***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Very happy for Charlie and the Phillies!! :D
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Well, at least PJ's not involved with that stupid Dave Matthews festival in AC. Thank. God.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Well, at least PJ's not involved with that stupid Dave Matthews festival in AC. Thank. God.

Haha, that was random as hell.

I wholeheartedly agree. DMB are the red sox of music
    The Fixer wrote:

Haha, that was random as hell.

I wholeheartedly agree. DMB are the red sox of music

Yeah, I just read it on philly.com so I had to say something.
    People need to ease up on the panic button. Turd that wrote this is a red sox fan...shocking. I don't understand why EVERYONE likes that team.

This is for pjhawks...

Since 2005, Utley is the second most valuable player in baseball (with 42.5 fWAR) behind only Albert Pujols. He gets on base; hits for power and average; runs the bases very well; and plays superior defense at a skill position.

full article here...

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/ ... e-derailed
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    The Fixer wrote:
    People need to ease up on the panic button. Turd that wrote this is a red sox fan...shocking. I don't understand why EVERYONE likes that team.

This is for pjhawks...

Since 2005, Utley is the second most valuable player in baseball (with 42.5 fWAR) behind only Albert Pujols. He gets on base; hits for power and average; runs the bases very well; and plays superior defense at a skill position.

full article here...

thanks Fixer, nothing i like to do better on a rainy work day than to read some 4th tier blog hack. do you actually get turned on reading this stuff about chase? if it included a bar chart with his WAR would actually bust a nut? just wondering because i'm afraid your man crush is developing into full blown stalking.

and i never disputed chase wasn't a great player and one of our best of all time, i just disputed that he is a 'spectacular' defensive player. you keep reading though, i actually watch.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

This is for pjhawks...

full article here...

thanks Fixer, nothing i like to do better on a rainy work day than to read some 4th tier blog hack. do you actually get turned on reading this stuff about chase? if it included a bar chart with his WAR would actually bust a nut? just wondering because i'm afraid your man crush is developing into full blown stalking.

and i never disputed chase wasn't a great player and one of our best of all time, i just disputed that he is a 'spectacular' defensive player. you keep reading though, i actually watch.

funny. you're wrong about utley in the field. just like you were wrong about howard being such a great player (even comparing him to ted williams). Just stick with college hoops dude, you know what you're talking about there. baseball, well not so much

the season needs to start so we have some new material. these recycled arguments have gotten pretty old
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

This is for pjhawks...

full article here...

funny. you're wrong about utley in the field. just like you were wrong about howard being such a great player (even comparing him to ted williams). Just stick with college hoops dude, you know what you're talking about there. baseball, well not so much

the season needs to start so we have some new material. these recycled arguments have gotten pretty old

Cough. Babe Ruth. Cough
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    You guys are boring me. Pick it up. :!: ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    Is this the path Utley's career is going to continue to take every year ?

The sliding injury was flukey but the hip and now the knee

Just seems like every year it's something...bad luck ? or is he breaking down ?
    why is he being such a wuss about surgery? my knee had the same symptoms (only worse) and I went to a fucking surgeon. I love how these guys never do anything in the off season :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    195538_594680061_5777943_n.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    R6 All Aboard!!!! Starting to heat up. :!:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Fixer wrote:

i actually enjoy them

this is me when i read this thread

popcorn.gif guiness.gif

i never understood why you guys argue with each other. my god if the mets had this great of a run the past few years like the phils have had, everyone in the mets thread would be singing kumbaya and getting piss drunk.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    If the mets had this great of a run the past few years like the phils have had, everyone in the mets thread would be singing kumbaya and getting piss drunk.

Instead, here's your typical Mets fan come August:

Mets+Suicide.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    edited March 2011
    metsfan wrote:
    If the mets had this great of a run the past few years like the phils have had, everyone in the mets thread would be singing kumbaya and getting piss drunk.

Mets+Suicide.jpg
    least we don't argue over stupid like you guys do in here. this thread is the board version of days of our lives. we wallow in the misery as a collective group.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Mets+Suicide.jpg
    least we don't argue over stupid like you guys do in here. this thread is the board version of days of our lives. we wallow in the misery as a collective group.

Well I gotta admit I don't read this thread so I'm not really aware of all the arguing. I just randomly post in it when something big happens (Doc no-hitter, Lee resigns, etc) or when I have sweet pictures to post (Various pics of the four aces, Mr. Met taking his own life, etc)

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    phils inquired about aramis ramirez. now that would be a move to get excited about.

17 days...someone hit the fast forward button
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Some of the youngsters are looking good, that Martinez kid is QUICK.
    metsfan wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i actually enjoy them

this is me when i read this thread

popcorn.gif guiness.gif

i never understood why you guys argue with each other. my god if the mets had this great of a run the past few years like the phils have had, everyone in the mets thread would be singing kumbaya and getting piss drunk.

2 reasons we argue so much. 1 because many here love to make sensationalized over-dramatic statements that are outlandish enough (ross gload over ryan howard for example) that they have to be disputed. 2ndly we have been so good and the mets suck so bad how many times and how exciting would it be to say we are great and the mets suck. it was fun 3 or 4 years ago when the mets were still viable, now you aren't really even worth worrying about.

Stutes looked good yesterday. Looks like he has a real shot at making the team. Half the other guys i had barely heard of.

Fixer - if Utley is out who do you think is a viable replacement? I saw the talk about Aramis Ramirez but does the money work for him? any chance the mets are so desperate financially they offer up David Wright, although the Phils would probably have to dump a ton of salary for him (he makes a ton doesn't he?). At some point the Mets are going to have to trade Wright and/or Reyes this year for financial reasons unless they can come up with some new owners and cash influx. Unfortunately if Utley is out long term I'd have to say it probably means the Phils are going to have to dump Blanton for financial reasons. If not a major acquisition Fixer who do you see available? I know before you said maybe Keppinger. Anyone else you like or think would be a good fit?
    pjhawks wrote:

Stutes looked good yesterday. Looks like he has a real shot at making the team. Half the other guys i had barely heard of.

Fixer - if Utley is out who do you think is a viable replacement? I saw the talk about Aramis Ramirez but does the money work for him? any chance the mets are so desperate financially they offer up David Wright, although the Phils would probably have to dump a ton of salary for him (he makes a ton doesn't he?). At some point the Mets are going to have to trade Wright and/or Reyes this year for financial reasons unless they can come up with some new owners and cash influx. Unfortunately if Utley is out long term I'd have to say it probably means the Phils are going to have to dump Blanton for financial reasons. If not a major acquisition Fixer who do you see available? I know before you said maybe Keppinger. Anyone else you like or think would be a good fit?

Stutes has looked great this spring. Would be cool if he's ready to contribute this year. I don't care if mayberry hits 1.000 the rest of the spring...he blows.

The utley stuff really sucks. If he is out for the season I think this team is pretty much screwed. I wouldn't go crazy by making a trade for a guy like michael young (who is not that good and owed a ton of money over 3 years). I think delwyn young is their best option...maybe with valdez getting a start or two a week. I'd roll with them until a better option presents itself.

I have heard that luis castillo is probably getting cut, but he isn't any better than what they have in young/valdez. keppinger of the astros was a possibility, but he's hurt and gonna be out a month or so. there are some other half-assed guys that should be available, but none of them will come close to contributing half of what utley does.

No way the mets trade wright to the phils. reyes is a FA after this year and he is prime candidate to be moved in season. He doesn't fit for the phils though. if the mets are smart they will dump their overpaid vets and build around wright. he's still only 28 years old
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

Stutes has looked great this spring. Would be cool if he's ready to contribute this year. I don't care if mayberry hits 1.000 the rest of the spring...he blows.

The utley stuff really sucks. If he is out for the season I think this team is pretty much screwed. I wouldn't go crazy by making a trade for a guy like michael young (who is not that good and owed a ton of money over 3 years). I think delwyn young is their best option...maybe with valdez getting a start or two a week. I'd roll with them until a better option presents itself.

I have heard that luis castillo is probably getting cut, but he isn't any better than what they have in young/valdez. keppinger of the astros was a possibility, but he's hurt and gonna be out a month or so. there are some other half-assed guys that should be available, but none of them will come close to contributing half of what utley does.

No way the mets trade wright to the phils. reyes is a FA after this year and he is prime candidate to be moved in season. He doesn't fit for the phils though. if the mets are smart they will dump their overpaid vets and build around wright. he's still only 28 years old

agree 100% on Mayberry.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait. Did pjhawks ask some sport-related questions in an amicable sense? I guess it's true that every squirrel can find a nut.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Wait. Did pjhawks ask some sport-related questions in an amicable sense? I guess it's true that every squirrel can find a nut.

thanks for noticing. haven't focused much on baseball yet (other than phils) as still in total college hoops mode so wasn't aware of what available replacement options were so thought i'd ask. i don't ask much amicably because i usually have a strong opinion already formed, in this case i did not as of yet. :)
    YES. Finally some good ol' shit talking.....

I can't wait for Opening Day. Hall is going to get raped. And I love if a hitter goes 1-20 against a pitcher, and that one hit is a home run, they'll feel vindicated. Ridiculous. I hope Colbert hisses one right by his chin. What's that? Cole won't pitch in that series? He should. He should be the 3rd man in the rotation - F mixing up the rotation. Let's go already!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... amels.html
    YES. Finally some good ol' shit talking.....

I can't wait for Opening Day. Hall is going to get raped. And I love if a hitter goes 1-20 against a pitcher, and that one hit is a home run, they'll feel vindicated. Ridiculous. I hope Colbert hisses one right by his chin. What's that? Cole won't pitch in that series? He should. He should be the 3rd man in the rotation - F mixing up the rotation. Let's go already!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... amels.html

gotta love bench players calling people out. this reminds me of the turd that called out pronger after the SCF...even though the guy didn't even dress in the clinching game.

murphy's latest blog has the bench as schneider, gload, valdez, young, and mayberry. ugh.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    bicep tendinitis... fast ball at 88mph....phils downplaying, of course.

not worried...not worried...not worried....not worried....not worried...
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,418
    Got Opening Day tixx in the Hall of Fame Club. :D:clap:

Wow, a Lidge injury in ST. Never thought I'd see the day. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Received this e-mail today :

CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected for the opportunity to purchase tickets to a game vs. the Boston Red Sox to be played at Citizens Bank Park.

I ended up Sec 306 row 4 seats 1&2

June 28th Game

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Got Opening Day tixx in the Hall of Fame Club. :D:clap:

Wow, a Lidge injury in ST. Never thought I'd see the day. :roll:

Nice on the opening day tix. the HOF club is great.

16 days. Is it too early to rest the key contributors? these injuries are getting annoying
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    hyperextended elbow for polanco now.

what the hell is going on down there? fixer-i agree, sit everybody until 4/1.

knights of columbus!
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.