***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    ladies and gentlemen: the metsfan.... :lol::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:
    [

3 years ago the eagles knocked dallas out of playoffs and clinched a playoff berth by beating the cowboys on the last day of the season. 2 years ago the cowboys beat the eagles on the last day of the season, setting up a first round playoff matchup between the two teams (which I'd rather not discuss).

so, I'd disagree that cowboys/eagles is an artificial rivalry
    that's the point i was making that you need something like those 2 things to keep the rivalry alive and something to look forward too during the season or else to me it's just another game. the cowboys/iggles rivalry is bad topic for me, lol, cause i don't live it and am fraud lifelong cowboys fan . i agree with you but for argument sake you could say that cause of dallas being bad the last 15 years and having few flashes of being good the rivalry isn't what it used to be.

yes the flyers/isles rivalry is all but dead and i wish it wasn't (cause the stories i've heard of those late 70's/early 80's games were cool), i doubt if i went to philly in isles gear i wouldn't get shitted on.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Come on man, you're not making any sense. Nobody has a rivalry with the Ice-Landers because they've been horrible for decades.

The Mets at least were pretty good for a few years there. And you're saying they don't have a rivalry with a team that:
    1- delivered utterly painful end-of-year collapses two straight years
    2- is 100 miles away (if that)
    3- both teams' fans regularly travel to each other's ballparks and frequently brawl

:?: :?: :?:
    i seem to remember the marlins delivering those crushing blows to the mets not the phils

fans brawl cause their douchebags and don't know how to their liquor and wanna act all big and tough. to me that means jack shit and just shows a lack of immaturity on any fans part.

metsfan wrote:

Come on man, you're not making any sense. Nobody has a rivalry with the Ice-Landers because they've been horrible for decades.

The Mets at least were pretty good for a few years there. And you're saying they don't have a rivalry with a team that:
    1- delivered utterly painful end-of-year collapses two straight years
    2- is 100 miles away (if that)
    3- both teams' fans regularly travel to each other's ballparks and frequently brawl

:?: :?: :?:
    i seem to remember the marlins delivering those crushing blows to the mets not the phils

fans brawl cause their douchebags and don't know how to their liquor and wanna act all big and tough. to me that means jack shit and just shows a lack of immaturity on any fans part.

metsfan....you are a DELIGHT :lol::clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    metsfan wrote:

I don't believe the Marlins have been in the playoffs since 2003. The 2007 Mets' 5-12 finish would've been no problem if not for the Phils' 13-4 finish, and winning the last 7 in a row head-to-head. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    By the way, whoever used the term "whoa is me" gave me a good laugh. :lol: Having a really shitty day here, still at work at fucking 11 o'clock. Thanks!

It sounds like something you'd say when you're falling out of the car because the passenger door accidentally came open. "WHOOOOOAAAAA - IT'S ME!!!" ;):lol:8-)

(It's "woe is me," of course, although some grammar book I saw is called "Woe is I" so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    metsfan wrote:

I don't believe the Marlins have been in the playoffs since 2003. The 2007 Mets' 5-12 finish would've been no problem if not for the Phils' 13-4 finish, and winning the last 7 in a row head-to-head. :D
    my point was the mets lost to the marlins in 07 and 08 on the final game of the season thusly being eliminated from the playoffs. but if it makes you feel better to think the phils knocked the mets outta the playoffs then keep living in fantasy world and i live in the real world.

metsfan wrote:
    my point was the mets lost to the marlins in 07 and 08 on the final game of the season thusly being eliminated from the playoffs. but if it makes you feel better to think the phils knocked the mets outta the playoffs then keep living in fantasy world and i live in the real world.

This is great. The Phils couldn't have possibly knocked the Mets out of the playoffs because they didn't play them in the last series of the season. I'll have to remember that one. :lol: :roll:

metsfan wrote:

This is great. The Phils couldn't have possibly knocked the Mets out of the playoffs because they didn't play them in the last series of the season. I'll have to remember that one. :lol: :roll:

metsfan is right. the phillies beat the nationals on the last day of the '07 season to get in. therefore, the phillies and nationals must have a huge rivalry.
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    One of the Phillies owners died

Jim Buck Jr.

I guess a silent partner ? I never heard of him
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    One of the Phillies owners died

Jim Buck Jr.

I guess a silent partner ? I never heard of him

he was pretty quiet. kept to himself.
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    yuck

Assuming Polanco is ready for the opener, then you're looking at shortstop Jimmy Rollins leading off, Shane Victorino batting second, Raul Ibanez hitting third, Ryan Howard batting fourth, and Polanco hitting fifth.
    The Fixer wrote:
    yuck

Assuming Polanco is ready for the opener, then you're looking at shortstop Jimmy Rollins leading off, Shane Victorino batting second, Raul Ibanez hitting third, Ryan Howard batting fourth, and Polanco hitting fifth.

come on 2-6......get healthy you SON OF A BITCH.

ibanez in the 3 hole...... :sick:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    yuck

They need to make a move if Utley is out for awhile

This lineup is not looking good
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    yuck

They need to make a move if Utley is out for awhile

This lineup is not looking good

no, not good at all.

I'd go rollins, polanco, ibanez, howard, francisco, victorino. I guess it doesn't matter much though, that's still ugly looking
    thought this was funny. I'm guilty of texting during games. and of course tailgating. also, I never got the keeping score thing. don't really see the point.

You're not a real Phillies fan if:
    You call them the Fightin's. While the adjective in "Fightin' Phils" might seem an appropriate moniker now, during the franchise's run of unprecedented success, try to avoid it. After all, no one called them the Chokin's or the Stinkin's when those would have been apt descriptions.
    You tweet, text, e-mail, telephone at the ballpark or take part in any activity more technologically advanced than scorekeeping or conversation. Trust me, your Facebook friends don't really care if (a) the seats are awesome, (b) the foul ball dropped two rows away, (c) you got juiced in the parking lot, or (d) the ball girls are hot.
    You complain that the broadcasters on national games are anti-Phillies. Please. The absence of fawning is not evidence of animosity.
    You wear more team merchandise to a ball game than Cole Hamels. To beat a dead horse, if you want to wear a Phils hat or a T-shirt, fine. But when you start dressing in players jerseys and look like a toddler on Halloween, it's time for therapy. Confession: I once trick-or-treated in a Phillies outfit. BUT I WAS 7! Nobody wears scrubs when they go to the doctor's. Remember, no matter how much Phils gear you don, Charlie Manuel is not going stick you in his lineup.
    You tailgate. What other football abominations will soon be marring the once-pure baseball experience? Cheerleaders? Marching bands? Nick Saban?
    You spend more than half an inning strolling on Ashburn Alley. It's a baseball game, folks, not free funnel-cake night at the King of Prussia Mall. Sit down. Have a hot dog. Watch the game. Laugh at the 320-pound guy in a Jimmy Rollins jersey.
    You're one of the growing chorus people who claim Ryan Howard chokes in clutch hitting situations. They whined the same thing about Mike Schmidt until late in his career. You don't drive in 748 runs in 5½ seasons with nothing but meaningless hits. Where were you during all those Septembers when Howard carried the club?
    Your knowledge of team history goes back only as far as Jim Thome. Phillies history might not be pretty, but it's interesting. Put down the video game and read about Horace Fogel. Or Ed Bouchee. Or John Kennedy. Or Charlie Ferguson.
    You don't follow the rest of baseball. Don't be like all those Americans who aren't interested in international news. Everything, except for a few of Ozzie Guillen's synapses, is connected.
    The Fixer wrote:
    thought this was funny. I'm guilty of texting during games. and of course tailgating. also, I never got the keeping score thing. don't really see the point.

You call them the Fightin's. While the adjective in "Fightin' Phils" might seem an appropriate moniker now, during the franchise's run of unprecedented success, try to avoid it. After all, no one called them the Chokin's or the Stinkin's when those would have been apt descriptions.
    You tweet, text, e-mail, telephone at the ballpark or take part in any activity more technologically advanced than scorekeeping or conversation. Trust me, your Facebook friends don't really care if (a) the seats are awesome, (b) the foul ball dropped two rows away, (c) you got juiced in the parking lot, or (d) the ball girls are hot.
    You complain that the broadcasters on national games are anti-Phillies. Please. The absence of fawning is not evidence of animosity.
    You wear more team merchandise to a ball game than Cole Hamels. To beat a dead horse, if you want to wear a Phils hat or a T-shirt, fine. But when you start dressing in players jerseys and look like a toddler on Halloween, it's time for therapy. Confession: I once trick-or-treated in a Phillies outfit. BUT I WAS 7! Nobody wears scrubs when they go to the doctor's. Remember, no matter how much Phils gear you don, Charlie Manuel is not going stick you in his lineup.
    You tailgate. What other football abominations will soon be marring the once-pure baseball experience? Cheerleaders? Marching bands? Nick Saban?
    You spend more than half an inning strolling on Ashburn Alley. It's a baseball game, folks, not free funnel-cake night at the King of Prussia Mall. Sit down. Have a hot dog. Watch the game. Laugh at the 320-pound guy in a Jimmy Rollins jersey.
    You're one of the growing chorus people who claim Ryan Howard chokes in clutch hitting situations. They whined the same thing about Mike Schmidt until late in his career. You don't drive in 748 runs in 5½ seasons with nothing but meaningless hits. Where were you during all those Septembers when Howard carried the club?
    Your knowledge of team history goes back only as far as Jim Thome. Phillies history might not be pretty, but it's interesting. Put down the video game and read about Horace Fogel. Or Ed Bouchee. Or John Kennedy. Or Charlie Ferguson.
    You don't follow the rest of baseball. Don't be like all those Americans who aren't interested in international news. Everything, except for a few of Ozzie Guillen's synapses, is connected.

where did you get this? decent list...

the ashburn alley thing bugs me a little bit now. to me, it's primarily for before the game. after that, it's the ocean city boardwalk.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

where did you get this? decent list...

the ashburn alley thing bugs me a little bit now. to me, it's primarily for before the game. after that, it's the ocean city boardwalk.

inquirer article.

I try to be in my seats for first pitch. usually just hit bulls barbeque because the line moves the quickest. or I just grab dogs. people are crazy for standing in most of those food lines.

I also love hitting tony lukes before games if I have time...then bringing that over to tailgate.

2 more weeks
    The Fixer wrote:

You're not a real Phillies fan if you spend hours upon hours coming up with a list of reasons why people are not real Phillies fans. (not that I don't agree with a lot of this)

2 beers.
    2 dogs.
    to the seats.

BOOM.
    www.myspace.com
    2 beers.
    2 dogs.
    to the seats.

BOOM.

Bulls BBQ pulled pork & a Prima Pils and I'm all set. :D

2 beers.
    2 dogs.
    to the seats.

BOOM.

...bag of peanuts is a must around the 3rd inning too. screw the people in front of me. they're leaving with some shell debris on their backs. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    2 beers.
    2 dogs.
    to the seats.

BOOM.

...bag of peanuts is a must around the 3rd inning too. screw the people in front of me. they're leaving with some shell debris on their backs. :lol:

Hell yeah, peanut shells everywhere!

My buddy and I determined it was inappropriate to do the same at an indoor arena (the peanuts look so good at Temple games). What's everyone think?

2 beers.
    2 dogs.
    to the seats.

BOOM.

haha. I am with you on the peanuts.

johhny, I do the pulled pork at bulls as well. Just wish that sandwich was a little bigger.

Read this morning that Utley is supposed to start a rehab assignment any day now. Reading between the lines it sounds to me like he's gonna give it one more shot at getting on the field. Let's keep our fingers crossed
    The Fixer wrote:
    johhny, I do the pulled pork at bulls as well. Just wish that sandwich was a little bigger.

That's why you need the peanuts. :D

Ever get that bull dog thing? That's the best value in the ballpark - it's porn star huge. 8-)

peanuts are definitely for an outside venue. no doubt.
    www.myspace.com
    peanuts are definitely for an outside venue. no doubt.

I don't know about that. I think it's kinda cool when they have them in restaurants where you can just toss the shells on the floor. I'd say they're acceptable anywhere that you can throw them on the floor.

Not sure why peanuts are so great with beer. Mmmmmm
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    LOVE peanuts in bars/anywhere. Sucks that A Bar Named Sue closed- that place was the shit.

Yeah, that list was about 30% right, not that good of a list.

They need to start giving the option of the Schmitter on a long roll as if you were at McNally's. Bull's BBQ I think is highly overrated. Though the same I'm sure could be said for the Schmitter, but there's no way that much junk piled on a sandwich can over be overrated. Though I gotta say the pulled pork is a good value for the buck.

Love where my seats are because I have a craft brew concession right down my steps. Oh, and good ol' High & Inside. :thumbup:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Not sure why peanuts are so great with beer. Mmmmmm

It's the salt & the hops I think. It just works.
    Though the same I'm sure could be said for the Schmitter, but there's no way that much junk piled on a sandwich can over be overrated.

Oh but it is severely overrated. It really just isn't that good. I get one every year, basically out of some sort of obligation, and I say to myself, this isn't that good. :roll:

This discussion has been closed.