***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

only bad luck kept them from the Series last year.

I gotta disagree with this. Their offense was inconsistent last year. How many times were they shut out? Or score 3 or runs or fewer? They didn't hit at all in the playoffs. Pitching carried them through the cincy series and the reds kicked the ball all over the place for 3 games.

I'm concerned about the offense. They may have to make some deals to upgrade. We can find solace in the fact that amaro has proven he will make moves if necessary.

I can't wait for friday
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh boy, here we go. What have these guys won?

I assume you're talking about the five starting pitchers. Well if you must know, they've won a combined 571 games and lost 342....good for a .625 win percentage (regular and postseason).

please never use pitcher won/loss record to ever judge a player. Thanks
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    hopefully the weather's not as bad as they're saying for friday
    www.myspace.com
    hopefully the weather's not as bad as they're saying for friday

yeah, not looking good. sounds like it's gonna be sketchy until saturday morning.
    I'm too lazy to head to the porch. Any of you dirtbags land EV tix?

Looks like stubhub for this guy :evil:
    The Fixer wrote:

i'm so out of the loop, i forgot about the presale. never had much luck there anyway. i don't even have the vs/vitalogy thing yet.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,740
    Took me forever but I got tickets for new York, love me some beacon. Going to get Philly tickets from the general on sale I think. Don't really see the need for 2 Eddie shows but have someone in NYC that wants to go, so why not.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Took me forever but I got tickets for new York, love me some beacon. Going to get Philly tickets from the general on sale I think. Don't really see the need for 2 Eddie shows but have someone in NYC that wants to go, so why not.

I was checking out the setlists today from his aussie shows. He's been mixing things up more than last time around. I want to hit hartford and philly since both are saturday nights (I have to try to get it in before little fixers start arriving :D )

I'd love to see the acoustic version of immortality
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    After much anxiety, scored 10C to the Tower. Sa-weet. LCD show last night at T5 was nasty.
    Ah shit dude, completely forgot to say congrats when you confirmed it so, congrats.

Yeah, his Aussie set lists looked great, assume more of the new uke album will be worked in though. Either way, it will be great, no doubt. Immortality would be awesome, don't think I caught that he did that. Hartford would be cool, that's the weekend before Philly? Heading out to Chicago that weekend for yanks-cubs
    After much anxiety, scored 10C to the Tower. Sa-weet. LCD show last night at T5 was nasty.

Dude, I didn't realize this was at terminal 5, aren't they at the garden this weekend? Thats pretty sick.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ah shit dude, completely forgot to say congrats when you confirmed it so, congrats.

Yeah, his Aussie set lists looked great, assume more of the new uke album will be worked in though. Either way, it will be great, no doubt. Immortality would be awesome, don't think I caught that he did that. Hartford would be cool, that's the weekend before Philly? Heading out to Chicago that weekend for yanks-cubs

Thanks man.

good point about the new songs. Guess it remains to be seen if that's a good or bad thing.

You ever been to Wrigley? You have bleacher seats? I LOVE chicago...probably my favorite city to visit (other than NY)
    I can't imagine it would be too bad of a thing, an Eddie show will be sick matter what, I think at least.

Yeah, it's a great city. I went to wrigley when I was a kid but haven't been back since. Looking forward to it. Haven't bought tickets yet but doing one game in the stadium and one on a rooftop. Still have to figure the tickets out. Can't wait though. I have phish tickets the weekend before that so it's phish, yanks in Chicago, Eddie in new York, Eddie in Philly then Yankees old timers day. Going to be a great couple weeks.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I can't imagine it would be too bad of a thing, an Eddie show will be sick matter what, I think at least.

Yeah, it's a great city. I went to wrigley when I was a kid but haven't been back since. Looking forward to it. Haven't bought tickets yet but doing one game in the stadium and one on a rooftop. Still have to figure the tickets out. Can't wait though. I have phish tickets the weekend before that so it's phish, yanks in Chicago, Eddie in new York, Eddie in Philly then Yankees old timers day. Going to be a great couple weeks.

wow, that sounds like quite a run.

I'm no wrigley expert, but I'd highly recommend hitting a day game. Great atmosphere after the game at Cubby Bears. I love day drinking
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude, I didn't realize this was at terminal 5, aren't they at the garden this weekend? Thats pretty sick.

Yeah, I tried to get tix to that but it sold out faster than an Eddie solo show. Mostly because a shiiit load of scalpers got their hands on tickets. So the dude was pissed and decided to have a string of 5 shows at T5 leading up to The Garden show, which will be their last as a band for the foreseeable future. It was awesome. They must have played for over 3 hours.

On an semi-related note, I stayed at a friend of a friends house in Jersey City. That fucking place HATES street signs. There was none to be found anywhere, or they at least chose where they wanted to put them. And getting back at 130 in the morning all wasted was no picnic to say the least.
    Sorry for not quoting, on my phone.

Yeah, going to be a fun but rough couple weeks, should have added in that Betty ford will be directly after that.

Thanks, man. Yeah definitely trying to hit the day Friday game, think that would be pretty sick. Saturday is at 3 at Sunday is tbd, would assume there's a good chance that's the espn game. Thinking Friday and Sunday as of right now.

You see lidge?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Why isn't Madson a slam-dunk to close games? Jose Contreras? Really?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You see lidge?

yeah, unless new shit came out recently. not real worried about that.

utley is the key. hopefully they get him back in a month or two

you get your millwood jersey yet? haha
    Why isn't Madson a slam-dunk to close games? Jose Contreras? Really?

Because he's a spaz, and he really doesn't seem cut out for it. Maybe some day, just not right now. I like Contreras when he's on. And he doesn't get frazzled, especially like Madson does, in certain situations. I can't explain it, just something I see from watching so many games. And I think they don't want to mess with Madson in the setup role. I'll say this - if Madson leaves after this year for a closing job, someone is going to totally overpay for him.
    No shit jp, I was looking at stub hub for the garden show but it was too much for me. That sounds fucking sick though, am sure it was a great time. Would have loved to go.

Haha, yeah, jersey city is a bitch. I used to stay there all the time when I was fresh out of school and it was a pain in the balls. Pretty convenient for transportation but not my favorite place.

Aweome to hear it was a good to time, sounds sweet.
    Last thing I saw was, Completely shut down for 3-6 weeks but it's a partially torn rotator cuff. Not great news.

Edit: Haha, fuck off. can't see him making more than a couple starts, if that. Garcia is better than him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Last thing I saw was, Completely shut down for 3-6 weeks but it's a partially torn rotator cuff. Not great news.

Thank god his contract is up after this year. Hopefully some of the young bucks can contribute in the pen at some point this year.

EDIT: haha, had to make a millwood comment. you gotta admit that some of the names they have brought in is pretty fuckin funny. It's like they're trying to build an offensive line with their pitching staff
    Haha yeah, it's somewhat amusing. They would have been awesome 8 years ago. Just gotta hold them over till pitchers hit the block. Just dont want them to trade montero or banuelos unless it's for a legit ace.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    The Fixer wrote:

I got mine. :D What's that dive bar you were talking about? There is still a ticketmaster presale and the general sale...

I'd die to hear accoustic Immortality - my all time favorite song, by anyone.

Congrats again on the little Fixer. 8-);)

Madson has a way of giving up crushing 3-run homers with 2 outs & 2 strikes in the 9th. It's really unbelievable. (although I kind of remember Lidge doing that in Cincinnati last year, with yours truly in attendance...) Anyways, Madson is lights out in the 8th, and the 8th is just as important, so might as well keep him there. The idea of a closer is the most overrated thing is all of sports.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Johnny, that would be The Waterford.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh boy, here we go. What have these guys won?

I assume you're talking about the five starting pitchers. Well if you must know, they've won a combined 571 games and lost 342....good for a .625 win percentage (regular and postseason).

But he asked what they've won. That's what they've won.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Fixer wrote:

But he asked what they've won. That's what they've won.

could be wrong, but i think one of them won a world series mvp at some point too. HEY. OH. ;)

aaaaaaand with that, i have just reminded myself to toss in the 08 dvd before friday. god bless america.
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418

Oakie doakie. I guess pickings are slim around there.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    my 2011 neighborhood fantasy squad(Fuckin impossible to land Phillies in these Philly leagues) :

Opening Day Starters

Geovany Soto
    Carlos Pena
    Troy Tulowitzki
    David Wright
    Brandon Phillips
    Jay Bruce
    Matt Kemp
    Andrew McCuthen
    Adam Lind

Rotation

CC Sabathia
    Jonathan Sanchez
    Max Scherzer
    Brian Matusz
    Jair jurrjens

Closers
    Jonathan Broxton
    Francisco Rodriguez

Bench
    Madison Bumgardner
    Brandon Morrow
    Brad Lidge
    Justin Smoak
    Scott Rolen
    Grady Sizemore
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!

Oakie doakie. I guess pickings are slim around there.

Highly underrated. It isn't any yuppie/hipster doofus place if that's what you're hoping for - High Life bottle are fine by me. And dare I say it, the food isn't actually that bad for the location/price.
This discussion has been closed.