***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Though the same I'm sure could be said for the Schmitter, but there's no way that much junk piled on a sandwich can over be overrated.

Oh but it is severely overrated. It really just isn't that good. I get one every year, basically out of some sort of obligation, and I say to myself, this isn't that good. :roll:

I'm with you. kinda reminds me of permani brothers, which sucks
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    Though the same I'm sure could be said for the Schmitter, but there's no way that much junk piled on a sandwich can over be overrated.

Oh but it is severely overrated. It really just isn't that good. I get one every year, basically out of some sort of obligation, and I say to myself, this isn't that good. :roll:

I'm with you. kinda reminds me of permani brothers, which sucks

Eh. Still think it's better than the pulled pork, but the pulled pork is better for value. And trust me, if you're ever on Germantown Pike, hit that place up and get it on a long roll, much much better.

And I gotta say, Prima Pils b-lows. Pilseners in general are not that good. It's like beer for people who don't really like beer. I don't know, not a fan at all.(I get it, it's all personal taste.) Was at Victory last weekend. Got a growler of Yakima. Now that's good stuff.

Johnny, got your shit - I'm incredibly busy until Sunday so gimme till then to send it out.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    And I gotta say, Prima Pils b-lows. Pilseners in general are not that good. It's like beer for people who don't really like beer. I don't know, not a fan at all.(I get it, it's all personal taste.) Was at Victory last weekend. Got a growler of Yakima. Now that's good stuff.

Wow, them's fightin' words. Pils & Porter are my favorite styles of beer. I ALWAYS have a case of some kind of pilsner in the house - Sly Fox, Prima Pils, Stoudts, Troegs, whatever. It's the perfect beer to be able to knock a few back, get a great bracing hoppy flavor, and to go with food and not overwhelm it. Believe me, I am definitely somebody who really likes beer. :D

What do you think about pale ales? Just don't like light-colored beers? The dark beers are usually too much for me in the heat, especially at the ballpark.

Not a huge fan of Yakima - didn't think it was really balanced very well. For Black IPA's 21st Amendment Back in Black is awesome.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Johnny, got your shit - I'm incredibly busy until Sunday so gimme till then to send it out.

I definitely understand. Looking forward to it. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    So since the Mets released Castillo and the Phils wouldn't have to pick up his bill, I would say that wouldn't be a bad move right there. Decent bat off the bench as well. Usually I wouldn't want the Mutts scraps, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting it together to stick up their ass as well....and barring he's not totally finished.
    So since the Mets released Castillo and the Phils wouldn't have to pick up his bill, I would say that wouldn't be a bad move right there. Decent bat off the bench as well. Usually I wouldn't want the Mutts scraps, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting it together to stick up their ass as well....and barring he's not totally finished.

He's finished.

He's finished.

Agree with JOhnny. I'd prefer Young, Valdez, or even pete orr.

mlbtraderumors says phils are close to signing him. Ugh
    edited March 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

He's finished.

No, I hear ya, but I'm sure Young and Valdez make the roster anyway. And if it's the league minimum with a non-guaranteed spot, I really don't see the problem in at least giving it a look.

EDIT: And more than anything, I think this says more about Utley's injury. I don't think they would be giving this guy a chance unless Rube's looking for as many options as possible most likely because Chase will be out for quite a while. God damnit. How was this not something that could've been addressed back in December?
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
    The Fixer wrote:

He's finished.

No, I hear ya, but I'm sure Young and Valdez make the roster anyway. And if it's the league minimum with a non-guaranteed spot, I really don't see the problem in at least giving it a look.

Do you really want castillo taking a bench spot? I'd even take barfield over him. castillo can only play one position and he's not someone I want to see as a pinch hitter.

I guess it's not costing them anything, but I just don't see the point. Since ya know, he bloows
    And I really wouldn't dismiss this Mike Young nonsense if he's in Texas still come mid-July. He'll I'd even say the beginning of the season if this team isn't producing runs. Texas apparently is willing to eat half of his salary, but wants top notch prospects. Wonder if they'd take one of Philly's A-ball highly touted prospects and Joe B. Cause as I see it, if Texas would be willing to pay half of his salary, he's still not a bad option to play left when Ibanez leaves after this season.
    And I really wouldn't dismiss this Mike Young nonsense if he's in Texas still come mid-July. He'll I'd even say the beginning of the season if this team isn't producing runs. Texas apparently is willing to eat half of his salary, but wants top notch prospects. Wonder if they'd take one of Philly's A-ball highly touted prospects and Joe B. Cause as I see it, if Texas would be willing to pay half of his salary, he's still not a bad option to play left when Ibanez leaves after this season.

yeah, I agree that this is something to watch. I gotta say that young doesn't excite me that much though. I think he's overrated. I'd be all for this if he only had one year on his deal instead of 3.

I don't think I'd do colvin/cosart and blanton for young.

At this point it's all speculation on how long utley is gonna be out. Hopefully he can get on the field soon.

I should be in clearwater right now. Had to sell my tix for today and tomorrow. New job won out over Florida trip. Damn you maturity.
    Fucking stupid Orangemen. Stupid stupid stupid 'Cuse. Screwing me big time here.
    edited March 2011
    Fucking stupid Orangemen. Stupid stupid stupid 'Cuse. Screwing me big time here.

could be worse...you could have had pitt and purdue in your final four :?

florida st has a 26 year old on their squad. why does this not surprise me much?

I hope butler wins it all. Love the way they play. ANd their coach used to be in med sales
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    Looks like it's done - Luis Castillo has agreed to sign with the Phillies, reports Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com (Twitter links). Philadelphia offered the former Mets' second baseman a minor league contract according to Salisbury. Adam Rubin of ESPN New York first reported that Castillo was leaning towards joining the four-time defending NL East champs earlier tonight.

Again, I'm not saying I'm slurping Castillo here, just saying it might be worth giving him a look. I've been pretty confident with the evaluators of this team - LaMar, Looper, Proefrock, Kerfeld, Wolever. They have a solid team in the player personnel department.

So Pitt and 'Cuse out of 2/3 of my brackets.....and Cuse in the the championship in both of them.

This is what I'm sayin'... " @Buster_ESPN As if we needed more confirmation: the Phillies' pursuit of Luis Castillo tells you just how much concern theyhave about Chase Utley."
    Castillo fucking blows - I'm booing every time he bats. Hope he trips down the dugout steps again.

Big East also blows. :lol: I didn't pick any of those scrubs for my Final 4. :D The only Big East Sweet 16 teams beat other Big East teams to get there. :roll:

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Nice duel right now, well, for spring training, that is.

Lester v Halladay

Both guys dealing right now like its August.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Uh oh. Ibanez and Victorino collide in the outfield. Victorino's eye is bleeding and he looks concussed. Hope he's ok.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Uh oh. Ibanez and Victorino collide in the outfield. Victorino's eye is bleeding and he looks concussed. Hope he's ok.

you gotta be kidding me
    The Fixer wrote:

you gotta be kidding me

Everything's fine. Nothing is fucked here.
    The Fixer wrote:

you gotta be kidding me

Everything's fine. Nothing is fucked here.
    :lol:

I'm sure he's good. He was laughing it up in the dugout afterward. It just didn't look good in real time, or subsequent replays. That kid's a gamer.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    Luis Castillo off on the wrong foot already. sounds like charlie already annoyed with him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... nding.html
    pjhawks wrote:
    Luis Castillo off on the wrong foot already. sounds like charlie already annoyed with him.

I hope this stupid experiment is over by this weekend. I'd rather see Mickey Morandini come out of retirement and play 2B.

pjhawks wrote:

I hope this stupid experiment is over by this weekend. I'd rather see Mickey Morandini come out of retirement and play 2B.

Did you see Matt Gelb's blog on philly.com where he said he expects the phils to carry 6 bench guys, meaning only 11 pitchers. Soooo dumb...especially if one of those bench guys is castillo. and another is mayberry.

10 more days until the 2nd best day of the year (after thanksgiving)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pjhawks wrote:

did the same thing to us at the start of spring training. you'd think he learn his lesson after the first time. he'll be playing in the atlantic league by next year. also i agree with with charlie 100%.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Oswalt hit below the ear by a Manny drive. Diagnosis: neck bruise, getting x-rays. When is spring training over? :roll:

Any of you clowns hitting the QOTSA show tomorrow night. I have a manager coming in to work with me tomrrow and friday so I can't go. Sucks, I've never seen them live and I want to. I think they would kick ass live
    The Fixer wrote:
    Any of you clowns hitting the QOTSA show tomorrow night. I have a manager coming in to work with me tomrrow and friday so I can't go. Sucks, I've never seen them live and I want to. I think they would kick ass live

Yup, the wife and I are going. I'm also going to Tres Mtns tonight. Gonna be a rough Friday. :lol:

The Fixer wrote:

Yup, the wife and I are going. I'm also going to Tres Mtns tonight. Gonna be a rough Friday. :lol:

That's awesome. I don't really have much desire to see Tres Mtns, but that QOTSA show should be good.

Definitely the first time I've felt like I will be missing something since I moved. Oh well.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That's awesome. I don't really have much desire to see Tres Mtns, but that QOTSA show should be good.

Definitely the first time I've felt like I will be missing something since I moved. Oh well.

Last time QOTSA came for one night and I was at a softball tourney. 3 1/2 years ago. :evil:

Psyched just to see Mike tonight, and the album is really awesome. You guys shouldn't miss out on at least checking the album out.

Unfortunately, I will be laying low this weekend to keep money in my pocket for LCD Soundsystem in NYC Monday night, Opening Day on Friday, and a game on Sunday.
This discussion has been closed.