Oakie doakie. I guess pickings are slim around there.

Highly underrated. It isn't any yuppie/hipster doofus place if that's what you're hoping for - High Life bottle are fine by me. And dare I say it, the food isn't actually that bad for the location/price.

Sounds good - I'll see everyone there!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

yep. the place that ran out of beer last time EV was in town. not good times
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:

Really? I just remembered it was packed. I just know we left early enough to smoke in the alley way and see Liam Finn play. Dude challenged Ed for who was actually the headliner. Good stuff. Probably not going to catch Hansard open up this time around.
    The Fixer wrote:

Really? I just remembered it was packed. I just know we left early enough to smoke in the alley way and see Liam Finn play. Dude challenged Ed for who was actually the headliner. Good stuff. Probably not going to catch Hansard open up this time around.

yeah, both nights they ran out of beer. pretty sure it was after show was over both nights. I remember switching over to jack and cokes and getting shitcanned.

I met liam finn during the intermission of the newark show. shook his hand and talked for a minute. seems like a nice guy. Didn't see his act at any of the shows I attended.
    AIDS

Meanwhile, Luis Castillo appears to have locked up the Opening Day job at second base. The late spring pickup went 2 for 4 with two runs, an RBI and a stolen base. In seven games with the Phillies, the former Marlin and Met is 6 for 22 (.273) with a pair of walks.

“He definitely figured into our offense tonight,” Manuel said about Castillo. “In some ways this isn’t fair to him because he needs a good chance. We’ll give him tomorrow and then we’ll make a decision, but he’s done a real good job since he’s been here.”
    The Fixer wrote:
    AIDS

Meanwhile, Luis Castillo appears to have locked up the Opening Day job at second base. The late spring pickup went 2 for 4 with two runs, an RBI and a stolen base. In seven games with the Phillies, the former Marlin and Met is 6 for 22 (.273) with a pair of walks.

“He definitely figured into our offense tonight,” Manuel said about Castillo. “In some ways this isn’t fair to him because he needs a good chance. We’ll give him tomorrow and then we’ll make a decision, but he’s done a real good job since he’s been here.”

Yeah, I hear you, but logistically the only way he stays in the lineup is if he plays well. So with that I'm fine. He's not a bench player so if he stinks up the joint through the first few weeks, no sweat off our's or the Phils' payroll's sacks.
    The Fixer wrote:
    AIDS

Yeah, I hear you, but logistically the only way he stays in the lineup is if he plays well. So with that I'm fine. He's not a bench player so if he stinks up the joint through the first few weeks, no sweat off our's or the Phils' payroll's sacks.

true.

so wait, are they now calling for snow on Friday?
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    AIDS

true.

so wait, are they now calling for snow on Friday?

Yeah, dude, I don't know what the deal is. Apparently it's supposed to be gone by noon, but that's still a shitty day. Not that I'm happy, but it makes me feel better since I'm not going now.

Still debating going down today just for the hell of it since I can't get rid of these tix.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:

not a glen hansard fan?

once was a great movie a few years back. i dig his music
    www.myspace.com

Still debating going down today just for the hell of it since I can't get rid of these tix.

I was thinking about this last night. Why do the phils get those two exhibition games in philly every year? As season ticket holders we get screwed by having to take those games. I hope that those games were an agreement with the new stadium (that's when they started), and they eventually go away.
    The Fixer wrote:

not a glen hansard fan?

once was a great movie a few years back. i dig his music

I like his music, I'm a fan, but just don't know if I'm going to take away from an extra hour of drinking for it.
    The Fixer wrote:

I was thinking about this last night. Why do the phils get those two exhibition games in philly every year? As season ticket holders we get screwed by having to take those games. I hope that those games were an agreement with the new stadium (that's when they started), and they eventually go away.

Actually, I'm pissed at myself for this year though. Seems like every year my buddy tells me how you can trade in one game a year for different tickets, and every year I forget until he reminds me and I feel like an asshole. You need to do it like 48 hours in advance. So here I sit, with a thumb up my ass.
    The Fixer wrote:

Actually, I'm pissed at myself for this year though. Seems like every year my buddy tells me how you can trade in one game a year for different tickets, and every year I forget until he reminds me and I feel like an asshole. You need to do it like 48 hours in advance. So here I sit, with a thumb up my ass.

shit, I didn't know that. that's cool.

did you see if blake can help you out? probably tough since it's the preseason game.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

shit, I didn't know that. that's cool.

did you see if blake can help you out? probably tough since it's the preseason game.

Yeah, I really should've been more assertive in taking care of this, but running around the past couple days it hasn't been high priority. I was thinking about emailing him around 12:30, but figured it's too close to game time to think it could be changed. Ah well.
    Fixer - I think your wish has been granted...

"Word from the ballpark is that Luis Castillo has been released
    14 minutes ago via TweetDeck "

-Dave Murphy
    What I'm wondering though is they DFA'd Rizzotti to open up a spot on the 40 man. I'm assuming this was for Castillo, or maybe they're making a deal? Or possibly Stutes being added?
    What I'm wondering though is they DFA'd Rizzotti to open up a spot on the 40 man. I'm assuming this was for Castillo, or maybe they're making a deal? Or possibly Stutes being added?

I'm guessing martinez wasn't on the 40 man. I still think the 40 man roster thing is confusing as hell.

glad to hear castillo got cut. There was no point in having him and valdez on the same roster. I think a valdez/young platoon is the best bet
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,446
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm guessing martinez wasn't on the 40 man. I still think the 40 man roster thing is confusing as hell.

glad to hear castillo got cut. There was no point in having him and valdez on the same roster. I think a valdez/young platoon is the best bet

glad to hear it as well. never thought castillo was a fit. plus the way Valdez throws the ball its 50/50 he kills someone on a double play this year if he plays a lot at 2nd :D. and would like to see Stutes on the roster. let's see what we got with him. not a fan of Herndon.

and Fixer didn't get a chance to say it before but congrats on your news man, good luck.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    The Fixer wrote:

I traded in that stupid game one year and got to see the Phils drop 20 on the Rox on Memorial Day instead. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Nah, Martinez was already on there. I gotta think it's to put Stute on the 40 or make a trade. We will see....

Yeah, I want Young getting in there as well. Valdez is better used off the bench. Then again, so is Young. Stupid Utley....

EDIT: Hmm, looks like Young was the one not on the 40 man.
    Welp, looks like Orr makes the team. Meh.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    :D :thumbup:

SIphills.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    :D :thumbup:

SIphills.jpg

Oh boy..

Anyone else get a queezy feeling looking at that ?

:eh:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    if the phils don't make the ws w/ that staff...it will be an epic disgrace

funny if you're a mets fan....you have zero zero chance of winning the division...playing for the wild card from game 1

the giants have to beat in the playoffs but if the phils don't do it...i would be shocked
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

funny if you're a mets fan....you have zero zero chance of winning the division...playing for the wild card from game 1

the giants have to beat in the playoffs but if the phils don't do it...i would be shocked

Why do the Giants have to beat the Phils? Doesn't, logistically, that go against your first statement? I'm confused. :?

Also, I don't think it would be a disgrace. I have to stop thinking that way because it's A) a looooong long long season and B) anything can happen in the playoffs(phils bats going silent last postseason)

PPS - I don't even think the Gigantes make the playoffs.

PPPS - speaking of the Giants, Ishikawa was just DFA'd. I wouldn't mind him as a bench player if the outfield/bench needs a boost(he plays 1st, LF/RF right?)

Why do the Giants have to beat the Phils? Doesn't, logistically, that go against your first statement? I'm confused. :?

Also, I don't think it would be a disgrace. I have to stop thinking that way because it's A) a looooong long long season and B) anything can happen in the playoffs(phils bats going silent last postseason)

PPPS - speaking of the Giants, Ishikawa was just DFA'd. I wouldn't mind him as a bench player if the outfield/bench needs a boost(he plays 1st, LF/RF right?)

i meant to say the giants still have to be beat by any NL TEAM

U know what i mean..the phils should get to the ws w/ out a doubt...disgrace is wrong word
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

i meant to say the giants still have to be beat by any NL TEAM

U know what i mean..the phils should get to the ws w/ out a doubt...disgrace is wrong word

they're the favorites in the NL, but if utley's out for the year all bets are off

atlanta is gonna be good. I could see the phils winning 90 games and missing the playoffs. I'm not predicting that, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens
    If Utley ends up diagnosed to miss the whole season, then I think that Mike Young trade totally happens. Gonna be Young and relief help come the trade deadline.
    i think u cats are all just downplaying the team as reverse psychology
    true castillo??? :lol: watch the pop ups!!!!!

although he will put it in the mets arse and have a great year
This discussion has been closed.