***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Unfortunately, I will be laying low this weekend to keep money in my pocket for LCD Soundsystem in NYC Monday night, Opening Day on Friday, and a game on Sunday.

Nice.

I cannot fucking wait for next weekend. I have to get my boozetime in while I can...just found out that Mrs Fixer is knocked up. She just went off the pill a few weeks ago...my seed must be potent.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    Unfortunately, I will be laying low this weekend to keep money in my pocket for LCD Soundsystem in NYC Monday night, Opening Day on Friday, and a game on Sunday.

Nice.

I cannot fucking wait for next weekend. I have to get my boozetime in while I can...just found out that Mrs Fixer is knocked up. She just went off the pill a few weeks ago...my seed must be potent.

Ohhhhhh shiiiiit. Congrats, man!

Or, should I start the funeral procession?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    The Fixer wrote:

Nice.

Ohhhhhh shiiiiit. Congrats, man!

Or, should I start the funeral procession?

Wow - that's awesome! Congrats - it's the best! (well not the next 9 months, but after that...) ;)

You'll still be able to do plenty of boozing. And you have to drink for 2 now. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Thanks fellas. Ideally this would have happened six months from now as I feel like I've got a lot going on right now. I'm excited and scared to death.

Johnny, I like your idea of drinking for two. Having a designated driver for phils games will be nice :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741

Assuming that means no Felice Bros for you next week. Gotta catch them sometime, dude. They are great.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Thanks fellas. Ideally this would have happened six months from now as I feel like I've got a lot going on right now. I'm excited and scared to death.

Johnny, I like your idea of drinking for two. Having a designated driver for phils games will be nice :D

Good stuff, dude. Congrats.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Thanks man.

Get well soon Chaser...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... ORDS=utley
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Assuming that means no Felice Bros for you next week. Gotta catch them sometime, dude. They are great.

I will have to check them out. have you guys heard of Benji Hughes? Just downloaded his album and I'm digging it. Pretty sure it's been out for a while, so I'm probably late to the party. I used to love checking out new bands...I don't search for new music much anymore. Probably just another sign that my ass is getting old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SE_Sr4XGNk
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Thanks man.

Get well soon Chaser...

Dave Cameron writes for the Wall Street Journal?
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I will have to check them out. have you guys heard of Benji Hughes? Just downloaded his album and I'm digging it. Pretty sure it's been out for a while, so I'm probably late to the party. I used to love checking out new bands...I don't search for new music much anymore. Probably just another sign that my ass is getting old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SE_Sr4XGNk

Felice Brothers are great. Kind of that folk/rock sound is the best I can describe it. Awesome stuff, their shows are incredible, they have an absolute blast on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcVku6bFe-U

Never heard of Benji Hughes, not a bad song though, will have to check more of his stuff.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Thanks man.

Get well soon Chaser...

Dave Cameron writes for the Wall Street Journal?

I think he freelances and contributes to a number of places.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    [/quote]

Ah. Actually was looking for this on the R5 website because my girlfriend was telling of some dude playing that church and I told her F that we should go see these dudes. I just figured I missed it. Going to have to look into this now....It's the same day as my half-ass Phils tix for Wednesday...Maybe I'll just make a day of it. Thanks for the heads-up, Cliff.

By chance, are you a fan of Old Crow? Those dudes are sweet.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ah. Actually was looking for this on the R5 website because my girlfriend was telling of some dude playing that church and I told her F that we should go see these dudes. I just figured I missed it. Going to have to look into this now....It's the same day as my half-ass Phils tix for Wednesday...Maybe I'll just make a day of it. Thanks for the heads-up, Cliff.

By chance, are you a fan of Old Crow? Those dudes are sweet.[/quote]

Good stuff. It's next wednesday and tickets are not bad at all, only $24. Highly recommended. Here is the link to the tickets. Not the most "polished" band in the world but a great great time.

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/29499

I like them, don't know all of their stuff but everything I have heard is great.
    The Fixer wrote:

Hehe - yeah. I actually only made her drive maybe 4 or 5 times, if that. The guilt/sympathy can be overwhelming. ;) (especially if it's 100 degrees for 2 months straight)

It is definitely exciting & scary. Get ready for a wild ride! :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

Hehe - yeah. I actually only made her drive maybe 4 or 5 times, if that. The guilt/sympathy can be overwhelming. ;) (especially if it's 100 degrees for 2 months straight)

It is definitely exciting & scary. Get ready for a wild ride! :D

How was the show last night? Was thinking about going last minute but the girl wasn't up for it and I didn't feel like going solo.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    How was the show last night? Was thinking about going last minute but the girl wasn't up for it and I didn't feel like going solo.

It really was awesome. I actually went solo, because my lady chose QOTSA tonight instead and couldn't do 2 straight nights. I met some people from on here there (well none of the Philly sports freaks, but others). I like the album too, and the live performances blew the studio peformances away. Having Mike there shredding away every song didn't hurt too much either. :D Really glad I went. Be sure to check them out on the TV show at least. ;)

We are heading towards quite the concert season: Tres Mts, QOTSA, TV on the Radio, Eddie (hopefully), U2, hopefully Death Cab & Foo Fighters :D .

Cliffy6745 wrote:

It really was awesome. I actually went solo, because my lady chose QOTSA tonight instead and couldn't do 2 straight nights. I met some people from on here there (well none of the Philly sports freaks, but others). I like the album too, and the live performances blew the studio peformances away. Having Mike there shredding away every song didn't hurt too much either. :D Really glad I went. Be sure to check them out on the TV show at least. ;)

Thats cool. Kind of wish I went but have a lot coming up. Glad it was a good time, I wasn't a huge fan of the few songs Ihave listened to. Will have to check that out for sure though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Thats cool. Kind of wish I went but have a lot coming up. Glad it was a good time, I wasn't a huge fan of the few songs Ihave listened to. Will have to check that out for sure though.

I like the album, which is a bonus, but I could listen to Barney songs for 2 hours if Mike is shredding on stage left. :lol:

Hope everything is going well with you Cliffy. 8-)

Cliffy6745 wrote:

I like the album, which is a bonus, but I could listen to Barney songs for 2 hours if Mike is shredding on stage left. :lol:

Hope everything is going well with you Cliffy. 8-)

haha, that is very true and I haven't heard the whole album either.

Thanks, man. Been a rough month or so. I think most people in this thread can guess from a few of my posts, but we lost my old man pretty suddenly. Hasn't been fun but we are getting through it. Baseball season will be a welcome distraction, even though he was as big of a Yanks fan as me.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks, man. Been a rough month or so. I think most people in this thread can guess from a few of my posts, but we lost my old man pretty suddenly. Hasn't been fun but we are getting through it. Baseball season will be a welcome distraction, even though he was as big of a Yanks fan as me.

Damn - I thought he was really sick - didn't know he was already gone. I'm really sorry. Be sure to toast him during every game this year.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Damn - I thought he was really sick - didn't know he was already gone. I'm really sorry. Be sure to toast him during every game this year.

Thanks, man. I plan on it, going to be strange having a baseball season without talking to him about it pretty much daily.

The good news is, he was never really sick. They found a brain tumor, planned the surgery a week later hoping it wasn't cancer, the tumor hemmorrhaged an hour before surgery, they did the surgery but he never woke back up and we lost him about a week and a half later. He was never in pain and the tumor was agressive brain cancer so he would have only had 6-12 months if the surgery went perfectly. He never knew it and was never in any real pain. It fucking blows, worst feeling ever, but I am happy things happened the way they did given the inevitable outcome. Just happened so fucking fast, pretty much 6 weeks or so ago, things were perfect.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks, man. I plan on it, going to be strange having a baseball season without talking to him about it pretty much daily.

The good news is, he was never really sick. They found a brain tumor, planned the surgery a week later hoping it wasn't cancer, the tumor hemmorrhaged an hour before surgery, they did the surgery but he never woke back up and we lost him about a week and a half later. He was never in pain and the tumor was agressive brain cancer so he would have only had 6-12 months if the surgery went perfectly. He never knew it and was never in any real pain. It fucking blows, worst feeling ever, but I am happy things happened the way they did given the inevitable outcome. Just happened so fucking fast, pretty much 6 weeks or so ago, things were perfect.

Va fancul cancer. :twisted:

[
    Va fancul cancer. :twisted:

Big time. A big fuck you.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Wow, that's a shame. Kind of figured that's what you were going through, but I had no idea that it was such a sudden thing. Best wishes to you and your family.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Cliffy, I'm so sorry to hear that about your Dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    @Buster_ESPN By the way: Rival scouts trailing Phils convinced that Placido Polanco's injury will be a major factor for him and affect his availability.

Awesome!!!!! I knew the Utley injury was serious from the jump and have a bad feeling about this now. This might be the worst spring i can remember.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Thanks for the nice words, fellas.
    Ahhhh, the week of weeks - headed to NYC tomorrow for one of LCD Soundsystem's last shows, Phils On-Deck (BS) game on Wednesday just for the hell of it to get to the ballpark, Felice Bros. at The Church that night(Cliff, 90% sure this is happening), unfortunately not making the Opener due to some class shit but will be catching it on the tube, then Cliff Lee Day on Saturday at the ballpark, followed by Sunday's game as well. Gonna be a good one!

Anybody who is genuinely scared right now need to chill the fack out. It's a loooooong season. So buckle up, gentlemen, it's gonna be the bee's knees for the next 6 months.

Nothing's won on paper so let's just enjoy it! :thumbup:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    what's the word gentlemen? we gonna have enough players to field a team this spring?
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.