***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Yet according to fuck face the Yankees are getting old.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    hyperextended elbow for polanco now.

what the hell is going on down there? fixer-i agree, sit everybody until 4/1.

This is one depressing Spring Training.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    It'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine it'll be fine. FINE.
    Guys, check this out at PPL Park in June. It'll be a good time.

http://www.usasevenscrc.com/
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pjhawks wrote:

2 reasons we argue so much. 1 because many here love to make sensationalized over-dramatic statements that are outlandish enough (ross gload over ryan howard for example) that they have to be disputed. 2ndly we have been so good and the mets suck so bad how many times and how exciting would it be to say we are great and the mets suck. it was fun 3 or 4 years ago when the mets were still viable, now you aren't really even worth worrying about.

Stutes looked good yesterday. Looks like he has a real shot at making the team. Half the other guys i had barely heard of.

Fixer - if Utley is out who do you think is a viable replacement? I saw the talk about Aramis Ramirez but does the money work for him? any chance the mets are so desperate financially they offer up David Wright, although the Phils would probably have to dump a ton of salary for him (he makes a ton doesn't he?). At some point the Mets are going to have to trade Wright and/or Reyes this year for financial reasons unless they can come up with some new owners and cash influx. Unfortunately if Utley is out long term I'd have to say it probably means the Phils are going to have to dump Blanton for financial reasons. If not a major acquisition Fixer who do you see available? I know before you said maybe Keppinger. Anyone else you like or think would be a good fit?

few things

i've never understood the mets/phils rivalry. to me it's a cheap version of sox/yanks and fails tono end and alota philly fans buy into it more then met fans. me personally i've never had any hatered towards the phils like i do with the braves or yanks. those are the mets true rivals unlike the phils which espn and fox pushed for. i get more pumped up for the subway series every year and wish the yanks and mets could play more then just 6 games a season.

sandy won't ever trade away the face of the franchise(wright) period or reyes inside the division. look for sandy to trade reyes away to the royals for some of their major league ready prospects or a team of that ilk. would you really give up d. brown and some of your other top prospects for a often injured top 10 player? i doubt you would.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    yeah...that big braves/mets rivalry is one people look forward to every year. one of my best friend's a braves fan and he could give 2 turtle poops about the mets. :lol:

there is a natural rivalry between the mets and phils just because of the proximity. it just hasn't taken off because, other than a few years ago, both teams have never been good at the same time.
    www.myspace.com
    yeah...that big braves/mets rivalry is one people look forward to every year. one of my best friend's a braves fan and he could give 2 turtle poops about the mets. :lol:
    i guess your friend forgot bout this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braves%E2% ... ts_rivalry ? :roll:

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I don't care how good or bad the phils and mets are...I will always despise the mets. they are my most hated team in all of sports. by a lot

1 - mets
    2 - cowboys
    3 - giants (NFL)
    4 - rangers (NHL)
    5 - knicks

honorable mention to the red sox, celtics, redskins, and penguins. It's tough to hate any of the atlanta teams since they don't have any fans.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't care how good or bad the phils and mets are...I will always despise the mets. they are my most hated team in all of sports. by a lot

1 - mets
    2 - cowboys
    3 - giants (NFL)
    4 - rangers (NHL)
    5 - knicks

honorable mention to the red sox, celtics, redskins, and penguins. It's tough to hate any of the atlanta teams since they don't have any fans.
    hate a team that has sucked since 06 and before 06 never really had a rivalry with, genius pure genius. :roll:. cowboys and giants should be #1 on that list and mets should be where the rag$ are.

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - mets
    2 - cowboys
    3 - giants (NFL)
    4 - rangers (NHL)
    5 - knicks

hate a team that has sucked since 06 and before 06 never really had a rivalry with, genius pure genius. :roll:. cowboys and giants should be #1 on that list and mets should be where the rag$ are.

Go to a phils/mets game in philly. Then you will understand.

If '07-'08 wasn't a rivalry atmostphere beteween the mets/phils, well then I don't know what is.
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - mets
    2 - cowboys
    3 - giants (NFL)
    4 - rangers (NHL)
    5 - knicks

hate a team that has sucked since 06 and before 06 never really had a rivalry with, genius pure genius. .

huh? so you only want us to hate good teams? ....why don't you hate the cowboys then? :lol: :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    metsfan wrote:
    i guess your friend forgot bout this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braves%E2% ... ts_rivalry ? :roll:

no. actually i guarantee he never even knew about that brief wikipedia entry. :lol: ...braves/mets were good at the same time for a few years around the turn of the centurey. that's about it.

did you forget about this one, which is about 100 times longer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillies-Mets_rivalry

"The rivalry between the New York Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League Baseball is said to be among the best rivalries in the National League (NL),["
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

If '07-'08 wasn't a rivalry atmostphere beteween the mets/phils, well then I don't know what is.
    i'd love to go to a phils/mets game in philly but i don't really feel like trowing down with some drunken idot fan just cause i'm from ny :roll: .

so one year makes a rivalry? really now?

rivalry should consist of both teams good and knocking each other around for years on end and giving each other crushing moments. the mets and phils have been the same division for years on end and never once was it a rivalry till 06 when espn and fox got bored with sox/yanks and wanted something new. to me that's not a rivalry and i would say that even if the mets were good. you want a true rivalry go look at the rangers/islanders, where if you go to rags/isles game at the garden you'll still hear potvin sucks chants after all these years :roll: or come to ny for a subway series and see fights break out between drunken ny douchebags or go to phils/rags game which im sure you have over the years. those are true rivalry.

]

no. actually i guarantee he never even knew about that brief wikipedia entry. :lol: ...braves/mets were good at the same time for a few years around the turn of the centurey. that's about it.

did you forget about this one, which is about 100 times longer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillies-Mets_rivalry

"The rivalry between the New York Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League Baseball is said to be among the best rivalries in the National League (NL),["
    Aside from several brawls in the 1980s, the rivalry remained relatively low-key before the 2006 season,[6] as the teams had seldom been equally good at the same time

that's taken from the exact same link you posted

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i'd love to go to a phils/mets game in philly but i don't really feel like trowing down with some drunken idot fan just cause i'm from ny :roll: .

so one year makes a rivalry? really now?

rivalry should consist of both teams good and knocking each other around for years on end and giving each other crushing moments. the mets and phils have been the same division for years on end and never once was it a rivalry till 06 when espn and fox got bored with sox/yanks and wanted something new. to me that's not a rivalry and i would say that even if the mets were good. you want a true rivalry go look at the rangers/islanders, where if you go to rags/isles game at the garden you'll still hear potvin sucks chants after all these years :roll: or come to ny for a subway series and see fights break out between drunken ny douchebags or go to phils/rags game which im sure you have over the years. those are true rivalry.

07-08 is two years. the rivalry was intense during those two seasons (remember the final two weeks of the '07 season????)

phils/mets isn't close to yanks/sox, but it's still a rivalry.

I've been to a couple of phils game up at citi field. people up there are just as bad as the philly fans. they just say bro and cuz more in nyc. also, one of the biggest fights I've ever seen was at mcfaddens after a phils/mets game. that fight was started by a bunch of d-bag NYC firefighters that took a bus down.
    Dude, because you're team was halfway decent in the late 90's at the same time of the Braves, and for a hot second in the aught's, doesn't mean you have a rivalry. There is little to no relevance for a NYM/ATL rivalry. Just so stupid...

But please, keep playing the "whoa is me - Mets fan" as long as you can....you.are.the worst.
    The Fixer wrote:

07-08 is two years. the rivalry was intense during those two seasons (remember the final two weeks of the '07 season????)

I've been to a couple of phils game up at citi field. people up there are just as bad as the philly fans. they just say bro and cuz more in nyc. also, one of the biggest fights I've ever seen was at mcfaddens after a phils/mets game. that fight was started by a bunch of d-bag NYC firefighters that took a bus down.
    mets/phils is rivalry but not on the level of say flyers/islanders, flyers/rangers, cowboys/iggles. to me those are the game you as a fan circle on the calender and get pumped up for it. and look at what happened in those years since 07-08, the mets have sucked and the rivalry has toned. firefighters are always gonna be dbags when you give em beer. its fine and dandy if you get pumped up for a mets/phils game but me personally i don't care but i'll give shit this season during those game on here just cause it's a fun time and can look at in a non serious way. anyways i gotta grab a bite to eat. enjoy your night, fixer.

metsfan...not a rivalry guy....

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Oh, and not to mention how many Mets fans come down here EVERY year for those series. Whatever works for you.
    Dude, because you're team was halfway decent in the late 90's at the same time of the Braves, and for a hot second in the aught's, doesn't mean you have a rivalry. There is little to no relevance for a NYM/ATL rivalry. Just so stupid...

But please, keep playing the "whoa is me - Mets fan" as long as you can....you.are.the worst.
    dude seriously wtf is your problem, i mean really. when i have ever said whoa is me on here in the almost 6 year's i've been on here. show me where, oh wait that's cause you can't. just a having a cool talk with the fixer and you gotta stick your nose in it as usual where it doesn't belong don't pick a fight a with me cause i won't back down or threaten to report you to the mods unlike some people have in this thread.

ummmmm.....what?
    ummmmm.....what?
    backtracking are we now? don't make accusations and then back away from them. so again you tell me where i ever pulled the whoa is me crap on here.

• Because I once ordered tickets online for a Met game, I'm on their list, so today I got an email inviting me to buy Met tickets for games in Philadelphia.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Because I once ordered tickets online for a Met game, I'm on their list, so today I got an email inviting me to buy Met tickets for games in Philadelphia.

Don't do it. You may end up getting a beer dumped on you apparently.
  • Because I once ordered tickets online for a Met game, I'm on their list, so today I got an email inviting me to buy Met tickets for games in Philadelphia.

I wouldn't do it because if I plan on going to a Phillies game there, I'd prefer to see another NL team, I can see the Mets anytime up here.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Because I once ordered tickets online for a Met game, I'm on their list, so today I got an email inviting me to buy Met tickets for games in Philadelphia.

I wouldn't do it because if I plan on going to a Phillies game there, I'd prefer to see another NL team, I can see the Mets anytime up here.

This is true.
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

mets/phils is rivalry but not on the level of say flyers/islanders, flyers/rangers, cowboys/iggles. to me those are the game you as a fan circle on the calender and get pumped up for it. and look at what happened in those years since 07-08, the mets have sucked and the rivalry has toned. firefighters are always gonna be dbags when you give em beer. its fine and dandy if you get pumped up for a mets/phils game but me personally i don't care but i'll give shit this season during those game on here just cause it's a fun time and can look at in a non serious way. anyways i gotta grab a bite to eat. enjoy your night, fixer.

flyers/isles is a rivalry, but phils/mets isn't??? the isles haven't been relevant since the 70's...they even make the mets history of the last 30 years look good.
    The Fixer wrote:

flyers/isles is a rivalry, but phils/mets isn't??? the isles haven't been relevant since the 70's...they even make the mets history of the last 30 years look good.
    it's a built in rivalry like iggles/cowboys is. you could argue the iggles/cowboys rivalry is dead cause dallas has sucked for the last 15 years or so.

metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

it's a built in rivalry like iggles/cowboys is. you could argue the iggles/cowboys rivalry is dead cause dallas has sucked for the last 15 years or so.

3 years ago the eagles knocked dallas out of playoffs and clinched a playoff berth by beating the cowboys on the last day of the season. 2 years ago the cowboys beat the eagles on the last day of the season, setting up a first round playoff matchup between the two teams (which I'd rather not discuss).

so, I'd disagree that cowboys/eagles is an artificial rivalry
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Come on man, you're not making any sense. Nobody has a rivalry with the Ice-Landers because they've been horrible for decades.

The Mets at least were pretty good for a few years there. And you're saying they don't have a rivalry with a team that:
    1- delivered utterly painful end-of-year collapses two straight years
    2- is 100 miles away (if that)
    3- both teams' fans regularly travel to each other's ballparks and frequently brawl

:?: :?: :?:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
This discussion has been closed.